March 28, 2024, 06:48:09 PM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 170832 times)

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Sharks: Central FC Thread
« Reply #330 on: June 25, 2013, 01:16:35 PM »
FS you'll should contact Min of Tourism also with all that free UK press releases the tour getting.   

Spoke to Tourism around 8 weeks ago, but they said they have no budget! Really disappointed with the response from Corporate T&T as well.

I now realise we should have organised to play Nikki Minaj instead!
:rotfl: :rotfl:   :yellowcard:  :-[
Sad but true

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 25, 2013, 02:10:04 PM »
FS you'll should contact Min of Tourism also with all that free UK press releases the tour getting.   

Spoke to Tourism around 8 weeks ago, but they said they have no budget! Really disappointed with the response from Corporate T&T as well.

I now realise we should have organised to play Nikki Minaj instead!
:rotfl: :rotfl:   :yellowcard:  :-[
Sad but true

:rotfl: :rotfl: oh gawd FS

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 26, 2013, 03:22:22 AM »
Collin Samuel is currently in Trinidad and is a free agent.

Take note Central.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 26, 2013, 06:03:40 AM »

Take note Central.

Good call, Sam...thanks  :beermug:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #334 on: June 26, 2013, 03:23:13 PM »

Take note Central.

http://www.cnc3.co.tt/sports/7pm-sports-2013-06-17

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 27, 2013, 10:28:23 PM »
Flex, I know you'll want to merge this, but thought it interesting to see how Walsall are covering the visit.

Hector ready for T&T visit...

“I have a lot of great memories of my season at Walsall""  Hector Sam

Former Saddlers striker, Hector Sam, is delighted that his current team, Central FC, are inviting his former club to Trinidad and Tobago for a pre season tour.

The Saddlers fly to the Caribbean next Wednesday, spending four days in Tobago and three days in Trinidad. Whilst over there, we will face three matches – against a Trinidad & Tobago XI, a League Select XI and our hosts, Central FC.

More.....

http://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/article/hector-sam-central-fc-882950.aspx

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 01:53:47 AM by Flex »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 28, 2013, 05:22:16 AM »
Welll there we go....we getting ah game before de gc....ah hope we cld build some confidence against this club....
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 28, 2013, 06:47:12 AM »
Welll there we go....we getting ah game before de gc....ah hope we cld build some confidence against this club....

It should read "Tobago XI". We were talking about Walsall playing T&T but Walsall can only play 3 games and because of how the trip is funded
 those games had to be vs Tobago, the Pro League and Central. Had TTFA offered $100,000, they could have played instead of Tobago. There is no money as yet from government for this trip, including Ministry of Sport or Tourism.

Stephen Hart did request a game vs Central F.C. on Thursday 4th, but we could only play on Wednesday 3rd, so not sure if it will happen.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 28, 2013, 01:05:44 PM »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 28, 2013, 01:15:58 PM »
Ok ok....hmphhh wayyyyy we cldna play caledonia self...give shabazz and sh ah lil competitionnn
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 02, 2013, 03:08:22 PM »
The players do not respect Terry Fenwick, especially the establish ones.

Terry Fenwick style is old school and he does not know how to speak with players and therefore they do not respect him.

These players cuss Fenwick during training and there is always a fight in Central training sessions. This is a joke guys, no other Pro League teams you will see this. I am talking in every practice sessions there are physical fighting, hand passing.

Fenwick is always on time and he is organized but he cannot coach Trinidad and Tobago, he tried to intimidate players instead of just training them. He treat the players in T&T with a slavery mentality.

There is a lot of thieving going on in the club locker room and the players have no discipline, so maybe this is why Terry uses this tactics? They have no behavior and I cant believe Sancho will allow this.

Central have to be crazy to pay Terry $5,000 USD per month that money could be better utilized and hire some decent local coach, get rid of the players with poor attitudes and build again as they could be bad examples for the younger ones.

