April 19, 2024, 07:01:30 AM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 171850 times)

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Central FC joins the T&T Pro League
« Reply #210 on: September 09, 2012, 08:47:14 AM »
To many wolves in sheep clothing right here on this site.

Central FC has had great support from socawarriors.net website and yet they decided to take their business to wired868 and be a sponsor with them.

Flex, be careful, there are wolves among us, not Sharks, Kevin wants volenteer to work for Central FC free meanwhile he's not working for free and use the socawarriors.net to get his info and news out.

I do not care who vex with my comment, but I am right. And they have the nerve to talk about Jack.

Jack will rise again and the world will beg for him to come back and I hope he says NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 09, 2012, 09:50:58 AM »

Central FC has had great support from socawarriors.net website and yet they decided to take their business to wired868 and be a sponsor with them.

Flex, be careful, there are wolves among us, not Sharks, Kevin wants volenteer to work for Central FC free meanwhile he's not working for free and use the socawarriors.net to get his info and news out.

I do not care who vex with my comment, but I am right. And they have the nerve to talk about Jack.

Jack will rise again and the world will beg for him to come back and I hope he says NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I get paid. And as I clearly stated, we have no budget for additional staff. Hence, if people wish to volunteer, we would be grateful.

See, unlike a certain government minister who you seem very close to, we don't have to pay people to help us. People want to help because they believe in what we're doing. As long as we respect them, involve them, they enjoy being a part of something exciting.  And, of course, as things get better financially, there may well be salaries or stipends.

As for Wired 868 vs SW.Net, there is no issue. Central F.C. have assisted Lasana in obtaining sponsors, so in gratitude, our logo is on the site. Unfortunately, we can't afford to buy a paper to get our views heard.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 09:53:29 AM by Football supporter »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 09, 2012, 10:23:41 AM »
2 things when my supporters Jersey becoming available (titled "maxg"), have to make arrangements for someone to pickup..
and where is the I-site ? :waiting:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 09, 2012, 11:20:22 AM »
2 things when my supporters Jersey becoming available (titled "maxg"), have to make arrangements for someone to pickup..

I doubt if we'll have replica jerseys this season. I know this will attract criticism, but we literally can't afford to purchase extra shirts that don't sell. It's our aim to develop the relationship with Adidas to solve the issue.
Another problem is the taxes payable when the shirts reach T&T. The next problem is that we have to import them, print the logos etc and then export them to those overseas, while keeping them affordable. I imagine we can offer shirts at around TT$300, which isn't bad, but we have to create demand first and will have to build in shipping costs. Then there's the issue about how many to order and in which sizes.

We really do want people wearing the shirts, but it's just too early for us to resolve these issues at the moment.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 09, 2012, 12:16:58 PM »

I doubt if we'll have replica jerseys this season. I know this will attract criticism, but we literally can't afford to purchase extra shirts that don't sell. It's our aim to develop the relationship with Adidas to solve the issue.
Another problem is the taxes payable when the shirts reach T&T. The next problem is that we have to import them, print the logos etc and then export them to those overseas, while keeping them affordable. I imagine we can offer shirts at around TT$300, which isn't bad, but we have to create demand first and will have to build in shipping costs. Then there's the issue about how many to order and in which sizes.

We really do want people wearing the shirts, but it's just too early for us to resolve these issues at the moment.

so wait, it don't have no local jersey manufacturers..big Carnival costume making country, and we can't make some football replica jerseys, or quality football uniforms for that matter..what, the breeze might take it on the stage ??.mine doh have to be no adidas or no brand...as a matter of fact I woulda settle for a mzChaguanas seamstress....if adidas is not yet sponsoring you, don't use adidas..it must have local jersery ppl, provides work and maybe support...u saying the quality that bad  or non-existent? Of Course i understand that is not the priority now, take yuh time..but unless brand supporting, later for brand, that goes for product & ppl, outside your present area of operation.
I'm sure yáll know best, handle the direct club stuff 1st...we outsiders can wait...ps: don't sell yuh jersey at no cost, should be a markup..put me on the list anyway...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 09, 2012, 12:19:59 PM »
Not good quality you getting local. Some grimey looking thing
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 09, 2012, 01:53:18 PM »
really ? wow...so how dem managing to stay in business ? who dem selling too ? maybe if everybody make an effort to give & demand quality, everybody could operate on a more professional level ? or we have to continue going foreign for everything ? players too !

