April 29, 2024, 06:59:55 AM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 173191 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Sharks: Central FC Thread
« Reply #360 on: July 28, 2013, 05:17:45 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Central-FC-sign-Quintero-216690501.html

Central FC sign Quintero

Express Jul 23, 2013

New Central FC signing, Dwight Quintero is finally ready for his shot at professional football and believes he can make a smooth transition into the top flight. Quintero has represented Trinidad and Tobago at the Under-17 and Under-20 levels.

“I was always looking forward to playing pro football and I was preparing myself,” he said. “The difference now is being more professional and the game is a bit faster. But I believe I can make a smooth transition.”

Quintero, who represented North East Stars reserves during the last two seasons, explained that he repeated CSEC exams at El Dorado Secondary East to improve himself academically, hence his late entry into professional football.

The 19-year-old Blanchisseuse footballer signed a two-year contract with Central, last week, and has already set his sights on a T&T senior team pick.

“Although I’m delighted that T&T have performed well at the (Concacaf)  Gold Cup, it is clear to me that there will be changes in the squad in preparation for the 2018 World Cup qualifiers,” said Quintero. “(T&T head coach) Stephen Hart has a reputation for  selecting young players and building a squad (which) will stay together for several years. I will be 24 when the 2018 World Cup is played so I feel this is the perfect season for me to break through to the senior national team.”

Central FC managing director and former T&T international, Brent Sancho believes Quintero “is on the cusp of the senior national team”.

“I would expect Stephen Hart to take a close look at him this season,” said Sancho, a former European-based footballer.

“(Quintero is) strong, fast and has a great first touch. We’re very excited to have him at (our) club.”

Head coach Terry Fenwick’s new signings also include 17-year-olds Nicholas Dillon (promoted from the Central Under-18s) and Rangers youth player Kevon Goddard, as well as 19-year-olds Dwight Pope (Shiva Boys College) and Javon Sample (St Anthony’s College). Defender Jamal Jack, 25, and midfielders Shem Alexander, 23, and Julio Noel, 20, have joined Central from the St Ann’s-based Rangers.

And Central have retained the services of Marvin Oliver, Darryl Trim, Carey Harris, Keion Goodridge, goalkeeper Marvin Phillip, the Tobago quartet of Rundell Winchester, Omar Charles, Darren Mitchell and Dario Holmes, as well as Jason Marcano, Johan Peltier and Hector Sam.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 28, 2013, 10:00:56 PM »
Central eh making joke . . . I think they will show others the way . . .be patient and push ahead
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #362 on: July 29, 2013, 06:08:27 AM »
Sancho: Jack will be the new king in Central.
Central FC Media.

Central F.C.’s latest signing, Jamal Jack will be a significant contributing factor in The Sharks quest for Champions League football, said Managing Director, Brent Sancho.

“Both myself and Head Coach Terry Fenwick saw Jamal as a key component as we build a squad to challenge for trophies this year” said Sancho. “Jamal has only won 1 cap, but I’m convinced if he has a successful season that he can attract the eye of national head coach, Stephen Hart”

Sancho, who represented T&T as a centre back in the 2006 world cup, should have some experience at spotting a good defender.

“This season, Jamal will be Central’s Ledley King.” King was a Tottenham and England centre back and captained his club side. “Ledley was always calm under pressure and his timing on challenges was superb. I see Jamal in the same mould.”

The 25 year old defender arrived in California after a spell with St Ann’s Rangers. “It’s great for me to come to Central” said Jack, who was born in Charlotteville, Tobago. “Both Mr Sancho and Mr Fenwick played in World Cups as defenders, so I’m certain that I can learn a few pointers from them to improve my game.”

Jack is frustrated that he hasn’t won more international appearances. “I played against Antigua & Barbuda and, as you would expect, it was my proudest moment in football. You can’t explain how it feels to listen to your national anthem wearing the red, white and black jersey. Your chest kind of expands to bursting point!”

Read More

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 06:10:27 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 29, 2013, 06:28:40 AM »
Jamal Jack is a good left footed player, be careful though, he is ah next Cyd Gray, he have a temper. Didn't he get a read card for T&T already, I think it was in de 2007 Gold Cup.

But he is a good player, left football and have some speed. Terry go break him out well.

Central FC is de new Tobago United, how much Tobago players they have now, 6 ?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 29, 2013, 06:39:13 AM »
Jamal Jack is a good left footed player, be careful though, he is ah next Cyd Gray, he have a temper. Didn't he get a read card for T&T already, I think it was in de 2007 Gold Cup.

But he is a good player, left football and have some speed. Terry go break him out well.