Some players show up late and do not get fine while some do.

They need a Technical Director and who will overlook Terry Fenwick and the team performance.

Brent Sancho have control of the club I think but gives Terry to much power. Kevin Harrison needs to get involved and stick around in the sessions more often before he comes here to reply to me ( :devil: ) .

Fenwick had the money with Jabloteh and support and was successful but now that the playing field is leveled out Terry flaws is showing.

For example do you think any foreign players who were there will ever return to Central. I have spoken to a few and you will not believe.

Some of the top players in the league is; Joevin, Glen, Rundell, Trim, Teesdale (Kenwyne cousin), Sebro, Cyrus, Kareem Joseph, Devon Modeste, Belgrave, Gonzales to name a few.

Teesdale should be on the national side.

North East Stars and Defence Force have the best team chemistry despite not being the best team technically.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 03:24:21 PM by Insider »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #341 on: July 02, 2013, 03:17:13 PM »
The players do not respect Terry Fenwick, especially the establish ones.

Terry Fenwick style is old school and he does not know how to speak with players and therefore they do not respect him.

These players cuss Fenwick during training and there is always a fight in Central training sessions. This is a joke guys, no other Pro League teams you will see this. I am talking in every practice sessions there are physical fighting, hand passing.

Fenwick is always on time and he is organized but he cannot coach Trinidad and Tobago, he tried to immediate players instead of just training them. He treat the players in T&T with a slavery mentality.

There is a lot of thieving going on in the club locker room and the players have no discipline, so maybe this is why Terry uses this tactics? They have no behavior and I cant believe Sancho will allow this.

Central have to be crazy to pay Terry $5,000 USD per month that money could be better utilized and hire some decent local coach, get rid of the players with poor attitudes and build again as they could be bad examples for the younger ones.

Some players show up late and do not get fine while some do.

They need a Technical Director and who will overlook Terry Fenwick and the team performance.

Brent Sancho have control of the club I think but gives Terry to much power. Kevin Harrison needs to get involved and stick around in the sessions more often before he comes here to reply to me ( :devil: ) .

Fenwick had the money with Jabloteh and support and was successful but now that the playing field is leveled out Terry flaws is showing.

For example do you think any foreign players who were there will ever return to Central. I have spoken to a few and you will not believe.

Some of the top players in the league is; Joevin, Glen, Rundell, Trim, Teesdale (Kenwyne cousin), Sebro, Cyrus, Kareem Joseph, Devon Modeste, Belgrave, Gonzales to name a few.

Teesdale should be on the national side.

North East Stars and Defence Force have the best team chemistry despite not being the best team technically.

re. the bold. Do you mean "mediate"?

Just trying to understand.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 02, 2013, 03:21:08 PM »
I tort he was goin for 'intimidate'

ah fine FS takin well long to slide in here with shield and sword
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 02, 2013, 03:24:48 PM »
I meant Intimidate ..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 02, 2013, 03:42:46 PM »
I tort he was goin for 'intimidate'

ah fine FS takin well long to slide in here with shield and sword

No point Dutty....this is all a big fairy story. Why Insider would make this stuff up, I don't know. Perhaps he'll let us know his motives. After all, he wrote this only a few months ago:

I went to this training by Fenwick and you can see the players confidence is high especially with Byers around. I spoke with him after, nice fellow. Central FC will do good under Fenwick because he is strick and can get the best out of the players.

But I believe they need some time to gel as they look a little scrappy at times.

The team spirit has definitely been lifted.

:bs: :bs: :bs:

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 02, 2013, 04:29:49 PM »
Football supporter, let me make this clear.

1. I was a valid supporter of Terry Fenwick.

2. I really like Central.

3. I was impress by what I saw the first time I went there which was at the beginning of Fenwick.

I did not make this up.

There are a lot of truth in this. I also got this from a close source.

This, what I posted in not personal.