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 09, 2012, 02:24:32 PM »
really ? wow...so how dem managing to stay in business ? who dem selling too ? maybe if everybody make an effort to give & demand quality, everybody could operate on a more professional level ? or we have to continue going foreign for everything ? players too !

Smaller teams, youth teams. That's where the money coming. Who knows why the quality low, by now i would of expected Rossi to be a major player in cloths yet they at the same standard years now.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 09, 2012, 06:16:54 PM »

Smaller teams, youth teams. That's where the money coming. Who knows why the quality low, by now i would of expected Rossi to be a major player in cloths yet they at the same standard years now.

We actually looked at this closely. We even thought about approaching the Govt for subsidies. The problem is quite simple: the material is too expensive to import. By the time you've added in labour and created stock, the items become too expensive. In order for the local manufacturer to sell the items at a price that the market (which is mainly schools, youth groups etc) can afford, they have to buy in lesser quality cloth than most adults would like. Hence, buying overseas. China and India's labour costs are so low and they manufacture in such large quantities, it's impossible for local manufacturers to compete. 

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 09, 2012, 06:36:18 PM »

Of course I get paid. And as I clearly stated, we have no budget for additional staff. Hence, if people wish to volunteer, we would be grateful.

See, unlike a certain government minister who you seem very close to, we don't have to pay people to help us. People want to help because they believe in what we're doing. As long as we respect them, involve them, they enjoy being a part of something exciting.  And, of course, as things get better financially, there may well be salaries or stipends.

As for Wired 868 vs SW.Net, there is no issue. Central F.C. have assisted Lasana in obtaining sponsors, so in gratitude, our logo is on the site. Unfortunately, we can't afford to buy a paper to get our views heard.

Glad to hear you assisted Wired 868, how come you never did the same for SW.Net ? are't they your friends to ?

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 09, 2012, 06:52:04 PM »

We actually looked at this closely. We even thought about approaching the Govt for subsidies. The problem is quite simple: the material is too expensive to import. By the time you've added in labour and created stock, the items become too expensive. In order for the local manufacturer to sell the items at a price that the market (which is mainly schools, youth groups etc) can afford, they have to buy in lesser quality cloth than most adults would like. Hence, buying overseas. China and India's labour costs are so low and they manufacture in such large quantities, it's impossible for local manufacturers to compete. 
thanks for now guys...I thought the material would have been the cheapest commodity, considering the amount of cloth importers/traders  we always had in the country. The garment industry has always been some measure of control in our local manufacturing however.  interesting...i was looking for the labour..
Mohair used to rule(my time)...now is breathable fabric..found some chines manufacturers offering 8-10 US a uniform set..we should hookup the masmen in the offseason to create a yarn or 2, yes
http://www.thebiznizdir.com/Trinidad_and_Tobago/C0/Garment_Manufacturers.php
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:56:52 PM by maxg »

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 13, 2012, 08:33:14 AM »
If nobody buys local, then how are they to improve their quality ??? I say purchase from the local suppliers and ask for better quality or design it and give them the specs. that you want.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 13, 2012, 02:13:04 PM »
If nobody buys local, then how are they to improve their quality ??? I say purchase from the local suppliers and ask for better quality or design it and give them the specs. that you want.

I hear you. Problem is (and theres always a problem, right?) is that the cloth is bought from Panama and the quantity is such that it would just be too expensive. Maybe the manufacturer would take a chance, but they are a hand to mouth small business and probably couldn't make the investment.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 14, 2012, 06:39:00 AM »

I hear you. Problem is (and theres always a problem, right?) is that the cloth is bought from Panama and the quantity is such that it would just be too expensive. Maybe the manufacturer would take a chance, but they are a hand to mouth small business and probably couldn't make the investment.
But should this not be subsidized the same way Carnival Mass Bands get help to bring in raw materials ??

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 14, 2012, 08:15:17 AM »

But should this not be subsidized the same way Carnival Mass Bands get help to bring in raw materials ??
I didn't know about a subsidy, but this is what I was wondering, I know for a fact, quality material would come in for Carnival...I know for a fact the majority of Mass Bands do not make money or operate at a loss, yet  can't get quality raw material for viable production & market at a reasonable cost? Like it cheaper to get guns ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Central FC roster
« Reply #225 on: September 15, 2012, 07:14:44 AM »
Goalkeepers
Marvin Phillip
Shane Mattis

Defenders
Dylon Charle
Keion Goodridge
Kelvin Smith
Corneal Thomas
Kevaughn Connell

