April 19, 2024, 10:42:59 AM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 171858 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Sharks: Central FC Thread
« Reply #510 on: January 20, 2014, 04:02:37 AM »
Deeks is right - but Panamanians don't have alternative time-sinks like fete-mad Trinis, it's sad when I hear reports of good T&T players who'd rather lime than take their career seriously.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 20, 2014, 06:50:30 AM »
Deeks is right - but Panamanians don't have alternative time-sinks like fete-mad Trinis, it's sad when I hear reports of good T&T players who'd rather lime than take their career seriously.

Which could be why Panama are around 36 on FIFA rankings while T&T is in the 70's. I don't understand why club teams are supposed to dominate teams from nations who our national team can't dominate?

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #512 on: January 22, 2014, 12:19:01 PM »

Which could be why Panama are around 36 on FIFA rankings while T&T is in the 70's. I don't understand why club teams are supposed to dominate teams from nations who our national team can't dominate?

FS, you are an intelligent fella, but you seem to have this self-defeatist kind of attitude and that is uncivilized, as Charles Barkeley would say. Here is why I say this.

A few threads ago you mentioned to me that WConnection is the run away train in the league and that nobody is going to catch them, well, this is what Angus Eve had to say about that recently “We want to finish in the Concacaf Champions League spots (this season),” said Eve who is presently in his second season as head coach of the Stars.

“It’s early days in the league,” added Eve who finished the Stars in a creditable fourth position last season and won the 2012 Toyota Classic.

There is still time for teams to catch W Connection. I think the stop-start in the season doesn’t help. But I think the mini pre-season that we just had during the Christmas break has helped in strengthening our squad and also to strengthen some of the areas we were a little bit weak in.”

I also metioned the fact that Fenwick and Central FC couldn't beat Police and Caledonia and you stated that Police was playing well, yet, Eve was able to beat Caledonia and Police was assaulted in the first degree by Point, badly.

This is what Eve had to say about the CCL, “We want to finish in the Concacaf Champions League spots (this season), I want a taste of that tournament” said Eve who is presently in his second season as head coach of the Stars. By beating teams they are suppose to beat they seem to be moving in the right direction. See the standings. It would be interesting to see the level of his coaching skills and his team's performance in the CCL. Ironically, when I mentioned the CCL to you, you said I was looking ahead or the CCL was too far ahead, or words to that effect. Really?

To help me understand if it was possible for a club team to dominate nations that it's country's national team couldn't dominate, I decided to do a liitle research to see if that has happened before and this is what I found.

Al Ahly SC:

Al Ahly is the most successful club of the 20th century in the African continent according to CAF, closely followed by their rivals Zamalek SC.
As of 2013 Al Ahly is currently the third most successful club in terms of international titles won (17), behind Boca Juniors and A.C. Milan (18). Al Ahly was the first club to reach the FIFA Club World Cup twice following two consecutive appearances in 2005 and 2006 then in 2012 and 2013 winning the Bronze Medal in 2006, becoming the first African club to win a medal in the competition. After qualifying for the 2013 edition, Al Ahly became the team with the most appearances in the FIFA Club World Cup, having qualified for 5 times out of 10 competitions.
FIFA Ranking for African National Teams. This may have changed recently but the fact is Egypt is not in the top ten of African nations to make it to the World Cup.I think Cameroon holds the distinction of making it to the World Cup more than any other African nation. Egypt has only been there twice. How can that be? They clearly don"t dominate, by all accounts they have trouble getting there because of the other teams. Yet, Al Ahly as a club team dominates CAF. Really, bro?

1   Côte d'Ivoire   
2   Ghana   
3   Algeria   
4   Zambia   
5   Mali   
6   Gabon   
7   Libya   
8   Tunisia   
9   Nigeria   
10   South Africa   
11   Morocco   
12   Cape Verde Islands   
13   Egypt   
14   Guinea   
15   Cameroon   

And yes Deeks, resources and fan support or the lack thereof, play an important role, and yes the owners should be commended for sustaining, and yes, I would agree that WConnection is the closest thing to resembling a professional team but I don't understand why that club team is not supposed to dominate teams from nations who our national team can't dominate. Clearly, David Williams and WConnection have more resources than most teams, if not all the teams, in Trinidad and Tobago.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:30:44 PM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 22, 2014, 12:38:21 PM »
Where to start...

