March 28, 2024, 10:41:30 AM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 170805 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho launches Central FC
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2012, 08:10:32 AM »
CONGRATS and all yuh in my neck of d woods.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2012, 09:31:34 AM »
In case anyone here is interested or may know someone who is ......

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Newly formed professional football club is seeking an energetic, commit ed person for the role of club secretary/marketing assistant.

The position will involve general secretarial work, managing the club website, facebook and twitter accounts and assisting with marketing, promotions and community projects.

The applicant should have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and an understanding of social networking sites and website management..

They should be a team player, yet able to work on their own volition, and have a polite and positive attitude. Working hours will be variable.

Please email a c.v. to kh.centralfc@gmail.com

What... big secretary work.  Too bad West Coast not arung anymore.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2012, 12:13:52 PM »
...Not one comment on this development addresses the fact that in a "professional" league someone could just announce a new team days prior to the new season beginning and have every chance of being accepted. If the TTFF ran the Super League like that every soca warriors online member would condemn them for running slip-shod operation. TTFF again!
How could the TT Pro League be taken seriously when the only requirement for entry is cash in hand. Nothing about established organization and structure. No need to demonstrate footballing merit or to qualify. Indeed, you ain't even bound to have staff and players yet. BUT, this new team will be welcomed with open arms by a "professional" league that is desperate for the oxygen of fresh cash and new members. We say it all the time but ONLY in sweet TNT. This could never happen in MLS, Central America or anywhere they take football seriously...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:22:26 PM by president »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2012, 12:26:00 PM »
...Not one comment on this development addresses the fact that in a "professional" league someone could just announce a new team days prior to the new season beginning and have every chance of being accepted. If the TTFF ran the Super League like that every soca warriors online member would condemn them for running slip-shod operation. TTFF again!
How could the TT Pro League be taken seriously when the only requirement for entry is cash in hand. Nothing about established organization and structure. No need to demonstrate footballing merit or to qualify. Indeed, you ain't even bound to have staff and players yet. BUT, this new team will be welcomed with open arms by a "professional" league that is desperate for the oxygen of fresh cash. We say it all the time but ONLY in sweet TNT. This could never happen in MLS, Central America or anywhere they take football seriously...

I not even going to comment on this AGAIN.When yuh listen to Skeene and de other clubs in their press conferences,they all talk about marketing.I have ONE question before we reach de timing of a new club entering and de marketing dat the league and its teams talk about.This league SUPPOSE to start in August,are the schedules out yet? 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2012, 12:54:48 PM »
This league SUPPOSE to start in August,are the schedules out yet? 

Cool yuhself. What is de rush? It have plenty time still.  ;)
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2012, 09:50:00 PM »
How could the TT Pro League be taken seriously when the only requirement for entry is cash in hand. Nothing about established organization and structure. No need to demonstrate footballing merit or to qualify. Indeed, you ain't even bound to have staff and players yet. BUT, this new team will be welcomed with open arms by a "professional" league that is desperate for the oxygen of fresh cash and new members. We say it all the time but ONLY in sweet TNT. This could never happen in MLS, Central America or anywhere they take football seriously...

You have some very good points, Mr President!

However, I will say in defence of Central F.C. that this is the current system, be it right or wrong, and this is what we have to work with.

To be fair, there are many more criteria than just cash, but cash is the hardest to obtain! Hence the reason why it's taken this long to apply for membership. You can't just send a text saying "Yo Dexter, we got de cheese", there has to be proof, guarantees, budgets, marketing plans, youth development plans etc.

Now, I'm damn sure that most of the Pro League clubs didn't have to do this, but they are the owners of the league, and quite rightly, they want to improve the fabric of professional football. This should actually meet every football fans approval. They want to ensure that a team finishes the season, that players will get paid and that the club buys into the concept of promoting the league and integrating with their community.

Again, you can argue that this is not being done well, but you can only improve something by raising the standards.

