April 26, 2024, 12:31:01 AM

Author Topic: United States Soccer Thread.  (Read 6029 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
United States Soccer Thread.
« on: July 21, 2012, 07:33:17 AM »
Claudio Reyna’s son Jack passes away.
tropigol.com.

Jack Reyna, the oldest son of National Soccer Hall of Famer Claudio Reyna and Danielle Reyna, has passed away. He was 13.

Jack, the couple’s eldest son, reportedly had brain cancer.

Claudio, the U.S. Youth Soccer technical director, decided to skip his induction into the Hall of Fame prior to the U.S.-Brazil match at Fed Ex Field in Landover, Md. on May 31 to be with his son and family.

U.S. Soccer on Friday issued a statement from the Reyna family:

“Jack was so courageous during his two-year fight that he’s become a hero and inspiration to many. Surrounded by his entire family, Jack passed peacefully at the age of 13.

“Thanks to all for the outpouring of support, prayers, and well wishes. Rest in Peace Jack Reyna. You were loved by many and your legacy will carry on.”

Claudio established himself as the the most successful U.S. player performing overseas before returning home to play with the Red Bulls in 2007 an 2008 before retiring. He played for the National Team for from 1994-2006, earning 112 caps and 94 starts.

Danielle was an accomplished player herself starring in youth soccer in the Long Island Junior Soccer League and at the University of North Carolina. Then known as Danielle Egan, she made a few appearances for the U.S. Women’s National Team.

The Reynas reside in Bedford, N.Y.

The U.S. Soccer family sent its condolences to the Reynas “during this difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers are with Claudio, his wife, Danielle, and their entire family as they cope with their loss. During this emotional time, we ask that everyone please respect their privacy.”

Jack was born in Glasgow when Claudio played with Rangers from 1999-2001.

“The thoughts of everyone at the club are with Claudio and his family at this extremely difficult time,” Rangers manager Ally McCoist said on the team’s website.

“We have just heard the sad news that Claudio Reyna’s son Jack has lost his battle against cancer. On behalf of everyone at Rangers I would like to offer my sincere condolences to Claudio and his family at this difficult time.

“Losing a child at just 13 is a tragedy and puts football into perspective.”

In lieu of flowers, family said that fans can make a donation to the Claudio Reyna Foundation on Jack’s behalf. Visit http://claudioreynafoundation.org/claudio-reyna-donate.html.

Claudio played for the U.S. in three World Cups and saw action with European clubs Glasgow Rangers, Sunderland, Manchester City, Bayer Leverkusen and VFW Wolfsburg before retiring in 2008 with the New York Red Bulls.

Claudio was elected to the National Soccer Hall of Fame on February 29, 2012. He is now the youth technical director for U.S. Soccer.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 07:35:02 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: United States Soccer Thread.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 11:52:53 AM »
God Flex... yuh killing we.

Condolences to Claudio Reyna and family though.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 12:44:10 PM »
Wow!!! Cndolences to the Reyna family. God Bless!!!!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 03:41:50 PM »
This is really tough....not an easy read for anyone, I imagine, particularly anyone with children.  Claudio Reyna has always been a classy and unassuming kinda fella boy, this was really saddening.  May the young fella rest in peace.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 04:09:11 PM »
This is very sad news. I hope that Claudio Reyna and his family find peace in this difficult time.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Green picks USA over Germany
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 12:29:06 AM »
Julian Green picks U.S. over Germany

Eighteen-year-old German-American striker Julian Green has officially decided to represent the United States internationally, U.S. soccer announced on Tuesday.

The Florida-born Green, who had made two senior team appearances for UEFA Champions League holders Bayern Munich this season, submitted paperwork to FIFA to play for the U.S.

"Obviously this was a big decision, and I spent a long time discussing it with my family," Green said in a statement released by U.S. Soccer. "I was born in Florida and my father still lives there, so I have deep roots in the U.S. I'm very proud to be representing the United States."

Earlier Tuesday, SI.com reported that Green would train with the U.S. ahead of next month's friendly in Phoenix against Mexico, as he had earlier this month in Frankfurt, Germany, before the Americans' March 5 loss to Ukraine in Cyprus.

"A big part of the decision was the experience I had in Frankfurt," Green said. "All the players were super nice and welcomed me from the beginning. Clint Dempsey gave me a jersey with my name on it, and the way they supported me gave me a lot of belief. The coaches have shown a lot of trust in me, and now I hope to do everything I can to earn a spot on the World Cup roster."

Green's application to switch international teams may or may not be approved in time for Green to participate in the Mexico match, which is the last tune-up for Jurgen Klinsmann's team before its pre-World Cup training camp begins in Northern California in mid-May.

But as a dual citizen of the U.S. and Germany, Green is eligible to play with the Americans, so it's simply a matter of time until he gets the green light.

The appeal to FIFA was necessary because Green has participated in competitive matches with Germany's under-19 team during European qualifying.

"We are absolutely thrilled that Julian has chosen to be a part of the U.S. National Team Programs," Klinsmann said in the statement. "As we have said, he is a very special talent. We wanted him to feel comfortable with our program and listen to his heart when making this decision. I personally want to thank Kalle Rummenigge and everyone at Bayern Munich for their support through this process. He is an exciting player with a tremendously bright future."

Klinsmann, a former star forward and coach at Bayern, has been heavily recruiting Green. He originally invited him to train with the Yanks in November, an invitation Green declined. But Green accepted the invite earlier this month and was photographed in a group picture with five of the squad's other German-Americans.