Apparently, Fenwick is an Englishman like yourself and I have nothing against you guys, I love the English stern organise way, but I hope it is not clouding your judgment on him. Maybe you need to secretly attend training sessions and a few and come back here and prove me wrong.

I am sure some of these things are very true.

I also mentioned, maybe Terry needs to act like this because the players are not discipline ?

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 04:41:38 PM by Insider »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #346 on: July 02, 2013, 04:50:52 PM »
Brent Sancho said: "It's behaviour that is indicative of all teams in this country, this is an epidemic but it is not as bad as that person put it- very much over the top".

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 02, 2013, 05:05:25 PM »
Well let me just add to this

I am currently more or less managing 2 players and Central offered them the opportunity to come try out during pre season and get a taste of pro football life.. one of the players is 16 years old....

Central have been nothing short of brilliant and professional in the way they handle their business and have made the experience very welcome for both players and myself by allowing me to sit in on the sessions and see the inner workings.

The sessions I have witnessed have been different class compared to others I have seen in Trinidad..  the intensity very high and very professional... Terry is very hands on and just his presence lifts the training to another level

I do not know what you are on about Insider.. all the "big" players there are Terry's boys.. Marvin Oliver, Hector Sam, Marcano etc..and all have been leaders during the sessions always offering advice to the younger players who are in abundance.. they have been great with my 16 year old player and he gives me the run down after and says they all encourage him and it is different class to what he has seen in Trinidad.. he is also very much enjoying Terry's sessions.. loves the intensity and hands on approach and the ability of Terry to get everything out of you

Terry is Terry... everyone in local football knows what he is about.. he demands the best from you..If your some player with an ego because you scored 40 goals in your school football career and think you've made it then you wont last in a pro career outside Trini... Terry does not care about who you are here, you have to prove it...and unfortunately you will come across players like that who fold up because they cannot handle it...

What do they think they will get in England or any other good league in Europe ?  do they think the coaching style will be laid back like their Intercol coaches or nice guy local pro league coaches ?

The players that may not like Terry approach are weak... mentally weak... no place in the game for softness.. all he wants is the best from them.. maybe they should use it as a reality check

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #348 on: July 02, 2013, 05:09:27 PM »
My questions are

Does Sancho, Jeffrey and Harrison attend training sessions regularly?

What about players behavior especially in public as the club image is very important and behavior reflects bad on the club. I too have also heard players getting rob, now I only heard this, so don't shoot the messenger.

Terry will have the team for next season I assume this is where we will see how good a coach he really is. With a relatively small budget and a regular bunch of players it will surely test his coaching skills. I know he is a hard nose coach and very organized so I am sure he will be strict and try to get the best out of players.

Central FC must get their own field if they are to progress.

Should ex-pro league players and their spouse given free admission to the league to help boost crowd support?

Was it FIFA money that built the Mannie, Ato, Dwight and Larry Gomes stadiums or was it strictly the T&T government? cause why does the government control all stadiums in T&T, shouldn't this be the responsibility of the TTFA? I know they may not have the money to maintain it but this is where FIFA grants come in, no?

Who are the teams for next season and when will the full fixtures be released?

10 years in existent and still we cannot get full fixtures.

How can the league be so poorly run?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 05:11:11 PM by Flex »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 02, 2013, 05:14:35 PM »
Flex,

I'm pretty sure those stadiums you mentioned were built by Govt. money, perhaps a subsidy from FIFA but TT stadiums like the HCS.

However, the Marvin Lee is a FIFIA ting that is why JW had it under manners so.

VB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 02, 2013, 05:48:01 PM »
Well I will admit that I was disappointed in Insiders comments.

Most of the reason is that it takes months to build a good reputation and seconds to lose it.

And people remember the negative rather than the positive coz its much better gossip.

To my knowledge there was one incident where players phones and some cash were stolen from a dressing room at Ato Boldon Stadium while the guys trained on the outside field. The security guard saw a guy arrive in a taxi wearing a Central F.C. polo shirt. He said he was late for training and the guard let him in. Thats the only occasion I've heard of Central F.C. players being robbed.

