April 28, 2024, 07:08:52 PM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 173055 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Central FC joins the T&T Pro League
« Reply #240 on: September 19, 2012, 06:33:20 PM »
Just to add some fuel to this interesting debate - Central FC has negotiated to use Presentation College Chaguanas as their training base... Hon. Jack Warner's alma mata!

Considering the investment that He has made directly and indirectly over the last few years at the College, can we say that Central FC is using Minister Warner's facilities?  ;)

Well, I'm not sure that anyone, including a Minister can take ownership of the College, but suffice to say that Mr Sancho and Central F.C. are pleased to be benefitting from Mr Warners generosity and fully intend to reciprocate by refurbishing the changing room facilities.

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 19, 2012, 06:46:26 PM »
Just to add some fuel to this interesting debate - Central FC has negotiated to use Presentation College Chaguanas as their training base... Hon. Jack Warner's alma mata!

Considering the investment that He has made directly and indirectly over the last few years at the College, can we say that Central FC is using Minister Warner's facilities?  ;)

Well, I'm not sure that anyone, including a Minister can take ownership of the College, but suffice to say that Mr Sancho and Central F.C. are pleased to be benefitting from Mr Warners generosity and fully intend to reciprocate by refurbishing the changing room facilities.

:beermug:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 19, 2012, 09:37:20 PM »
Central F.C. tailgate party at Manny Ramjohn Stadium at 6.30 on Friday. Siparia Rhythm Section plus supporters T shirt and 4 beers for $50. Game starts at 8pm. Come party with The Sharks!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 19, 2012, 10:33:13 PM »
Central F.C. tailgate party at Manny Ramjohn Stadium at 6.30 on Friday. Siparia Rhythm Section plus supporters T shirt and 4 beers for $50. Game starts at 8pm. Come party with The Sharks!!

Bake doh jump up with Shark... sorry  ;D

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 19, 2012, 10:36:26 PM »

Bake doh jump up with Shark... sorry  ;D

Well, maybe, one day, our two worlds will come together in peace  ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 22, 2012, 12:15:27 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yeByQZkAZjw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yeByQZkAZjw</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 22, 2012, 12:42:10 PM »
What a great attitude this guy (Rix) has. Very positive. That can only augur well for the atmosphere with the team. Very nice. Keep it up Central FC.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 28, 2012, 08:50:36 AM »
Imagine the coach is getting more pay than the entire team combined, just now they to will have to sell lettuce in the market to survive because Joe Public definitely don't want them back.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 28, 2012, 11:07:56 AM »
Imagine the coach is getting more pay than the entire team combined, just now they to will have to sell lettuce in the market to survive because Joe Public definitely don't want them back.

:rotfl: Such a laugh sometimes. Sadly, you actually believe the crap that dribbles from your mouth!!  :rotfl:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #249 on: September 28, 2012, 01:00:59 PM »

Troll. Ignore.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 06, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:57:23 PM by Tallman »

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 06, 2012, 07:07:20 PM »
Central FC is the new Tobago United.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Everyone needs a judas.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 07, 2012, 06:23:38 PM »
Central FC is the new Tobago United.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Everyone needs a judas.

For once, I agree. Tobago Utd were the top professional team in Tobago, and Central F.C. aim to be the top professional team in Trinidad.  :beermug:

I also agree that everyone needs a Judas. For anyone involved in T&T football and sw.net, it just happens to be you and your alter ego.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 07, 2012, 07:03:18 PM »
Classy answer FS, on the Tobago United ting.

But why insult Judas? At least he had remorse.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 08, 2012, 08:46:21 AM »
Classy answer FS, on the Tobago United ting.

But why insult Judas? At least he had remorse.

My bad. He didn't have a bad game for Newcastle yesterday. Or was that Jonas?  :devil:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #255 on: November 13, 2012, 09:02:24 PM »
Central FC's Kevin Harrison - The Interview.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Central brings new Shark from Singapore
« Reply #256 on: January 24, 2013, 07:27:06 AM »
Central brings new Shark from Singapore
Central FC Media

F.A. Trophy finalists Central F.C. have introduced their latest addition, 30 year old Fabien Lewis. The 6 foot central defender has been recruited from Singapore club Woodlands Wellington F.C. and has had spells in Puerto Rico with Atletico de San Juan as well as 3 seasons in the U.S.A. with Real Maryland Monarchs, Michigan Bucks and Western Mass Pioneers.

Despite being born in San Fernando and attending Naparima College, Lewis has never played professional football in Trinidad & Tobago.

