March 28, 2024, 08:48:41 AM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 170800 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Sharks: Central FC Thread
« Reply #450 on: December 18, 2013, 09:42:58 PM »
Hey man, putting all jokes and riddle aside. Great job with the support and the love the Central otganization is giving to the people's of that community. Keep up the great work. You are a shinning light of what greatness is all about and how endless the possibilities can be.

P.S. Fenwick f#@king up.

One.

:beermug: :beermug:

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 19, 2013, 09:46:20 AM »
Connection penalises Central in thrilling FA final
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

In the last three matches that produced a winner between bitter Couva rivals DIRECTV W Connection and Central FC, the two teams were separated by just one goal. Last night, for the second time this season, that solitary strike came from the penalty spot.

And, at the death, W Connection was the team with the giant $50,000 showcase cheque as the “Savonetta Boys” edged Central 6-5 on penalties, after a 2-2 regulation time score, to clinch the 2013 Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) FA Trophy title at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva. Payment, according to the TTFA, will be deferred until 31 January 2014.

Connection also became the first team in the professional era to lift the FA trophy on four occasions, which bettered the three-time successes of Caledonia AIA and Joe Public. San Juan Jabloteh held the accolade on three occasions as well although its first triumph came during the time of the Semi-Professional Football League (SPFL).

Once more, Trinidad and Tobago’s oldest football crown was a step too far for coach Terry Fenwick’s men who lost to Caledonia AIA in the last FA final.

As Connection players erupted in spontaneous joy, Central substitute Darren Mitchell stood rooted to the penalty spot as he stared in the corner of the net where the ball should have been. Mitchell’s effort was a few inches too high and clipped the top of the bar after 11 perfect kicks from either team.

Several Connection players paused their revelry to offer a word of condolence to Mitchell before Central captain Marvin Oliver finally got hold of the young midfielder and dragged him towards his teammates.

Such moments of respect and goodwill between the two teams have been rare. There were four red cards in their five previous meetings and incidents off the field too; not least when Central custodian Jan-Michael Williams, a former Connection captain, used a bolt cutter to gain access to Connection’s goalpost in October.

In truth, Connection coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier and Fenwick, the former Jabloteh boss, have more often brought out the best in each other over the years than the worst.

Last night was no different.

It was a contest of high tempo, tactical intrigue, desire and execution.

As Oliver and Fenwick helped limping fullback Elton John towards the dressing room, the captain suggested that officiating spoilt the game. It was a debatable opinion.

Referee Neal Brizan is arguably the first referee that comes to mind for local occasions of this magnitude and, once again, he kept the competitive edge between the teams at reasonable levels. If there were mistakes, they were borne from the need for split-second decisions in clashes that could have gone either way.

Brizan failed to whistle, for instance, when Connection left back Kurt Frederick lunged towards John to retrieve the ball in extra time and the latter player was not the same afterwards. Central’s medical staff called for a change but Fenwick had already used his three substitutions; so John put back on his boots and hobbled around for another 17 minutes.

Central argued for an offside call that never came before Connection right back Alvin Jones crossed for Jomal Williams’ opening goal in the 26th minute. Williams, who was one of three teenaged scorers yesterday, finished with a brilliant stooping header into the top corner.

But then, when Central took a 2-1 lead through an Oliver penalty, replays suggested that Christian Ocoro Viveros’ foul on opposing striker Dwight Quintero actually occurred a fraction outside the penalty box.

Whatever the two clubs might think of each other, there was only respect and admiration from the stands for an absorbing cup final.

Central started brighter as the “Couva Sharks” pressed high up the field and did much of the early running. Oliver might have opened the scoring in the 20th minute but failed to keep down his header from a Jason Marcano corner kick.

Six minutes later, Central was in trouble as Williams wheeled away to celebrate his emphatic headed item. Connection had not conceded a single goal to Central since March and, in 15 preceding games in all competitions this season, the Savonetta Boys kept a remarkable 13 clean sheets.

