April 16, 2024, 01:11:03 AM

Author Topic: T&T U-17 devours BVI 23-nil.  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T U-17 devours BVI 23-nil.
« on: July 25, 2012, 05:49:00 AM »
T&T U-17 devours BVI 23-nil.

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 17 Men’s team open it's Caribbean Football Union qualifier with a whopping 23-0 victory over the British Virgin Island yesterday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Trinidad.

Next up for captain Brendon Creed and his teammates is a meeting with Suriname on Thursday at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva. kick off 7pm.

Final Score

T&T 23 v BVI 0

Goalscorrs: - Brent Sam 23, 29, 37, 54, 61, 70, 71; Kishun Seecharan 19, 31, 40; Jabari Mitchell 13, 44, 50; Akeem Garcia 37; Brendon Creed 48-Pen, 76-Pen; Andre Fortune 9; Matthew Woo Ling 57; Akim Andrews 78, 81; Weah Adams 82, 88; Martieon Watson 84.

Teams.

T&T: - 1-Stephon Seepersad, 2-Shannon Gomez, 3-Maurice Ford, 4-Josiah Trimmingham, 5-Martieon Watson, 10-Akeem Garcia, 6-Brendon Creed (capt), 8-Jabari Mitchell, 11-Andre Fortune (Mathew Woo Ling 51st), 19-Kishun Seecharan (7-Aikim Andrews 63rd), 9-Brent Sam (12-Weah Adams 73rd).

T&T Coach: - Shawn Cooper.

BVI: - Akeem Pope, Allan Williams, Kenzie Turnbull (Yellow 25), Robert Brown, Kevaughn Watson, Kairon Durante (Rowan Wheatley 45th), Shamoy Thompson, Eddie Cupid (Shakur Woodley 86th), William Green, Jael Lennard, Trevor Jones.

BVI Coach: - Vincent Samuel.

Attendance: - 200.

Referee: - Valdin Ledgister (JAM).

Standings

GP  W  T  L  GF  GA  GD  Pts
Trinidad & Tobago  1  1  0  0  23  0  +23  3
Suriname  1  1  0  0  3  1  +2  3
Guyana  1  0  0  1  1  3  -2  0
British Virgin Island  1  0  0  1  0  23  -23  0

Full updates to follow.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 05:49:55 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: T&T U-17 devours BVI 23-nil.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 06:42:02 AM »
+23 lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 12:44:03 PM »
target practice!

now we want revenge against guyana!

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 01:20:02 PM »
Goodness!! we need a mercy rule... That's just demoralising to the opposition... 23....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 01:22:11 PM »
take yuh licks like a man

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 01:46:05 PM »
Goodness!! we need a mercy rule... That's just demoralising to the opposition... 23....

Tell that to Mexico.

They usually try to score that amount on us but luckily only come away with 4 to 6 or 7 goals on a regular

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 03:11:05 PM »
most noteworthy...they kept a clean sheet
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 03:24:54 PM »
Lets hope we can beat Surinam by at least 1 goal so 1-0,2-1,3-2...well yuh get what ah mean. :)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 04:23:12 PM »
d men dat like advantage ting probably in dey glee, still it would be interesting to see if we were that much better or BVI that much worse
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 04:41:44 PM »
I think we that much better. But If we could beat them 23-0. Mex could probably beat them 46 zip!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 05:40:51 PM »
U-17s batter BVI but eyes close contest with Suriname.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 17 footballers broke the record for the highest number of goals ever scored in a regional Under 17 qualifying match when they battered British Virgin Islands 23-0 in their opening Caribbean Football Union qualifier at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Tuesday night.

The result was a record for qualifying matches in CONCACAF also as the confederation’s director of information Steve Torres confirmed that the previous record was held by Jamaica in their 16-0 win over St. Kitts & Nevis on August 26th, 1994.

T&T’s record-breaking performance came largely due to the efforts of Police FC forward Brent Sam who notched seven goals on the night while Kishun Seecharan and Jabari Mitchell each got a hattrick, skipper Brendon Creed, Aikim Andrews and Weah Adams all had doubles while Andre Fortune, Matthew Woo Ling and Akeem Garcia getting a goal each.

