March 28, 2024, 04:31:15 AM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 170780 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Sharks: Central FC Thread
« Reply #870 on: April 04, 2015, 01:02:24 PM »
Is time they put new turf on the CoC. That should be on the MoS agenda.

That's a private ground, so it's their responsibility. Even if it belonged to TTFA, really it would be their role to fund it. But it is a dreadful surface to play on.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 04, 2015, 01:19:44 PM »

That's a private ground, so it's their responsibility. Even if it belonged to TTFA, really it would be their role to fund it. But it is a dreadful surface to play on.

Then Dexter should stop the pro league from playing there until it is changed. I think the Arima velodrome should have a turf field.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 04, 2015, 01:46:57 PM »

Then Dexter should stop the pro league from playing there until it is changed. I think the Arima velodrome should have a turf field.

Problem is, with stadiums not available, there is no where else. Working on getting lights sorted out at Manny and Larry.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 04, 2015, 04:14:11 PM »

Problem is, with stadiums not available, there is no where else. Working on getting lights sorted out at Manny and Larry.

That would be good to get the lights working at these stadium. I have little reservations with the new type of turf field. It is kind of inevitable because there is not much space in the east west corridor for more fields. So some of them should be converted to support the wear and turf of heavy use. But CoC needs a new one.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 13, 2015, 05:43:48 PM »
Sharks Hoping To Bite In Guyana

TT Pro League leaders Central F.C. will be flying to Guyana on Tuesday to compete in the Caribbean Club Championship and are confident that their first overseas trip will be successful. 

The Sharks will face Alpha United, who are hosting the competition, on 19th April and Inter Moengotapoe from Suriname two days earlier on the 17th. Alpha meet Inter on the 15th in the opening game. 

Central F.C. spokesman, Kevin Jeffrey said “Of course, any game at this level will have its challenges, but the team is confident of winning through to the final round.” 

The final round will be played between 20th and 24th May at a venue to be decided, with the winners from each of the four groups competing for three CONCACAF Champions League places. 

“Strangely, it will be harder to qualify for the final round than qualify for CONCACAF” said Jeffrey “In the final round you can lose a game and still qualify in the 3rd place play off, but in the group stage, a loss will almost certainly mean you will not progress.” 

The California based club will be travelling with a full squad and every player is Trinidadian. “We have to focus on our next Pro League game against Point Fortin on April 24th” explained Jeffrey “One or two players are carrying slight injuries so we will leave them at home to recuperate ready for the Point Fortin game.”   

One more Pro League victory will almost certainly see the league title go to Central F.C. for the first time as they currently have a 6 point lead over second place W.Connection who have a game in hand. However, Central have a goal difference of plus 14 over Connection.   

“It’s a good position to be in with two games remaining” said Jeffrey, who pointed out that this is only the clubs third season since it was formed. “The squad we will carry is full of experience and goals, so we know that we will be tough opposition in Guyana. But most importantly, this is a great experience for the players and the club and will stand us in good stead for next year’s Caribbean Cup which we have already qualified for.” 

Meanwhile, the Central F.C. staff and players who remain in T&T will have a busy week.  We will be holding try outs for our women’s team this week and more info can be obtained on the Central F.C. facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CentralFCTT. Some of our players will also be visiting schools in the Central region this week to promote the Central F.C. Chuck E. Cheese coaching school which will be taking place at Lange Park on Saturday mornings starting in May.” 

Live match updates of both of Central F.C.’s games in Guyana will be available on the Central F.C.  facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CentralFCTTfrom 4pm on the 17th & 19th April. 

Central F.C. squad for Guyana: Jan-Michael Williams, Elton John, Kevon Villaroel, Akeem Benjamin, Leston Paul, Jason Marcano, Sean de Silva, Marvin Oliver, Darren Mitchell, Jamal Jack, Kaydion Gabriel, Keion Goodridge, Javon Sample, Marcelle Francois, Nathaniel Garcia, Willis Plaza, Ataulla Guerra and Dwight Quintero.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:17:11 PM by amielisadore »

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Central chaos: Sancho, Harrison named in bonus battle as Sharks threaten boycott
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

New Pro League champions, Central FC, appear to be on the brink of meltdown, just two weeks after winning their maiden domestic title, with a feud over bonuses that, ironically, has pitted Sport Minister Brent Sancho and his advisor Kevin Harrison against over two dozen players and staff members.

