April 17, 2024, 10:09:46 PM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 171705 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho launches Central FC
« Reply #150 on: August 18, 2012, 01:15:01 PM »
...Professionalism is an approach to an activity that requires, among other things, the observance of a code of ethics and conduct. Central FC is approaching players who are signed to other TTFF clubs, in particular Super League clubs, without even requesting permission the permission of said clubs to speak to said players. Right now, Sancho's side (and another "Pro" League side I will not name now) have Westside Superstarz FC under pressure for fear of losing half their side. Simba Aberdeen is a registered FC Santa Rosa player. That's called "poaching". That's illegal under FIFA statutes and discourteous by any standard. It's a jungle out here! Anything goes as long as you have the money to back it up.

But this is consistent with the behaviour of "Pro" League clubs, which have done as much for years. For all the "ole talk", that league operates like a minor league. Witness, the flurry of activity concerning Central's application mere days before the league kicks off. Indeed, any good minor league has a deadline for applications.

Of course, the players involved are hardly blameless. They are registered with one team and talking to and trying out with another. "Professional" football indeed...

Great outline of the malady. How do you propose treating it generally? And, how have you addressed the issue with respect to your club?

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2012, 01:36:38 PM »
..."Great outline of the malady. How do you propose treating it generally? And, how have you addressed the issue with respect to your club?"...

...For starters: 1) Contracts for non-amateur/professional players that all parties must respect, 2) Enforcement of same by all leagues and TTFF, including standardized transfer and registration deadlines, guidelines for approach to contracted players and penalties for broaching of same, 3) Mandatory payment of a development fee for Under 23 players, according to FIFA guidelines, which is something the TTFF and the "Pro" league have consistently refused to enact. But the TTFF don't care and the "Pro" League clubs have no desire to "self-police" their predatory behaviour. They are just as dis-organized as the TTFF but fly "under the radar" of public criticism because people generally want the concept of full-time professional football in TnT to succeed, which BTW, it can't...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 01:43:24 PM by president »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2012, 01:46:35 PM »
..."Hear yuh President. But why name Central FC and refrain from naming the other "poaching" club? Not that you should name any!
Professionalism in T&T like anywhere else will be as good as the enforcement of checks and balances. . .

No need to. This thread is about Central but ALL the "Pro" League clubs do it. So what? If nobody enforces the right thing then we could ignore someone doing the wrong? Right and wrong are not matters of convenience. If you in favour of Sancho forming a team at the drop of a hat that's fine. But that doesn't mean that you should ignore professional ethics and practice..

The problem is that you coming off like yuh have an axe to grind against Central FC.  If you have all the answers then why isn't FC Santa Rosa doing better under your hand?

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2012, 02:18:19 PM »
"...The problem is that you coming off like yuh have an axe to grind against Central FC.  If you have all the answers then why isn't FC Santa Rosa doing better under your hand?"...

That's a response that clouds an issue and blocks progress. Is there anything I have said in terms of proper procedure and standards that is incorrect? This is nothing to do with personalities or politics. But this IS "sweet TnT", where so many people can't separate issues and move at warp speed from discussing an issue to personal attack.

That said, FC Santa Rosa is a club of twenty years standing (1992-2012). One of only two Super League clubs to field a team in all three youth divisions of the Super League competition, (Joe Public FC being the other), in 2012 Santa Rosa finished 2nd in the Under 14 division, 3rd in the Under 16 and joint first in the Under 18 (the final was never played). The club has fielded a senior team only since 2010 when a men's team was formed from its 2009 Super League Under 17 title-winning team and entered in the Eastern FA's first division. This team duly won the competition and was promoted to the EFA's premier division, which the team won in 2011, along with promotion to the 2012 Super League. In other words, the club moved from youth football to Super League membership in two seasons (2010-2011). This is unheard of. Indeed, so many clubs have attempted repeatedly over the years to move from regional football to the Super League. Santa Rosa achieved this in its first Champion of Champions tournament. Note well, the club currently sits fifth in the 12-team standings ahead of tomorrow's round of matches.