Players that are claiming Terry and Central are so terrible; are they ex players who are vexed because they've been cast aside and not offered new contracts?
There were several players who were sacked for various reasons including playing fete match the night before a Pro League game or constant late arrival for training and matches. Some of these guys tried to take legal action but nothing ever went to court. So was it them who complained?

If they are existing players, why did they re-sign if things are so bad?

A coach has to be given space to run his team how he sees fit. If he doesn't produce results, he gets sacked. As much as Management implement rules and guidelines, the coach runs the team. I have seen players leave who I like and seen players signed who I would not have chosen. It's not my call. I know of owners who tell the coach who to pick and then sack them if they don't win games. That is madness. You hire a coach to do a job. Let him do it. His results speak for him.

When I attend training sessions, I'm generally pleased with what I see.

Everybody here complains about the same old faces doing the same old things. We've come with something new. Yes, we're still learning, and it will be a few years before we have the club we really want. Two steps forward, one step back. But it's progress.

Flex, every team needs their own field. Once we raise $20 million, we'll build a stadium. To raise that money we must first build a brand.

I believe the Central F.C. brand, after less than one year, is very prominent. We have our haters: former players, govt ministers etc, but all in all, we're good. 

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 02, 2013, 06:15:13 PM »
Supporters shirt.

http://socawarriors.spreadshirt.com/central-fc-A12979765/customize/color/48

Nice! You know, I still have my sw,net T shirt from 2007. It's faded slightly now, but the quality is so good that it's near perfect.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #353 on: July 03, 2013, 02:01:41 AM »
Fenwick starts makeover Central aims for Pro League title.
T&T Guardian Reports.

English-born Central FC head coach Terry Fenwick has won the TT Pro League title a record three times in the T&T Pro League, in just over ten years of its existence.

Now, the Seaham-born lad is in pursuit of his first league title with Central and fourth overall. “We will be more than competitive this (season),” promised the former Tottenham Hotspur and England international defender. “We are looking at a top two finish… top one really.”

Fenwick’s three Pro League titles (2002, 2007 and 2008) have come during his coaching stints at the then financially robust San Juan Jabloteh, which, in 2012, suspended all its professional football operations due to financial constraints. Another Englishman Ricky Hill, a former club (Leicester City) and national teammate of Fenwick, won the only other Jabloteh Pro League championship in 2003.

Fenwick was sacked by the San Juan club in 2011, but has since then founded his academy, Football Factory, and balances his head coach position at the one-year-old professional outfit, Central FC. In January he replaced fellow countryman Graham Rix.

Fenwick and Central finished off the last season in fifth spot, a position dreaded by the 53-year old, with just 28 points and behind fourth positioned North East Stars (34 points), which is coached by the Englishman’s former apprentice and Jabloteh assistant coach, Angus Eve.

“Fourth will not be good enough for me,” said Fenwick who kicked off his club’s 2013-2014 pre-season campaign last Thursday. “Looking at other managers like Angus Eve (North East Stars), where they’ve had a good long pre-season and end up fourth.

That would not be good enough for me. “So we are putting our heads down. All my players will have a very strict, very disciplined and very hard pre-season. So when we come into that first game, they will be on side, in everything that we need to be.”

He said having his first Central FC pre-season gives him the opportunity to work with players and make sure they are well organised and disciplined, and that the players know what is required.

The no-nonsense coach kicked off preparations with a small group of players during Thursday’s session at Presentation College Ground, Chaguanas. The group included just three players, Marvin Oliver, Darryl Trim and Carey Harris, from the debuting 2012 Central FC squad at the beginning of last season.

Goalkeeper Marvin Phillip, presently with the T&T Senior Team in Florida, Miami, preparing for next month's Concacaf Gold Cup, is said to be the only other player from the Central debuting squad that is expected to remain within the fold.