Al-Ahly has tremendous crowd support in a 74 thousand seater stadium. It is frequently listed as one of Africa's richest/most successful clubs. The most successful nations in Africa frequently have players playing in European leagues, something Egypt has a disadvantage in (as it doesn't share a language with any, and have no ex-colonial links that it can exploit (despite previous UK rule). Thus, the majority of the Egyptian national team comes from Egypt, which limits development of the national team (in fact, typically a large proportion of the national team comes from Al-Ahly). Egypt has had a competitive league on par with the highest in Africa for decades, and benefits from being the main sport in the country.

In contrast, Trinidadian football has very low attendances, meaning few opportunities for profit. It's largest stadiums are below 30,000, which it never fills. It's top flight league has been decimated by corruption from Jack Warner's stint in control, and government funding remains the main (and unreliable) source of funds outside the generosity of Chairmen and owners. The National team chooses from players across the world.

The two cases are completely dissimilar.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 22, 2014, 12:47:22 PM »
Well, KD, you make some good points.

First, I am not Head Coach and therefore, I have a different perspective. If Terry made the same comments that I made, I would be most disappointed. His aim should always be to win every game available.

Angus Eve's opinions belong to him and he has every right to share them. I'm glad he's aiming for second spot....so are we....as stated many times.

You didn't mention that Central F.C. are the ONLY team this season to beat W.Connection!

The info about Al-Ahly is the exception that proves the rule. I will state, here and now, that if Central F.C. are given a 60,000 plus stadium, plus 59,700 overseas supporters to add to the 300 Trinis, plus $TT200 million per year, we will qualify 5 times out of 10 for the World Club Championships.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 22, 2014, 12:51:40 PM »

You're based in Panama I suppose  ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 22, 2014, 01:20:34 PM »

lol true I could be wrong - they have a slightly higher per capita consumption of alcohol

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #517 on: January 22, 2014, 01:53:55 PM »

First, I am not Head Coach and therefore, I have a different perspective. If Terry made the same comments that I made, I would be most disappointed. His aim should always be to win every game available.

Angus Eve's opinions belong to him and he has every right to share them. I'm glad he's aiming for second spot....so are we....as stated many times.

You didn't mention that Central F.C. are the ONLY team this season to beat W.Connection!

The info about Al-Ahly is the exception that proves the rule. I will state, here and now, that if Central F.C. are given a 60,000 plus stadium, plus 59,700 overseas supporters to add to the 300 Trinis, plus $TT200 million per year, we will qualify 5 times out of 10 for the World Club Championships.
All you need is 300 Spartans together with your 300 Trinis and you may not need 59,000 overseas supporters and a 60,000-seat stadium. What you need is Central FC to forget that you are the only club to defeat WConnection so far and move on. How does that one win against them count in the standings? It doesn't.

If it seems to you that I am picking on Central? Yes, I am, because I expect more from a Fenwick coached team than what they are dishing out right now. It's obvious to everyone you are not the coach but you are an official of the club. No? If that is the case, then what you say is very important, much more important than what the coach has to say, you have to be that forward looking, forward thinking individual together with Sancho and the administration that defines and distinguishes Central FC, and that is what's disappointing to me. If this, if that, doesn't guarantee you 5 out of 10 appearances in the Club World Cup.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 22, 2014, 04:12:38 PM »

lol true I could be wrong - they have a slightly higher per capita consumption of alcohol

No, I am based in DC and I mingle with the Panamanians on lots of occasions. I have played with a Panamanian team also. These are mostly WestIndian Canaleros. My good friend Jorge, whose grandmother is from JA, related to me that the business people have put a lot of money into football. Yes baseball is their numero uno. But footie and basketball are right up there. The team called Arabe is support by , you guess who, Middle Eastern Panamanians. They may get 5000 to 6000 for games I am told. But they have pumped a lot of money into their men's program. That is why they made the Hex on a number of occasions. They were unfortunate not to make the WC last year. They have  been in the GC final  and semi final. The best TT has done is a 1/4 final.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 22, 2014, 04:21:41 PM »
but Panamanians don't have alternative time-sinks like fete-mad Trinis

Breds, that not true. Panamanians like all Latinos does work hard and party hard. For everyone WI club in DC, there are 6 latino clubs. We are not the only feters in town. What surprises people about Trini, is how this tiny lil country has some much influence on all these carnivals in the various cities.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 22, 2014, 04:33:40 PM »
I never meet nobody who could lime and fete like a trini.

