March 28, 2024, 10:07:52 AM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 170804 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho launches Central FC
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2012, 08:56:17 PM »
..."Yes, any team can join the league. Just like if I knocked on the MLS door with US$100 million, and a team called Minnesota Muff Divers they would let me in. The only way to change this is to become part of it and change it from the inside"...

...That is entirely incorrect. One cannot just join the MLS or any truly professional league. Recently, the revived New York Cosmos attempted that with no success. The MLS has an extension plan that requires clubs selected for inclusion to demonstrate a capacity to meet league requirements over a period of years. And BTW, everybody should now go join the TTFF and change it from the inside...

Yes, there are rules to join MLS, as is there are rules to join the Pro League. Obviously those rules are different. But if 4 or 5 MLS clubs folded next week, those rules would be changed.

Pro League does not have the luxury of dozens of multi millionaires trying to enter a lucrative league structure.

Using the same example, if NY Cosmos formed the London Cosmos, regardless of their ability to to demonstrate a capacity to meet league requirements over a period of years, they would still have to start by joining the Southern Football League Division One Central which is level 8 on the league pyramid (although the clubs may insist they start lower in the Essex Senior Football league -Level 9)

That means they would have to win at least 7 promotions to reach the EPL.

MLS is just the ProLeague written large. 10 years from now, the Pro League could have the same entrance criteria. But until "successful" clubs like Westside, Santa Rosa, Phoenix get serious and form a sustainable business model, the league will be left with no option but to base entrance on financial criteria.

And regarding TTFF, they have put in place measures to prevent people from the outside joining it. Whereas the Pro League have a simple criteria....$2 million and you're in!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2012, 09:08:01 PM »
..."Yes, any team can join the league. Just like if I knocked on the MLS door with US$100 million, and a team called Minnesota Muff Divers they would let me in. The only way to change this is to become part of it and change it from the inside"...

...That is entirely incorrect. One cannot just join the MLS or any truly professional league. Recently, the revived New York Cosmos attempted that with no success. The MLS has an extension plan that requires clubs selected for inclusion to demonstrate a capacity to meet league requirements over a period of years. And BTW, everybody should now go join the TTFF and change it from the inside...

President, election over yuh tune well change.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2012, 09:28:29 PM »

President, election over yuh tune well change.

hahahahah ent?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2012, 09:33:41 PM »

Pres, you are correct to a point with the MLS requirements. But the Cosmos case is a bit different. I have no doubt that the Cosmos have the money. Bu I am almost sure Red Bulls fight hard not to include them. They also worried about NY supporting 2 teams. Yes there are lots of old Cosmos fans, etc. I think the league is also worried about saturation and the the diluting of the talent pool.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2012, 09:45:49 PM »
But MLS only manifested itself from the ghost of NASL. In that league you just needed money. When MLS began, what was the criteria? Money. The problem is that the Pro League is suffering from the lack of a consortium to bankroll it because there is no money to be made.

Professional Football Leagues everywhere are now big business. If not, they fail. Simple. There's a lot wrong with the Pro League, but don't make the MLS look like some wonderful football utopia. European Leagues have a pure ancestry of working class amateurism fueled by local supporters. MLS was built by businessmen to make money.

With no matchday supporters or TV audience, the Pro League cannot evolve traditionally. It has to build a fanbase from a generally disinterested population. I absolutely believe the league and T&T football in general must be reborn and more professional. But by taking some kind of moral high ground you won't change anything.

Yes, any team can join the league. Just like if I knocked on the MLS door with US$100 million, and a team called Minnesota Muff Divers they would let me in. The only way to change this is to become part of it and change it from the inside. And if a club can't raise money to pay it's players for the season, it doesn't deserve to be in the league as that will just make players suffer.

What are the "professional consequences"?  How about Man Utd being £1 billion in debt? You really think that if the banks call in the debt, the EPL will say to Sir Alex "Don't worry about it mate, you have over 100 years history...you can play for free. You have no stadium, but you can play at the park. You can't pay players so bring some guys from the local pub team"?