Central’s players and staff were offered 10 percent of the Pro League’s $1 million first prize but have refused the figure. And some squad members, who spoke on condition of anonymity, insisted that Sancho, in his previous capacity as club CEO, offered to split half the league winnings with the team.

“Sancho said the deal is whatever the players win they get half of and half goes back to the club,” a Central squad member told Wired868, “and you all get 20 percent of what they get. So, the split would be 50 percent to the club, 40 percent to the players and ten percent to the staff.”

The Sport Minister denied the allegation.

“I never said that,” said Sancho, who said he recused himself from club affairs after becoming Sport Minister in February 2015. “We had offered them 50 percent (of prize money) for (cup competitions)… It was 30 percent the first year and then we said we would raise it to 50 (percent).

“The league money was never discussed… In fact, before I became Minister of Sport we were supposed to discuss (bonuses for) the League, Caribbean Cup and CONCACAF. But then obviously I left the club and we never had a chance to sit down before I left.”

Harrison, who is Central’s operations director and an advisor to the Sport Minister, also claimed that the 50 percent offer was only for knock out competitions. And he insisted that the Central board, which is run by SIS official Darren Mohamdally, will only offer $100,000 to the squad from the $1 million prize money.

“I was authorised to tell the players that they can have 10 percent to share between players and staff,” said Harrison. “I was told the players wanted 40 percent and the staff would be dealt with separately. But I’m not a decision maker. I get told by the board and relay decisions.”

The Central team trained from 9 am today in Couva. But the friction has put a question mark over the remainder of their season.

The “Couva Sharks”, who already won the Pro League and First Citizens Cup titles this season, are scheduled to play Police FC from 8 pm tomorrow in the second match of a Pro Bowl semifinal round double header at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva. And they will face Haitian outfit, Don Bosco, in the Caribbean Club Championship semifinals on May 22 at the same venue.

Fenwick, who replaced Zoran Vranes at helm on March 24, admitted the mood is tense on the training ground. The English coach said he was not a part of the alleged bonus deal or the ongoing negotiations but is advised by players on the talks.

“We had a very strong team spirit when I walked in,” Fenwick told Wired868, “but that has been crushed because of finance-related issues, bonus problems and promises that apparently haven’t been kept with the players…

“There is now a very disgruntled squad of which half of them, myself included, are of contract on May 31.”

Harrison admitted that he could not state definitely that Central will turn up for tomorrow’s Pro Bowl semifinal match. But he urged the players to focus on the remaining prize money at stake and try to end their seasons on a high note.

“Obviously we know the guys are upset but I can’t see why they wouldn’t play,” said Harrison. “The bonus problem is about the League but that has finished. The Pro Bowl (first prize) is $100,000 and, if they are so concerned about bonuses, then that is $50,000 for them (to share) if they win it.

“Fifty percent of our players won’t get the chance to play in a Caribbean Cup final and when you finish those are the memories you look back on. If you are going to leave, leave on the top.”

The irony of Sancho and Harrison’s position is inescapable.

Sancho was one of 13 “Soca Warriors” who successfully sued the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) for 50 percent of all income generated from the 2006 World Cup. Harrison, who was a low-level Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) official in England, advised the Warriors.

Sancho was also a founding member of the now defunct Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT), which also employed Harrison as an advisor.

For now, though, the Sharks promise to play in the Pro Bowl semifinals.

“We have a game tomorrow and we are going to play,” said Central captain Leston Paul. “I don’t think the players are happy. But we are being professional about it and we will play the game.”

Wired868 can confirm that there are divisions within the playing and coaching ranks regarding not only whether they should complete the season with Sharks. But also if a  bonus plan was in place at all and whether a 50 percent take of the Pro League prize money is fair or excessive.