But Quintero restored parity within just three minutes as the opposing defence failed to clear and the teenager squeezed a snap shot from the edge of the box that flew past Connection goalkeeper Aquelius Sylvester with the aid of a deflection off Mekeil Williams.

Sylvester is Connection’s second-string goalkeeper and much has been made of Fevrier’s decision to use his reserves in this competition. But yesterday, for a variety of reasons including injuries, nine of the 14 Connection players fielded, including captain Gerard Williams, playmaker Joevin Jones and the strike trio of Hashim Arcia, Neil Benjamin and Stefano Rijssel, certainly would not qualify as squad members.

Striker Jem Gordon, who was replaced at halftime by Arcia, made little impact on the game. But Fevrier’s decision to withdraw Tremain Paul after the opening 45 minutes probably had more to do with the trophy at stake than the development of a promising midfielder.

Quiet and unassuming, Fevrier lacks none of Fenwick’s competitive desire.

Arcia was excellent yesterday with his clever movement and passing. But, before he could make an impact, Connection conceded again.

On the break, Marcano played a superb, lofted pass into Quintero’s run and the 19-year-old former national youth striker fell inside the area to win a penalty kick that Oliver, the oldest player on the field at 38, dispatched clinically in the 63rd minute.

Like Central in the first half, Connection responded swiftly. Just six minutes later, Benjamin, the final’s eventual MVP, superbly clipped a raking Arcia cross over Williams (J-M) to pull the Pro League heavyweight level at two-each.

Perhaps the Guinness Book of Records should include an entry for a club that has the most unrelated players with the same surname. Connection owner David John Williams had three “Williamses” in his starting team yesterday, Mekeil, Jomal and Gerard, while the fourth, Central custodian Jan-Michael, was a former employee.

There was no further score during regulation or extra time, though, as Sylvester fended away a Marcano header at his near post while Jones (J) and Central substitute Keon Trim both wasted good opportunities. But Central looked exhausted as penalty kicks beckoned; John was hobbling, Quintero was repeatedly being helped to his feet and Oliver, with his bandaged fractured forearm, could barely break into a sprint.

Celio Da Silva, Arcia, Benjamin, Williams (G) and (M) and the Jones brothers converted Connection’s first six efforts. Marcano, Oliver, Quintero, Akeem Benjamin and Jamal Jack were similarly flawless for the Sharks.

But then came Mitchell; and the haunting sound of the ball pinging off the wrong side of the bar.

It was a dramatic conclusion to a gripping final. But there always is more than a touch of drama when these two clubs meet.

(Teams)

W Connection (4-1-2-3): 22.Aquelius Sylvester (GK); 39.Alvin Jones, 25.Christian Ocoro Viveros, 15.Mekeil Williams, 2.Kurt Frederick; 3.Gerard Williams (captain), 6.Celio Da Silva; 11.Tremain Paul (26.Stefano Rijssel 46); 40.Jomal Williams (10.Joevin Jones 85), 29.Jem Gordon (14.Hashim Arcia 46), 65.Neil Benjamin Jr.

Unused substitutes: 18.Jelani Archibald (GK), 4.Daneil Cyrus, 7.Silvio Spann, 24.Joao Ananias.

Coach: Stuart Charles-Fevrier

Central FC (4-2-3-1): 21.Jan-Michael Williams (GK); 2.Elton John, 24.Akeem Benjamin, 19.Dwight Pope, 12.Jamal Jack; 10.Marvin Oliver (captain), 18.Kevon Goddard (6.Toric Robinson 67); 7.Jason Marcano, 13.Johan Peltier (22.Keon Trim 86), 17.Rundell Winchester (11.Darren Mitchell 91); 9.Dwight Quintero.

Unused substitutes: 25.Javon Sample (GK), 4.Omar Charles, 15.Kaydion Gabriel, 23.Hector Sam.

Coach: Terry Fenwick

Referee: Neal Brizan

TTFA FA Trophy final

(Wed Dec 18)

W Connection 2 (Jomal Williams 26, Neil Benjamin Jr 63), Central FC 2 (Dwight Quintero 29, Marvin Oliver 57 pen)

*–Connection won 6-5 on penalties.