We does overdo.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 22, 2014, 04:55:02 PM »
Happy to be corrected :)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 22, 2014, 06:04:31 PM »

No, I am based in DC and I mingle with the Panamanians on lots of occasions. I have played with a Panamanian team also. These are mostly WestIndian Canaleros. My good friend Jorge, whose grandmother is from JA, related to me that the business people have put a lot of money into football. Yes baseball is their numero uno. But footie and basketball are right up there. The team called Arabe is support by , you guess who, Middle Eastern Panamanians. They may get 5000 to 6000 for games I am told. But they have pumped a lot of money into their men's program. That is why they made the Hex on a number of occasions. They were unfortunate not to make the WC last year. They have  been in the GC final  and semi final. The best TT has done is a 1/4 final.

Arabe Unido. They've been decent stewards of the game without too many problems. Have been around players involved with them. They could even get a funnel of first-generation players from the US if they wanted to tap that "market".

(Lil side note related to Arab owned clubs in the Americas: Palestino in Chile was recently fined for a reportedly provocative symbol. Hmmmm. $1300 USD paid and talk done.

http://www.albawaba.com/editorchoice/chile-palestino-israel-548760

Palestino is a club that Pellegrini cut his teeth at before ketching a break abroad.)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 23, 2014, 08:25:07 AM »

All you need is 300 Spartans together with your 300 Trinis and you may not need 59,000 overseas supporters and a 60,000-seat stadium. What you need is Central FC to forget that you are the only club to defeat WConnection so far and move on. How does that one win against them count in the standings? It doesn't.

If it seems to you that I am picking on Central? Yes, I am, because I expect more from a Fenwick coached team than what they are dishing out right now. It's obvious to everyone you are not the coach but you are an official of the club. No? If that is the case, then what you say is very important, much more important than what the coach has to say, you have to be that forward looking, forward thinking individual together with Sancho and the administration that defines and distinguishes Central FC, and that is what's disappointing to me. If this, if that, doesn't guarantee you 5 out of 10 appearances in the Club World Cup.

The reason I mentioned Connection is to add balance to your comment about not beating Police or Caledonia. You are correct, beating Connection in the cup does not win a league. Losing to Police does not lose a league. Every team will have good and bad results. The key is to have far more good than bad. We're playing ok lately but failing to hang on to leads, so we end up with a draw. Not good. But if this is our bad spell, then draws are better than losses. We've lost two League games so far. That's fewer than any other team except Connection. Fewer than North East and Caledonia.

We have a well documented 5 year plan. We're in year two in which we originally aimed to solidify, build our brand and win a minimum of one cup. Much of our designated targets are based on budget and manpower. We have no string of youth teams to select from. But to compete regularly we need a conveyor belt of youths coming through. That youth policy is still being developed and is essential to achieving our goal in year 5 - to be recognised as the top footballing brand in the Caribbean. Not necessarily winning everything, but competing and producing a consistent string of national team players and foreign exports to top leagues. I don't think any other club is thinking as far forward as Central.

We achieved the cup win early and decided to aim for a top two finish. But I'm not into this bragging contest. That's for the coaches. We are what we are and we know what we want. Anyone can shout out that "we're gonna win the league" Good. Let them.

Meanwhile, we do what we do. We win off the field every week. Nobody can touch us. We work harder than any other club and we start each month with less money than our competitors.

what you say is very important, much more important than what the coach has to say, this is the most important statement you made. You just didn't realise what your point was. Coaches speak to the fans about performance on the pitch. That's their job and every fan expects their coach to get his team to win...even if it's Accrington Stanley vs Man Utd. But my role is to speak realistically to sponsors. If I say every week that we're going to win 6-0 and we lose, that potential sponsor will believe I'm full of BS (which I probably am!) Therefore, my public views have to be S.M.A.R.T.  (Specific, measurable, achievable,relevant and time bound) while still being positive.

