April 23, 2024, 06:24:22 PM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 172182 times)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: The Sharks: Central FC Thread
« Reply #420 on: November 22, 2013, 09:49:26 PM »
Great read. Keep up the good work
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 25, 2013, 11:06:26 AM »
Mods....merge if necessary

Took my son to Central FC's youth try outs this past Sunday. Though it was scheduled to start at 9am, when we got there the pro team was winding down their session. I thought it was good that the younger ones (who got there on time) got an opportunity to see the seniors train.

Was a large turnout imo, maybe about 50 players or so, with the majority being u18s. First thing that struck me was that Central appeared very well organized. A couple tents for player registration and shelter from the sun, which soon enough became rain, bibs for the kids and a numbering system which would no doubt have made player identification a bit easier.

I also took note of the presence, and when I say presence I mean for the entire session, of the clubs hierarchy. Sancho, Harrison etc were all there looking on. I found that to be particularly impressive. It meant to me that Central really has an eye on sustainability and longevity. Central is clearly sponsored by SIS...lol. The tent was branded, poles had company logos. I thought it was great advertisement. Can't see why more local companies don't get on board....Central does a great job of giving their sponsor prominence.

Earlier this year I visited both Melwood and Carrington and whilst the coaches and managers were present, didn't see any club owners or chairmen.....didn't expect to anyway. But it was nice touch to see Sancho et al there.

Great to see was the senior players at Central being given youth coaching responsibilities....Marc Leslie, Keon Trim even Jan Michael Williams were active in the try outs. Leslie and Trim moreso. Bear in mind that these guys trained in the hot sun immediately before the tryouts began. Good stuff. A few other senior players also stayed on and had a look at the tryouts, offering their comments to those of us in the pavilion. Central seems to be a tight knit bunch....good camaraderie all around. Was also good to see Terry Fenwick stay on as well and be active in the tryouts.

I was very impressed with my first close up with Central FC and look forward to seeing them do great things in the coming years.

Oh....Marvin Oliver might be 38, but I would sign him for 2 more years.....skinny as hell.....but a true player.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 25, 2013, 11:58:02 AM »
Glad to hear there are some clubs with a professional but still community focus :) FS all I'm hearing is positive from Central so you're definitely doing something good over there!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 25, 2013, 12:37:29 PM »
That is one of the most positive kudos I have ever read about any local club.. I await an pray,trim son get thru. Don't want it to change   :devil:

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 01, 2013, 06:18:54 AM »
Central F.C. will begin their 2013 Christmas parcel collection on Saturday at the California Supermarket, Southern Main Road California. The Pro League football club, who are based in California, Couva not only collected enough food last year to deliver over a dozen hampers, but also made presentations to Couva Children’s Home and Couva Home for the Elderly. “Last year was a step into the unknown for us” said Operations Director, Kevin Harrison. “But even so, we were pleased with our efforts and we were pleased that we could spread some Christmas joy to people in our community.”
More.......  http://www.centralfctt.com/Articles/sharks-begin-christmas-parcel.php

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 01, 2013, 02:38:37 PM »
It's all about the family in THE SHARK volume 3 (Central FC's online monthly fanzine) ---> http://issuu.com/central.fc/docs/the_shark-_volume_3

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 07, 2013, 09:57:16 PM »
It's all about the family in THE SHARK volume 3 (Central FC's online monthly fanzine) ---> http://issuu.com/central.fc/docs/the_shark-_volume_3

Does anyone have any ideas of what they may want to see featured in future editions of the magazine?

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 07, 2013, 10:22:26 PM »
A few stories about the players that may give fans a true sense of where they came from and the struggles or successes they have encountered this far.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 08, 2013, 05:25:53 AM »
Breakdown of the team and the players - strengths, weaknesses, positions, etc

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 08, 2013, 06:33:20 PM »
Thanks for the advice. We will definitely be working on it. You could also find some info on our website. We will be upgrading it gradually.

http://centralfctt.com/team/stats.php (League table to be updated)

http://centralfctt.com/team/firstteam.php

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 09, 2013, 03:38:31 AM »
Yea definitely checked out the team listings in the past, but "defender" and "midfielder" doesn't tell me much :( Also there's no reserves or youth listings. The site looks good tho :)