FC Santa Rosa also runs a football school for players aged six to seventeen, and has a community outreach programme, a social development programme for players and their family members, and works with young offenders. Currently, Santa Rosa provides the captain of the national Under 20 team, Duane Muckette, who plays with the club's senior team, and the second leading scorer of the national Under 17 team in the recently-concluded CFU qualifying tournament, Kishun Seecharan. Note well, Muckette joined the club at six, and Seecharan at age ten.

FYI, Santa Rosa has a very current website (www.1stfcsantarosa.com) and facebook page (1.fc santa rosa). Maybe you should look them up. The club has formed several partnerships with commercial entities. Again, check the website. Finally, over the twenty years Santa Rosa has facilitated in-numerable foreign scholarships for young players, to both high school and university. Indeed, Santa Rosa may be the only club in TnT to offer an annual challenge trophy for "Student-Player of the Year". Many of the young men involved in this programme have returned to TnT with their degree(s) to contribute to society and the club.

Clearly, none of this SUCCESS would be possible in the absence of an effective organizational structure and dedicated personnel. I don't understand your question about Santa Rosa's performance, therefore. The yard stick you use falls short by some measure. See how much I know about Santa Rosa? You should try to follow football. So let me repeat - this has NOTHING to do with like or dislike for Sancho or anyone else. You should not express dodgy opinions and not ask irrelevant questions...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 02:45:12 PM by president »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2012, 02:35:16 PM »
...Professionalism is an approach to an activity that requires, among other things, the observance of a code of ethics and conduct. Central FC is approaching players who are signed to other TTFF clubs, in particular Super League clubs, without even requesting permission the permission of said clubs to speak to said players. Right now, Sancho's side (and another "Pro" League side I will not name now) have Westside Superstarz FC under pressure for fear of losing half their side. Simba Aberdeen is a registered FC Santa Rosa player. That's called "poaching". That's illegal under FIFA statutes and discourteous by any standard. It's a jungle out here! Anything goes as long as you have the money to back it up.

But this is consistent with the behaviour of "Pro" League clubs, which have done as much for years. For all the "ole talk", that league operates like a minor league. Witness, the flurry of activity concerning Central's application mere days before the league kicks off. Indeed, any good minor league has a deadline for applications.

Of course, the players involved are hardly blameless. They are registered with one team and talking to and trying out with another. "Professional" football indeed...

I understand your concerns, Mr President. However, it is not practical to contact all of the amateur clubs from whom the 50 or so players who arrived to the try outs on their own initiative. It is, in fact, the players responsibility to inform their clubs that they are trying out for another team. As far as I'm aware, no member of the club management has instigated an approach to any player from another club with the intent of "poaching" a player.

Of course, no player has been signed to a contract as Central F.C. are not as yet a Pro League club. However, it is apparent that the players are interested in being paid for playing and that they are attracted by the coaching regime at the club. 

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2012, 02:40:36 PM »
...Ahhh, I see. Don't ask, don't tell. Right?. Well, sorry, but I believe a responsible (potential) employer checks for relevant information - like: What's your resume? Do you currently work (play) else where? Are you available to work (play) with us? These should be the FIRST questions to be asked. And coaching regime has little, if anything, to do with it. If you offer money - men coming running. Sorry...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 02:43:24 PM by president »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2012, 02:48:05 PM »
"...The problem is that you coming off like yuh have an axe to grind against Central FC.  If you have all the answers then why isn't FC Santa Rosa doing better under your hand?"...

That's a response that clouds an issue and blocks progress. Is there anything I have said in terms of proper procedure and standards that is incorrect? This is nothing to do with personalities or politics. But this IS "sweet TnT", where so many people can't separate issues and move at warp speed from discussing an issue to personal attack.

"personal attack" you say? Methinks the lady doth protest too much...