And yes, in countries with established league systems, this couldn't happen, although the morphing of Wimbledon F.C. into M.K.Dons was pretty close. But we have a developing league that not only needs numbers, but also fresh ideas and energy. I believe that most people will see what was achieved at North East Stars and will agree that Central F.C. can go further. In fact, it's heartening to see how North East have continued with their marketing and community work.

As for demonstrating footballing merit, I admit there are clubs like Westside who may deserve Pro League football. But football, if it is to progress in T&T and the Caribbean as a whole, must first be a business. And the litmus test is to go out and convince corporate T&T to invest over $2 million in a sport that is not supported by the citizens. Then you can concentrate on the football. And the only real source of profit is youth development. 95% of professional football clubs sell to survive and we must do the same. The bi product of this is that the majority of your youth players will play for your club with your philosophy.

It is only natural that some football fans will be cynical. However, that cynicism can be part of the reason that T&T football is failing. Everyone complains about the ProLeague, but maybe this could be the start of a football revolution. And I don't mean that Central F.C. have all the answers, but they may just inspire other investors in football.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2012, 05:23:16 AM »
...FS, with due respect, you make a very good theoretical argument that TTFF supporters could readily use - "Da is de system we have so leh we doh rock de boat. Jest go with the flow". 
No club should be accepted into any league days prior to kick-off because they have - A PLAN! Remember, the big noise about Queen's Park FC? We know how that went. Given what I have read in the press, Central FC has a coach and an assistant coach. Nada mas. And on that basis they wish to be, and probably will be, accepted into a "professional" league?
You have it all wrong my friend. What will convince any potential commercial partner to join forces with any club is not marketing plans and strategic plans. It's success on the field and a meaningful fan base. I am tired of hearing about the plans and plans and plans of the TTPL and its clubs. Remember KFC Memphis? They were among the very first local clubs to have a "big" sponsor. They didn't have a marketing plan, strategic plan, PR plan, or any kind of plan. They just won matches and Arima went with them.
But back to the central issue. The TTPL is on life support and cannot be taken seriously. The member clubs are not truly interested in a PROFESSIONAL approach. How many of them try to sell a ticket? How many of them are looking to develop a viable home venue? How many of them look to sell club merchandise? How many of them are looking to sell a player abroad for meaningful money?
The top just keeps spinning in the mud...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2012, 06:22:51 AM »
Marebella Flames had a problem getting into the pro league and they had all the requirements or at least that is what I was told by the Club owner, lets hope Central FC does not run into the same.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2012, 08:01:05 AM »
President, it's good to have a meaningful debate on this subject. However, it will always come down to opinion. A lot of what you say makes sense in other countries, but not necessarily here.

One of the founding concepts of Central F.C. is most certainly to "rock de boat".

Who was it that said (and I'm paraphrasing) "doing the same thing time after time and failing is the first sign of madness"

Some clubs are starting to change their ways and Corporate T&T is slowly looking at the ProLeague.

Look how much money DIRECTV have invested over the last 3 years. Smaller companies like Cher-Mere now like to support community events.

Last season Caledonia produced a match day programme. Caledonia replica shirts are on sale in Arima. W.Connection are offering an all inclusive match. Pro League introduced Cooler Fridays and double headers. North East distributed free match tickets and free entry for schoolkids. ProLeagues facebook page is innovative and very active. Wi Sports televises recorded matches all week.

Central F.C. will have match day lotteries.

Things are improving. Slowly, yes, but as ideas work at one club, others will be inspired.

All I can say in response to this statement "You have it all wrong my friend. What will convince any potential commercial partner to join forces with any club is not marketing plans and strategic plans." is that I have factual proof to the contrary.

DIRECTV invested over $500,000 per year before North East had a full team or even new uniforms. Toyota and Carib also came on board. And Central F.C. is further proof.

In my experience of T&T corporate investment in football is that initially, businessmen are staying clear of the ProLeague. One of the main reasons is lack of profile and therefore knowledge. They also want to see a return for their money, not in $ but in brand awareness. Most are not interested in local football from a business point of view.

