March 28, 2024, 07:46:39 AM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 170793 times)

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho launches Central FC
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2012, 06:43:39 AM »

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2012, 04:42:15 PM »
class is class is class i think this appointmnt brings the club forward many stepsss
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2012, 04:47:55 PM »
Wow, Rix a former Arsenal man, if I remember. Never seen that coming. He was a decent player. Did not know he was doing any coaching. Was he ever a coach or assistant at any clubs. I can't make an assessment of the guy.  I guess Brent and them have some backing to bring him down

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2012, 07:57:14 PM »
Here are Rix's stats

Team            Nation        From                            To                            Record
                                                                                                        G    W    L    D    Win %
Chelsea            England    13 September 2000    17 September 2000    1    1    0    0    100.00
Portsmouth    England    25 February 2001    25 March 2002            56    16    23    17    28.57
Oxford United    England    22 March 2004            14 November 2004    29    6    15    8    20.68
Hearts            Scotland    8 November 2005    22 March 2006            19    9    4    6    47.36

Logically excepting the Chelsea stint (?) of one match, that's a 32.20 % win average...

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2012, 08:02:29 PM »

Graham Rix Arrives In Trinidad and Tobago.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAduvU92aGk

Interesting stuff Sancho.  Very interesting choice of coach for Central FC.
Keep up the bold, new plans. See some Jabloteh people joinin' de gravy train. People are taking note.
Exciting times ahead for you tuh run yuh own effin' show.

Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2012, 11:09:26 PM »
Here are Rix's stats

Team            Nation        From                            To                            Record
Chelsea            England    13 September 2000    17 September 2000    1    1    0    0    100.00
Portsmouth    England    25 February 2001    25 March 2002            56    16    23    17    28.57
Oxford United    England    22 March 2004            14 November 2004    29    6    15    8    20.68
Hearts            Scotland    8 November 2005    22 March 2006            19    9    4    6    47.36

Logically excepting the Chelsea stint (?) of one match, that's a 32.20 % win average...

The Chelsea stat is an anomally as Rix was caretaker manager....funnily enough, the game was against Arsenal!

What we all need to understand is that in England, a coach is not a manager and vice versa. Rix never won trophies as a "manager" but his coaching record is superb. Central F.C. have employed Rix as Head Coach. The players love him. He talks to them in a way I have not seen a Trini coach talk to players (obviously, I haven't seen all of the T&T coaches, but I'm commenting on what I have seen). The benefits are that coaches like Kevin Jeffrey and Tony Sherwood will learn a lot, which is great for T&T football. Rix discovered John Terry and signed Peter Crouch to Portsmouth. He has a great eye for talent and knows how to develop players techniques. He can pick up the phone and recommend a player and coaches will listen. He may not stay long, but trust me, we are fortunate to have him.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2012, 11:43:03 PM »
Here are Rix's stats

If it is your suggestion that he's not a good coach based on his win percentage... it would be fair to note that the longest chance he was ever given was a year, followed by 8 months.  In that relatively short a space of time you are working with players brought in by someone else without having a chance to stamp your own mark on the team.  Needless to say what was there before wasn't working (the previous coach left/got fired, right?) so unless the new coach is given time to turn things around there likely can be no quick fix.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2012, 12:40:49 AM »
fenwick didn't have a strong track record when he arrived in trini but he was still head and shoulders above most trinbago-born coaches. he helped to advance the local game by showing that up and coming players should not be babied but thrown into the fire of professional competition. he consistently won proleague titles with young, defensive minded squads. plus he was not afraid to publicly level harsh criticsm at the ttff. if rix could accomplish half of what fenwick or fevrier accomplished it will be a big plus for local football  :beermug:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Central FC unveils head coach Graham Rix
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2012, 04:47:03 AM »
Central FC unveils head coach Graham Rix
Central FC Media

Pro League hopefuls, Central F.C. introduced their prospective Head Coach, former Arsenal and England midfielder, Graham Rix to the club staff at their Monday morning training session at Presentation College, Chaguanas. The newly formed team, led by Managing Director, Brent Sancho, invited players to train with them over a week ago in preparation for their anticipated participation in the 2012/13 season.