Professional Football is absoloutely, definately about money. The only difference is that the Pro League is struggling in a country that doesn't support professional football. From the Govt, to Business, to the media, to TTFF, to the public. No one supports it. So, yes, it's easy to knock the Pro League, but if you look closely, you'll see that the Pro League is the only body trying to improve the status of T&T football in this country.

As we used to sing in England when our team would be losing 3-0..."We're shit, and we know we are" But we would still go back next week and support, because that "shit" was our shit, and although its much easier to walk away, sometimes you have to look to yourself to turn shit into success.

The question people should be asking is "Do we want success?"   

Don't be so quick to disparage the MLS.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2012, 10:01:11 PM »
But MLS only manifested itself from the ghost of NASL. In that league you just needed money. When MLS began, what was the criteria? Money. The problem is that the Pro League is suffering from the lack of a consortium to bankroll it because there is no money to be made.

Professional Football Leagues everywhere are now big business. If not, they fail. Simple. There's a lot wrong with the Pro League, but don't make the MLS look like some wonderful football utopia. European Leagues have a pure ancestry of working class amateurism fueled by local supporters. MLS was built by businessmen to make money.

With no matchday supporters or TV audience, the Pro League cannot evolve traditionally. It has to build a fanbase from a generally disinterested population. I absolutely believe the league and T&T football in general must be reborn and more professional. But by taking some kind of moral high ground you won't change anything.

Yes, any team can join the league. Just like if I knocked on the MLS door with US$100 million, and a team called Minnesota Muff Divers they would let me in. The only way to change this is to become part of it and change it from the inside. And if a club can't raise money to pay it's players for the season, it doesn't deserve to be in the league as that will just make players suffer.

What are the "professional consequences"?  How about Man Utd being £1 billion in debt? You really think that if the banks call in the debt, the EPL will say to Sir Alex "Don't worry about it mate, you have over 100 years history...you can play for free. You have no stadium, but you can play at the park. You can't pay players so bring some guys from the local pub team"?

Professional Football is absolutely, definitely about money. The only difference is that the Pro League is struggling in a country that doesn't support professional football. From the Govt, to Business, to the media, to TTFF, to the public. No one supports it. So, yes, it's easy to knock the Pro League, but if you look closely, you'll see that the Pro League is the only body trying to improve the status of T&T football in this country.

As we used to sing in England when our team would be losing 3-0..."We're shit, and we know we are" But we would still go back next week and support, because that "shit" was our shit, and although its much easier to walk away, sometimes you have to look to yourself to turn shit into success.

The question people should be asking is "Do we want success?"   

Don't be so quick to disparage the MLS.

On the contrary, I applaud the MLS and it's a good model for a formative league. Unlike President, I believe the main criteria for membership (although this maybe unspoken) is money, or at least it was until the structure had been stabilised. Like the Pro League, the clubs run the business and as Deeks pointed out, now there are turf wars regarding entry, so money on its own is not enough. Eventually, there will be a proper pyramid system in place and the evolution will be complete.

A strong minor league system is necessary as pressure needs to come from below. T&T has this to a degree. What the Pro League lacks is 10 professional teams and 3 or 4 financially strong Super League teams fighting for Pro League status. The fact that the purists don't like a club buying their way into the ProLeague is understandable, but until there are 12 or 13 financially sound professional clubs T&T can't afford the luxury of entry by merit.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:04:13 PM by Football supporter »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2012, 10:40:31 PM »

On the contrary, I applaud the MLS and it's a good model for a formative league. Unlike President, I believe the main criteria for membership (although this maybe unspoken) is money, or at least it was until the structure had been stabilised. Like the Pro League, the clubs run the business and as Deeks pointed out, now there are turf wars regarding entry, so money on its own is not enough. Eventually, there will be a proper pyramid system in place and the evolution will be complete.

A strong minor league system is necessary as pressure needs to come from below. T&T has this to a degree. What the Pro League lacks is 10 professional teams and 3 or 4 financially strong Super League teams fighting for Pro League status. The fact that the purists don't like a club buying their way into the ProLeague is understandable, but until there are 12 or 13 financially sound professional clubs T&T can't afford the luxury of entry by merit.

