March 29, 2024, 07:30:56 AM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 170885 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho launches Central FC
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2012, 08:06:57 AM »
There's just something dissonant about a non-coastal team being named "the Sharks".  For Sancho and them sake they better hope the team don't end up being a fish out of water.
       Why can't they just go with Central FC or Chaguanas Utd etc something just don't sound right with these names Football teams are adopting in T&T,we keep talking about going back to communities but still calling teams Sharks etc etc 

Coops...The team is called Central F.C. precisely to identify with it's community. Sharks is a nickname. Like Joe Public are Eastern Lions, Arsenal are the Gunners, Man Utd are the Red Devils. It gives you more branding and marketing opportunities. We looked at more traditional club badges, but we decided we should go with a logo as it is more instantly recognisable.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2012, 03:15:49 PM »
There's just something dissonant about a non-coastal team being named "the Sharks".  For Sancho and them sake they better hope the team don't end up being a fish out of water.
       Why can't they just go with Central FC or Chaguanas Utd etc something just don't sound right with these names Football teams are adopting in T&T,we keep talking about going back to communities but still calling teams Sharks etc etc 

Coops...The team is called Central F.C. precisely to identify with it's community. Sharks is a nickname. Like Joe Public are Eastern Lions, Arsenal are the Gunners, Man Utd are the Red Devils. It gives you more branding and marketing opportunities. We looked at more traditional club badges, but we decided we should go with a logo as it is more instantly recognisable.
     That sounds quite reasonable,i now understand.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2012, 05:49:59 PM »
Team names can be be a hit and miss situation. Some community team name are quite expansive, while others are restrictive. When you say Point, to me it means the whole southwest peninsula(you might include LaBrea, Chatham, Bonaase, Cape de ville,Granville, even Icacos).  Palo Seco(Los bajos, San francique, Buenos Ayres, and probably Morene Diablo). Fyzabad(Siparia?? Penal, Pluck, probably Debe).

It maybe easier for closer communities to align together. I think Rangers should call themselves POS or QPS Rangers. Be a bit more inclusive and really spread their wings.  They are the only non-gov't POS team in the pro-league. They will not lose their St. Ann identity. people already know they from where the asylum is. For  Jabloteh, they had El Socorro, Aranquez, Mt Lambert, Santa Cruz, La Canoa, etc.  Teams from PaPierre to La Romain could call themselves Sando or San Fernando or even Naparima, and  it will be still inclusive.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2012, 06:04:40 PM »
This is a good business head, Sancho and Jeffrey are from North why would they go central.

This is a great business Sancho invested in.

He went to central where all the Indians live, get them involved and businesses will sponsor his team.

The name is perfect because it covers all of central.

All Sancho have to do now is sign a few Indian footballers, like Under 17 players, Kishun Seecharan, Jarred Dass and loan Stephon Seepersad from W Connection.

He could also try and sign Jevaughn Vance, Garvin Samaroo, Javed Mohammed, Michael Lee Celestine and Jason Boodram.

Qwesi Weston is another top keeper from Shiva Boys.

He could also get Flex Mohammed, Rajesh Latchoo and Bobby Sookram to be part of the staff and show some diversity to attract sponsors.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2012, 09:13:26 AM »
Jack Horner is ah kicks man we, I feel Sancho drop some prick on he gal, he always on Sancho case...

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2012, 08:30:56 PM »
First Central F.C. training session tomorrow morning at Presentation College. They are hoping to receive official acceptance to Pro League by Tuesday.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2012, 05:46:16 AM »
First Central F.C. training session tomorrow morning at Presentation College. They are hoping to receive official acceptance to Pro League by Tuesday.

Central FC training   :rotfl: :rotfl:

Tell Sancho that Joe Public will gladly play him a preseason game.

I cant wait to see Central FC team, I want to laugh until my belly hurt me.

I saw Hayden Tinto training with them, let Sancho know he is currently a Joe Public player.

I like the name Central FC, I could dig that, but the SHARKS is one stupid name, that sounding like a Hockey or Baseball team.

The Sharks !!   :rotfl: :rotfl:

Guys, watchout the Sharks are coming.

Imagine, their mascot, a Shark in a aquarium running up and down the field.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

My belly already hurting me..

« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 06:15:57 AM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2012, 06:42:58 AM »

Central FC training   :rotfl: :rotfl:

Tell Sancho that Joe Public will gladly play him a preseason game.