“It’s kind of weird making your debut in Trinidad at age 30” laughed Lewis. “But I left T&T to attend college in the U.S.A. and although I always wanted to play in my home country, opportunities elsewhere took me further away!”

Read More…
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
Re: Central brings new Shark from Singapore
« Reply #257 on: January 24, 2013, 11:57:57 AM »
I, too, have always admired Fenwick's coaching style from afar. The knack and the ability he has for developing a youth system and young players and looking out for his senior players career wise are probably unmatched in the pro cemetery. Fabien, you are going to be playing for an intense coach, a very knowledgeable coach, and one that requires nothing short of your best effort. Central, you are certainly moving in the right direction by improving and building your supporting cast and providing your players with competition at every position. Players will have to perform at their best if they want to play everyday and that bodes well for the team going forward. But I want to comment on something totally different from what this thread is about, something that caught my attention on a site today.

Wednesday, February 23, 2013

TUCSON, Ariz. — FC Tucson, in conjunction with Pima County, announced plans for a brand new 2,000-seat stadium to be opened by 2014 on the site of Field #1 at Kino Sports Complex North. In addition to the new stadium, which will become the new home for FC Tucson, Pima County also plans to add a sixth field at Kino Sports Complex North.

“Pima County’s commitment to soccer, and the pace at which the County is developing Kino Sports Complex as a soccer facility, is remarkable,” said FC Tucson co-managing member Greg Foster. “FC Tucson could not ask for a better partner in our mission to convert the region’s passion for the game into enhanced opportunities for youth and amateur soccer and bigger and better professional soccer events. Pima County is creating a new cultural asset for our community and FC Tucson is honored to be involved.”

I believe that Central's ambitions are the same but I can't wait for the day when something similar becomes a reality for you guys, something like this initiative can be used to show the rest of the teams what can be accomplished with the right support, the right business plans, and the right initiatives culminating into a sports complex like this one or bigger that all of Central and TnT can be proud of.

Central FC, you are on the clock.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 24, 2013, 12:04:38 PM »
I, too, have always admired Fenwick's coaching style from afar. The knack and the ability he has for developing a youth system and young players and looking out for his senior players career wise are probably unmatched in the pro cemetery. Fabien, you are going to be playing for an intense coach, a very knowledgeable coach, and one that requires nothing short of your best effort. Central, you are certainly moving in the right direction by improving and building your supporting cast and providing your players with competition at every position. Players will have to perform at their best if they want to play everyday and that bodes well for the team going forward. But I want to comment on something totally different from what this thread is about, something that caught my attention on a site today.

Wednesday, February 23, 2013

TUCSON, Ariz. — FC Tucson, in conjunction with Pima County, announced plans for a brand new 2,000-seat stadium to be opened by 2014 on the site of Field #1 at Kino Sports Complex North. In addition to the new stadium, which will become the new home for FC Tucson, Pima County also plans to add a sixth field at Kino Sports Complex North.

“Pima County’s commitment to soccer, and the pace at which the County is developing Kino Sports Complex as a soccer facility, is remarkable,” said FC Tucson co-managing member Greg Foster. “FC Tucson could not ask for a better partner in our mission to convert the region’s passion for the game into enhanced opportunities for youth and amateur soccer and bigger and better professional soccer events. Pima County is creating a new cultural asset for our community and FC Tucson is honored to be involved.”

I believe that Central's ambitions are the same but I can't wait for the day when something similar becomes a reality for you guys, something like this initiative can be used to show the rest of the teams what can be accomplished with the right support, the right business plans, and the right initiatives culminating into a sports complex like this one or bigger that all of Central and TnT can be proud of.

Central FC, you are on the clock.

yeah, a nice little 4,000 seater would be ideal. But first we need an academy!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #259 on: January 24, 2013, 05:56:23 PM »
Fabien is a pure fighter, good signing.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 24, 2013, 06:58:40 PM »
Fabien is a pure fighter, good signing.

Looking forward to see him play. Central have amassed some solid defenders so I hope to see some positive results. :beermug:

truetrini

« Reply #261 on: January 25, 2013, 02:15:28 AM »
IS it true that the same SIS that built Kamla and Jack homes are the sponsors of the Sharks?  Merely curious
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:25:57 PM by truetrini SC »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 25, 2013, 07:50:56 AM »
IS it true that the same SIS that built Kamla and Jack homes are the sponsors of the Sharks?  Merley curious

As you may have noticed, we actually don't have a sponsor as yet. However, companies like SIS, Toyota, Universal Foods, Presidente (coca cola) are helping us with various projects and events. The people at SIS are very helpful. They are a big company and have lots of useful stuff like a sound system. They also sponsor various groups such as Siparia Rhythm Section so they have provided them for events etc. When we take the kids or old folk, Toyota give us the bus, SIS provide a driver and we beg some snacks and drinks.