Phone calls throughout the squad found that some believed a bonus deal was in place from the start of the season while others said an offer was just made. Some were prepared to down boots immediately while others wanted to add the Caribbean title to their list of achievements.

And there was no unison among the players and staff on what prize money they should receive either.

Harrison admitted that the club erred by not sorting out a bonus structure before the season got going.

“As far as the board is concerned, they made the decision at the beginning of the season,” said Harrison. “Why it wasn’t relayed to the players, I don’t know. If we had offered them a $100,000 bonus (to share) last summer, they would probably have been happy.

“So it was our fault not to tell them and theirs not to raise it then. But we pay them the best salaries we could and some of the best wages in the league… If they want better bonuses, it would be reflected in (lower salaries).”

If the players are accustomed to getting 50/50 splits on prize money from Cup winnings, is it reasonable for them to expect the same for claiming the League title?

Harrison disagreed and claimed that the Sharks need the League winnings to ensure their survival for next season.

“The amount of money (between the league and cup competitions) is different and we have to make sure the club exists,” said Harrison. “So the $900,000 the club keeps will make sure we exist next season. Why should the club not get the whole of it?

“We pay very good salaries because we want to win competitions and they already receive the best salaries in the league anyway. If we did it the other way and gave poorer salaries and big bonuses then, if they didn’t win, they would be worse off.

“If I were a player, I would prefer bigger salaries and less bonuses.”

Harrison confirmed that Central will not pay out any of its $300,000 returns for finished second in the league for the 2013/14 season.

“We decided we would only pay if we won,” he said. “We didn’t want to pay for being the best losers.”

But don’t all players in England’s professional leagues get a slice of the prize money irrespective of their league placing?

“Well, the (Pro League) might decide on that but then put a cap on wages,” said Harrison. “(Local) clubs don’t bring in anything beside prize money… and if they gave half to the players, many would struggle to stay in the league.

“I have always gone on record as saying I would love to see day when players get a good wage. But, with the falling oil prices and so on, money is hard to come by.”

For now, simmering distrust aside, the Sharks will go on together. But Paul, a two-time World Youth Cup captain and former St Mary’s College schoolboy, did not confirm whether the Sharks would complete their roster of games this season.

“I can’t answer that question right now,” said Paul. “There is a lot of chatter going on about that. (But) I will leave that until the game tomorrow.

“If we don’t get positive feedback, then I don’t know what will be the next step. Right now, we just want to play in the game and get to the (Pro Bowl) final.”

So far, Harrison is not for turning.

“If I was a player and I wanted to leave,” he said, “I would want to say I won the League and the Caribbean Cup, etc (because) it adds value to you as a player. They will be cutting their nose off to spite their face (if they boycotted). All the club would lose is $50,000 (from the Pro Bowl), which isn’t the end of the world.

“I would love to keep the majority of the team together… We had such a great vibe in Guyana, it is a pity it has to end like this.”

« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 04:29:51 AM by Flex »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
put it in writing - exactly what percent and exactly what for - wasn't something learned the last time someone promised 50% verbally?

Offline Orient Trini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Wow!!
Agreed with E-Man, should have been in writing since pre season.
15% of Pro League earnings to players
5% of Pro League earnings to Staff

50% of cup is a huge amount as well but If that's the route then 40% to players, 10% to staff.

Not rocket science.
Born in Trini, Working in England.
Come on you O's !

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
 Deja vu...“I never said that,” said Sancho  That sounds like Jack 9 years ago
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Sancho pulling ah Jack..

what happened to my interview, he running from that...

all these men are the same, holding our football for ransom and destroying it...

like i said before, time for new heads, ones not associated to football locally

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
50% for winning a league? I could understand a cup, but a league where the money is targeted for the club? But at the same time Central FC board have to take lash, so to Sancho and FS.

Bakes must be wining low with this one.

Pay them the money and then do like Joe Public.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Central chaos: Sancho, Harrison named in bonus battle as Sharks threaten boycott

And he insisted that the Central board, which is run by SIS official Darren Ali, will only offer $100,000 to the squad from the $1 million prize money.