I cant wait to see Central FC team, I want to laugh until my belly hurt me.

I saw Hayden Tinto training with them, let Sancho know he is currently a Joe Public player.

I like the name Central FC, I could dig that, but the SHARKS is one stupid name, that sounding like a Hockey or Baseball team.

The Sharks !!   :rotfl: :rotfl:

Guys, watchout the Sharks are coming.

Imagine, their mascot, a Shark in a aquarium running up and down the field.

My belly already hurting me..

LOL @ Sharks.  Totally stupid name. Guess they couldn't think of a decent name like Eastern Lions. Coz everyday I see Lions in Trinidad. A real Trini connection there. And Public so stupid they think Macoya is in the East. Better buy Mr Warner a map of T&T. Thats a real lesson in how to identify with your community. Better off calling them Dickhead City F.C.  I actually feel really sorry for Joe Public fans now that Mr Warner can't afford to run a Pro League team :rotfl:

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2012, 09:54:59 AM »
Sorry I did not know it had sharks in central or even beaches.

Can't remember see any swimming around Trinidad either.

How is Tinto and Wolfe doing in training.

Warner can't afford something......   :rotfl:

Wake up buddy, this is not Sancho we talking about here.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 09:56:50 AM by Jack Horner »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2012, 11:10:46 AM »
Sorry I did not know it had sharks in central or even beaches.

Can't remember see any swimming around Trinidad either.

How is Tinto and Wolfe doing in training.

Warner can't afford something......   :rotfl:

Wake up buddy, this is not Sancho we talking about here.

All joking aside mate, you either can't read the papers or you just don't know Trinidad.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Headless_body_with_shark_bites_found_floating_-164972436.html

Ask Daddy to give you $6 to go to Chaguanas. I believe he's the next ex MP there.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2012, 11:22:05 AM »
It don't have sharks in central but they have plenty cascado, maybe Sancho could call his team The Cascados.

:rotfl:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2012, 11:47:15 AM »
It don't have sharks in central but they have plenty cascado, maybe Sancho could call his team The Cascados.

Good idea. And of course there are no lions in Trinidad so maybe Daddy can change Joe Public to Eastern Liars?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2012, 12:05:49 PM »

wha happen horner, like you catch a glad this morning. What's in a name. Nothing and everything. The team is playing in Central. It is an inclusive team. From the interior Chaguanas, Couva to the coast, California. There are many fisherman from central and they catch shark occasionally. I said occasionally because it has been depleting over the years. So what if they want to call themselves the Sharks. Ask your father why he call his team the lions. Ask Shabazz why AIA nickname is the stallions. When was the last time you see a horse in Morvant? look leave we alone, nah!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2012, 12:25:31 PM »

wha happen horner, like you catch a glad this morning. What's in a name. Nothing and everything. The team is playing in Central. It is an inclusive team. From the interior Chaguanas, Couva to the coast, California. There are many fisherman from central and they catch shark occasionally. I said occasionally because it has been depleting over the years. So what if they want to call themselves the Sharks. Ask your father why he call his team the lions. Ask Shabazz why AIA nickname is the stallions. When was the last time you see a horse in Morvant? look leave we alone, nah!

Niceness....however, rumour has it that you can buy horse in Morvant if you know the right guys lol

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2012, 12:28:58 PM »
Jack Horner is ah kicks man we, I feel Sancho drop some prick on he gal, he always on Sancho case...

We need an emoticon fuh spitting out or almost spitting out ah beverage. Sam, yuh ketch meh wid dat.  ;D

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Central FC Training
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2012, 05:03:55 AM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2012, 06:16:26 AM »
How that ground looking like goat just graze on it, they training in Jamaica ?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2012, 02:33:06 PM »
The ground is perfect for developing good ball control.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2012, 03:21:58 PM »
All ole talk aside... good luck with this venture fellas, I sure that community needs and will benefit from the presence/representation of the team  :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2012, 03:36:09 PM »
All ole talk aside... good luck with this venture fellas, I sure that community needs and will benefit from the presence/representation of the team  :beermug:

I agree!