Regarding home venues, as I have said before, unless you have access to several million dollars over and above your season budget, how do you propose to develop a home stadium? Even using a community field is impossible as the surface is not protected. I remember training on Arima Velodrome and spending over an hour with 3 of us picking up broken bottles etc from the field as there was a fete the day before.
A stadium, or even just a field, also needs a business plan, so that the funding can be repaid.

Finally, regarding the sale of overseas players. Without academy's this will always be a problem. Footballers in T&T are just not professional enough. First impressions always count, unless you have exceptional talent. Many T&T players walk and speak like gangstas, can't use a knife and fork, have very poor diets and suffer from reality checks when they realise that being a top school player in T&T means nothing overseas. I met a very good young guy and I couldn't understand a word he said. He had never had a conversation with a white man before and believed that everyone in England was rich. When I told him that 16 year old trainees in UK clean boots, he said he would never do that.

Academies are not just about football, they're about education, discipline and developing the individual and preparing them for professional life, either here or overseas. They should aim to produce a better citizen first, then a better footballer. One of the biggest failures of ALL T&T governments is the lack of investment in an academy. The Centre of Excellence is a perfect location and could have been leased by Ministry of Sport for this purpose. With millions of dollars missing or misspent after 2006, this, unfortunately, is the real 2006 legacy of TTFF, MSYA and the citizens. A massive wasted opportunity and a lost generation.

Central F.C. will attempt to build a football factory. People will criticise that as a money making machine, but the sale of players overseas pays for the development of those who stay in T&T. There will be better players for the national team and better players for the ProLeague, as well as some who will earn scholarships to USA. But again, first it is a business with a 5 year plan. And it will take 5 years to become sustainable.

With respect, this is not theoretical, it is based on facts and statistics. As long as the sponsors continue to see improvement, there will be success at some level. We can't guarantee trophies. No team can, not even Man U or Chelsea. We can't guarantee thousands of supporters. But we can project certain results based on statistical analysis. All of our projections are ultra conservative. None of them predict a CONCACAF championship or uncovering a Kenwyne Jones.

At this time, maybe to some it doesn't seem fair that we can buy our way into the ProLeague. My argument is that all of those "more deserving" teams out there can do exactly what we have. But they haven't because they do not know how, and will fail not on the field but in the boardroom. That cannot help them or T&T football.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 08:04:17 AM by Football supporter »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2012, 09:19:30 AM »
FS I get what you saying brother. For people who live in reality such a situations can be understood. In these situation you have to work with what is, before you can change to what you want it to be.

The EPL did not start as it is today and had to(even up to recent times) make changes and adjustments as they go. A major problem with T&T society is the want to be at the same level of countries who are hundreds of years ahead of us. We have to start accepting who we are and then work from there.

Go strong FS
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2012, 09:49:01 AM »
We still have more than a month before de league kicks off and you say they need more time ?

I think that is enough time, yeh, it close, but its not that bad.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2012, 12:21:42 PM »
best of luck luck with the venture! it would be nice to see some dust getting kicked up in the pro-league.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2012, 04:28:25 PM »
good luck...help some kids ( for now)
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline ragga

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2012, 05:14:30 PM »
Nice move!
Big up to all involved in making it happen.
This can shape Central - Couva/California/Savonetta/Chagunas into the "Mecca" of Football in TnT (use to be deep south (Point F) in the past).
Ah looking for the the 1st "true academy" to launch from these parts.
Jah guidance !!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2012, 01:49:44 PM »
FS I get what you saying brother. For people who live in reality such a situations can be understood. In these situation you have to work with what is, before you can change to what you want it to be.

The EPL did not start as it is today and had to(even up to recent times) make changes and adjustments as they go. A major problem with T&T society is the want to be at the same level of countries who are hundreds of years ahead of us. We have to start accepting who we are and then work from there.

Go strong FS

Before you know where you want to arrive at, you have to know where you are now. We have stop kidding ourselves and look at what we have today.

There is no recognised structure for a talented 8 year old to follow. No pathway of progression. No support and development system.

As was noted by President, you can simply form a team and join the ProLeague. That can't be right. But that's what we have.