Jack, Mitchell, Charles, Holmes, Trim, Winchester   :beermug:

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 29, 2013, 08:45:59 AM »

Nah... TU was always at the foot of the table ;D
Live large and prosper!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 29, 2013, 08:59:49 AM »

Nah... TU was always at the foot of the table ;D

Yeah, but you wonder why? If you throw in talent like Daneil Cyrus and others, they should be topping the table. THA should sponsor travel between Tobago and Trinidad and take the gate money from games held in Tobago. I'm sure a Tobago team could get enough sponsorship to exist (Govt would pay around 50 - 80 k per month in subvention) so they won't need much more.

The travel is the problem, not just for Tobago but for Pro League teams. It's a big additional cost when you have a tight budget, so unfortunately, Trinidad teams put their own interests first.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 29, 2013, 08:01:21 PM »
Football supporter --- Firstly, great job on what you guys have accomplished thus far with Central FC.  I wanted to add that 'Sharks' is indeed a good nick-name, and is not only a name that could be used in the NHL as some here suggested --- it's just as good a name in football also. 

In-fact, the nick-name 'Sharks' goes extremely well with T&T especially since we are known to eat a lot of Bake and SHARK sandwiches...sharks are definitely a part of the culture in T&T (though a football club from Maracas named the 'Maracas Sharks' would've been most ideal...lol). 

Anyhows, the 'Sharks' nick-name for Central FC is still a very good fit. Good job!  :beermug:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 09, 2013, 05:16:25 PM »
I don't speak foreign, but I'm pretty sure this advert is saying something like "Central F.C. Sharks will rule the world"

http://msn.mediotiempo.com/multimedia/videos/moneros-futboleros&cual=11816#ooid=Zkd2Z0ZDrcwbvW7vgxpWtOPz7LSafYPR

Well, maybe not, but I can dream!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 09, 2013, 06:40:53 PM »
I don't speak foreign, but I'm pretty sure this advert is saying something like "Central F.C. Sharks will rule the world"

http://msn.mediotiempo.com/multimedia/videos/moneros-futboleros&cual=11816#ooid=Zkd2Z0ZDrcwbvW7vgxpWtOPz7LSafYPR

Well, maybe not, but I can dream!!

That appears to be Mexican TV advertising the red sharks of Vera Cruz. Gally played for them. I think Joe Public beat them in Concacaf CL already when "Jackie Chan" the Guyanese was a star player in the league.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiburones_Rojos_de_Veracruz

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 17, 2013, 10:30:07 AM »
Central F.C. Season 2: New Faces

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D0km-rQrBI

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 30, 2013, 07:32:20 AM »
Sharks Intend To Arrive Alive.
Central FC Press Release.

Central F.C.’s players and staff took part in an Arrive Alive awareness presentation this week as the California based club aims to promote road safety to its supporters and community.

“We believe that footballers make great role models for both young and older members of the community, so we are keen to promote campaigns that will improve lives and make Trinidad & Tobago a safer place to live” said Central F.C.’s Managing Director, Brent Sancho. “But before we can preach to our community, we must first understand the dangers ourselves and educate our players in the best ways to Arrive Alive.”

Arrive Alive is an N.G.O. dedicated to all aspects of road safety, and they have influenced the government in drafting various laws including the breathalyser legislation.

“When we looked at the statistics, we recognised that our players are firmly in the high risk category, with men being involved in 80% of road accidents overall, while young men between the ages of 18-30 are most at risk.” said Sancho. During the 90 minute long presentation, the Arrive Alive team of Anton Licorish and Jerome Skinner shared various statistics with the players and also involved the players in several demonstrations.

T&T national goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams took a breathalyser test after rinsing his mouth with mouthwash and failed the test! “I was stunned” said Williams “I couldn’t believe that mouthwash would cause a negative result in a breath test” Mouthwash actually contains alcohol, so it’s a good example of how a breathalyser works to detect alcohol.

Another T&T international, midfielder Jason Marcano, volunteered to walk a straight white line wearing special goggles that replicate the effect of alcohol blurring your vision. “I took great care to walk along the line” said Marcano “but I could hear the guys laughing and when I removed the goggles I saw that I was a foot away from the line! It really demonstrated well how alcohol can confuse your senses.” Central F.C. is planning other events in their road safety project and are finalising funding from sponsors.

“We want to produce three TV adverts to promote various forms of road safety” said Sancho. “We pretty much have to costs of the adverts covered but we will appeal to various companies to purchase advertising slots on TV and movie theatres. We are also looking for a sponsor to cover the costs of printing 5,000 bumper stickers which we’d like to sell for $5 each with profit to used for Central F.C.’s youth programme.”