Well, this is certainly interesting... I remember Harrison going to pains to argue that SIS was only a sponsor, no different from any other sponsor.  These f**king crooks who robbing the treasury blind with billion dollar contracts handed out by the PP gov't... THIS is who running Central FC?  Well now the picture starting to get clearer.  What a nest of f**king vipers.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
50% for winning a league? I could understand a cup, but a league where the money is targeted for the club? But at the same time Central FC board have to take lash, so to Sancho and FS.

Contrary to what you might think, I take no joy in this... but I do find the irony rich.  Brent Sancho continues to disappoint.  The same man who get burned by a verbal promise that was not kept, is making verbal promises to his players.  I don't know what was said and who is right from who is wrong, but Sancho OF ALL PEOPLE should know better.  The spotlight is proving harsh for Sancho and Central the closer you look.  According to Dion Sosa they wanted Qian Grosvenor to sign a waiver that they would not pay for his medicals if he got hurt on trials... yet insisted on a transfer fee if signed from the same trials.  Add that to the scam they tried to pull on Levi Garcia and his family... I will just quote a comment I read elsewhere:

"This is d same gentleman who had d national team looking to strike before theCFU finals last year and the women team up in arms as well now his advisor telling the boys to play and forget it!!"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Contrary to what you might think, I take no joy in this... but I do find the irony rich.  Brent Sancho continues to disappoint.  The same man who get burned by a verbal promise that was not kept, is making verbal promises to his players.  I don't know what was said and who is right from who is wrong, but Sancho OF ALL PEOPLE should know better.  The spotlight is proving harsh for Sancho and Central the closer you look.  According to Dion Sosa they wanted Qian Grosvenor to sign a waiver that they would not pay for his medicals if he got hurt on trials... yet insisted on a transfer fee if signed from the same trials.  Add that to the scam they tried to pull on Levi Garcia and his family... I will just quote a comment I read elsewhere:

"This is d same gentleman who had d national team looking to strike before theCFU finals last year and the women team up in arms as well now his advisor telling the boys to play and forget it!!"

Just by cherry picking heresay, doesn't mean its true.  It is quite usual for an investor or sponsor to require a seat on the board of a business they have invested in. Further, to my knowledge, there is no law preventing a private individual from investing in a business that his employer has invested in or sponsored.

Regarding Grosvenor: The player was under contract to Central F.C. and mid season was encouraged to request a leave of absence to travel to Turkey at his own expense to participate in an open trial. This means that he would not be trying out for a club, but rather play in a number of games with dozens of other hopefuls with the hope of a club making an offer. These open trials are usually put together as a money making exercise. Central F.C. like many other clubs have clauses in their insurance concerning overseas football. If a player was going to a club on trial organised by the club, he would be covered by the hosting clubs insurance. These open trials should have provided insurance, if not, what the hell was Sosa thinking? As a player contracted to Central F.C. any transfer request would have been considered by the club. He was not a free agent.

Central F.C. reluctantly agreed to let him go on the understanding that he was not covered by insurance, he would not be paid during the trial and, as a transfer would be required, that the club would negotiate a fee. Mr Sosa did not want this for his client and negotiated for his release, which was granted. The only matter here that is not usual football practice is an unlicensed agent encouraging a player to  walk away from his contract on the hope that he would be selected out of dozens of other hopefuls. Mr Grovesnor was not successful, spent thousands on the trip and walked out of his contract with Central. Mr Grosvenor was not successful, lost at least 3 months salary, missed out on at least 3 bonuses, missed out on a League Champions medal, missed out on CFU football and more. Good decision, yes.

Finally, there is nothing wrong with a verbal agreement, but one was not made with the players concerning league bonuses. In fact, no agreement, written or otherwise, was made. A mistake which I have already conceded, but which the players have not recognised their role in.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I will say it again, Sancho is a greedy crook.

Glad you guys are finally starting to seeing his true colours.