Tobagonian quartet of Rundell Winchester, Omar Charles, Darren Mitchell and Dario Holmes, along with Jason Marcano, Johan Peltier and Hector Sam who all joined the club during the December-January transfer window have also been retained by Fenwick.

Notably absent was bulky Antigua and Barbuda striker Peter Byers, who was also signed during the December-January window and top scored for the club with ten goals in all competition.

But Byers, who also finished the league top scorer in 2007 under Fenwick at Jabloteh, may not be part of Central’s plans for the 2013-14 season according to a team official. Fenwick, however, was delighted to confirm the signings of former Jabloteh and St Ann’s Rangers defender Jamal Jack, 25, and midfielders Shem Alexander, 23, and Julio Noel, 20, also from the St Ann’s club.

His first phase of signings also includes 17-year-olds Nicholas Dillon (promoted from the Central U18s) and Rangers youth player Kevon Goddard along with 19-year-olds Dwight Pope (Shiva Boys College) and Javon Sample (St Anthony’s College).

“We cleared about 20 players off our roster,” explained Fenwick. “Players that are recognised all over the country as top players, but I think they are on the wrong side of (age) 25. “So I’ve brought the age group right down. I’ve brought in 17, 18, 19-year-olds. I want to show in the professional league and in T&T that at 17, 18, 19, you can be a top player.

You can be a national team player. During his time at Jabloteh, Fenwick was known for fielding teenaged names such as Lester Peltier, Khaleem Hyland, Elton John and Elijah Manners, and such a step is also common at clubs such as W Connection and Caledonia which are at present preparing for the Concacaf Champions League, which begins in August.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 03, 2013, 02:53:34 AM »
Supporters shirt.

http://socawarriors.spreadshirt.com/central-fc-A12979765/customize/color/48

Nice! You know, I still have my sw,net T shirt from 2007. It's faded slightly now, but the quality is so good that it's near perfect.

I have mine from 2006. Still going strong.

VB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 03, 2013, 05:27:22 AM »
Darren Mitchell received the National Super League  MVP award yesterday.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 03, 2013, 05:46:01 AM »
Allyuh sell Darren Mitchell

I thought he was with Central FC

Who he playing for in de Super League

It have plently Centraf FC.

www.centralfootballclub.co.uk

www.centralfc.com

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 05:51:14 AM by Sam »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 03, 2013, 06:14:49 AM »
We signed him from Super League in January, near the end of their season.

Our site is www.centralfctt.com, but it's still under construction so there's plenty changes to make. We're concentrating on building it, so it's not updated regularly yet, hence why we haven't promoted it.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 03, 2013, 06:33:20 AM »
Ok, good luck, at least you guys are trying your best.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 28, 2013, 05:10:30 PM »
Fenwick eyes League title

Newsday  Sunday, July 28 2013

CENTRAL FC coach Terry Fenwick is eyeing the 2013-2014 Digicel Pro League title, having guided the team to fifth place in the previous season, his first time at the helm of the year-long club.

“Recognising I’ve been in control of the team for five months, it’s not a lot of time,” he said in an end-of-season interview. “We’ll be much better next time around. And we will start giving licks to a lot of these teams.

“We’re playing better football,” added Fenwick. “We’re in control of games. We’re looking forward to next season.”

Fenwick replaced fellow Englishman Graham Rix as Central FC coach in January, and saw the team progress from seventh to fifth spot with 30 points.

“I’m pleased to be back,” he noted. “To be fair to (managing director) Brent Sancho and (operations director) Kevin Harrison, they’ve done a great job in a short space of time.

“We and they would be much better prepared next time. And I think we’ll be looking at the top spot next time around.”

Looking at his plans for the offseason, Fenwick stated, “we’re already looking at youngsters. They’ll be quite an extensive change-around in players. And we will be very good next time.”

1]; } ?>