Meanwhile, The Sharks are finalising their community programmes for the season. “As well as repeating some of our events such as “Treat Her Like A Lady”, our Christmas parcels distribution and arranging for children and senior citizens to attend matches, we’ll also have some exciting, unique community events, which will ensure that Central F.C. will again lead the way in Caribbean sport community programmes.”

“I believe that all companies and sports organisations should invite Arrive Alive to talk to their employees and especially their drivers. These presentations will help Arrive Alive spread their messages and continue their excellent work. I am certain that this will help to make our roads safer for everyone” said Sancho

Arrive Alive can be contacted on 868-675-5483.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 01:35:23 PM by Flex »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 02, 2013, 08:38:37 PM »
Fenwick will use Battery power to win trophies for Sharks.
Central F.C. Release.

Central F.C. Head Coach and Technical Director, Terry Fenwick made four additional signings on transfer deadline day to finalise the squad that will hunt for trophies in the 2013/14 Pro League season.

The surprise signing was defender Elton John from North East Stars. “To be honest, although I’ve always admired Elton’s play since he was with me at Jabloteh as a youngster, it wasn’t until the morning of transfer deadline day that I realised he was available.” said Fenwick.

“Our midfielder Jason Marcano, mentioned Elton was looking for a new club and I immediately contacted him to sign with us.”

Another Pro League defender Akeem Benjamin joined The Sharks from W.Connection. Benjamin, better known as Battery, is viewed by Fenwick as a key component in his defensive line up.

“We have methodically selected our new editions for specific purposes. I am very excited about the new Pro League season. We have composed a very capable squad and I can’t wait to see them begin the 2013/14 campaign.”

Aside from John and Benjamin, Central F.C. also added striker Keon Trim and Jamaican midfielder Toric Robinson to their roster.

“Trimmy is a hard working forward and I’ve known him a while, so I know exactly what he’ll bring to the team” said Fenwick. “I’ve also heard some positive views about Toric. I’ve seen several videos of his performances in the USL for Dayton Dutch Lions and I saw him play for Antigua Barracudas against us earlier this year.”

“We’ve had several overseas players on trial during pre season including Brazilians, but we will always opt for local lads unless a foreign boy can bring something really different to the club. Toric can play a decent ball, but he also closes down continuously and his work rate is impressive.”

29 year old Keon Trim, who hails from Laventille, played under Fenwick at Jabloteh before moving to St Ann’s Rangers and also performed coaching roles at Fenwick’s Football Factory coaching school.

26 year old Elton John, who lives in San Juan, will be joining his brother, T&T international Jason Marcano at the California based club. Marcano, who has his sights set firmly on winning a regular place in the national team, is looking forward to linking up on the field with his brother. “Of course, we’ve played football together since we were children, but it will be great to play together for Central”

Jamaican, Toric Robinson said that he was so impressed with Central F.C. before he even arrived in Trinidad that he had no doubts that this was the right move to make.

“Just the way the club dealt with my transfer gave me huge confidence” said the 27 year old midfielder. “I’ve played for several clubs, but Central is definitely the most professional. They sent me lots of info about the club including videos and links to their facebook page.

I even received an email from the Managing Director, Brent Sancho saying that he was looking forward to seeing me play for the club. These details make a huge difference and it’s made me even more committed to helping The Sharks win trophies.”

Robinson, who now lives in New Jersey, USA, said his favourite food is callaloo and dumplings and he can’t wait to try the Trini version. “People will say that Jamaican food and Trini food is different, but once you live overseas in places like USA, you can’t wait to eat proper Caribbean cooking again. I don’t think I’ll be going hungry in Trinidad!”

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 01:56:36 AM by Flex »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 02, 2013, 10:22:19 PM »
Nice story. Keep up the professionalism Sancho.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 11, 2013, 05:22:03 AM »
HERE IT IS!!!!!

Volume One of Central F.C.'s online fanzine, The Shark

http://issuu.com/central.fc/docs/the_shark-_volume_1

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: September 11, 2013, 05:34:52 AM »
Well done! :applause:
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 11, 2013, 05:36:23 AM »
Congratulations! this is fantastic! Keep it up.

aye look Bally family starring out  ;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 11, 2013, 06:20:42 AM »
Great work papie..

2 thing missing.

1. More photos and better quality.

2. The fixtures, at least some of it so people can set they caldender.

But I know that will be corrected because allyuh men have allyuh head on.

You should also try and do something with SWO.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 11, 2013, 07:08:59 AM »
Great work papie..

2 thing missing.

