March 28, 2024, 02:39:45 AM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 170775 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Sharks: Central FC Thread
« on: July 25, 2012, 06:11:13 AM »
Sancho launches Central FC
Central FC Media

Brent Sancho today announced the formation of a new football club, Central F.C., which will be applying to join the T&T Pro League for the 2012/13 season.

“We’ve been working on this for several months now and we now believe that we can satisfy the Pro League’s requirements to compete in this season’s competition” said Sancho.

The new club will be based in the Central region and hope to spread their presence across the area.

“Our offices will be in California and we are now finalising our plans to secure training facilities, which we hope will be in Chaguanas, as well as Point Lisas. We will play our home games at Ato Boldon stadium, but we are also hoping to play a few games at community fields in Central.” said Sancho, who will be the club’s Managing Director.

“The last few months have been stressful, but we’re now at the exciting stage” said Operations Director, Kevin Harrison, who worked at North East Stars with Sancho for two years. “This is much harder than the relaunch of North East Stars. At North East, Daryl Mahabir already had a strong foundation in place, with a good reputation and the club had an 8 year history. With Central F.C., we’re starting from scratch.”

Sancho, a former 2006 World Cup defender said “When we had finally secured the required funding there was a moment of jubilation, then we looked at each other and realized that we had no players, no staff, no uniforms and no equipment. We thought we had accomplished the hardest part, but we soon realized that we hadn’t”

“It was important to us that the name of the club reflected the area that we will represent” said Harrison, “So Central F.C. was the obvious choice. The shark logo was selected to represent the areas’ links to the sea, as well as the Trini delicacy, bake ‘n’ shark.”

“We will be officially applying for Pro League membership this week” said Sancho “We have already had interest from several local players and some from overseas and we will be inviting players for pre season training in the next few days. But, of course, we would welcome any other players who would be interested.”

Sancho said he has already selected a coach, but would not be revealing his identity until contracts were finalised. “We spent nearly four hours discussing coaching philosophy and our vision for the club and I believe he has the ability to achieve our ambitions.” Sancho said that although the club wants to win trophies, the focus must be on building a strong foundation and implementing a management and football style that will become the driving force of the club. “We want to emulate the days of the Liverpool F.C. boot room, where not only great footballers were developed, but also great coaches.”

Sancho said that the club’s Assistant Coach will be Kevin Jeffrey. “Jeffers fully understands our vision and is developing into a very promising coach. He has a great rapport with players and his passion for the game is infectious. We fully believe that working alongside the Head Coach, Jeffers will benefit immensely.”   

Harrison said “Although we are confident that we have secured sufficient funding to satisfy the Pro League’s requirements, we are still approaching companies for sponsorship. We are planning an academy and, of course, we will be engaging in many community projects, with the first major event being Treat Her Like a Lady, which will raise funds for a woman’s charity. We will also be looking to partner with the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs and the Ministry of National Security on an anti crime project entitled Shoot Goals, Not Guns”

“We have been fortunate to witness first hand the fantastic work carried out by English football clubs working in the Kickz project, which has been proved to reduce crime by up to 39% in some areas. Kevin has many close links to people working in this project and we will be utilizing their experiences to help reduce crime in the Central region. We believe Shoot Goals Not Guns will really help to break down barriers between young people and the police”

“These are the kind of projects where we need local businesses to come on board, even if they don’t want to support football, but to make a change in their communities” added Harrison.

Sancho said the club will be holding a formal press conference once membership of the ProLeague has been confirmed. Anyone wishing to contact the club can do so by sending an email to kh.centralfc@gmail.com

« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 06:05:10 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho launches Central FC
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 08:06:16 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 08:25:50 AM »
Impressive !!!!!!!

I hope Skeene complies.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 08:43:33 AM »
Nice logo!

(Except for de oil rig ting. Dat outta place.)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 09:35:15 AM »
Nice logo!

No it's not, totally in place.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 09:38:43 AM »
Great logo
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 09:39:17 AM »
The shark logo was selected to represent the areas’ links to the sea, as well as the Trini delicacy, bake ‘n’ shark.”