As for self defeatist etc, clearly you haven't seen me at games. Once that game kicks off, I'm a supporter through and through. I am a realist. I believe I know what's achievable at any given time. As I said, plenty people can BS. I try to give an honest perspective.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 23, 2014, 09:39:35 AM »
Difficult visit to Point Fortin for Central

Central F.C. Media Release

Central F.C. face a difficult visit to Mahaica Oval on Saturday when they take on Point Fortin in the TT Pro League. Aside from battling against a Point Fortin team who have recently recovered their match winning form, in front of their passionate home fans, the trip will be a sombre reminder of the funeral of Akeem Adams, which took place at the Oval last Friday.
“It was a very emotional day” said Central Managing Director Brent Sancho. “I think the players were surprised just how drained they felt after the service”

The entire Central F.C. squad and staff attended the service as a mark of respect for the club’s former defender.
“It was the right thing to do” said Sancho who, like Adams, wore the No 5 jersey for Trinidad & Tobago. “Aside from thoughts of Akeem, I couldn’t help thinking of other Soca Warriors taken at a young age such as Marvin Lee and my team mate, Mickey Trotman”

Point Fortin appear to be finding the form that set the Pro League alight at the beginning of the season. With a 5-0 trouncing of Police F.C. last weekend and a 3-0 drubbing of St Ann’s Rangers on Tuesday, the red & yellow striped newcomers appear poised to wreak havoc upon the Pro League once again.

“When we played Point in the league earlier in the season, they were unbeaten. Fortunately, Central won the game 3-0, but bizarrely, both teams then took a dip in form.” said Sancho. “Point have added to their roster and we’ve made several great signings, so the game will be very interesting.”

New signings Leston Paul, Yohance Marshall and Willis Plaza will all be available to make their debuts in Saturday’s game and all three players have a point to prove. Both Marshall and Paul have never played in the Pro League despite representing their country. T&T international, Marshall previously played in USA with clubs such as L.A.Galaxy, and in the Far East, while U17 & U20 T&T world cup midfielder, Paul, has plied his trade in the Super League with Guaya United.

For Plaza, it’s a return to Pro League football after a spell in Vietnam. The 26 year old T&T international first made his name as a striker for San Juan Jabloteh.

Meanwhile, Head Coach, Terry Fenwick has added another new face to his squad with the signing of 21 year old Samuel Delice. The former Defence Force player committed to The Sharks this week and is expected to take up more defensive duties than he performed with the army.

“Sammy is a big lad but he’s good with the ball at his feet.” said Fenwick “Although he played more as a forward with the army, I feel his best position may be elsewhere. Wherever I look on the field now, I have selection decisions to make.  We have depth of quality and every position is up for grabs. The competitive edge in training has been superb and now we need to bring that combativeness to the field.”

“Our biggest problem recently has been hanging on to the lead. We usually score first and dominate the game, but let the opposition creep back in. That has to stop.” said Sancho “It will be a hard game in Point. Although the Point Fortin supporters showed us a lot of respect at the funeral, I’m certain that they won’t be so welcoming on Saturday!”

Central F.C. vs Point Fortin kicks off at 3.30pm on Saturday 25th January at Mahaica Oval.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: January 26, 2014, 10:21:43 PM »

Central grab de Silva

Central F.C. Media Release

“The final piece of the jigsaw” is how Central F.C. Head Coach, Terry Fenwick described the signing of T&T international, Sean de Silva on transfer deadline day.

In a busy transfer window for The Sharks, Fenwick, remarkably, has signed 4 T&T senior internationals and one U17 & U20 international all from outside of the Pro League.
“It’s all about quality” said the English coach. “There are lot of talented Trinis out there, but some people prefer to sign cheaper foreign imports. We have spent a lot of time and energy chasing down those talented local boys who have slipped off the T&T football radar.”

Central’s Operations Director, Kevin Harrison said “We sat down one day and said “what happened to all of our youngsters who played in two world cups?”.We knew that many of them had moved overseas, but they were no longer impacting on the national teams.”