Midfielders
Marc Leslie
Hayden Tinto
Keron Cummings
Marvin Oliver
Tyrone Charles
Sayid Freitas
Carey Harris
Shaquille Nesbitte
Cyrano Glen
Adrian Noel
Quincy Charles
Jameel Neptune

Forwards                              
Anthony Wolfe
Simba Aberdeen
Darryl Trim
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 15, 2012, 07:28:17 AM »
FS...dem sharkettes too young man....it not fair on a poor old man like me watching the match in the stands man
one ask me in the stadium last night if I is so and so daddy...ah shame man

good job man...all the best wishes...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 15, 2012, 08:19:21 AM »
FS...dem sharkettes too young man....it not fair on a poor old man like me watching the match in the stands man

I hear you bro! Football is a young mans game, ent?  :rotfl:

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 15, 2012, 10:51:31 AM »
Strong Team in such a short time. Who won, Bigs? How did Central play?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 10:16:32 PM by Cocorite »
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 15, 2012, 11:16:33 AM »
Goalkeepers
Marvin Phillip
Shane Mattis

Defenders
Dylon Charle
Keion Goodridge
Kelvin Smith
Corneal Thomas
Kevaughn Connell

Midfielders
Marc Leslie
Hayden Tinto
Keron Cummings
Marvin Oliver
Tyrone Charles
Sayid Freitas
Carey Harris
Shaquille Nesbitte
Cyrano Glen
Adrian Noel
Quincy Charles
Jameel Neptune

Forwards                              
Anthony Wolfe
Simba Aberdeen
Darryl Trim

Based on this, should the team be called "Not-from-Central FC"?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 15, 2012, 11:45:07 AM »
Stronl Team in such a short time. Who won, Bigs? How did Central play?

Centrals first Pro League game is 2nd October due to W.connections CONCACAF commitments.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 15, 2012, 11:47:57 AM »

Centrals first Pro League game is 2nd October due to W.connections CONCACAF commitments.
Goalkeepers
Marvin Phillip
Shane Mattis

Defenders
Dylon Charle
Keion Goodridge
Kelvin Smith
Corneal Thomas
Kevaughn Connell

Midfielders
Marc Leslie
Hayden Tinto
Keron Cummings
Marvin Oliver
Tyrone Charles
Sayid Freitas
Carey Harris
Shaquille Nesbitte
Cyrano Glen
Adrian Noel
Quincy Charles
Jameel Neptune

Forwards                              
Anthony Wolfe
Simba Aberdeen
Darryl Trim

At the open trials, these were the players selected. Looks like "Not-from-Central FC"? can join the likes of "Not-from-Man City"!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 15, 2012, 01:01:28 PM »
Goalkeepers
Marvin Phillip
Shane Mattis

Defenders
Dylon Charle
Keion Goodridge
Kelvin Smith
Corneal Thomas
Kevaughn Connell

Midfielders
Marc Leslie
Hayden Tinto
Keron Cummings
Marvin Oliver
Tyrone Charles
Sayid Freitas
Carey Harris
Shaquille Nesbitte
Cyrano Glen
Adrian Noel
Quincy Charles
Jameel Neptune

Forwards                              
Anthony Wolfe
Simba Aberdeen
Darryl Trim

The cave finally get to cold or what?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 15, 2012, 05:49:25 PM »

Lol!
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 15, 2012, 10:17:48 PM »

Oh ok. Thanks.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 17, 2012, 12:36:19 PM »

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2012, 11:26:19 AM »
can we get like more video time..

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 19, 2012, 06:58:19 AM »

Glad to hear you assisted Wired 868, how come you never did the same for SW.Net ? are't they your friends to ?

Football supporter I see you didnot comment, like the question is to hard for you ?

And I am also please to see you go Joe Public player Hayden Tinto after you claimed to have send them home.

I see you are a BIG talker.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 19, 2012, 07:34:12 AM »

Football supporter I see you didnot comment, like the question is to hard for you ?

And I am also please to see you go Joe Public player Hayden Tinto after you claimed to have send them home.

I see you are a BIG talker.

Sunshine, I try to help wherever I can, especially with people I like, so obviously, I wouldn't p*ss on you if you were on fire.  Don't talk about big mens business that you don't understand. Go play on the highway.

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 19, 2012, 06:17:37 PM »
Just to add some fuel to this interesting debate - Central FC has negotiated to use Presentation College Chaguanas as their training base... Hon. Jack Warner's alma mata!

Considering the investment that He has made directly and indirectly over the last few years at the College, can we say that Central FC is using Minister Warner's facilities?  ;)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 06:21:27 PM by Raul »

1]; } ?>