I still haven't convinced SIS to build us a stadium, but maybe if we win the F.A.Trophy we'll be a step nearer!!

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 25, 2013, 07:10:48 PM »
Real glad for him...hadda link him next time I home yes

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
The Sharks: Central FC Thread
« Reply #264 on: February 26, 2013, 09:16:15 AM »
Welcome to the Central FC (Sharks) Thread

Ent Central FC was suppose to sign some big contract with a top foreign team?

Like de deal fell through.

I think Central FC should start selling products like shirts and thing.

They need to start generating more on their own, if they continue to be in the negative every month they will buss.

And change they name from Sharks, ah hate that name, it making them sound like some hockey team.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 12:59:07 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Sharks: Central FC Thread
« Reply #265 on: February 27, 2013, 07:17:08 PM »
Sam, thanks for your thoughts.

We have several potential European partners including a Champions League winner, but the problem is here, not there. In order to make any deal worthwhile, we would have to fund their coaches to visit with our coaches and players. One coach will cost us approx TT$12,000 per week including flights, accommodation, meals etc. Even if we held a coaching clinic and charged $200, we would need 600 kids and that won't happen! We have been trying to get sponsorship, but no one seems interested. One of the main aims of a coaching clinic would be to filter the top 30 or 40 kids so they can get real benefit, but that takes quite a bit of filtering! It should not depend on their ability to pay.
We are the only Pro League team (aside from T&TEC perhaps) who do not receive government funding which is shocking when you see how much emphasis we put on Football in the Community compared to those clubs who receive up to $83,000 p.m. from Ministry of Sport.

Every penny we spend is generated by us...but we'll keep pushing for the subvention. Some weeks we struggle in training as we don't have enough footballs. We have just had to purchase 75 uniforms for the youth teams which we sourced in India. We make our own ice in plastic bags in a freezer and bought a second hand washing machine to cut costs. Even playing in the F.A. Trophy final is a financial strain as there is no prize money. We asked TTFF if we could put out sponsors perimeter boards but they said no, so even if we win the cup, we're out of pocket!

Regarding selling merchandise, we will be sellling to order from our website which is coming soon. Again, the problem is capital outlay. Just stocking a jersey means we actually need to hold up to 6 as we don't know which size a client would want - s, m, l, xl, xxl or kids sizes. It's worse with T shirts as we've found that women want a different style neckline etc, so we'd need up to 12 in stock to accommodate one sale. Our jerseys are only available from USA so we have shipping and taxes as well as printing to add to the purchase cost. We did investigate using a local brand, but the quality wasn't good and it was evident that people preferred a brand name. So we cannot afford to buy stock in advance that may sit there for 6 months.

I love the Sharks name. It's really caught on here. It may be a bit NFL, but we need to inject some kind of excitement into the club branding. It's more relevant than Caledonia being called Stallions and Joe Public being known as Lions. The whole marketing and promotional opportunity that goes with the nickname includes a kids story about Sharkie, there will be Baby Shark merchandise and of course, The Sharkettes.

It may not be traditional football fare, but trust me, traditional does not work here!!

Hope that helps a little!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 27, 2013, 10:20:39 PM »
Sorry to hear no business from central is interested. Blood suckers. If the overseas coaching cost that much, allyuh better for get them. We need the money more than them. As I told Fyzoman and Pointman, I read where Shell bought out REPSOL. Shell used to sponsor Civic Center in the 60s. Allyuh better jump the gun and ask Shell for a sponsor. Just a crazy thought.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 28, 2013, 09:08:09 AM »
Central FC is dead last in the Reserve League after 5 games.

Sam, I like the way they respect you because when I said I hate the name Sharks they jumped on me.

Baby Sharks...  :rotfl: :rotfl:

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:09:58 AM by Jack Horner »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 28, 2013, 10:02:23 AM »
Central FC is dead last in the Reserve League after 5 games.

Sam, I like the way they respect you because when I said I hate the name Sharks they jumped on me.

Baby Sharks...  :rotfl: :rotfl:

I see you carefully choose what stuff to respond to. Nice pattern.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 28, 2013, 11:21:20 AM »
FS, what's the problem with balls?

1]; } ?>