Harrison said that he, Fenwick and Managing Director, Brent Sancho, devised a project to bring back T&T players to the Pro League.
“Of course, money was an issue” said Sancho. “We don’t have a huge budget so we can’t compete with salaries paid in the MLS. But we explained to players that sometimes you need to step sideways to move forward”

“Brent showed these guys that a move back to the Pro League would allow National Coach, Stephen Hart, a chance to see players on a regular basis” said Harrison. “Videos are ok, but a coach wants to familiarise himself with all aspects of a players game. Crucially, the cameras follow the ball, while the coach wants to see what the player is doing when he’s not in possession. Players will usually touch the ball for less than 60 seconds in a game and this will be covered by the cameras. A coach wants to see what the player does for the other 89 minutes.”

24 year old de Silva is a product of the Dion La Foucade coaching school, and represented St Ann’s Rangers at youth level. De Silva made two appearances for the National U17 team before he moved to the U.S.A. to attend Charleston College, where he played for the Cougars. The midfielder then represented T&T at U20 & U23 levels as well as playing twice for the senior team.

After finishing college, de Silva joined NASL club, Minnesota United. “I felt this was the right time for me to come back home and make my Pro League debut” said de Silva. “I’m focused on gaining more national appearances and I need to remind Coach Hart of what I can bring to the table.” De Silva added that he was excited by the quality of players in the squad and is looking forward to teaming up with Leston Paul.

“Leston is a superb player. I’d like to think that he and I could build a partnership that can carry over to the National team. We are both young enough for the next two World Cup campaigns and I know that Coach Hart is looking ahead to Russia 2018 and Dubai 2022.”

Fenwick, meanwhile, is positively aglow. “This is an amazingly talented group of players that we have assembled. Everywhere I look is quality, and now my selection problems will all be good ones!” The former Tottenham and England defender feels that more clubs should follow the Central F.C. lead.

“We don’t receive government funding, yet we’re aggressively recruiting T&T players of international standard to assist the national team. Every other team receives taxpayer’s dollars, yet they don’t carry out anything like the number of community projects that we do. And how many teams can boast that they regularly field a team totally comprised of local players? The stronger the national team becomes, the stronger our league will become. I’d love to bring in some decent foreign players, but they have to offer more than we can get from locals.” 

De Silva will be hoping to make his Pro League debut against Police F.C. on Saturday. The Sharks increased their unbeaten run to four games with a hard fought 0-0 draw at Mahaica Oval against Point Fortin. “Point Fortin at Mahaica Oval is the only true away game in the league, so a point won there is a good result’ said Fenwick

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 26, 2014, 10:53:28 PM »
Keep up the good work Central, is not always about wins and losses. :applause:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 26, 2014, 11:37:36 PM »
 CENTRAL MEDIA

Team News: New signing Willis Plaza spared a few words with the Central FC Media team regarding his move to the club.

CENTRAL MEDIA: How do you feel about joining Central FC?
WILLIS PLAZA: I feel good about joining Central. There are a lot of young players who work very hard around the team. They just need a little experience. I have come to bring the experience that I've gained from outside to help the team to do better

CENTRAL MEDIA: Is it easier to join a club that boasts some of your team mates from the national team?
WILLIS PLAZA: Of course. I feel good about joining up with players like Guerra and Jan. Its good to play with them at the top (national) level and then combining with them at club level
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 10:55:48 AM by amielisadore »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 27, 2014, 08:34:46 AM »
Given this glimpse into the vision and planning demonstrated by Central, Roopie had to have been doomed. If he's not pursuing his ambitions in football, then Central likely made the correct choice. Perseverance matters.

Kudos to the Central directorate for assembling this cast of ballers. It will be a magnet for fans and observers.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:38:21 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 28, 2014, 02:54:41 PM »
Includes a picture of FS's mug!

Sean de Silva - Final piece of Central FC’s jigsaw puzzle
T&T Guardian

“The final piece of the jigsaw.” This was how Central FC head coach Terry Fenwick described the signing of T&T international, Sean de Silva on the transfer deadline day.

In a busy transfer window for the Sharks, Fenwick, has signed an impressive group of T&T senior internationals and one Under-17 and Under-20 international, all from outside of the Pro League.