Is FC Santa Rosa in the Pro League?  Is that not one of it's aspirations... or allyuh happy in de so-called 'Super League'?  If the answer is "no, we would like to get to the Pro League"... then my question is valid.  Why haven't you?  This is what I meant by my question, which you interpreted as a "personal attack".  You've now gone on ad nauseaum about why Central FC shouldn't be allowed in the Pro League because of slip shod procedures etc.  Yes, yes... we know, we heard you the first five times.  Procedures should be streamlined and followed etc... just look at the EPL and MLS etc... yes, we know.  But the PFL not there on that levell yet and understandably there will be growing pains, and as such there will be flexible procedures in place as necessary.  To hear you tell it, being flexible is akin to ad hoc or no procedure at all... which is far from the case.  Hence my comment... but feel free to interpret it as a personal attack if it makes you feel better.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2012, 02:51:57 PM »
...Ahhh, I see. Don't ask, don't tell. Right?. Well, sorry, but I believe a responsible (potential) employer checks for relevant information - like: What's your resume? Do you currently work (play) else where? Are you available to work (play) with us? These should be the FIRST questions to be asked. And coaching regime has little, if anything, to do with it. If you offer money - men coming running. Sorry...

Now you just talking shit.  You made very callous remarks about Central FC "approaching" players under contract to other PFL clubs.  Now it has been clarified that the club has not approached anyone, but held open tryouts, you trying to shift the goalpost to say that the club should invest time and resource into checking the 'resume' and background of every player before they allowed to tryout?  Not even in MLS they do that.. you look into the background once you determine an interest in the player, not willy nilly.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2012, 03:05:11 PM »
...Let's be clear. I never said Central should not be admitted to the "Pro" League. Find the quote where I do so and I will eat my words.

The TT "Pro" League is arbitrary in its operation, is on life support, and has been holding on for years. I will not discuss FC Santa Rosa's ambitions but it is clear that this league bumps from crisis to crisis and is highly unstable. Witness, Ma Pau, Southend, Starworld, Khelwaas, Fire, Tobago United, etc...Without the State teams and State support, such as it is, the league would have died of natural causes some time ago. Your argument about being "flexible" (and FS' argument for a "don't ask, don't tell" policy to recruitment) make perfect camouflage for a variety of ills and "mis-deeds" in local football. Nothing personal but I feel allyuh like the thing just so as long as allyuh could benefit from it. LOL...

The Super League, by contrast, is a league of community-based clubs. An average Super League match draws more spectators than a "Pro" League match because of this (Super Fridays being the exception, when great expense and effort are put into the event by the League - not the clubs). Let me tell you this, if I had TTD 2.5 million to invest in local football, it wouldn't be for a season in the "Pro" League. Witness the miserable saga of San Juan Jabloteh. Better to spend it on development of the grassroots game, players' personal development, community, social and educational development, infrastructure development. After spending many tens of millions Jabloteh, and the other "Pro" League clubs don't even have a training field to call their own and all their players gone.

In any event, good luck to Central and the "Pro" League, yes. There is no difference of opinion possible in TnT without personal objectives being ascribed to an opposing point of view, and without people being subjected to venom and abuse. Whatever, man...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 03:30:09 PM by president »

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2012, 03:06:48 PM »
Bakes, Bakes, no need to come unglued man. Take it easy. LOL...All it takes is a question to the try-out attendees: "Are you now registered with another TTFF club?" See, that takes all of three seconds...

And you also ain't responding to my brief synopsis re: FC Santa Rosa pal...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 03:35:34 PM by president »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 18, 2012, 04:23:19 PM »
Look Loy... me saying yuh talking shit is not akin to me "coming unglued"... doh flatter yuhself, I have no dog in this fight.  Secondly, I didn't say that you said Central shouldn't be admitted, I said you said that the should not be admitted the way they are being admitted, with all this scrambling so close to the start of the season.  You can dicker with the words if you like, but parsing thru your statements that's the sum of your contention... I doh have to go look for quotes.

I also responded, even more briefly, to your "brief synopsis", pal.  Isn't getting in the ProLeague an aspiration of Santa Rosa?  Why they not in the Pro League when a "juss come" like Central on the verge of being admitted?  Yes, yes... yuh contend they well-run, etc. etc.  Nice to know... but why they not doing "better".  Or allyuh reach allyuh level in de Super League?  If that is the case then fine... I have no issue with that.

See pal? I did respond.  Nothing wrong with "difference of opinion", but when yuh sounding like a broken record then yeah, man will say "this starting to sound like a grudge".  Not a statement of fact, an observation... so ease up on de belly aching about yuh cyah cricticise. Your serve.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 05:39:33 PM by Bakes »

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2012, 04:41:54 PM »
..."personal attack" you say? Methinks the lady doth protest too much...