For one thing you say the MLS "manifested itself form the ghost of the NASL" when in fact there is no connection whatsoever between the two.  No structural, operational, functional... or even emotional overlap between the two.  Off the top of my head there was at least a 5-year gap between the existence of the two leagues, and MLS sought from the start to distance itself from the model and failure of the NASL.  One of the things that the League did, and they took a heap load of criticism for it, was that it monopolized ownership... the initial league consisted of around 10 teams and most if not all of them were owned by the League. Money was not the criteria... many suitors came calling with money and were turned away.It was a very heavy-handed approach which many rightfully bristled at, myself included... but it was precisely what was needed for the infant league to survive.  Nothing like the NASL... nothing like the PFL, or like what the PFL can be.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2012, 10:56:29 PM »

For one thing you say the MLS "manifested itself form the ghost of the NASL" when in fact there is no connection whatsoever between the two.  No structural, operational, functional... or even emotional overlap between the two.  Off the top of my head there was at least a 5-year gap between the existence of the two leagues, and MLS sought from the start to distance itself from the model and failure of the NASL.  One of the things that the League did, and they took a heap load of criticism for it, was that it monopolized ownership... the initial league consisted of around 10 teams and most if not all of them were owned by the League. Money was not the criteria... many suitors came calling with money and were turned away.It was a very heavy-handed approach which many rightfully bristled at, myself included... but it was precisely what was needed for the infant league to survive.  Nothing like the NASL... nothing like the PFL, or like what the PFL can be.

When I said manifested itself from the ghost of the NASL I was trying to point out that NASL died a death and MSL learned from that, so perhaps I chose the wrong word. The main reason for the creation of the league, was to allow bidding for the 94 World Cup (as with the Pro League with the U17 WC). However, some things they learned from the NASL experience was that there was a market, but the NASL model approached that market incorrectly, and that financial investment didn't necessarily equate with success.

Yes, clubs are owned by the League. I don't profess to understand the exact structure, but as I understand it, the clubs, while owned by MLS are franchised to investors? This then give MLS control over the league membership and tight operational rules. It works well in business, so its a good model.

ProLeague could do this simply by selling franchises for $350,000 instead of demanding that amount as a joining fee.

Maybe the Pro League is T&T's version of NASL and a complete restructuring is required? It can't be based on the European pyramid system initially, so the MLS is a good model.

Whatever the answer is, Central F.C. have to deal with the here and now and hope to influence change from within.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2012, 11:36:47 PM »

When I said manifested itself from the ghost of the NASL I was trying to point out that NASL died a death and MSL learned from that, so perhaps I chose the wrong word. The main reason for the creation of the league, was to allow bidding for the 94 World Cup (as with the Pro League with the U17 WC). However, some things they learned from the NASL experience was that there was a market, but the NASL model approached that market incorrectly, and that financial investment didn't necessarily equate with success.

Doh worry about choosing the right word or not, I simply misunderstood the point you were tying to make... but yes, the learned from the failure of the NASL.  But I'm curious about your statement regarding the 94 World Cup, you actually have it backwards.  The formation of the league had nothing to do with the bidding which likely took place in the aftermath of the Mexico games in 86.  MLS wasn't even on the radar then.  In fact MLS arose out of the success of the WC, it demonstrated the ability to host games in multiple cities and proponents of a domestic top flight league saw the games as an advert for that league in skeptical cities at a time when public funding for stadiums was the preferred model, but investors were facing increasingly skeptical cities, balking at paying for the 'privilege' of hosting these clubs.  Proponents also argued, correctly, that a domestic top-flight league was necessary as an incubator for American talent, to feed into the national pool of players.

Yes, clubs are owned by the League. I don't profess to understand the exact structure, but as I understand it, the clubs, while owned by MLS are franchised to investors? This then give MLS control over the league membership and tight operational rules. It works well in business, so its a good model.

The monopoly I described was the ownership model for the first 10 years or so... it was just intended to provide stability for the nascent league, but eventually the league divested itself of ownership interests (there may have been a legal challenge or two forcing their hand, I can't remember).  As it stands now all the clubs are individually, and privately owned, but yes, the league keeps an iron grip on membership.  Latest rumblings I'm hearing involve Orlando City... which would be a remarkable achievement for that franchise if it comes to pass, given their quick ascent up the ranks.  Garber has even gone on record to say it's not a matter of "if" but "when" the club would be admitted, a dedicated home stadium being the sole remaining snag.