“It’s all about quality,” said the English coach. “There are a lot of talented Trinis out there, but some people prefer to sign cheaper foreign imports. We have spent a lot of time and energy chasing down those talented local boys who have slipped off the T&T football radar.”

Central’s preparations director, Kevin Harrison said, “We sat down one day and said: ‘What happened to all of our youngsters who played in two World Cups?’” We knew that many of them had moved overseas, but they were no longer impacting on the national teams.”

Harrison said he, Fenwick and managing director, Brent Sancho, devised a project to bring back T&T players to the Pro League.

“Of course, money was an issue,” said Sancho. “We don’t have a huge budget so we can’t compete with salaries paid in the MLS. But we explained to players that sometimes you need to step sideways to move forward.”

“Brent showed these guys that a move back to the Pro League would allow national coach Stephen Hart, a chance to see players on a regular basis,” said Harrison.

“Videos are ok, but a coach wants to familiarise himself with all aspects of a players game. Crucially, the cameras follow the ball, while the coach wants to see what the player is doing when he’s not in possession. Players will usually touch the ball for less than 60 seconds in a game and this will be covered by the cameras. A coach wants to see what the player does for the other 89 minutes.”

De Silva, 24, is a product of the Dion La Foucade Soccer Academy and represented St Ann’s Rangers at youth level. De Silva made two appearances for the national Under-17 team before he moved to the USA to attend Charleston College, where he played for the Cougars. The midfielder then represented T&T at Under-20 and Under-23 levels, as well as playing twice for the senior team.

After finishing college, de Silva joined NASL club, Minnesota United. “I felt this was the right time for me to come back home and make my Pro League debut,” said de Silva. “I’m focused on gaining more national appearances and I need to remind coach Hart of what I can bring to the table.”

De Silva added that he was excited by the quality of players in the squad and is looking forward to teaming up with Leston Paul.

“Leston is a superb player. I’d like to think that he and I could build a partnership that can carry over to the national team. We are both young enough for the next two World Cup campaigns and I know that coach Hart is looking ahead to Russia 2018 and Dubai 2022.”

Fenwick, meanwhile, is positively aglow.

“This is an amazingly talented group of players that we have assembled. Everywhere I look is quality, and now my selection problems will all be good ones!” The former Tottenham and England defender feels that more clubs should follow the Central FC lead. “We don’t receive government funding, yet we’re aggressively recruiting T&T players of international standard to assist the national team. Every other team receives taxpayer’s dollars, yet they don’t carry out anything like the number of community projects that we do. And how many teams can boast that they regularly field a team totally comprised of local players? The stronger the national team becomes, the stronger our league will become.”

“I’d love to bring in some decent foreign players, but they have to offer more than we can get from locals.”

De Silva will be hoping to make his Pro League debut against Police FC on Saturday. The Sharks increased their unbeaten run to four games with a hard fought 0-0 draw at Mahaica Oval against Point Fortin Civic. “Point Fortin at Mahaica Oval is the only true away game in the league, so a point won there is a good result,” said Fenwick on the fixture.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 28, 2014, 02:56:05 PM »
Sorry for the crudeness, but there seems to be a lot of investment in Central - where's the money from? Are we going to see Brent Sancho carted off in irons  to America? :p

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 28, 2014, 03:42:06 PM »
Sorry for the crudeness, but there seems to be a lot of investment in Central - where's the money from? Are we going to see Brent Sancho carted off in irons  to America? :p

How so? We haven't bought any players. We released 5 guys and brought in 5.
Remember, each club aside from Army and Police start the season knowing they will receive between TT50-80k per month from Govt. Except Central.
We had to get sponsors, so we approached everyone. SIS helped at first and then decided to become club sponsor. We also attracted Toyota, NLCB, NGC (for our youth programme). Small businesses like Sew-Rite and J-ZZ's contributed, as well as Phoenix Park.
Neither myself or Sancho receive big salaries (in fact, neither of us are the top earners at the club). We don't have flash new cars.
If you look closely at our uniforms, you will see where the old numbers were removed to put new ones on.
There won't be anyone from Central carted off to the States!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 28, 2014, 03:50:16 PM »
Salivating for next game...i hope the chemistry is there..might take a lil while to get the right combi