Is FC Santa Rosa in the Pro League?  Is that not one of it's aspirations... or allyuh happy in de so-called 'Super League'?  If the answer is "no, we would like to get to the Pro League"... then my question is valid.  Why haven't you?  This is what I meant by my question, which you interpreted as a "personal attack".  You've now gone on ad nauseaum about why Central FC shouldn't be allowed in the Pro League because of slip shod procedures etc.

...Your words Bakes boy, not mine. And your "logic" is hilarious. By your yardstick Central is doing "better" than FC Santa Rosa simply because they have applied to join the "Pro" League...and they ain't have no players, no history, no titles, nutten. In fact, they ain't even kick a ball yet!!  TTD 400'000 to REGISTER to play in a "professional" league that includes men playing for TTD one and two thousand a month and which struggles to pay prize money? You should pick that up and forget me! :rotfl: :rotfl:...OK pal. OK...Good luck to Central. Nothing against Sancho, I mean that. It's all about the lack of professional standards in the "Pro" league. Now, have the last word if you want it...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 05:08:26 PM by president »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2012, 05:27:46 PM »
Man oh man..........look how things change.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2012, 05:43:15 PM »
Man oh man..........look how things change.

Things eh change... he just showing he true colors.  Crabs in a barrel.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2012, 06:31:09 PM »
..."personal attack" you say? Methinks the lady doth protest too much...

Is FC Santa Rosa in the Pro League?  Is that not one of it's aspirations... or allyuh happy in de so-called 'Super League'?  If the answer is "no, we would like to get to the Pro League"... then my question is valid.  Why haven't you?  This is what I meant by my question, which you interpreted as a "personal attack".  You've now gone on ad nauseaum about why Central FC shouldn't be allowed in the Pro League because of slip shod procedures etc.

...Your words Bakes boy, not mine. And your "logic" is hilarious. By your yardstick Central is doing "better" than FC Santa Rosa because they have applied to join the "Pro" League...and they ain't have no players, no history, no titles. In fact, they ain't even kick a ball yet!!  :rotfl: :rotfl:...ok pal. ok...Good luck to Central. Nothing against Sancho, I mean that. It's all about the lack of professional standards in the "Pro" league. Now, have the last word if you want it...

The most positive thing that has come out of the creation of Central F.C is debates like this. The Pro League does need to be examined because it should be every players, every clubs, every supporters, Holy Grail. That's how football works. The fact that there is a glass ceiling at the top of the football pyramid is one of the causes of football's stagnation in T&T. Promotion and relegation are key incentives and they don't exist in professional football here.

We have seen that the TTFF is a closed shop and cannot be accessed by new young blood. But the Pro League can. Mr President, we have two choices: Leave things as they are and stagnate further, or bring change. You can't bring change without ruffling some feathers. That's not a bad thing because we get debates like this. You have made a lot of uninformed comments about Central F.C., and I find that unfortunate coming from a man who has such stature in the local game.

Central F.C. have not been created to play Pro League football. They have been created to develop a new template for other clubs to follow. You say Santa Rosa have achieved so much, and I agree. However, they have never gone out and brought $2.5 million of new money into T&T football. We all lament the lack of corporate involvement, yet when new money comes into the game, it's treated with disdain. The Central F.C. offering is about better coaching for players and developing better coaches for the nation. Your comment about men playing for money reveals a lot about your understanding of players. Practically every Pro League club is offering better salaries than Central. The players who have trained with Central have really bought into the coaches philosophy. They understand that he can help them improve their game, and, of course, they want to play overseas. Ask any player if he wants an extra $500 or the chance to be coached by the man who coached Zola, Vialli, Poyet, Le Saux, Wise, Petrescu, Di Matteo etc and discovered the likes of a fat 13 year old John Terry on a sunday morning. If he chooses the $500, we don't want him anyway.