Rix, who was assistant coach to Ruud Guillet and Gianluca Vialli at Chelsea took a look at the players in training and the facilities available. He then had a brief talk with the players before meeting with the club staff.

“It was great to finally get onto the training pitch” said Sancho. “It’s taken 8 weeks of stress to get to this stage, but seeing the guys out there going through their paces was worth it”

The Sharks met with the Pro League Board, and CEO, Dexter Skeene on Tuesday as the final stage in the clubs application to join the professional league this season.

“We’ve provided all of the required information including a comprehensive marketing plan. Obviously, the league has to perform its due diligence, but we are confident that we meet their criteria” said Sancho.

Assistant coaches Kevin Jeffrey and Anthony Sherwood have been taking charge of the training sessions.

Jeffrey said “We are 4 weeks behind in preparation and for the next few days, the emphasis is on fitness and letting the players get comfortable with each other.”

Sherwood added “We will be reducing the numbers down and Graham will be assisting us in the selection process. We’ve been lucky as most of this group are professionals who have maintained their fitness. We just need to get some sharpness into them over the next week so they’ll be ready for the Head Coach to develop his team tactics”

The Sharks are hoping to confirm a partnership with Presentation College which will see the club using the school as their training facility “The Principal has been very supportive and the partnership will bring benefits for both parties” said Sancho.

Central F.C. will now be focusing on their off the field activities. “Now we have players in training, Brent and I can concentrate on our marketing plan and community projects” said Operations Director, Kevin Harrison. “We will be meeting with several organisations who are interested in working with Central F.C. However, we also want to work with smaller companies in the Central Region who are interested in supporting projects in their community. We have an exciting anti crime programme that we will soon be launching and we hope the business community will give it their support”

Sancho said “It’s fantastic to have Graham Rix here to assist us. Obviously, until our Pro League membership is confirmed, we can’t offer any contracts. However, we are hopeful that Graham will like what he sees and will agree to join us once we’re a Pro League club. I met Graham at Dundee and was really impressed with his coaching style. Graham won all kinds of trophies as a player and a coach and it’s a true testament of his standing in the game that after his 6 month prison sentence in 1999, he could resume his career at Chelsea. His experience with the Glenn Hoddle academy in Spain will really assist this club in identifying talent.”

Jeffrey added “As a coach, one of the exciting elements for him about working in T&T is to work with some of the young players and introducing them to clubs overseas. But we also intend to tap into Graham’s knowledge to help develop our coaching staff. Personally, I know my coaching skills will improve tremendously. We really want to be known as a club that can develop talent and give players the opportunity to fulfil their potential.”

“Central FC has a policy of inclusiveness” said Harrison “We firmly believe in concepts such as restorative justice, and admire programmes being developed by people such as Wayne Chance. We’re now looking forward to achieving Pro League status so we can accelerate our community projects and play a few practice matches.”

Anyone wishing to contact the club can email them at kh.centralfc@gmail.com

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2012, 09:56:12 AM »
Just a question, if by chance Central FC does not get into the Pro League what will happen with the club and the coach ?

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2012, 10:11:47 AM »
Here are Rix's stats

Ghee dem President, doh leh de football go forward if we eh driving de bus. Ghee dem
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2012, 10:13:16 AM »
Just a question, if by chance Central FC does not get into the Pro League what will happen with the club and the coach ?

Was wondering the same thing, because FS say they had to prove financial stability. I hope they get through.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »

They will do like Milk and Evaporate

But with this big splash Central FC making the league need them really. They seem to be infusing much needed interest in the League

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2012, 10:26:36 AM »
If they can afford to bring Rix, then I am assuming they have some money in their kitty. I don't think he came cheaply. I say they have the money, probably for the short term.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 04:30:38 PM by Deeks »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2012, 10:44:43 AM »

I was wondering the same damn thing. They bring down the Coach and they have no club in the Pro League. (I assume they wasn't mad enough to sign him to a contract yet).