Central FC will not change T&T football. They will not be football's equivalent of the second coming. But they will attempt to make changes, small changes, that will move football forward.

Some old time soldier said something like "The scariest part of being in command is that you lead a full on charge at the enemy and look round to see nobody is following you."  It doesn't matter how good your ideas are, if the other clubs don't embrace change, football won't change.

Everyone is complaining about the state of our football. Central FC may not be to everyones taste and certainly some people will take offence to some of their ideas. But those same people want change and you can't expect some kind of Utopian revolution.

This country can sustain a 10 club professional league. Many SuperLeague clubs like Santa Rosa deserve to play professional football. Tobago most definitely should be represented.

The only thing stopping them is money. To get the money, you have to employ full time staff. You can't employ full time staff without money! So Catch 22.

The only way is to secure a sponsor with vision who understands that before players, uniforms, even footballs, a club needs professional management. Put it this way. If you invented a revolutionary new device, would your first employees be factory workers, janitors, delivery drivers, or would you want a financial whizz who can secure your venture funding?

The problem, as in every country, is that businessmen aren't prepared to invest. Companies want to give you product instead of money.
You think Carlsberg paid Liverpool in beer for shirt sponsorship. Did Continental just give UEFA tyres for sponsoring the Champions League?

If Shaq was a Trini, he probably would have asked for TT$25,000 to promote Hoops Of Life. We have to up our game. Not get greedy, but start selling something which provides value for a fair price. If you ask for crumbs, you get crumbs. Clubs have to stop talking to brand managers and start talking to the owners. Easier said than done. But these people are surprisingly receptive once you can meet them.

This, to me, is a key role of the Minister of Sport. Connect the clubs to the big fish. Once the clubs meet these people, it's up to them to offer something of value. The best will succeed, and the others will fail. But I bet we could all name 10 massive companies who don't support football. One per club, and football could develop ex potentially. Imagine if Bhagwansinghs sponsored Santa Rosa? If Prestige Holdings sponsored Westside? If Ansa McColl sponsored Tobago? If BPTT had sponsored South End?

But, we mustn't put Jabloteh/CLICO as an example. I don't know the level of investment by CLICO, but it certainly gave Jabloteh an edge. However, it all appears to have gone onto the field. There should have been a CLICO stadium in San Juan. A CLICO academy. And there should have been other substantial sponsors.

I apologise....I didn't mean to write this much!!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 01:51:36 PM by Football supporter »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2012, 07:36:18 PM »
"Academies are not just about football, they're about education, discipline and developing the individual and preparing them for professional life, either here or overseas. They should aim to produce a better citizen first, then a better footballer. One of the biggest failures of ALL T&T governments is the lack of investment in an academy it's future"

I have ben saying this since we on here, but for I slight adjustment...Unfortunately some ppl think if you want yuh ppl to arrive at another higher level of development, then we need to build a rocket, and get the hell outta here...it almost like the tower of babel syndrome

for what's it's worth, I'm with you guys, don't like switching up all the time, thought I was with you with North East, anyway, informed is to be armed
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 07:38:06 PM by maxg »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2012, 08:31:01 PM »
"Academies are not just about football, they're about education, discipline and developing the individual and preparing them for professional life, either here or overseas. They should aim to produce a better citizen first, then a better footballer. One of the biggest failures of ALL T&T governments is the lack of investment in an academy it's future"

I have ben saying this since we on here, but for I slight adjustment...Unfortunately some ppl think if you want yuh ppl to arrive at another higher level of development, then we need to build a rocket, and get the hell outta here...it almost like the tower of babel syndrome

for what's it's worth, I'm with you guys, don't like switching up all the time, thought I was with you with North East, anyway, informed is to be armed

:beermug:

We thought North East was with us!!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2012, 09:01:43 PM »
Best of luck to Sancho, FS and crew. Brave, adventurous move by them that could really have a good impact. Good testing of the waters by responding to some of the criticisms here on the forum. This kind of hunger to succeed and try some fresh new management philosophy cannot be stopped especially in the wake of the legacy of damage done by Jackulito. There is hope.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2012, 12:57:23 AM »
Central FC to submit documents today.
By STEPHON NICHOLAS.