And now Kevin Harrison saying that there is nothing wrong with a verbal agreement.

Talk about double tongue.

Kevin Harrison is working in the ministrey and you will see the difference he makes, you guys already seeing it. He will talk it way out of anything.

These Englishmen exploiting our people.

All of the players should walk out.

Sancho is getting a taste of his own medicine.

Jack fellout with Sancho because he saw his true colours a long time ago.

Kelvin Jack, Sancho, Yorke and Hislop is only for themselves.

I can guarantee you that T&T national football is dead once PP stay in power and Sancho is minister.

This guy is a two face, the sport he made a life from he is now deceiving.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 05:56:15 AM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile

Not only Garcia and Grosvenor, they screw up Roopie to, make de man spend he last dollar to fly to T&T for a trial and then f00k them.

FS is meh boy, but I dont like how Sancho starting to move now.

He days like everybody else numbered, ah just hope it come fast with him.

I really had high hopes for Sancho as minister also, knowing he involved in sports all his life.

Central players going an boycott right before they Caribbean Cup game, same like what he made de women team ad men team do before they Caribbean Cup games.

He made a Jack Warner promise.

It good.

They dont have to give the players any prize money but they should not make a false promise especially when they was victus of one to.

:devil:

Incentives is always good though.

And Sancho was de same one forcing de TTFA to give players half de gate for the game we play Panama last time.

PS: Ah just cah believe Lasana writing about he boys, good going.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 06:30:49 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Not only Garcia and Grosvenor, they screw up Roopie to, make de man spend he last dollar to fly to T&T for a trial and then f00k them.

I really had high hopes for Sancho as minister also, knowing he involved in sports all his life.

Central players going an boycott right before they Caribbean Cup game, same like what he made de women team ad men team do before they Caribbean Cup games.

It good.

Oh Gawd, Sam. You know Roopie came on trial and didn't get through. Nobody made him come! Grosvenor just walked out of his contract on some pipe dream sold to him and Garcia, well, he would have developed far more at Central this season and achieved much including involvement with the SMT yet he was advised to play school football instead!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile

It good.

Oh Gawd, Sam. You know Roopie came on trial and didn't get through. Nobody made him come! Grosvenor just walked out of his contract on some pipe dream sold to him and Garcia, well, he would have developed far more at Central this season and achieved much including involvement with the SMT yet he was advised to play school football instead!!

Nah, yuh lie and Flex could vouch for this to, you give him confirmation to come on trial. Its not about getting through.

Its how it went down.

Central dont have to give the players any prize money but they should not make a false promise especially when they was victus of one to.

Incentives is always good though.

And Sancho was de same one forcing de TTFA to give players half de gate for the game we play Panama last time.

So FS, tell we how Central release Levi Garcia, tell we the real story what went down with you and Sosa?

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 06:36:42 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

Fair enough.

Sosa is a really clown. He is not good for the youth players of T&T. He trying all kind of scheme to get players to sign any overseas contract so he could get paid. He making no kind of investment in the players locally and just trying to poach players as he go along. NOt good.

It is very concerning that after everything that Central FC has done in their short time people are so quick to say "aha you see". I have seen nothing previously that have shown that CFC is about cheating players out of money and is corrupt. They've taken very good care of players and have been very professional in their approach thus far.

At the same time if this is usually part of a contract, why is it not written down as part of the contract players sign?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History

Central dont have to give the players any prize money but they should not make a false promise especially when they was victus of one to.

I don't know that there was a false promise, but when things are done verbally there is way too much room for misunderstanding, ( e.g. 50% of league prize, not knock out ) Much better to have it spelled out on paper to protect the club as well as the players from this sort of thing.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Just by cherry picking heresay, doesn't mean its true.  It is quite usual for an investor or sponsor to require a seat on the board of a business they have invested in. Further, to my knowledge, there is no law preventing a private individual from investing in a business that his employer has invested in or sponsored.