Suriname defeated Guyana 3-1 in their earlier game of the double header. Guyana will do battle with BVI from 5pm on Thursday at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva while T&T tackles Suriname from 7pm.

“It’s a good win but I do not want the players to feel any great sense of accomplishment by this result,” head coach Shawn Cooper told TTFF Media soon after the match.

“We didn’t know much about BVI but we knew this was a game we had to win. Fortunately for us we were able to dominate and score a number of goals. I was pleased that we never let our foot off the gas and we took our chances. It shows the appetite of the boys to win a match convincingly.”

“Being the first international game for them was a good result for them and scoring twenty three goals against any opposition is a quite a feat.”

Commenting on the performance of Sam who is the nephew of former national striker Hector Sam, Cooper added: “Brent started with this team playing at left back. I saw him in the Colleges league with San Juan finishing well and clinically and we ran into problems as our strikers were not finishing too well and I got a gut feeling and said I wanted to try him there. He was at home and was very calm in front of goal and he was a totally different player from then on.”

Looking ahead to Thursday’s clash with Suriname at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Cooper added “I had a look at them in the opening match and they appear to be pretty organized and they got a good result. I think this game is going to be a mouthwatering affair on Thursday.”

On the match itself, after looking the better of the two teams from the opening whistle, T&T looked rather nervous in front of goal and had to wait until  the 9th minute to break the deadlock. It was Andre Fortune who drove home with his left foot past goalkeeper Akeem Pope who had failed to hold the initial effort.

On 13 minutes, T&T doubled their lead when Shannon Gomes laid one back for Jabari Mitchell and he made no mistake in burying home and the appreciative T&T crowd was already sensing a dominant performance by the hosts.

Seecharan, wearing the number 19 shirt, got his first item in minute number nineteen, moments after volleying inches wide of the  upright. And then in the 23rd minute Sam was on spot to finish from close range. T&T were in total control at this stage as BVI struggled to get the ball out of their own half, far less mount any attack on the T&T goal with custodian Stephon Seeepersad left lonely in his area for almost all of the match.

Sam found himself in a one on one with Pope and he showed all the composure in the world to slip it past the hapless ‘keeper to push T&T to 5-0 lead in the 23rd minute.

And a minute over the half hour mark, Seecharan got T&T’s sixth item of the match.

The contest was over at that point but the fans kept cheering on, enjoying every moment of T&T’s dominance, maybe because they hadn’t had the opportunity to do so in quite a while.

Garcia put his name on the scoresheet in the 37th and a minute later Sam completed his hattrick a minute later with another clinical finish. Seecharan got his third when he collected near the half line and burst down the right before making his way inside the box and hitting home in the 40th. Mitchell converted a final time before the half time break to leave BVI brutalized.

Skipper Creed would go on to convert two penalties in the 48th and 76th and substitute Matthew Woo Ling had a neat left footed finish in the 57th minute, also hitting the post on another occasion.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 07:09:36 PM »
23-0.....all yuh sure we eh play American Samoa..
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 08:21:28 PM »
saw d highlights cant tell too much from d little I saw even wit d goal rout at times they looked lil clumsy wit d ball at they feet other times much better, also seem to be trying to develop a flow to their balling, it not ice cream smooth, but they could get there with continued practice and proper coachin and guidance, good job but BVI "looked" pretty much like training cones, clueless cones :D ... but it was highlights  and all the goals were not shown .....congrats non d less....nice ruthless display :beermug: :beermug: :applause: :applause: :applause:
I pity the fool....

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 05:04:43 AM »
Sometimes I wonder why BVI bothers to play football or cricket?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 06:19:50 AM »
Sometimes I wonder why BVI bothers to play football or cricket?

VB

because they can only improve.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 03:58:33 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8lTKJ7L--5I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8lTKJ7L--5I</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 05:22:13 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8lTKJ7L--5I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8lTKJ7L--5I</a>

The first youthman did prettywell with his interview, not bad.

De secan yuteman  :rotfl:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 05:30:39 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DgfdnjjpIDQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DgfdnjjpIDQ</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>