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2012, 05:03:07 PM »
Managed to make it to the central fc training and got a bit of an inside scoop in the set up etc

These are just some of my observations

Professionalism is scary. We live in an era where the professional footballer is unaccustomed to professionalism...a large portion of the team were gobsmacked by the set up and uniforms etc so we hope that this should inspire them
The core of the team seems skilful on the ball which is a good plus. It seems Sancho has used his knowledge of the football fraternity in Trinidad to get some good talent on the ball. However with a team now being put together and with little or no pro league experience amongst the ranks I’m not sure what the on field experience is going to be like if a game was to b played tomorrow
There is an uphill battle on getting a team into the pro league. There is almost little or no co operation from the league itself on what you might need to properly enter. Because they seem to be accustomed to a culture of unprofessionalism as well the pro league staff appears a bit dismissive when faced with club owners.
Finances are a headache from deciding on player packages, coaching perks, player and coach accommodation I have no idea how they going to pull it off and all while waiting to hear if they even a part of the league.

In all the idea behind central fc is excellent but without word on their league status and what to me is a short preparation time for preseason.........we could be in for a bit of a rough ride
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2012, 06:25:29 PM »
what i'm trying to understand here is,this league in operation 10 plus yrs,isn't there some criteria or system in place for teams wanting to join the Pro league?

How teams who already there got in?how teams who already there stays in?how teams who was there left? I am sure everybody associated with Pro league Football  knows how to get in the Pro League,i can't undersatnd what the problem is.

In a nutschell from what i understand is once you have the money you can get in the League,the problem i feel is everybody afraid of Sancho end of text,nobody wants to have to deal with the guy,they will look for anything to keep clear of him. 

truetrini

« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2012, 07:36:31 PM »
what i'm trying to understand here is,this league in operation 10 plus yrs,isn't there some criteria or system in place for teams wanting to join the Pro league?

How teams who already there got in?how teams who already there stays in?how teams who was there left? I am sure everybody associated with Pro league Football  knows how to get in the Pro League,i can't undersatnd what the problem is.

In a nutschell from what i understand is once you have the money you can get in the League,the problem i feel is everybody afraid of Sancho end of text,nobody wants to have to deal with the guy,they will look for anything to keep clear of him. 

Sancho is Jack warner or what?

Why people fraid he, I know him and he real cool, calm and nice...

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2012, 07:54:41 PM »
...Listen to Coops: "what i'm trying to understand here is,this league in operation 10 plus yrs,isn't there some criteria or system in place for teams wanting to join the Pro league? How teams who already there got in?how teams who already there stays in?how teams who was there left? I am sure everybody associated with Pro league Football  knows how to get in the Pro League,i can't undersatnd what the problem is. In a nutschell from what i understand is once you have the money you can get in the League"...

Bring your cash and come. THAT is the ONLY criterion for entry. Over the years we have seen teams come last for donkey years and remain in membership. Teams pulling in a school or some youth side to masquerade as their "development programme". Teams wet their foot and jump in for a year or two and then disappear. I could go on. Nothing personal - but this is glorified minor league business and the "Pro" League is grasping at a straw here, the professional consequences be damned. I repeat this could never happen in MLS, Central America, or anywhere football is taken seriously. Coops - you right...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2012, 08:02:35 PM »
I don't know Sancho personally. The thing is,  this socalled "fear of Sancho" is nothing more than the staus quo being pissed that the footballers not toe-ing the line. He just going against the grain. He is not perfect. Everything he do will not be right. A lot of people want to see him fail, so that they can use him as target practice. " Don't study Sancho. He is a loud mouth and a failure". These are the same people who have football in the doldrums. I would like to see pro-football follow a professional structure like foreign. But the way this country running that eh happening now. The MLS is not that perfect. Yes they are cautionary league. They have learned a lot from the old NASl. But American sport culture is to move where the money is and who could give you a better deal. Right now, DC United is in a sort of limbo. Money is not so much a factor in this case. It is about a new facility. If they get a good offer from a surounding district(maybe Baltimore), they gone.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 08:09:42 PM by Deeks »