Last week, Klinsmann told USsoccer.com that if Green decided to represent his birth nation, he'll have a chance to make the 23-man squad for this summer's World Cup in Brazil.

"This is a player who has tremendous potential going forward," Klinsmann said. "I think there's a strong chance to see him rather sooner than later and there's also a chance for him to break even into this World Cup roster. But first he has to make this decision and we go from there."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:01:02 PM by Tiresais »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Green Choose USA
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 09:50:46 AM »
So who is Julian Green? Bayern stars Robben, Schweinsteiger offer endorsements

On the day after Julian Green dropped the big news that he has decided to play for the U.S. instead of Germany, Bayern Munich’s Arjen Robben and Bastian Schweinsteiger gave approving endorsements of the 18-year-old Bayern forward who may well become a member of the U.S. World Cup team in Brazil.

“He’s got great potential, so I think you can be happy about the fact he chose to play for the United States,” Robben told SI.com in an interview at Bayern’s training ground on Wednesday. “He’s a great talent. He already trained with [Bayern’s first team] several times, and you can see he has potential. He’s quick, he’s got very good dribbling and can score goals.”

Meanwhile, Schweinsteiger smiled when asked about Green.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 10:08:56 AM »
"Green" verb...

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 03:33:09 AM »
Forward Julian Green’s Change of Association Approved by FIFA

Bayern Munich forward Julian Green’s application to FIFA for a one-time change of association was approved today, and he is now eligible to play for the U.S. Men’s National Team.

The 18-year-old Green, a dual citizen of the United States and Germany, has been invited in preparation for the USA’s next game against Mexico on Wednesday, April 2.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 10:39:02 PM »
When will Nick Deleon make  a choice? Oh yeah his choice is  to wait to see if the USAwill come asking

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 11:16:35 PM »
Elan fix this title nah man.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 05:00:57 AM »
Why should he? It's vernacularly correct, and there's much written on the forum in the vernacular ... including many of your sentence constructions.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 10:01:56 AM »
Why is Green getting all this attention. Is he of Trini descent?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 10:21:56 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 01:13:45 PM »
Why should he? It's vernacularly correct, and there's much written on the forum in the vernacular ... including many of your sentence constructions.

Yuh name Elan?

;D

This thing hurtng mih eyes every time ah read it... mods!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 01:49:12 PM »

Yuh name Elan?

;D

This thing hurtng mih eyes every time ah read it... mods!

No, so :cursing: ... what?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Green picks USA over Germany
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 02:01:28 PM »
*tips hat*

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 03:06:48 PM »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 05:21:31 PM »
So wait alyuh seriously modify my post heading? All these other dotish heading it have for topics and this is alyuh beef. Cool

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 05:27:34 PM »
... apparently it was ah eyesore ...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2014, 06:00:54 PM »
Natural justice demands that the title be modified to "pick".  :devil:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2014, 06:54:44 PM »
So wait alyuh seriously modify my post heading? All these other dotish heading it have for topics and this is alyuh beef. Cool

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2014, 07:33:50 PM »
this youth is highly rated...klinsi must be offer the man a instant starting berth...either that or he is not confident of being able to cop a starting place within the next few years...i for one will be watching this game to see  what the youth capable of

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2014, 07:49:58 PM »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2014, 08:08:12 AM »
Tiresais Calls press conference over post-editing furore

LONDON - Tiresais held a press conference today to explain his most recent intervention on the Soca Warriors forum. Musing on his so far short tenure, he had some harsh words for his critics

"What I did, I did for the good of the forum! Sometimes you just have to make a change and take the flak that comes with it"

Residents have been split down the middle on this most recent crisis to affect the Moderator. Annie said;

"Y U SO SERIOUS"

In response to growing criticism of his handling of the crisis, Tiresais claimed the heading was an eyesore;

"When you're wandering down the street, you don't want to have to explain this title to your kids. We in society need to do what's best for full-disclosure, the English Language, and the Trinibagonian community at large."

Time will tell if his polls will rebound from this.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2014, 10:02:25 AM »
Being a latecomer to the scene, I did not observe the original title. Will someone please post the Title that generated the scourge of so many?
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2014, 10:10:44 AM »
Being a latecomer to the scene, I did not observe the original title. Will someone please post the Title that generated the scourge of so many?

"Green Choose USA" ... something so
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 06:53:24 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2014, 10:24:35 AM »
It eh serious for me nah. I just wildin up Bakes.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2014, 01:12:12 PM »
What was done was done for the greater good of humanity, when subjects and verbs fail to agree there is a threat to syntactic harmony.  Draconian as it may seem, redaction was preferred over reaction, as these pre-emptive measures will prevent the deployment of Weapons of Parse Destruction against our community.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2014, 01:24:19 PM »
Tiresais Calls press conference over post-editing furore

LONDON - Tiresais held a press conference today to explain his most recent intervention on the Soca Warriors forum. Musing on his so far short tenure, he had some harsh words for his critics

"What I did, I did for the good of the forum! Sometimes you just have to make a change and take the flak that comes with it"

Residents have been split down the middle on this most recent crisis to affect the Moderator. Annie said;

"Y U SO SERIOUS"

In response to growing criticism of his handling of the crisis, Tiresais claimed the heading was an eyesore;

"When you're wandering down the street, you don't want to have to explain this title to your kids. We in society need to do what's best for full-disclosure, the English Language, and the Trinibagonian community at large."

Time will tell if his polls will rebound from this.

So what other titles are you going to change? And are you also going to go around "correcting" everyone's "grammar"? People can't post in dialect any more?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

1]; } ?>