FA Trophy final MVP: Neil Benjamin Jr (W Connection)

Editor’s Note: The third place off between North East Stars and Malabar FC was called off due to concerns about pitch conditions. The TTFA is expected to split the $20,000 prize money at stake between the two clubs but has not yet made a formal decision.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 11:40:34 AM by Bakes »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 20, 2013, 05:18:37 PM »
is there any Video of this game, please ?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 20, 2013, 09:54:22 PM »
is there any Video of this game, please ?

It was shown last night on wintv, so I guess there is a dvd. Not sure if the game has been posted online. I will try to find out.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Central F.C. xmas hamper distribution
« Reply #454 on: December 23, 2013, 11:08:20 PM »

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Central F.C. xmas hamper distribution
« Reply #455 on: December 23, 2013, 11:31:02 PM »
good job

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 24, 2013, 10:40:11 AM »
Since no one seem to be in the Christmas spirit,it's Christmas Eve and i want to take this opportunity to wish all my fellow posters and their families a Merry Merry Christmas,can't believe another Christmas caught me posting so i'm looking forward to another year of old talk,serious talk,chit chat fun and laughter,thanks guys, right or wrong,good or bad we are learning to live with each other through Football and the contributions we make. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBOBY.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 24, 2013, 10:49:42 AM »
Since no one seem to be in the Christmas spirit,it's Christmas Eve and i want to take this opportunity to wish all my fellow posters and their families a Merry Merry Christmas,can't believe another Christmas caught me posting so i'm looking forward to another year of old talk,serious talk,chit chat fun and laughter,thanks guys, right or wrong,good or bad we are learning to live with each other through Football and the contributions we make. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBOBY.

:beermug: :beermug:

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 24, 2013, 11:06:23 AM »
Happy Holidays :)

Offline bingie man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 26, 2013, 09:59:34 AM »
 :beermug: keep spreading the blessing Central,,and many more in return to your football team and family's..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Central FC welcomes Guerra.
« Reply #460 on: January 01, 2014, 09:01:41 AM »
Central FC welcomes Guerra.
Central FC Release.

Not everybody had their wishes come true this Christmas, but Central F.C. Head Coach, Terry Fenwick certainly received the item at the top of his wish list when the club signed T&T international, Ataullah Guerra.

The 26 year old player returned to the Pro League after a spell overseas and is expected to go straight into action when the Sharks face Jabloteh on Sunday at Hasely Crawford Stadium.

“I had several players on my wish list for the winter transfer window, but Ataullah was at the top of that list” said a delighted Fenwick.

Fenwick explained that he was keen to get Guerra into action. “For me, Guerra is a natural goal scorer, but his real strength is as a provider and I don’t think there is anyone better to play behind Winchester and Quintero.”

A former Caledonia and Jabloteh midfielder, Guerra has just finished his contract with Finnish club, Rovaniemen Palloseura. Guerra has played 27 times for T&T scoring 4 goals.

“Ever since Guerra played against us in last year’s F.A. Trophy final, I wanted him in our squad.” said Fenwick.

“There aren’t many game changers around at the moment, but we’ve seen him do this for the national team and it’s a role that we’ve been missing at Central this season.”

Fenwick said that it’s been frustrating to have the players’ signatures but not being able to play him.

“Guerra signed with us on 6th December. It’s been hard for the lad because he just wants to play football, and for me, having such an exceptional talent unavailable is annoying, but I’ve been looking forward to 5th January when we can finally see him playing in Central F.C. colors.”

Fenwick said that he still has some shopping to complete in January. “Our aim is to regularly field 6 or 7 T&T national players and complement them with youngsters who will push for the national team, as we did last season with Mitchell and Winchester.

While our policy will always be to shop locally, we have several trialists arriving from overseas and if they have the quality we require, then we will look to bring them on board.”

Fenwick also spoke about Willis Plaza, who the club signed in September but failed to convince FIFA to give him clearance.