ProLeague could do this simply by selling franchises for $350,000 instead of demanding that amount as a joining fee.

Maybe the Pro League is T&T's version of NASL and a complete restructuring is required? It can't be based on the European pyramid system initially, so the MLS is a good model.

Whatever the answer is, Central F.C. have to deal with the here and now and hope to influence change from within.

I don't know that a single-owner model would work in TnT... but in light of the recent contraction and the otherwise current state of flux the teams seem to be in... it may not be a bad short term (5-year or so) solution.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2012, 12:30:10 AM »

Doh worry about choosing the right word or not, I simply misunderstood the point you were tying to make... but yes, the learned from the failure of the NASL.  But I'm curious about your statement regarding the 94 World Cup, you actually have it backwards.  The formation of the league had nothing to do with the bidding which likely took place in the aftermath of the Mexico games in 86.  MLS wasn't even on the radar then.  In fact MLS arose out of the success of the WC, it demonstrated the ability to host games in multiple cities and proponents of a domestic top flight league saw the games as an advert for that league in skeptical cities at a time when public funding for stadiums was the preferred model, but investors were facing increasingly skeptical cities, balking at paying for the 'privilege' of hosting these clubs.  Proponents also argued, correctly, that a domestic top-flight league was necessary as an incubator for American talent, to feed into the national pool of players.

The monopoly I described was the ownership model for the first 10 years or so... it was just intended to provide stability for the nascent league, but eventually the league divested itself of ownership interests (there may have been a legal challenge or two forcing their hand, I can't remember).  As it stands now all the clubs are individually, and privately owned, but yes, the league keeps an iron grip on membership.  Latest rumblings I'm hearing involve Orlando City... which would be a remarkable achievement for that franchise if it comes to pass, given their quick ascent up the ranks.  Garber has even gone on record to say it's not a matter of "if" but "when" the club would be admitted, a dedicated home stadium being the sole remaining snag.

I don't know that a single-owner model would work in TnT... but in light of the recent contraction and the otherwise current state of flux the teams seem to be in... it may not be a bad short term (5-year or so) solution.

Actually, me and Sancho were approached about Orlando City and we definitely gave it a look!! But that kind of goes back to Presidents original sentiments about a club inventing itself and joining a professional league. The formation of MLS was a promise made during the WC bidding process. I'm pretty sure that although it was formed before 94, it never came into actual match playing existence until later. I seem to recall that it run into trouble fairly early on but somehow managed to stay afloat.

After this discussion here, I'm gonna research it a bit more as I think the ProLeague could learn a lot from the MLS history. To be honest, living in the UK, I never really took much interest, so now I'm ruing that mistake!

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2012, 04:46:59 AM »
..."President, election over yuh tune well change"....

...I don't understand? How so? LOL...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2012, 09:38:23 AM »
Actually, me and Sancho were approached about Orlando City and we definitely gave it a look!! But that kind of goes back to Presidents original sentiments about a club inventing itself and joining a professional league. The formation of MLS was a promise made during the WC bidding process. I'm pretty sure that although it was formed before 94, it never came into actual match playing existence until later. I seem to recall that it run into trouble fairly early on but somehow managed to stay afloat.

After this discussion here, I'm gonna research it a bit more as I think the ProLeague could learn a lot from the MLS history. To be honest, living in the UK, I never really took much interest, so now I'm ruing that mistake!

When you say you and Sancho were "approached about Orlando City" what exactly do you mean?

Also, with regards to the history of MLS, its formation had nothing to do with the WC bidding, just looking at the timeline should help you figure that out. FIFA designates the winner of the bid 8 to 12 years in advance.  I don't want to belabor the point, but while I can't say one way or another whether there was some general discussion by the USSF about the formation of a professional league, MLS itself wasn't put into the works until 1991-1992.  Doh believe everything Wikipedia say.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2012, 09:42:46 AM »
...Listen to Coops: "what i'm trying to understand here is,this league in operation 10 plus yrs,isn't there some criteria or system in place for teams wanting to join the Pro league? How teams who already there got in?how teams who already there stays in?how teams who was there left? I am sure everybody associated with Pro league Football  knows how to get in the Pro League,i can't undersatnd what the problem is. In a nutschell from what i understand is once you have the money you can get in the League"...