This is quite a stretch... say nothing of the fact that the shark have ah carite tailfin lol

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 09:44:27 AM »
Nice logo!

No it's not, totally in place.
It really isn't.
You can't use simple, stylized illustration then throw in a random detailed photographic element and expect it to mesh. Not to mention de placement of it is awkward.
I suspect the designer did his thing and somebody insist he throw in something bout 'industry', so he say hold that.
I do this for a living. I know from whence I speak.
The rest of it is very good, though. Not trying to bring it down at all. One of the better PFL (maybe) logos out there.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 09:47:02 AM by Dinner Mints »

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 09:50:06 AM »
Now I know where the money from the VF Ladies Football Club sponsor went.

I must compliment Mr Sancho for this, finally a very good move, I hope he gets accpeted into the T&T league.

Let him know Mr Kevin, if he needs a string pull to get into the league fell free to contact Jack or Sam Phillips at Joe Public.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 09:59:20 AM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 09:57:49 AM »

I must complment Mr Sancho for this, finally a very god move, I hpe he gets accpeted into the T&T league.

let him know Mr Kevin, if h needs a string pull to get into the league fell free to contact Jack or Sam Phillips.

Damn, nothing gets past you, does it? I'm guessing that without that TT$48,000, Sancho would never have got the $400,000 entry fee or the $2 million annual budget. God bless America. And you're right about it being a "god move", coz you're mate Jack should know, that God don't sleep, ent?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 10:02:39 AM »
The shark logo was selected to represent the areas’ links to the sea, as well as the Trini delicacy, bake ‘n’ shark.”

This is quite a stretch... say nothing of the fact that the shark have ah carite tailfin lol

True, but there's not a lot of cultural symbols from Central. Sugar cane isn't very visual and the oil rigs have been used before. The industry image will only be used on the official logo, while the shark will be isolated and used on marketing/promotional items. We looked at several different designs, but this one was the more popular. However, we will be tweaking it, and the tailfin will be a definate change!  :beermug:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 10:18:43 AM »
A breath of fresh air.

Hope they don't end up like South End.

Good luck Brent.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 10:24:06 AM »
Congrats to FS and Sancho, hope the venture is successful...

Boss logo, but i also agree allyuh could leave out the outta timing oil rig.

Or if yuh really need it, it could be a big watermark or background image behind the main logo. jmo

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 10:36:50 AM »

Good move no doubt. 

It's in the early stages so Fan input is important and I expect some tweaking to take place.

One team gone, Another team surfaces.....PFL lives on

All the best :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 11:14:16 AM »

True, but there's not a lot of cultural symbols from Central. Sugar cane isn't very visual and the oil rigs have been used before. The industry image will only be used on the official logo, while the shark will be isolated and used on marketing/promotional items. We looked at several different designs, but this one was the more popular. However, we will be tweaking it, and the tailfin will be a definate change!  :beermug:

Ok cool... also agree with Dinner Mint's I observations about the clashing of the images and the placement of the rig. I like the idea of including something oil related but acknowledge the challenges in coming up with a logo. Also allyuh coulda  all de team de "Oilers" too.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 05:32:57 PM by Bakes »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 11:45:05 AM »

Ok cool... also agree with Fari's I observations about the clashing of the images and the placement of the rig. I like the idea of including something oil related but acknowledge the challenges in coming up with a logo. Also allyuh coulda  all de team de "Oilers" too.

LOL, I liked the Oilers, but we felt Sharks was more fearsome!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 11:49:32 AM »
I have a new team to support now .

war
Black Lives Matter..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 11:51:14 AM »
I have a new team to support now .

war
:beermug:  Our first Shark lol

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 12:03:43 PM »
congrats on the launch i look fwd to seeing u guys come up against cali this season
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 12:06:39 PM »
This is indeed a surprise to me. Good going. FS, are you part of this organization? If so, congrats and good luck. I do hope you all get full support from the central community. If I had known allyuh was going form a new team and wanted a name and logo, allyuh shouda pm meh!. I had ah name. Central Canecutters, with 2 cutlasses in ah X formation. Under the logo I would put "fear the pooyah". All the best fellahs. Ah still vex TTec and Jabloteh gone thru, though.