Central FC are expected to submit their final set of documents to officials of the Digicel Pro League today as they seek to join the league for the 2012/2012 season. Speaking with Newsday yesterday, Brent Sancho, Managing Director, Central FC, revealed that several high profile meetings were held yesterday and by today all things requested by the league should be handed over.

Sancho, a member of the historic Soca Warriors team that qualified for the World Cup in 2006, noted that he is very optimistic that “The Sharks” will get the nod. He is hoping, however, that Pro League officials treat their request with utmost urgency to give them enough time to prepare as the league is tentatively set to open on August 13.

The former national player believes that with just seven clubs comprising the league, it is a good sign for local football that a club wants to be a part of professional football.

“I feel we’ve met all the criteria and expect it (being granted approval) to be a bit of a formality. It would be a good boost to the league because with all the clubs that have been dropping out, it’s good that one wants to join,” he declared.

Meanwhile, the ex-TT defender said that the club has already held talks with a well-known foreign coach to take charge of the team.

“We’ve also ventured into getting a high profile coach. He’s a former Chelsea player and England international and knows a lot of good players that have fell off (the arena),” he continued.

Sancho noted as well that with the current economic climate, his club is placing great emphasis on what goes on off the pitch as well.

“Our aspirations on the pitch is not winning everything this year if we get in. We have a short term, medium term and long term plan. We will concentrate on the business aspect which would give us the impetus to go forward. The club must be financially viable as well,” he said.

The former Dundee player also delved into the plan the club has to strengthen their ties within the community. “We really want to get involved because what drew investors to us in the first place was our plan for the community.

We had some meeting with a particular school where we plan to house our training facility. We want this school to be part of our programme because both parties want to achieve the same thing in Chaguanas,” he continued.

Sancho noted that the Central area is rich with talent and is hoping they can feed “The Sharks” so they can be a force to be reckoned with in the future.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 03:38:02 AM by Flex »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2012, 03:54:17 PM »
There's just something dissonant about a non-coastal team being named "the Sharks".  For Sancho and them sake they better hope the team don't end up being a fish out of water.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2012, 04:02:53 PM »
Yah vex dey take yah name   ;)
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2012, 04:24:39 PM »
Yah vex dey take yah name   ;)

I dun tell FS dat me and de rest ah 'bakes' de world over boycotting... we supposed tuh be in this thing together.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »
Coach selected already..Good!

So we know Coops leave the US, fly down dey, set up shop, talking to football people, FS and Coops have a "good" rapport

What ah getting at......

Is Coops the New Coach?  ;D

Updates on Coops.
         Yes Coops is home and still in the process of settleing down and getting myself organized,i eh even unpack yet.
        The word is getting around that i'm in the country and have made a few contacts with very interesting people,i've had a few invitations to meet with various teams,groups,orgainsations etc etc just to talk and give words of wisdom,share my experiences,give some hope Football will be better one day etc etc
        One of the best invitations i've gotten so far was for a physical training course Defence Force has going on at UWI,the have about 70 students some all the services plus Jamaica,Guyana,Barbados etc i was able to share a bit of my knowledge and experiences with them,afterwards they said is was one of the best session they had so far.
        I came home and so far i'm just listening to everybody,i've not gotten any offers because i don't want to commit myself to anyone,i've promise i'm going to take my time and get involve if necessary with something i can handle,to be honest i don't know enough to get involved.
        I don't have transport so i'm a bit restricted where my movements are concerned,i've been to Santa Cruz and witness one of the games in the Minor league they have there,it was between two of the best teams Carenage and Pipiol,i must say the standard was good i really enjoyed a good game,nice crowd,good people everybody in the village remembered Coops so i spoke to the players afterwards,i was able to meet with Angus Eve at the game we talked for a few minuites.
       I have not been to any of the U17 games but watch the tournament on TV,i now see why people not attending Football games,the standard is poor nothing to exit anybody.
       I was invited to attend a meeting of the Veteran Footballers Association on Sunday at Paragon Sports Club in Cocorite,it brought back so much memories why i me with Footballers i have not seen in decades,it was my first meeting and i spend most of my time meeting everyone,while i don't want to spend time mentioning who i met.
       I must mention this person because it was my biggest surprise,i must say i was honored to have met the honorable Brown Sugar,she just walked up to me and asked if i was Kenwyn Cooper,if i knew who she was,i could not believe who was standing in front of me,we had so many little battles on here but is someone i always respected and i want to say to her i appreciate her freindship,she was the only woman a that meeting,said the pray to open the meeting etc etc the woman real.
      All i want to say to you all,yes Coops home now and things going to have but i have to take my time,i've been talking with important people in the game not about Football but trying to initiate contacts,i like the Sports Camps going on in the country i'm very impressed with it,the only thing is they have to get more qualified people to run them,coaches just doing their own thing when the day come but the idea is good.                   