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 28, 2014, 04:20:02 PM »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 28, 2014, 04:47:19 PM »

Remember, each club aside from Army and Police start the season knowing they will receive between TT50-80k per month from Govt. Except Central.
We had to get sponsors, so we approached everyone. SIS helped at first and then decided to become club sponsor. We also attracted Toyota, NLCB, NGC (for our youth programme). Small businesses like Sew-Rite and J-ZZ's contributed, as well as Phoenix Park.
Neither myself or Sancho receive big salaries (in fact, neither of us are the top earners at the club). We don't have flash new cars.
If you look closely at our uniforms, you will see where the old numbers were removed to put new ones on.

Ah I see! certainly clears that up. In that case you're doing excellently with the funds you have over there, seriously to pull a team together of that talent, pretty awesome.

Also where you guys training? Do you own the land? I ask 'cause it looks in pretty good nick.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 28, 2014, 05:37:21 PM »
Given this glimpse into the vision and planning demonstrated by Central, Roopie had to have been doomed. If he's not pursuing his ambitions in football, then Central likely made the correct choice. Perseverance matters.

Kudos to the Central directorate for assembling this cast of ballers. It will be a magnet for fans and observers.

De man say he couldn't sign Roopie because Central broke but end up signing 5 recognize and establish players (Guerra, de Silva, Paul, Marshall and Plaza).

Talk but blowing smoke up man asshole.

No body believe in honestly anymore, just tell de man yuh not good enough.

:rotfl:

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 28, 2014, 07:54:09 PM »

De man say he couldn't sign Roopie because Central broke but end up signing 5 recognize and establish players (Guerra, de Silva, Paul, Marshall and Plaza).

Sam, you're just bitter for some reason. I said that before we sign anyone, we have to let players go. I think I used the phrase "one in - one out". We released 5 and signed 5. Maybe if Roopie had stuck around, as did de Silva, he may have been signed. De Silva had to wait until the day before transfer deadline day before we could agree to sign him. And we really wanted him! If Roopie had proved to be better in midfield than Guerra, Paul or de Silva, no doubt we would have signed him. Unfortunately, we didn't get the chance to see enough of him to convince us that he was.
Everyone was disappointed about the Roopie situation, but it's time to move on, mate.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 28, 2014, 07:55:17 PM »

Ah I see! certainly clears that up. In that case you're doing excellently with the funds you have over there, seriously to pull a team together of that talent, pretty awesome.

Also where you guys training? Do you own the land? I ask 'cause it looks in pretty good nick.

Thats Ato Boldon training field which Connection also use. We are developing Pres College, Chaguanas, but we can't find land of our own at the moment.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 28, 2014, 07:57:40 PM »
Salivating for next game...i hope the chemistry is there..might take a lil while to get the right combi

It's like building a car and you finally install the turbo. All the best parts are installed and in theory, it should run like s*it off a shovel.
Just hope the bloody car works properly when we take it out on the highway!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 28, 2014, 08:00:06 PM »

Sam, you're just bitter for some reason. I said that before we sign anyone, we have to let players go. I think I used the phrase "one in - one out". We released 5 and signed 5. Maybe if Roopie had stuck around, as did de Silva, he may have been signed. De Silva had to wait until the day before transfer deadline day before we could agree to sign him. And we really wanted him! If Roopie had proved to be better in midfield than Guerra, Paul or de Silva, no doubt we would have signed him. Unfortunately, we didn't get the chance to see enough of him to convince us that he was.
Everyone was disappointed about the Roopie situation, but it's time to move on, mate.

I moved on bro. I just expect better movement from Central because Sancho and company know how jerking around feel as they experience it in the past and you would expect them to change the way things in done in T&T especially when they are in a position to change it at their club. Everyday they still fighting for they money from de TTFA and hate being jerk around.

I am also sure de Silva is born and bread in T&T and had somewhere to live while he waited to be signed.

I like what Central is doing anyway, buying some good players, by de way, who was de 5 players Central off load? probably was a big $$ off load to sign five top quality players in place of them?

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 08:02:42 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>