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2012, 01:01:23 PM »

Good question! But I guess Mr Rix will have to go back to UK and coach. There's plenty of clubs who would appreciate his ability.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2012, 02:08:31 PM »

I was wondering the same damn thing. They bring down the Coach and they have no club in the Pro League. (I assume they wasn't mad enough to sign him to a contract yet).

VB

Allyuh is something else yes.. man criticizing them for trying to join the league and they ent even have a coach.  Line up a coach... now man criticizing because they "bring down" coach and have no club in the Pro League.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2012, 02:12:50 PM »
Graham bloodclaaat Rix! Leave a thread untouched for a few days and iz pure gold. I reading this thing from the bottom up and seeing FS referring to "Mr. Rix" ... ah saying de only Rix I know is Graham ... Sancho, yuh approved fuh de Kitchen Cabinet. Ah like dis ... and that includes Sherwood and Jeffrey. Pro League doh stick.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2012, 02:46:59 PM »

Was wondering the same thing, because FS say they had to prove financial stability. I hope they get through.

The thing is, it's taken some time to raise $2.5 million. By the time we received the criteria for membership, we had to begin pre season and bring the coach over. Its a gamble, but based on the League criteria, we are confident that we can satisfy the requirements.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2012, 11:04:21 AM »
Central FC- I hear a man saying at the Broward Park at The Canada Game that - Well he asked the question who is the Parliamentary representative for Chaguanas- That man funding Central FC. I told the man sitting next to me , I doubt it as SANCHO is involved. He reminded me that Sugar Aloes sang at the PP celebrations
 and a man has to eat a food. I guess money talks.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2012, 11:32:48 AM »
Central FC- I hear a man saying at the Broward Park at The Canada Game that - Well he asked the question who is the Parliamentary representative for Chaguanas- That man funding Central FC. I told the man sitting next to me , I doubt it as SANCHO is involved. He reminded me that Sugar Aloes sang at the PP celebrations
 and a man has to eat a food. I guess money talks.

Injun, we could put all kind of spind on this. Pro-football needs big infusion of money. When the pro-league started there was a central team called Khelewalas. It was good to see a local central man involved in football, but he never got support. He had the whole of central for himself but could not get the rest of the community to support him. Central has had decent football. I think they could have been better if the desire was there. Let us hope this team can break the mold that central "only want to play cricket". Let's us hope the financiers are looking to the long run and not the short term. If the backer is PP, there is nothing we can do about. Lets hope he has the interest of football at heart. His political affilition is irrelevant because we can't do anything about that. Well, except Renraw. Exceptional to the rule.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2012, 11:48:40 AM »
.."Let's us hope the financiers are looking to the long run and not the short term. If the backer is PP, there is nothing we can do about. Lets hope he has the interest of football at heart. His political affilition is irrelevant because we can't do anything about that. Well, except Renraw. Exceptional to the rule"....

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I love it...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2012, 12:07:02 PM »

Graham Rix Arrives In Trinidad and Tobago.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAduvU92aGk

Interesting stuff Sancho.  Very interesting choice of coach for Central FC.
Keep up the bold, new plans. See some Jabloteh people joinin' de gravy train. People are taking note.
Exciting times ahead for you tuh run yuh own effin' show.

The truth is as a Head Coach is accomplishments are incredibly modest.  But if they weren't he would probably still be in the UK.
Of course Fenwick came here and did great but he had a decent budget to work with.

At the end of the day a man who has rubbed shoulders with the best on the field and the bench.

Like the editing.

Is that Sherwood in the cap tackling people ;-)

Good luck Central.

VB

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2012, 01:05:31 PM »
I was checking out the training video. Other than a nice sound track, I noticed that a lot of them houses nearby the grounds have no burglarproof on the upstairs windows.

A good Chinapoo like bullet go take care of that.  ;D

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2012, 05:07:24 PM »
With the likes of Cyrano glen, Hayden Tinto, Marvin Oliver, Anthony Wolfe, Kevin Villarreal, Akeem Adams, Cyd grey central fc has a formidable group of players that are currently in training and hoping to make the team.