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 09, 2013, 08:38:30 AM »
Yea definitely checked out the team listings in the past, but "defender" and "midfielder" doesn't tell me much :( Also there's no reserves or youth listings. The site looks good tho :)

Well we are currently in the process of the reserve and youth team trials so you wouldn't see anything until Feb. or so. We will work on trying to get you more details for players, via the magazine from the new year.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 09, 2013, 08:47:36 AM »
Yey thanks :) What you often see in the programmes for games over here are interviews with the chairman and manager, and the opposition's coach before matches and a brief summary of the opposition team. I don't know what sort of restrictions and budget you have, but that'd be cool (we pay £3 for our programmes every match here!)

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 09, 2013, 08:59:58 AM »
I don't want to blight it but we have some similar stuff in the pipeline. Nonexistent budget as usual but things will happen

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 09, 2013, 10:39:34 AM »
Yey thanks :) What you often see in the programmes for games over here are interviews with the chairman and manager, and the opposition's coach before matches and a brief summary of the opposition team. I don't know what sort of restrictions and budget you have, but that'd be cool (we pay £3 for our programmes every match here!)

We have been distributing an 8 page basic print programme since last year. We do these for all home games, some "away" games and a few cup games. Very basic, but gives our squad list, some articles and a bit of fun as well. It costs us nothing more than paper and ink and around 4 hours in time. I expected to see other clubs follow suit, but nobody has bothered!

While we struggle to persuade fans to pay TT$30 to watch two Pro League games, I doubt we could even charge TT$3 for a programme!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 09, 2013, 04:47:25 PM »

We have been distributing an 8 page basic print programme since last year. We do these for all home games, some "away" games and a few cup games. Very basic, but gives our squad list, some articles and a bit of fun as well. It costs us nothing more than paper and ink and around 4 hours in time. I expected to see other clubs follow suit, but nobody has bothered!

While we struggle to persuade fans to pay TT$30 to watch two Pro League games, I doubt we could even charge TT$3 for a programme!

Hah yea I feared as much! If you bundled a free beer you could sell it for $11 :p

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 10, 2013, 11:05:48 AM »
CENTRAL MEDIA:

Team News: Midfielder Julio Noel recently returned from a loan spell at Malabar FC. We will be facing Malabar in the semi finals of the FA Trophy tomorrow and Noel provided an insight into his former team.

CENTRAL MEDIA: Do you think Malabar has the belief in their squad that they can beat us?
NOEL: Possibly but not really. They depend on certain players but they don't have full confidence in the whole team.

CENTRAL MEDIA: Who are the players that we should look out for?
NOEL: Tinto, Highley "showtime" and Glen. But Terry should know Tinto and Glen's style of play already.

CENTRAL MEDIA: Are you predicting a big Central win or would it be a bit more work than that?
NOEL: Once we don't drop to their standard it should be easy. But we still need to be professional and put in the work.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 14, 2013, 06:25:28 PM »
http://newsday.co.tt/sport/0,187936.html

Central F.C. Christmas parcels collection gained momentum on Saturday when they collected food items outside of the JTA Supermarket, Couva. Players and staff were on hand to sign autographs while shoppers donated tinned food and non perishable items.

“Once again, JTA’s loyal customers came through for us and generously donated tins galore.” said Central F.C. Operations Director, Kevin Harrison. “It’s heartening to see the charitable side of people and even the staff purchased items to donate.”

The collection was further boosted by a donation of cases of food by Happi Foods and hampers from ADM Ltd who own the Rainbow brand.  Happi Foods Sales Supervisor, Hema  Sankar dropped into the Central F.C. office to deliver the items. “Happi Foods heard about Central F.C.s efforts and wanted to assist. It’s really nice to see the players and staff working hard to help their community, and Happi Foods were delighted to contribute.”

Meanwhile, beautifully packaged hampers from Rainbow products were delivered by ADM.  “This is a great initiative by Central F.C. and we are very pleased to support their hard work. Community initiatives such as these bring people together and helps to ensure that those who are less fortunate can share a little joy during the holidays” said Sabena Ali, who is an ADM marketing manager.

Harrison also stated that Hi-Lo supermarkets have donated vouchers so that the club can purchase essential perishable items such as milk.