“Although we obtained the signature of Willis Plaza in September, the intricacies of the FIFA transfer system prevented his transfer from his club in Vietnam going through, despite appeals from us and support from TTFA and the Pro League. This meant that his registration didn’t clear until December 26th.” said Fenwick.

“It was really frustrating for the club and Plaza.”

The club are now in further discussions with the 26 year old Plaza, who is considering a return to Viet Nam.
“Technically, Willis is our player until 31st May” said Fenwick.

“But there is no value in having a player at your club who is not happy. We will sit down with him and let common sense prevail.”

Central F.C. take on San Juan Jabloteh on Sunday 5th January at Hasely Crawford Stadium at 5p.m.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 09:03:55 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Central FC welcomes Guerra.
« Reply #461 on: January 01, 2014, 09:56:15 AM »
Great signing, but why didn't it pan out for him in Finland? Also Is January 1st the start of the Trini transfer window? In past years I started mid December or something silly.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 01, 2014, 10:24:06 AM »
Wait until Sam sees this,alyu didn't have room for Roopie now u pick up Guerra  :banginghead: :rotfl:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 01, 2014, 10:59:36 AM »
Coops, Happy New Year, eh! :rotfl:

Buh seriously, wha Sam could say? Rookie is no Guerra?! Roopie has no NT experience? Rookie has no Pro League experience?

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 01, 2014, 11:35:04 AM »
Central FC snaps up Guerra; Sharks target top two finish
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Central FC made another bold declaration today as the Digicel Pro League outfit confirmed the capture of 26-year-old Trinidad and Tobago international attacking midfielder Ataullah Guerra.
Guerra, a former Caledonia AIA player, spent much of 2013 on loan with Finland Premier League club Rovaniemen Palloseura (RoPS) but opted to start the New Year with the “Couva Sharks” after his contract expired. He has signed on a six-month deal that allows him to move in the next transfer window if a move opens up for him abroad. Both parties retain an option to renew for a year, though.
At present, Central is fourth in the Pro League and trails leading team and Couva rival, DIRECTV W Connection, by eight points. However, the Sharks are just two points behind second place Police FC and one shy of defending champion team Defence Force.
Guerra hopes to help Central narrow the gap and he is the club’s second high profile signing this season after talented Trinidad and Tobago international goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams joined the team in the last transfer window.
“Fans should expect to see a new Ataullah because I have a new perspective and a different attitude to life,” Guerra told Wired868. “I will try to be a better role model on the field and I want to score goals and do my best for myself and my country. I want to put Central on the map and make it one of the biggest teams in the Pro League.”
Central managing director Brent Sancho, a 2006 World Cup player with Trinidad and Tobago, also hailed Guerra’s developing maturity and said he was excited by what he saw of the playmaker on the training ground.
Central is still awaiting the final clearance for Guerra but his international transfer clearance came through on Boxing Day and the Sharks hope to be able to use the player against San Juan Jabloteh on Sunday.
“Speaking to Ataullah, he has matured tremendously as a person,” said Sancho, “and he is better a player than I even thought he was when I look at him up close.
“He still wants to play outside Trinidad and Tobago, if possible, and we are giving him the comfort that he can if something comes up.”
Caledonia coach Jamaal Shabazz is sad to see Guerra go but explained that it did not want to be drawn into a bidding war with Central.
Instead, the “Eastern Stallions”, who also let go of Grenada international striker Kithson “Bully” Bain and Guyana defender Jamal Smith, will try to compensate with some younger signings while versatile veteran Conrad Smith could also return from St Ann’s Rangers.
Read more: http://wired868.com/2014/01/01/central-fc-snaps-up-guerra-sharks-target-top-two-finish/

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: January 01, 2014, 11:45:35 AM »
Great signing, but why didn't it pan out for him in Finland? Also Is January 1st the start of the Trini transfer window? In past years I started mid December or something silly.

00.01 a.m. 26th December Swiss time. We submitted the request at 19.01 p.m. on December 25th Trini time!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 01, 2014, 12:30:25 PM »
Ah wish I was living in T&T to take een some games

But of course we're all hoping he gets to play on a bigger stage
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 01, 2014, 12:40:38 PM »
Hah nice work there FS, Guerra's an excellent signing. He plays between the midfielders and strikers though - does this mean you're changing tactics?