Bakes, I was thinking you had ah hand in this, but you acute detail in distinguishing between a shark tail and a carite tail made me think otherwise. But expect some pongin, if you namesake have rubber teeth or play like guppies.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 12:08:47 PM by Deeks »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 12:06:50 PM »
congrats on the launch i look fwd to seeing u guys come up against cali this season
   :nailbiting: :praying: :thinking: :challenge: :duel: :wavetowel: :beermug:

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 12:33:46 PM »
Coach selected already..Good!

So we know Coops leave the US, fly down dey, set up shop, talking to football people, FS and Coops have a "good" rapport

What ah getting at......

Is Coops the New Coach?  ;D

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 12:36:22 PM »
Coach selected already..Good!

So we know Coops leave the US, fly down dey, set up shop, talking to football people, FS and Coops have a "good" rapport

What ah getting at......

Is Coops the New Coach?  ;D

I can confirm that Coops isn't the new coach! However, there will be opportunities a little later in the youth development area, and if Coops is interested, I'm sure Sancho will be interested in discussing some options with him.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 12:44:02 PM »
trinidad too top down instead of bottoms up.

If you want to develop football put your money in Youth football.

of course there is no glory in it but the dividends will come in years.

A next pro league in a dead league why start with the end product

Start with the central FC u10 academy and then in 10 years join the pro league.

We too quick to reach the top, somebody has to lay the ground work, why not ex nationals who know the game and have international experience on how things are done correctly.

But focus 100% resources on the youth!

everybody putting the limited money into football at the Pro league level, by then it too late.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 01:17:21 PM »
trinidad too top down instead of bottoms up.

If you want to develop football put your money in Youth football.

of course there is no glory in it but the dividends will come in years.

A next pro league in a dead league why start with the end product

Start with the central FC u10 academy and then in 10 years join the pro league.

We too quick to reach the top, somebody has to lay the ground work, why not ex nationals who know the game and have international experience on how things are done correctly.

But focus 100% resources on the youth!

everybody putting the limited money into football at the Pro league level, by then it too late.

Good question. Unfortunately, sponsors will not put money into youth football, as is the case in every other country. (Ok, some do, but it's comparativly tiny compared to the senior team funding) The glamour is in the professionals. We can get water, even uniforms, but who pays the wages?

By starting with a professional club, we can build profile, develop a fan base and use the coaches and players to help develop youngsters. As an example, North East would not invest in Angus Eve just to run an academy, but I have no doubt that Angus will spend a lot of time coaching youngsters when he's not coaching the first team.

Both Sancho and Jeffrey are ex national players.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 02:23:26 PM »
but there is no glamour in our Pro league , stands empty for days........

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 04:42:45 PM »

Bakes, I was thinking you had ah hand in this, but you acute detail in distinguishing between a shark tail and a carite tail made me think otherwise. But expect some pongin, if you namesake have rubber teeth or play like guppies.

I was about to start organizing ah boycott on behalf of 'bakes' everywhere... only shark getting props and we supposed to be in this ting together, lol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 04:50:53 PM »

I was about to start organizing ah boycott on behalf of 'bakes' everywhere... only shark getting props and we supposed to be in this ting together, lol

:rotfl: 

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 05:37:03 PM »

Ah trying hard to ignore yuh dese day eh....but ah cyar pass this up.  By chance, yuh know where the millions from 2005 - 2006 gone??  When yuh buss dat mark den we goh take yuh seriously..... ::) ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2012, 10:03:45 PM »
In case anyone here is interested or may know someone who is ......

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Newly formed professional football club is seeking an energetic, commit ed person for the role of club secretary/marketing assistant.

The position will involve general secretarial work, managing the club website, facebook and twitter accounts and assisting with marketing, promotions and community projects.

The applicant should have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and an understanding of social networking sites and website management..

They should be a team player, yet able to work on their own volition, and have a polite and positive attitude. Working hours will be variable.

Please email a c.v. to kh.centralfc@gmail.com

1]; } ?>