“We are so grateful that big companies have stepped up to help. We are also aware that some other companies are planning to donate, which is great.” Harrison explained that the donations will be boxed into hampers and donated to less fortunate people in the Central community. “We hope to be able to create at least 15 hampers. We will also be donating items to the socawarriors.net food donation which this year will benefit Operation Salvation  from the Laventille/Morvant area, who will in turn distribute it to children in the Trauma Support Group.”

Another busy week for The Sharks saw them win their F.A. Trophy semi final match on Wednesday against Malabar F.C. They will now face local rivals, W.Connection in the final of the prestigious tournament on Wednesday 18th at Ato Boldon Stadium.

“After all of our hard work trying to give our community a happy Christmas, I’m just hoping the players can do the same for our supporters by lifting the trophy next Wednesday.” Said Harrison

W.Connection play Central F.C. at Ato Boldon Stadium in the F.A. Trophy on Wednesday 18th December. Kick off time to be confirmed.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 10:21:10 AM by Football supporter »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 14, 2013, 09:04:35 PM »
:applause:  :applause:

Well done.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 14, 2013, 09:33:21 PM »
Central FC will be arranging for a special batch of supporter t-shirts to be printed in time for the FA Trophy finals (18/12/2013). We will only be printing specific individual orders though so please indicate if you are interested no later than 9 am on Monday 16th December.

T-shirts are $100 and may be collected at the following locations on Tuesday 17th and Wednesday 18th December:

- Central FC office - 53 West Boundary Street, California, Couva - 6795060 (9am-4pm)
- Port of Spain and environs

See t-shirt here http://issuu.com/central.fc/docs/the_shark-_volume_3. Email marketing.centralfc@gmail.com to place orders. Unfortunately only locally based orders can be facilitated at this time.

Couva Sharks vs Savonetta Boys.....Let's Go Sharks!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 11:23:44 AM by Football supporter »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 17, 2013, 11:33:09 PM »
Mickey Rooney?

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 18, 2013, 04:35:53 AM »
LOL

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #443 on: December 18, 2013, 10:33:01 AM »
Riddle me this.

What is the beginning of eternity, the end of time and space, the beginning of every end and the end of every race? 

Holy shit Batman.

No, Robin, that is not the answer.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 18, 2013, 03:52:11 PM »

Dear All,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all the psychological , physical, inspirational, financial and conversational support you so kindly given CFC through out the year. I would also like to wish you a tremendous festive season on behalf of all management, staff and players of Central FC. Although  we are mere hours away from our FA Cup Finals clash at the Ato Boldon, I just wanted to share with you(click the link below) the great joy we received in distributing well over 1000 toys to the kids in our community. We hope the Christmas joy continues to spread over our great nation and we look forward to your continuous support you have given us through out the year

Season Greetings....
From the SHARKS

p.s please click our link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FFN0UrsC5U&feature=em-upload_owner#action=share

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 18, 2013, 04:05:31 PM »

Dear All,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all the psychological , physical, inspirational, financial and conversational support you so kindly given CFC through out the year. I would also like to wish you a tremendous festive season on behalf of all management, staff and players of Central FC. Although  we are mere hours away from our FA Cup Finals clash at the Ato Boldon, I just wanted to share with you(click the link below) the great joy we received in distributing well over 1000 toys to the kids in our community. We hope the Christmas joy continues to spread over our great nation and we look forward to your continuous support you have given us through out the year

Season Greetings....
From the SHARKS

p.s please click our link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FFN0UrsC5U&feature=em-upload_owner#action=share

Great stuff!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 18, 2013, 04:49:36 PM »
Unfortunately the link is blocked for me. Fine job anyway CFC?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 18, 2013, 05:59:03 PM »
Very nice, FS. Congrats!!!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 18, 2013, 07:43:38 PM »
congrats to Central for bringing some cheer....... always good to see kids smiling

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #449 on: December 18, 2013, 08:54:58 PM »
Hey man, putting all jokes and riddle aside. Great job with the support and the love the Central otganization is giving to the people's of that community. Keep up the great work. You are a shinning light of what greatness is all about and how endless the possibilities can be.

P.S. Fenwick f#@king up.

One.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

1]; } ?>