Mr Rix has asked me to invite you along to a training session so that you can see how we train, and, if you like, sit down with him and the coaches and just hear our philosophy. You don't have to like us, but at least take the opportunity to see for yourself if this is a better way to move forward.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 18, 2012, 06:45:47 PM »
We would have gone from one jack to another. Yuh does really see men true colors eh. SMH

FS, alyuh doh study noboidy eh, press on.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2012, 07:13:53 PM »
...FS, it's not a question of me liking or not liking Central, Sancho, you or anybody else. My critique is based on a desire for professional standards. Men here could talk all they want and say what they want about me. They don't even know me and I couldn't care less. Good luck to Central...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 18, 2012, 08:05:15 PM »
We would have gone from one jack to another. Yuh does really see men true colors eh. SMH

FS, alyuh doh study noboidy eh, press on.

Remember when Look Loy responded and men here was saying that he was no different from the rest of the Warner cronies inside the TTFF?  I kinda regret arguing that he should be given the benefit of the doubt now because frankly the pettiness and tribalism I seeing coming from him now just real disappointing.  Is one thing to question the Pro League procedures, to take cheap shots at people who trying to make a difference, even if they are "competitors", just kinda unwarranted.  And no, I comfortable here in the US and far from the bacchanal, so as I say, I have no dog in the fight... I just observing.

truetrini

« Reply #168 on: August 18, 2012, 08:24:34 PM »
Look Loy and others latch unto Jack's nipples like a tick in a cow's ass.

When Jack was sending he to be all kinda fifa analyst he eh walk away and say the TTFF is shit..nah..he take what he could get and when it start to fall apart he tried to grab a piece.

Doh try dat!

Offline JustL9VE

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2012, 03:31:31 PM »
i think you guys are being too hard on the president.

the President is correct! their should be standards and procedures in T&T football!! yes! standards for approaching potential players should be documented and adhered to, for fear of some possible financial and/or other risk. However, in my opinion, Central Fc are in the process of building a squad, and I believe they should be entitled to recruit in as fair a manner as is possible. I do not see how they could have gone about this daunting task, without contacting players. Footballers aren't registered, there isn't a database of players for potential clubs to access, or any representing body (or agent) to contact. There are no guidelines, laws, or precedent to follow in T&T football, and this is the real issue we should all be addressing.
we spend way too much time measuring cocks, and the true issue is lost!

to clear the air on player poaching! I was invited to tryout with Central fc in a casual manner, by a gentleman whom i hold in high esteem, why wouldn't I take up the challenge! I am 25 years old, and i've spent the majority of my boyhood dreaming about being a professional footballer...soo first session gone (and nobody say dont come back! HMM!) why wouldn't I be eager to attend the next one! I have not signed a document, i have not received compensation, the practice times don't clash with my club's....the only person that should kick a fuss is my employer; however, i am a 3.2/4.0 gpa marketing (and full football schol) graduate who is severely under employed, i do my job excellently yet only need half the day to do it..make me care!

I have been on many teams, mostly winning ones : QRC form 1(1 title), u14 (3 titles), Intercol (1 title). Joe Public u15 (2 titles), Super League (3 titles), Super star Rangers u16 (3 or 4 titles), Jabloteh u17, T&T National U17, Canisius College (USA), Buderim Wanderers (Australia- 1Title)...i'm a mothereffin winner lol... and i know a winning team when i see one...Do not belittle FC Santa Rosa, and the amazing work that Mr President has done. Many teams should definitely try to emulate Santa Rosa, and they should wish to be lucky enough to achieve what they have, and to churn out the players (quality and quantity) that they do!!!! FC Santa Rosa may not win the Super League this year nor next year, but i'm sure they will, and they may win it a whole lot of times!!!! one of the best for developing young players in my opinion. That being said, I was recruited to FC Santa Rosa in quite the same manner!!! I had been a registered Joe Public player for the last 2 seasons, yet i am now registered to play with FC santa rosa...a phone call and simple one pager was enough to see me play for a new team, i could not tell you whether or not the JP coach was pleased. and now i've been trying out for a pro-team, whilst registered to play super league, without the written consent of my super league team. Should this be allowed?! I think not! However, what other process is there to follow? As it stands, unless I am signed to a contract, if i feel to train with los iros united I can! Its not correct, but that is how it is....until we ALL can change it...