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2012, 04:57:25 PM »
There's just something dissonant about a non-coastal team being named "the Sharks".  For Sancho and them sake they better hope the team don't end up being a fish out of water.
       Why can't they just go with Central FC or Chaguanas Utd etc something just don't sound right with these names Football teams are adopting in T&T,we keep talking about going back to communities but still calling teams Sharks etc etc 

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2012, 05:00:01 PM »
Coops, glad to hear from you and leave Brownsugar, she is mines....

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2012, 05:00:16 PM »

I'm not really sure about this whole Central thing. I understood that Central encompassed Chaguanas, Caroni, Couva, California. People have taken me "down Central" to the Temple in the Sea and Chaguanas is on the coast. From Gilbert Park you can see the industrial park which is on the coast. Now, I understand that technically Central runs from East to West and should be in the centre of Trinidad, and include places like Piarco and St Helena, but it doesn't seem so! More confusing is when people say they're going up East, but only go to Curepe or Tunapuna. And Joe Public play in Macoya but are called Eastern Lions (I've never seen a lion in T&T either!) Now surely Curepe and Macoya are Central as they're between East And West? And Sangre Grande is North East, but its really East while Toco is actually North East. Go figure!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2012, 05:47:50 PM »
I wonder if it's a case of trying to be too inclusive of as many in a community as possible. But that might hurt more than help.

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2012, 06:40:35 PM »
I wonder if it's a case of trying to be too inclusive of as many in a community as possible. But that might hurt more than help.

Possibly. But I believe that the current school of thought is that in order to bond with supporters, the club should identify itself by the area it represents. I think West Central may be more accurate, but then it may exclude area like Caroni etc. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2012, 12:29:33 AM »
I'm not really sure about this whole Central thing. I understood that Central encompassed Chaguanas, Caroni, Couva, California. People have taken me "down Central" to the Temple in the Sea and Chaguanas is on the coast. From Gilbert Park you can see the industrial park which is on the coast. Now, I understand that technically Central runs from East to West and should be in the centre of Trinidad, and include places like Piarco and St Helena, but it doesn't seem so! More confusing is when people say they're going up East, but only go to Curepe or Tunapuna. And Joe Public play in Macoya but are called Eastern Lions (I've never seen a lion in T&T either!) Now surely Curepe and Macoya are Central as they're between East And West? And Sangre Grande is North East, but its really East while Toco is actually North East. Go figure!

Hey, it was an observation not necessarily a criticism, but if my observation forcing yuh into all dem mental gymnastics just to justify the name then free up. 

Why can't they just go with Central FC or Chaguanas Utd etc something just don't sound right with these names Football teams are adopting in T&T,we keep talking about going back to communities but still calling teams Sharks etc etc 
Coop's because "FC Blanchisseusse" cyah fit on ah ball cyap, and de "Fighting Boibandes" as ah mascot might send de wrong message  ;D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:35:05 AM by Bakes »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2012, 06:07:57 AM »
         :beermug: :beermug:                     

1]; } ?>