Bring your cash and come. THAT is the ONLY criterion for entry. Over the years we have seen teams come last for donkey years and remain in membership. Teams pulling in a school or some youth side to masquerade as their "development programme". Teams wet their foot and jump in for a year or two and then disappear. I could go on. Nothing personal - but this is glorified minor league business and the "Pro" League is grasping at a straw here, the professional consequences be damned. I repeat this could never happen in MLS, Central America, or anywhere football is taken seriously. Coops - you right...
       :beermug: :beermug:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2012, 09:52:19 AM »

When you say you and Sancho were "approached about Orlando City" what exactly do you mean?

Also, with regards to the history of MLS, its formation had nothing to do with the WC bidding, just looking at the timeline should help you figure that out. FIFA designates the winner of the bid 8 to 12 years in advance.  I don't want to belabor the point, but while I can't say one way or another whether there was some general discussion by the USSF about the formation of a professional league, MLS itself wasn't put into the works until 1991-1992.  Doh believe everything Wikipedia say.

Although you are usually right about the designation in advance. I am pretty sure the US did not get the OK in 1986.
In addition, the US was well aware of the shock that a country with no real league could a WC. I heard a rumour that any country that had a WC had to have a functioning league but this was such donkey years ago, I can't confirm. Many of us at the time thought that this MLS was just a US attempt at credibility in  the football world. Whatever it was supposed to be, the MLS has certainly grown and marketed itself well.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2012, 09:54:54 AM »

The US was awarded the WC in 88... them times they used to give you plenty less time to prepare. And 6 years was alot in those times.
But in truth it is unclear and remains somewhat vague that the formation of a Professional league was compulsory to be awarded the World Cup. The USSF certainly had plans to revamp football and start back a professional league since the death of the NASL, but you would be hard pressed other than on Wiki to see where a Pro league was a factor...

EDIT: Well I find proof from MLS own webpage... so it was promised
http://web.archive.org/web/20080625214719/http://web.mlsnet.com/about/

December 17, 1993: In fulfillment of U.S. Soccer's promise to FIFA, World Cup USA 1994 Chairman and CEO Alan I. Rothenberg announces the formation of Major League Soccer (MLS) and unveils the league logo.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 10:04:19 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2012, 10:02:39 AM »
...But the TTFF does not control the TT "Pro" League. It is autonomous and can organize and govern itself in any way it sees fit as long as it does not contravene the law of the land or FIFA. If they in a mess the TTFF cannot be blamed. Indeed, Jack Warner has propped up many a TTPL club and club president over the years - some of them who also lead the chorus against the TTFF. Games! If the "Pro" League has few standards other than a a demand for a handful of cash - THEY are the party to be blamed...
      It is believed the TTFF do not have any control over the Pro League but they sure do have a lot of influense in what ever they do,all the administrators from the Pro league are involved in some way with the TTFF,to set up their fixtures it's based on the TTFF schdule,if the TTFF say no games they can't play,all the our national team players,coaches,trainers etc etc come from the Pro league how can we say the TTFF don't have any control over the Pro league.
     Does the Pro league control their own finances?do they have to be affiliated to the TTFF to function?do they have to be affiliated to FIFA,CFU,CONCACAF in order for their clubs to play in the different tournaments?it's a lot more than what we think,this is not Minor League Football.   

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2012, 10:11:31 AM »
what i'm trying to understand here is,this league in operation 10 plus yrs,isn't there some criteria or system in place for teams wanting to join the Pro league?

How teams who already there got in?how teams who already there stays in?how teams who was there left? I am sure everybody associated with Pro league Football  knows how to get in the Pro League,i can't undersatnd what the problem is.

In a nutschell from what i understand is once you have the money you can get in the League,the problem i feel is everybody afraid of Sancho end of text,nobody wants to have to deal with the guy,they will look for anything to keep clear of him. 

Sancho is Jack warner or what?