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 01, 2014, 01:06:42 PM »
Hah nice work there FS, Guerra's an excellent signing. He plays between the midfielders and strikers though - does this mean you're changing tactics?

I don't necessarily think so. Guerra might most likely play in the hole behind Quintero with Winchester on the left wing and Peltier/Marcano on the right. CFC generally plays variations of 4231/433 with Winchester on the left wing so Guerra should fit in perfectly.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 01, 2014, 06:24:53 PM »
Wait until Sam sees this,alyu didn't have room for Roopie now u pick up Guerra  :banginghead: :rotfl:

You right !!! de same way Gally dump you is de same way Roopie get dump, thats life...   :rotfl:

Guerra is a great signing, one of Fenwick product came home.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 01, 2014, 11:24:17 PM »

You right !!! de same way Gally dump you is de same way Roopie get dump, thats life...   :rotfl:

Guerra is a great signing, one of Fenwick product came home.

i guess u realize Gally got dumped too,so who laugh last always laugh the best  :rotfl:

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 03, 2014, 12:24:10 AM »
YOUTH TEAM NEWS:
U14 & U16 - training and tryouts will be held on Saturday 11th January 2014 at 9 am

U18 & Reserves - training and tryouts will be held on Thursday 9th January 2014 at 5 pm

Both sessions will be held at New Settlement Ground, Chaguanas. Players are asked to walk with a white jersey and either blue or black shorts.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 08, 2014, 10:41:11 PM »
What do you all think about the new edition of the magazine ? http://issuu.com/central.fc/docs/the_shark-_volume_4

What improvements were made and what other ideas should we incorporate?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 09, 2014, 12:54:14 AM »
A page with game schedule & activities dates., not sure I saw sponsors and friend of Central ads...a rest of the league or league contribution page.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 09, 2014, 05:26:40 AM »
Latest team list with positions, Opposition/Central formation used in last match. Great work tho

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 09, 2014, 06:14:13 AM »
A page with game schedule & activities dates

Honestly....we are in fete season so that's almost impossible. Things are subject to change at any time.

Latest team list with positions, Opposition/Central formation used in last match. Great work tho

The next edition would have the updated roster after the transfer window.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 09, 2014, 07:53:45 AM »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 09, 2014, 01:38:11 PM »
Yohance: From Los Angeles to California
Central F.C. Media

California based Central F.C.’s newest signing, Yohance Marshall, is set to make his first ever ProLeague appearance on Friday when the Sharks take on Caledonia AIA at Hasely Crawford Stadium. The versatile 27 year old, despite earning 5 international appearances for T&T, has spent his entire professional career overseas.
Marshall earned his first contract in the USA when he joined L.A.Galaxy in 2009, but had already gained a reputation as a solid defender with the T&T U17, U20 and U21 national teams.

After 3 seasons in the USA, Marshall decided to explore life in the Far East, joining Chainat F.C. in Thailand and then Nay Pwi Taw of the Myanmar National League where he was voted into the League’s 2013 All-Star team. 
But, for the Diego Martin boy, after looking at options both home and abroad with his representative Narada Wilson of The Brazil Link, Central F.C.'s project seemed the most enticing for the former St Anthony’s College standout.
“It doesn’t matter where you travel in the world, you always miss your home” said Marshall. “I always wanted to test myself in the Pro League, and the thought of good Trini cooking clinched the deal for me!”
“Yohance is a player whom I have admired for sometime” said Central CEO, Brent Sancho. “He’s a very reliable defender, he has a cool head and is a great example to young players.” Marshall played 21 games last season for Nay Pwi Tar and was never shown a card by officials. “He also has a knack of popping up and scoring important goals” added Sancho.
“I’m really looking forward to playing in the Pro League” said Marshall, “Particularly as I will be teaming up again with my old St Anthony’s team mate, Jan-Michael Williams.”
Sancho added “When you play overseas, especially in the far flung regions such as the Far East, you tend to disappear off the radar of the National Team coach. Now Yohance has a great chance of reclaiming his place on the National Team, and I’m sure Stephen Hart will be delighted to be presented with a new option for his defence.”
Meanwhile, Central F.C. continues their youth team preparations with training and trials for their U14 & teams on Saturday 11th January at 9 am, at New Settlement Ground, Chaguanas. Players are required to walk with a white jersey and black or blue shorts. The U18 & Reserves will be training and holding tryouts at the same venue on Thursday 9th January at 5 pm.
Central F.C. vs Caledonia AIA kicks off at 8pm on Friday 10th January at Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 09, 2014, 02:36:12 PM »
Lea
A page with game schedule & activities dates