If you are of the view that football needs to developed from the grass roots, and emphasis needs to be placed on development...then you are totally correct!!! That is the way to move T&T football forward. However! if you believe that football can be developed from a professional level downwards...Then i'd say thats correct as well!!! That is the way to move T&T football forward.... If we stop arguing about the 'WAY' and take a look around us (head on a swivel) we would see what Mexico and Zambia has done within the last 5-6 years....Professionalism and Development work better in tandem guys... lets kill the dog fight...let that bs go out with the current regime...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2012, 04:41:57 PM »

the President is correct! their should be standards and procedures in T&T football!! yes! standards for approaching potential players should be documented and adhered to, for fear of some possible financial and/or other risk. However, in my opinion, Central Fc are in the process of building a squad, and I believe they should be entitled to recruit in as fair a manner as is possible. I do not see how they could have gone about this daunting task, without contacting players. Footballers aren't registered, there isn't a database of players for potential clubs to access, or any representing body (or agent) to contact. There are no guidelines, laws, or precedent to follow in T&T football, and this is the real issue we should all be addressing.

to clear the air on player poaching! I was invited to tryout with Central fc in a casual manner, by a gentleman whom i hold in high esteem, why wouldn't I take up the challenge! I am 25 years old, and i've spent the majority of my boyhood dreaming about being a professional footballer...soo first session gone (and nobody say dont come back! HMM!) why wouldn't I be eager to attend the next one! I have not signed a document, i have not received compensation, the practice times don't clash with my club's....the only person that should kick a fuss is my employer; however, i am a 3.2/4.0 gpa marketing (and full football schol) graduate who is severely under employed, i do my job excellently yet only need half the day to do it..make me care!

I have been on many teams, mostly winning ones : QRC form 1(1 title), u14 (3 titles), Intercol (1 title). Joe Public u15 (2 titles), Super League (3 titles), Super star Rangers u16 (3 or 4 titles), Jabloteh u17, T&T National U17, Canisius College (USA), Buderim Wanderers (Australia- 1Title)...i'm a mothereffin winner lol... and i know a winning team when i see one...Do not belittle FC Santa Rosa, and the amazing work that Mr President has done. Many teams should definitely try to emulate Santa Rosa, and they should wish to be lucky enough to achieve what they have, and to churn out the players (quality and quantity) that they do!!!! FC Santa Rosa may not win the Super League this year nor next year, but i'm sure they will, and they may win it a whole lot of times!!!! one of the best for developing young players in my opinion. That being said, I was recruited to FC Santa Rosa in quite the same manner!!! I had been a registered Joe Public player for the last 2 seasons, yet i am now registered to play with FC santa rosa...a phone call and simple one pager was enough to see me play for a new team, i could not tell you whether or not the JP coach was pleased. and now i've been trying out for a pro-team, whilst registered to play super league, without the written consent of my super league team. Should this be allowed?! I think not! However, what other process is there to follow? As it stands, unless I am signed to a contract, if i feel to train with los iros united I can! Its not correct, but that is how it is....until we ALL can change it...

If you are of the view that football needs to developed from the grass roots, and emphasis needs to be placed on development...then you are totally correct!!! That is the way to move T&T football forward. However! if you believe that football can be developed from a professional level downwards...Then i'd say thats correct as well!!! That is the way to move T&T football forward.... If we stop arguing about the 'WAY' and take a look around us (head on a swivel) we would see what Mexico and Zambia has done within the last 5-6 years....Professionalism and Development work better in tandem guys... lets kill the dog fight...let that bs go out with the current regime...

:beermug: lol @ "Head on a swivel"   ;)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2012, 06:04:59 PM »

Nice going youthman, ah wish yuh all de best.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2012, 09:48:05 PM »
Fellas, in an attempt to paint a realistic picture of some of what happens within the day to day developments of an aspiring pro team in Trinidad, I took the opportunity to document some of the good (previous 2 videos), but also some of the bad. Some days are amazing, and some leave allot to be desired. This video demonstrates just that - a bad day at the "office" and the reaction of an entire staff pushing for higher standards....I have been given allot of access to the inner workings of this particular team, and will continue to document what I can about the struggles and successes involved with an aspiring pro team in Trinidad and Tobago. Let me know if there are any particular topics that fellas maybe interested in seeing, and I will do my best to address them in my coverage....Bless!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqzZCaTpO5k

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #173 on: August 22, 2012, 01:19:31 AM »
Amwood:

who is the two fair skin fellas at the front of the group?