With a host of household names at least for us that manage to frequent the pro league and this site in their ranks central fc had an in-house scrimmage that I was privy to attend on Thursday. The game was played with 3 30min intervals and I think the score ended on 3-2 which was inconsequential in the larger scheme of things. The game was played between potential 1st teamers and able bodied squad players hoping to impress and earn the potential contract.

Points to note

Both teams had about 17 players each which counted to about 34 give or take some goal keepers. The number and quality of players available for the club to choose from is astounding at this stage in the season. Trinidad can easily host a 10 team league with local players alone

The game was played at a very high intensity. This was a pleasant surprise since it was ‘practice’ match and the intensity was welcome. With the coaches proving themselves able managers the set ups and overall player movement was well orchestrated

The potential 1st teamers proved a more technically gifted bunch than the second string team but both played very fiercely and the second string which housed some youthful talent played with more heart which is an intangible commodity in any football team. ‘playing for pick” which is the term used in football circles when trying to make a team proved a significant motivator

Graham rix proves to be an able man manager. From what I saw the players want to play for him and he wants to embark on this pro league adventure

Some notes on the players

Marvin Oliver and “ball pest” dictated the middle well and Marvin showed a lot of class in showing for the ball and his distribution

Tinto seemed a bit out of depth and unwilling to take on players and slightly overweight

Villarreal seems a classy player and scored a nice individual goal

Glen and Wolfe played well together and Wolfe in an attacking position is a torment to any backline

Simba Aberdeen and an u20 winger showed a lot of pace and ethic for the second string with the youth player grabbing himself a nice double

When I left the stadium rix had a couple of players doing push ups since he has a rule of no hands on hips all in good fun. The plan I believe was to whittle the squad down to an able 23 which I cannot imagine to be a fun process

It is unfortunate that the pro league has yet to grant central fc permission to enter. With no entry they cannot sign any players and this crew of free agents may drift away in to football oblivion
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2012, 05:49:54 PM »
Good stuff. Interesting read.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2012, 06:56:15 PM »
Respect, Shotta. Insight-filled.

It would be a travesty for this project to be bounced by the Pro League. As such, I don't want to entertain that thought, buh if it comes to that the group shouldn't disband.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 18, 2012, 11:23:15 AM »
...Professionalism is an approach to an activity that requires, among other things, the observance of a code of ethics and conduct. Central FC is approaching players who are signed to other TTFF clubs, in particular Super League clubs, without even requesting permission the permission of said clubs to speak to said players. Right now, Sancho's side (and another "Pro" League side I will not name now) have Westside Superstarz FC under pressure for fear of losing half their side. Simba Aberdeen is a registered FC Santa Rosa player. That's called "poaching". That's illegal under FIFA statutes and discourteous by any standard. It's a jungle out here! Anything goes as long as you have the money to back it up.

But this is consistent with the behaviour of "Pro" League clubs, which have done as much for years. For all the "ole talk", that league operates like a minor league. Witness, the flurry of activity concerning Central's application mere days before the league kicks off. Indeed, any good minor league has a deadline for applications.

Of course, the players involved are hardly blameless. They are registered with one team and talking to and trying out with another. "Professional" football indeed...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:44:34 AM by president »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 18, 2012, 12:48:33 PM »
Hear yuh President. But why name Central FC and refrain from naming the other "poaching" club?

Not that you should name any!

Professionalism in T&T like anywhere else will be as good as the enforcement of checks and balances. . .
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 18, 2012, 12:58:16 PM »
..."Hear yuh President. But why name Central FC and refrain from naming the other "poaching" club? Not that you should name any!
Professionalism in T&T like anywhere else will be as good as the enforcement of checks and balances. . .

No need to. This thread is about Central but ALL the "Pro" League clubs do it. So what? If nobody enforces the right thing then we could ignore someone doing the wrong? Right and wrong are not matters of convenience. If you in favour of Sancho forming a team at the drop of a hat that's fine. But that doesn't mean that you should ignore professional ethics and practice..
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 01:00:25 PM by president »

1]; } ?>