Honestly....we are in fete season so that's almost impossible. Things are subject to change at any time.

The next edition would have the updated roster after the transfer window.

Then you will have to lead by example..a professional commitment is a paid and paying commitment..I am aware that fete is a profession in TT..yet if a game is scheduled for Carnival Tuesday, then that game has to play if both paries agree before...your printed schedule  or arranged activities could only be made incorrect by unprofessional  behaviour.. Of course doh, no one would put a game Carnival Tuesday..but you saying the schedulers and Pro league stake holders might not organize thei schedule to suite, and if a fete pop up that weekend, they themselves might not show up.... Ppl playing and acting at professionalism or what...what about Central organized activities, yuh mean Central ppl might not show or Central organizers don't know when a fete tsunami coming and if to organize something or not...lil confused dey...by activities, I meant Central organized activities...Central can cook 2, Community Central etc..what that have to do with fete..
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:48:14 PM by maxg »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 09, 2014, 03:58:28 PM »
Yohance: From Los Angeles to California
Central F.C. Media

California based Central F.C.’s newest signing, Yohance Marshall, is set to make his first ever ProLeague appearance on Friday when the Sharks take on Caledonia AIA at Hasely Crawford Stadium. The versatile 27 year old, despite earning 5 international appearances for T&T, has spent his entire professional career overseas.
Marshall earned his first contract in the USA when he joined L.A.Galaxy in 2009, but had already gained a reputation as a solid defender with the T&T U17, U20 and U21 national teams.

After 3 seasons in the USA, Marshall decided to explore life in the Far East, joining Chainat F.C. in Thailand and then Nay Pwi Taw of the Myanmar National League where he was voted into the League’s 2013 All-Star team. 
But, for the Diego Martin boy, after looking at options both home and abroad with his representative Narada Wilson of The Brazil Link, Central F.C.'s project seemed the most enticing for the former St Anthony’s College standout.
“It doesn’t matter where you travel in the world, you always miss your home” said Marshall. “I always wanted to test myself in the Pro League, and the thought of good Trini cooking clinched the deal for me!”
“Yohance is a player whom I have admired for sometime” said Central CEO, Brent Sancho. “He’s a very reliable defender, he has a cool head and is a great example to young players.” Marshall played 21 games last season for Nay Pwi Tar and was never shown a card by officials. “He also has a knack of popping up and scoring important goals” added Sancho.
“I’m really looking forward to playing in the Pro League” said Marshall, “Particularly as I will be teaming up again with my old St Anthony’s team mate, Jan-Michael Williams.”
Sancho added “When you play overseas, especially in the far flung regions such as the Far East, you tend to disappear off the radar of the National Team coach. Now Yohance has a great chance of reclaiming his place on the National Team, and I’m sure Stephen Hart will be delighted to be presented with a new option for his defence.”
Meanwhile, Central F.C. continues their youth team preparations with training and trials for their U14 & teams on Saturday 11th January at 9 am, at New Settlement Ground, Chaguanas. Players are required to walk with a white jersey and black or blue shorts. The U18 & Reserves will be training and holding tryouts at the same venue on Thursday 9th January at 5 pm.
Central F.C. vs Caledonia AIA kicks off at 8pm on Friday 10th January at Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Hah if you sign Neaves from Westside you'll start bringing his old crew together :p

1]; } ?>