Where is the 'heresay' in what I said?  If I said anything that's untrue why don't you point it out?  And you say "t is quite usual for an investor or sponsor to require a seat on the board of a business they have invested in."  Really? Why don't you give us a few examples then.  Give us examples of sponsors who you know for fact required a board position in exchange for their sponsorship.  Heck, I'd even settle for a few examples (shouldn't be too hard, since you say it's "quite usual") where a sponsor either by request or invitation, sits on the board of a professional team.  I can tell you for one that you're talking foolishness, maybe that's how you do business in Couva, but in the rest of the world you don't invite that level of upheaval in your governance by putting someone on the board who potentially would only be there for a short time.  What happens when the sponsorship ends?  Now you have to vote that person off the board and bring aboard a new qualified person to replace them.  I think what's becoming transparently clear is that SIS is really the money behind Central FC, bankrolling the team.  They probably own it too I bet.  At any rate, I'll wait on your examples.

Regarding Grosvenor: The player was under contract to Central F.C. and mid season was encouraged to request a leave of absence to travel to Turkey at his own expense to participate in an open trial. This means that he would not be trying out for a club, but rather play in a number of games with dozens of other hopefuls with the hope of a club making an offer. These open trials are usually put together as a money making exercise. Central F.C. like many other clubs have clauses in their insurance concerning overseas football. If a player was going to a club on trial organised by the club, he would be covered by the hosting clubs insurance. These open trials should have provided insurance, if not, what the hell was Sosa thinking? As a player contracted to Central F.C. any transfer request would have been considered by the club. He was not a free agent.

Central F.C. reluctantly agreed to let him go on the understanding that he was not covered by insurance, he would not be paid during the trial and, as a transfer would be required, that the club would negotiate a fee. Mr Sosa did not want this for his client and negotiated for his release, which was granted. The only matter here that is not usual football practice is an unlicensed agent encouraging a player to  walk away from his contract on the hope that he would be selected out of dozens of other hopefuls. Mr Grovesnor was not successful, spent thousands on the trip and walked out of his contract with Central. Mr Grosvenor was not successful, lost at least 3 months salary, missed out on at least 3 bonuses, missed out on a League Champions medal, missed out on CFU football and more. Good decision, yes.

Even if what you say is true about other clubs doing it, that doesn't make it right.  If you don't put forward any risk then you don't deserve any reward.  What Central did there is try to take advantage of their leverage by giving the player a take it or leave it scenario.  Good for him that he bought his way out instead.  Whatever the outcome I'm sure he feels better for having done it.

Finally, there is nothing wrong with a verbal agreement, but one was not made with the players concerning league bonuses. In fact, no agreement, written or otherwise, was made. A mistake which I have already conceded, but which the players have not recognised their role in.

Yes, there's nothing wrong with a verbal agreement... which is why it took Sancho and the rest of the players six years to settle their dispute with the TTFA.  Six years of headache and God knows how much in legal fees later... all because the then TTFF challenged the notion that there was an agreement.  I deal with contracts every day and you're trying to tell me there's nothing wrong with a verbal agreement.  I have less respect for you with each utterance you make because it's clear you're a two-faced hypocrite willing to justify anything once it suits your needs.  And if in fact "no agreement, written or otherwise, was made"... then why do the players even believe there was some sort of an agreement?  They just made that up that a bonus was promised, but disagree as to what the bonus applied to?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Fair enough.

Sosa is a really clown. He is not good for the youth players of T&T. He trying all kind of scheme to get players to sign any overseas contract so he could get paid. He making no kind of investment in the players locally and just trying to poach players as he go along. NOt good.

It is very concerning that after everything that Central FC has done in their short time people are so quick to say "aha you see". I have seen nothing previously that have shown that CFC is about cheating players out of money and is corrupt. They've taken very good care of players and have been very professional in their approach thus far.

At the same time if this is usually part of a contract, why is it not written down as part of the contract players sign?