Why people fraid he, I know him and he real cool, calm and nice...
        Is not people fraid he,Sancho has to understand he is still dealing with TTFF personel who he and his buddies levied against etc etc they are who is afraid of him,do you see him being intivted to any Coaching courses,meetings with the TTFF,conferences, Forums, Workshops etc etc once the present administration is in control Sancho going to have a rough time.   

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2012, 10:31:07 AM »
Back to the thread subject!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3SvtUcRzifc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3SvtUcRzifc</a>
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:42:39 PM by Tallman »

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2012, 10:53:13 AM »
..."It is believed the TTFF do not have any control over the Pro League but they sure do have a lot of influense in what ever they do,all the administrators from the Pro league are involved in some way with the TTFF,to set up their fixtures it's based on the TTFF schdule,if the TTFF say no games they can't play,all the our national team players,coaches,trainers etc etc come from the Pro league how can we say the TTFF don't have any control over the Pro league. Does the Pro league control their own finances?do they have to be affiliated to the TTFF to function?do they have to be affiliated to FIFA,CFU,CONCACAF in order for their clubs to play in the different tournaments?it's a lot more than what we think,this is not Minor League Football."...   

...Coops you wrong on this one. The TT "Pro" League controls its own finances, such as they are. The TTFF does not dictate TTPL fixtures. Indeed, the TTFF doesn't have a serious annual calendar and there is usually some turf conflict over this. The TTPL doesn't have a seat on the TTFF executive committee and, vice versa, the TTFF doesn't have a place on the TTPL board of directors, which comprises one representative of each member club. The "Pro" League has always been entirely autonomous of the TTFF and under the control of its member clubs - except when they needed Jack Warner's financial input over the years. But that is another topic...

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL IS NOW IN CENTRAL TRINIDAD
« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2012, 12:01:09 PM »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2012, 12:04:34 PM »
..."It is believed the TTFF do not have any control over the Pro League but they sure do have a lot of influense in what ever they do,all the administrators from the Pro league are involved in some way with the TTFF,to set up their fixtures it's based on the TTFF schdule,if the TTFF say no games they can't play,all the our national team players,coaches,trainers etc etc come from the Pro league how can we say the TTFF don't have any control over the Pro league. Does the Pro league control their own finances?do they have to be affiliated to the TTFF to function?do they have to be affiliated to FIFA,CFU,CONCACAF in order for their clubs to play in the different tournaments?it's a lot more than what we think,this is not Minor League Football."...   

...Coops you wrong on this one. The TT "Pro" League controls its own finances, such as they are. The TTFF does not dictate TTPL fixtures. Indeed, the TTFF doesn't have a serious annual calendar and there is usually some turf conflict over this. The TTPL doesn't have a seat on the TTFF executive committee and, vice versa, the TTFF doesn't have a place on the TTPL board of directors, which comprises one representative of each member club. The "Pro" League has always been entirely autonomous of the TTFF and under the control of its member clubs - except when they needed Jack Warner's financial input over the years. But that is another topic...

I remember some years ago the PFL Exec not doing as Warner wanted. He pulled JP out of the league for a year as a result. I was very impressed that the PFL could not be dictated to by Warner. They are certainly autonomous from the TFFF. They get their admin money form the Govt. However, the idea was it would be gradually decreased over the years as to encourage them and give them sufficient time to become more self sufficient.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2012, 05:56:46 PM »
Ah make out Keion Goodridge, Marvin Phillip, Hayden Tinto, and Anthony Wolfe. Who else was at de training sessions?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2012, 09:54:37 PM »
Cyrano Glen, Shane Mattis, Kevon Villeorel

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2012, 02:59:48 AM »
are they in yet?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2012, 07:07:41 AM »
are they in yet?

Pro League have requested further financial guarantees.

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Graham Rix Arrives In Trinidad and Tobago.....
« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2012, 12:14:54 AM »
Ummm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Rix

...and??

---------------------------------------------------

Amwood... it have ah Central FC thread enuh...

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Graham Rix Arrives In Trinidad and Tobago.....
« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2012, 01:31:42 AM »
Ah like how he talk. Heres hoping for the implementation. All the best to Sancho and Central FC. Be patient and don't give up. The road ahead isn't expected to be paved but rocky.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2012, 06:34:58 AM »

1]; } ?>