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2012, 08:09:29 PM »
...But the TTFF does not control the TT "Pro" League. It is autonomous and can organize and govern itself in any way it sees fit as long as it does not contravene the law of the land or FIFA. If they in a mess the TTFF cannot be blamed. Indeed, Jack Warner has propped up many a TTPL club and club president over the years - some of them who also lead the chorus against the TTFF. Games! If the "Pro" League has few standards other than a a demand for a handful of cash - THEY are the party to be blamed...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2012, 08:16:57 PM »
Well Pres, if that is the case, talk to Dexter and the club owners. Money is the issue with profootball. Dexter and his people have not been able to get a long term and big spending sponsor for the league. i.e Barclays for the EPL.  And until they can do that football will stay where it is. By the way the EPL better hope this Barclay's scandal don't impinge of sponsorship.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2012, 08:32:20 PM »
...Listen to Coops: "what i'm trying to understand here is,this league in operation 10 plus yrs,isn't there some criteria or system in place for teams wanting to join the Pro league? How teams who already there got in?how teams who already there stays in?how teams who was there left? I am sure everybody associated with Pro league Football  knows how to get in the Pro League,i can't undersatnd what the problem is. In a nutschell from what i understand is once you have the money you can get in the League"...

Bring your cash and come. THAT is the ONLY criterion for entry. Over the years we have seen teams come last for donkey years and remain in membership. Teams pulling in a school or some youth side to masquerade as their "development programme". Teams wet their foot and jump in for a year or two and then disappear. I could go on. Nothing personal - but this is glorified minor league business and the "Pro" League is grasping at a straw here, the professional consequences be damned. I repeat this could never happen in MLS, Central America, or anywhere football is taken seriously. Coops - you right...

But MLS only manifested itself from the ghost of NASL. In that league you just needed money. When MLS began, what was the criteria? Money. The problem is that the Pro League is suffering from the lack of a consortium to bankroll it because there is no money to be made.

Professional Football Leagues everywhere are now big business. If not, they fail. Simple. There's a lot wrong with the Pro League, but don't make the MLS look like some wonderful football utopia. European Leagues have a pure ancestry of working class amateurism fueled by local supporters. MLS was built by businessmen to make money.

With no matchday supporters or TV audience, the Pro League cannot evolve traditionally. It has to build a fanbase from a generally disinterested population. I absolutely believe the league and T&T football in general must be reborn and more professional. But by taking some kind of moral high ground you won't change anything.

Yes, any team can join the league. Just like if I knocked on the MLS door with US$100 million, and a team called Minnesota Muff Divers they would let me in. The only way to change this is to become part of it and change it from the inside. And if a club can't raise money to pay it's players for the season, it doesn't deserve to be in the league as that will just make players suffer.

What are the "professional consequences"?  How about Man Utd being £1 billion in debt? You really think that if the banks call in the debt, the EPL will say to Sir Alex "Don't worry about it mate, you have over 100 years history...you can play for free. You have no stadium, but you can play at the park. You can't pay players so bring some guys from the local pub team"?

Professional Football is absoloutely, definately about money. The only difference is that the Pro League is struggling in a country that doesn't support professional football. From the Govt, to Business, to the media, to TTFF, to the public. No one supports it. So, yes, it's easy to knock the Pro League, but if you look closely, you'll see that the Pro League is the only body trying to improve the status of T&T football in this country.

As we used to sing in England when our team would be losing 3-0..."We're shit, and we know we are" But we would still go back next week and support, because that "shit" was our shit, and although its much easier to walk away, sometimes you have to look to yourself to turn shit into success.

The question people should be asking is "Do we want success?"   

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2012, 08:36:36 PM »
...But the TTFF does not control the TT "Pro" League. It is autonomous and can organize and govern itself in any way it sees fit as long as it does not contravene the law of the land or FIFA. If they in a mess the TTFF cannot be blamed. Indeed, Jack Warner has propped up many a TTPL club and club president over the years - some of them who also lead the chorus against the TTFF. Games! If the "Pro" League has few standards other than a a demand for a handful of cash - THEY are the party to be blamed...

You really think the English F.A. or the Football League wanted the EPL? The big teams developed a recipe for financial success and broke away. EPL is a vehicle to make big money. The good thing is that it also recognised that the league structure was still needed so threw a few pounds at them. But EPL controls football in England and the F.A, knows it.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2012, 08:41:25 PM »
..."Yes, any team can join the league. Just like if I knocked on the MLS door with US$100 million, and a team called Minnesota Muff Divers they would let me in. The only way to change this is to become part of it and change it from the inside"...

...That is entirely incorrect. One cannot just join the MLS or any truly professional league. Recently, the revived New York Cosmos attempted that with no success. The MLS has an extension plan that requires clubs selected for inclusion to demonstrate a capacity to meet league requirements over a period of years. And BTW, everybody should now go join the TTFF and change it from the inside...

1]; } ?>