The very same thing has been said about the TTFA under Tim Kee and you've rubbished it... but as you already made clear, Central FC can do no wrong where you're concerned.  Tried to inveigle a child into a professional contract by having somebody else sign for him when his parents right there and capable of signing for him.  Very professional, and ethical... nothing wrong with that.  Tell two players to return to TnT and they'll sign them, only to realize that they couldn't sign them after the transfer window.  Told the process to get an exemption they dropped the ball and pointed fingers at the TTFA, when the regs puts responsibility squarely on the club.  Claim they couldn't find a fax number for the Committee... when a simple google search reveals it.  Very professional indeed... just ask their current players... or Zoran Vranes for that matter.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 04:31:10 PM by Bakes »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
In all this people seems to be ignoring the players who say there was no promise of 50%. Are their words not as equal as those who say there was?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In all this people seems to be ignoring the players who say there was no promise of 50%. Are their words not as equal as those who say there was?

In all this you seem to be ignoring Sancho who say there was a promise of 50% of Cup bonuses. So clearly there was a promise, the only dispute is what was promised... which wouldn't be in dispute if only it was put in writing.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Yuh sleep with dogs yuh get fleas- yuh deal with dogs yuh get fleece - no matter what a rose by any other name is a rose- corruption Breda corruption.
Yuh could put all the veneer or dressing on the sh...t at the end of the day it is not going to be cake!' yuh Ent see how this panty politics working?
I really done with any initiatives or any thing that spewing from them so call quack ministers' orifices- everything coming from both ends os the same sh...t

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

In all this you seem to be ignoring Sancho who say there was a promise of 50% of Cup bonuses. So clearly there was a promise, the only dispute is what was promised... which wouldn't be in dispute if only it was put in writing.

In all this you miss the part where the dispute is about the league and not the cup.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In all this you miss the part where the dispute is about the league and not the cup.

Every time I convince myself to give you credit for being sensible you go ahead and prove me wrong.  The dispute is about the bonus, players say it applies to the League winnings, management says it applies only to Cup winnings.  If the dispute was solely about League winnings then perhaps we'd be talking about what percentage of the League winnings the players claim they deserve. Management's position is that League winnings isn't even in dispute.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

Every time I convince myself to give you credit for being sensible you go ahead and prove me wrong.  The dispute is about the bonus, players say it applies to the League winnings, management says it applies only to Cup winnings.  If the dispute was solely about League winnings then perhaps we'd be talking about what percentage of the League winnings the players claim they deserve. Management's position is that League winnings isn't even in dispute.

Silly me thinking the bonus is with the players was about the League winning. Can you point me where the players are disgruntled about the bonus payment of the cup.

The players are saying 50% applies to ALL WINNINGS, however the dispute is about THE LEAGUE money.

Central’s players and staff were offered 10 percent of the Pro League’s $1 million first prize but have refused the figure. And some squad members, who spoke on condition of anonymity, insisted that Sancho, in his previous capacity as club CEO, offered to split half the league winnings with the team.

“Sancho said the deal is whatever the players win they get half of and half goes back to the club,” a Central squad member told Wired868, “and you all get 20 percent of what they get. So, the split would be 50 percent to the club, 40 percent to the players and ten percent to the staff.”

The Sport Minister denied the allegation.

“I never said that,” said Sancho, who said he recused himself from club affairs after becoming Sport Minister in February 2015. “We had offered them 50 percent (of prize money) for (cup competitions)… It was 30 percent the first year and then we said we would raise it to 50 (percent).

“The league money was never discussed… In fact, before I became Minister of Sport we were supposed to discuss (bonuses for) the League, Caribbean Cup and CONCACAF. But then obviously I left the club and we never had a chance to sit down before I left.”

Harrison, who is Central’s operations director and an advisor to the Sport Minister, also claimed that the 50 percent offer was only for knock out competitions. And he insisted that the Central board, which is run by SIS official Darren Mohamdally, will only offer $100,000 to the squad from the $1 million prize money.

Read More

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Deja vu...“I never said that,” said Sancho  That sounds like Jack 9 years ago

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I don't know that there was a false promise, but when things are done verbally there is way too much room for misunderstanding, ( e.g. 50% of league prize, not knock out ) Much better to have it spelled out on paper to protect the club as well as the players from this sort of thing.

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>