WE only got the fixtures yesterday! We thought we were playing Police on Friday, but now found out it's Army!!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 11, 2013, 07:29:25 AM »
Congrats, job well done! Looking forward to the next issue and buying a T-shirt and merchandise  :beermug:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 11, 2013, 07:36:36 AM »
Great work papie..

2 thing missing.

WE only got the fixtures yesterday! We thought we were playing Police on Friday, but now found out it's Army!!

FS, can you post the first 5 fixtures for Central with dates and venue please and thanks  :beermug:

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 11, 2013, 07:38:50 AM »
Good stuff FS and Central FC!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 11, 2013, 10:55:33 AM »
Well done...1 thing..Wiki says this is your web page
http://www.centraltt.com/     :o

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #383 on: September 11, 2013, 11:48:01 AM »
Great work guys.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 11, 2013, 08:06:39 PM »
HERE IT IS!!!!!

Volume One of Central F.C.'s online fanzine, The Shark

http://issuu.com/central.fc/docs/the_shark-_volume_1

1, Very very encouraging magazine and must congratulate Sancho, Football Supporter and crew.
2. Not yet near it's full potential but it's a damn good start & surpasses expectations of the public. Whenever you surpass, that's a big win.
3. Classy business advertisements (and not just one), putting peer pressure on others to join the bandwagon and not get left behind.
4. Pictures finally made these players REAL people for some fan to identify with & no longer some faceless laborer on a 3rd rate plantation.
5. The players will now gradually begin to feel the pressure of marketing, next conscious of how well they pose and present themselves.
6. The effort that was clearly made in the careful design of the magazine suggests to the reader that this club is serious. Talk is cheap and this magazine display clearly eh just talk.
7. Potentially slam-dunk successful components of the magazine are the articles that can get into the topics of sports medicine, interesting or inspiring personal journeys of the footballers and a whole array of topics linked to the football industry.
8. The quality of the photography can improve some, with attention to background and detail of initial framing and cropping if need cheap editing. Little things like revealing give-away peeks of the chair that the back-row footballers are standing on, have to be prevented.  I know this sounds harsh to FS as this work was done I'm sure with shoe string budget resources but it will be better next time. More importantly first, praises for breaking the ice and getting the job done.
9. The picture of the stadium with SHARKS name on the seats is powerful propaganda especially for international networking and plays into the narrative of a T&T club with some apparent pedigree doing business with a football team anywhere in the world for transfers, trials & sport tourism visits.
10. Hopefully distribution will grow from strength to strength even if embryonic on day 1
11. All in all, just proud of Central FC. Congrats. Your move NE stars, Caledonia, DF, Rangers and the rest of the Pro League
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 12, 2013, 06:35:07 PM »
Central F.C. met the California community on Tuesday night and signed these photos as well as gave out key rings etc.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=593172214059921&set=pcb.514526605308685&type=1&theater

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 12, 2013, 11:27:20 PM »
Very good stuff from Central FC, they are now setting the standard in marketing themselves that the other Pro Legue Clubs need to emulate.  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #387 on: September 13, 2013, 01:58:00 AM »
SIS now the main sponsors at Central FC.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Super Industrial Services Limited has again made a significant contribution to sports in this country by becoming the major sponsors of Central FC in the T&T Pro League.

This was revealed by CEO of Central FC, Brent Sancho yesterday. According to the former Soca Warriors defender: “We are extremely happy that SIS has decided to become our major sponsors. We have gotten assistance from them in the past but now they have that confidence in us to invest more into our club.”

Sancho, one of the brightest young footballing entrepreneurs in this country said the focus with this bigger sponsorship will be the youths. “We are in this for the development of football and people and now we are in a better position to help the youths with more and better development programmes.

“We have to consider ourselves very lucky to land a sponsor in this current financial climate. It is difficult to get sponsorships for national teams let alone a pro-league club.”

Daren Mohamdally the operations manager at SIS who has taken a major interest in developing sports through financial assistance from his company said :”We are very happy with what Central FC has to offer and it is a given that we continue our association with these guys and now we have made an even bigger investment to the club.

“We are extremely happy with the work that Central FC has done on and off the field and we want to continue to be a part of that. SIS has partnered with the club in the past in assisting the community, which we are very big into and this can now get even bigger.

“We at SIS are proud to be associated with a bright spark in Central FC and we want to urge other sponsors to come on board and assist the sporting clubs in this country.

“We have seen the benefits of investing in sports and to have an excellent vehicle like Central FC is a plus for us. We would like to wish them all the best in the Pro league and also with their community work.”

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 13, 2013, 07:28:08 AM »
Keep it up Central. Difficult environment to be professional 

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 13, 2013, 09:37:11 AM »
Good Luck today Sharks !