April 16, 2024, 05:56:14 PM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 171637 times)

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Sharks: Central FC Thread
« Reply #630 on: May 09, 2014, 04:14:18 PM »
Get live match updates from the Digicel Pro Bowl encounter of Central FC vs NE Stars tonight at 8 pm via CFClive http://centralfctt.com/centrallive/index.php

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 11, 2014, 10:37:23 PM »
Sharks snapping up new contracts:

Central F.C. has secured more players signatures in their efforts to finalise their squad for the 2014/15 season. Veteran midfielder, Marvin Oliver has committed himself to a further 2 years at the club, keeping him with The Sharks past his 40th birthday! The dreadlocked playmaker has had another solid season and was a key factor in the clubs 17 match unbeaten run, as well as scoring a magnificent free kick against W.Connection in the league and the winning goal in the Lucozade Goal Shield. "We keep thinking that Marvin will run out of steam" said Managing Director, Brent Sancho, "But he has more stamina than most of our younger guys. He's been with Central since the beginning and is a fantastic role model to our younger players. He is Mr Central"

Read more http://centralfctt.com/Articles/article.php?r=36
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 10:47:21 PM by amielisadore »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 12, 2014, 08:49:02 AM »
We have had requests for 5 of our players from overseas and we do not wish to stand in their way and will look at the benefits of any deal from both the players and the clubs perspective. Meanwhile, we are talking to several existing and former T&T internationals about coming home. So it’s difficult to picture where we need to strengthen at the moment. “

Very interesting - hopefully these clubs are steps up?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 12, 2014, 09:33:57 AM »
We have had requests for 5 of our players from overseas and we do not wish to stand in their way and will look at the benefits of any deal from both the players and the clubs perspective. Meanwhile, we are talking to several existing and former T&T internationals about coming home. So it’s difficult to picture where we need to strengthen at the moment. “

Actually, one of our players declined to go to an MLS club, stating that he wanted to help Central finish in the top two! But, yeah, decent European clubs and MLS outfits.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 12, 2014, 10:25:43 AM »

Actually, one of our players declined to go to an MLS club, stating that he wanted to help Central finish in the top two! But, yeah, decent European clubs and MLS outfits.

what ? are you for real .. did you  all try convince that player to take the mls option when he said that ?...FS i hope you all get some players to Europe ...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 10:41:19 AM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 12, 2014, 11:11:55 AM »

what ? are you for real .. did you  all try convince that player to take the mls option when he said that ?...FS i hope you all get some players to Europe ...

It was really frustrating! Imagine how many players would like that shot....and there was talk of a transfer fee of US$50,000 or more! However, it is the player's decision ultimately and he needs to ensure the move is right on various levels.
I'm confident that there will be one or two nice moves.
It is very frustrating about the UK situation. We've had several chats with UK clubs who want our players up to Championship level. When you consider that Trinibagonians are members of the former Commonwealth,and have supported the "Motherland" for centuries, yet they have less rights to work in UK than, say, Germans who we fought in two major wars last century, it doesn't seem very fair. I have nothing against Germans, or any other nationality, but Commonwealth citizens have earned the right to work in the UK in my opinion.   

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 12, 2014, 11:13:51 AM »

It was really frustrating! Imagine how many players would like that shot....and there was talk of a transfer fee of US$50,000 or more! However, it is the player's decision ultimately and he needs to ensure the move is right on various levels.
It is very frustrating about the UK situation. We've had several chats with UK clubs who want our players up to Championship level. When you consider that Trinibagonians are members of the former Commonwealth,and have supported the "Motherland" for centuries, yet they have less rights to work in UK than, say, Germans who we fought in two major wars last century, it doesn't seem very fair. I have nothing against Germans, or any other nationality, but Commonwealth citizens have earned the right to work in the UK in my opinion.   

what about the Scottish league ?? what our federation needs to do is arrange matches we win it boost our rankings .I hope we play more games ...  Austrian  Belgium and Germany and Holland  is less restrictive ...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 11:26:12 AM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 12, 2014, 11:45:14 AM »
Very interesting... Maybe the player was a bit daunted by moving abroad? Surely the 50,000 dollars would also help Central :p

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 12, 2014, 12:06:19 PM »

only if the player is signed..however..I always wondered about your other point as well..something like no more commonwealth immigrants welcome...till needed again.. I had family who served in 2 wars (RIP).

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 12, 2014, 12:09:41 PM »

what about the Scottish league ?? what our federation needs to do is arrange matches we win it boost our rankings .I hope we play more games ...  Austrian  Belgium and Germany and Holland  is less restrictive ...

Scotland falls under UK laws. But if they break away from the UK, as is being attempted, all will change there.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 12, 2014, 12:11:44 PM »

only if the player is signed..however..I always wondered about your other point as well..something like no more commonwealth immigrants welcome...till needed again.. I had family who served in 2 wars (RIP).