Who is the eye candy you throw in at the end. Or you just throw she in  ;D

Is there an actual owner of Central FC?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2012, 02:41:33 AM »
young fella in red is jack weedon..trini/brit, just finished school abroad and decided to come home and try the football there
Back in Trini...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sancho confident of Central FC being accepted into the Pro League
« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2012, 05:02:19 AM »
Sancho confident of Central FC being accepted into the Pro League
Central FC Media

“We will be competing in the Pro League this season” That’s the message from Central F.C. Managing Director, Brent Sancho concerning the club’s application to join T&T’s professional football league. “We’ve had lots of discussions with Dexter Skeene and members of the board and I believe it’s now just a formality”

Sancho explained that the Pro League are now very cautious about admitting new teams as there have been instances of teams running out of funding before the season has ended. “Obviously, the financial stability of league clubs is just as important to Central F.C. as it is to the existing Pro League clubs. These clubs have invested an awful lot of money into the league over the years and, understandably, they are very protective of the brand. One of the positive elements of new teams like Central F.C. joining the league is that we can bring fresh management concepts to support the leagues longevity.”

Meanwhile, The Sharks new Head Coach, former Arsenal captain, Graham Rix, took a trip to Larry Gomes stadium on Sunday as part of Central F.C.s community programme. The stadium was the venue for the Haywood Cup 7 a side tournament that saw teams from across the country competing in a stadium tournament. Rix, who spotted England defender John Terry as a 13 year old at a youth tournament in London while Chelsea youth team coach, wanted to take this opportunity to check out the local talent.

“Of course, professional football is all about results” said Rix “But my real passion is in developing potential. I have already seen that there are some footballers in T&T with great ability. But if they want to play at a higher level outside of the Caribbean, there is still much to learn.”

Rix, who was assistant to Chelsea Managers, Ruud Gulitt and Gianluca Vialli said that people shouldn’t expect to see fireworks at Central F.C. “The players we have at Central are very accomplished and many have played in the Pro League and internationally. They don’t need big changes made in their game. I suppose that what I can offer them is the subtle, yet important little things that can take their game to the next level. They’re a great bunch of lads and I’m really enjoying the training sessions”

Rix made a short speech before the winners of the Haywood Cup received their trophies, encouraging young people to spend more time involved with sport.

“It’s a theme that we will continue throughout the year” said Operations Director, Kevin Harrison. “Tournaments such as the Haywood Cup need more support. There are teams here from all over the country and it gives people the chance to socialise and have fun with people they would not usually meet.”

Harrison said that one of the reasons that The Sharks wanted to support this event was because teams were playing against other regions for the first time.

“With the zonal leagues etc, players don’t always get to play against footballers from other areas. Today we saw teams from all over Trinidad with San Fernando finally beating La Horquetta in the final. All credit goes to the organisers and the teams taking part”

Harrison said that Central F.C. will be aiming to devise many community projects in the Central Region over the coming months.

“We want to support the Central community, and we will ensure that we make ourselves visible. We are keen to partner with local businesses to develop a big programme of community projects. We hope that everyone from the Region will get behind us and support the club this season” said Harrison 

Anyone wishing to contact the club can email them at info.centralfc@gmail.com
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho confident of Central FC being accepted into the Pro League
« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2012, 06:30:10 AM »
Mods,

please merge this thread.  ;D

VB

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho confident of Central FC being accepted into the Pro League
« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2012, 01:06:05 PM »
Mods,

please merge this thread.  ;D

VB

...and re-title the other one, lol

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2012, 04:12:11 PM »
I curious.

Who really own this club?

Sancho keep saying "We." But is there a collective ownership or is there a sole individual.

VB

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2012, 07:18:28 PM »
Amwood:

who is the two fair skin fellas at the front of the group?

Who is the eye candy you throw in at the end. Or you just throw she in  ;D

Is there an actual owner of Central FC?

VB

There are allot of lookers around this team :-)

1]; } ?>