Max, I think any national loyalty to the UK has evaporated. That doesn't mean individuals from the Commonwealth wouldn't join up, in fact I could see that happening.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 12, 2014, 04:14:53 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WqmlpriaWOg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WqmlpriaWOg</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 13, 2014, 05:37:29 PM »
Follow the live updates of the match tonight (Central FC vs St. Ann's Rangers in the TT Pro League) at CFClive http://centralfctt.com/centrallive/index.php. Kick off is at 9 pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium. Jan-Michael Williams, Ataulla Guerra, Willis Plaza & Rundell Winchester have all been called up to the National Team for the friendlies vs Argentina and Iran and all are expected to be in action tonight.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 13, 2014, 09:05:49 PM »
With a little help from San Juan Jabloteh that defeated Defense Force 1-0 tonight Central FC are 2013-2014 T&T ProLeague runners up and qualified for the CFU Championship. Congratulations Sharks!!!!  Well done!

What a season of ProLeague football!!!! 
Warrior Nation Member At Large

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 13, 2014, 09:44:11 PM »
Fantastic, tense, exciting finish to the Pro League. Apparently, Army hit the post in the last minute and only frantic goal line defending kept the ball out of the San Juan net!
Big thanks to Jabloteh who managed a draw against Central and a win vs Army in their last two games.
Commiserations to Army who fought valiantly until the final whistle in a season where everything went against them.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: May 13, 2014, 10:18:20 PM »
This is good news because even if you lose some players to foreign contracts central seem to have another generation of players coming through. DF consistently disappoints in the CCL so its time for a new team to get the opportunity to fly the flag for the pro league.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 14, 2014, 03:05:26 AM »
Fantastic news!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 14, 2014, 03:06:09 AM »
Fantastic, tense, exciting finish to the Pro League. Apparently, Army hit the post in the last minute and only frantic goal line defending kept the ball out of the San Juan net!
Big thanks to Jabloteh who managed a draw against Central and a win vs Army in their last two games.
Commiserations to Army who fought valiantly until the final whistle in a season where everything went against them.

Indeed. Out of deep respect for them and Kevon Carter, I did not ring the bells for Central automatically - despite holding solid respect for the body of work being put down by Central.

It was contrived neutrality, but the most comfortable position to adopt from a position of conscience. However, now that the outcome is sealed: well done Central, and congratulations!

DF has proven yet again to be a squad of mettle. Ah couldn't automatically join the chorus for their exclusion, especially given their struggles this season. Bless!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 03:08:06 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 16, 2014, 06:12:24 PM »
Follow the action of the Digicel Pro Bowl semi final between Central FC and W Connection via the following link on our website. http://centralfctt.com/centrallive/index.php

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 19, 2014, 04:16:32 PM »
TRANSFER RUMOR: One of Central FC's premier players, who is part of Stephen Hart's T&T National Team, will be signing a contract for a European team within the next few hours.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 19, 2014, 04:36:53 PM »
TRANSFER RUMOR: One of Central FC's premier players, who is part of Stephen Hart's T&T National Team, will be signing a contract for a European team within the next few hours.

Will this player be able to play in the upcoming friendlies?

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 19, 2014, 05:12:45 PM »

Will this player be able to play in the upcoming friendlies?

Most definitely. All efforts are being made to allow for such.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 19, 2014, 05:39:02 PM »
Hmmm, nice

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 19, 2014, 05:51:53 PM »
So ... am gih we some directional guidance with a cardinal point nah. Ah want to gauge the appropriate level of excitement to be applied :). So when yuh say Europe ... what we talking? Western (highest level of excitement) or Northern (low to moderate) or Eastern (low to moderate) or Southern (could be moderate to semi-high :))

Or we "just" talking Belgium. :devil:

P.S. Even if iz Malta or Faroe Islands ah promising to be "excited".  ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 05:56:13 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 20, 2014, 11:14:01 AM »
So ... am gih we some directional guidance with a cardinal point nah. Ah want to gauge the appropriate level of excitement to be applied :). So when yuh say Europe ... what we talking? Western (highest level of excitement) or Northern (low to moderate) or Eastern (low to moderate) or Southern (could be moderate to semi-high :))

Or we "just" talking Belgium. :devil:

P.S. Even if iz Malta or Faroe Islands ah promising to be "excited".  ;D

You can bet your hat it's Belgium given recent events lol

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 20, 2014, 11:34:05 AM »
soooo, who's the player? Rundell???  :nailbiting:

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 20, 2014, 12:07:59 PM »
Im guessing its either Rundell or Plaza

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 20, 2014, 12:12:26 PM »
waitin for d confirmation. 'next few hrs' gone long time

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 20, 2014, 12:16:46 PM »
waitin for d confirmation. 'next few hrs' gone long time

Well, I dont know how to measure time anymore the TTFA was suposed to announce a new sponsor in a few days, 3 months ago

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 21, 2014, 07:10:27 AM »
i guess it was just rumor no player going anywhere   :devil: :devil:

1]; } ?>