March 29, 2024, 06:51:12 AM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 170878 times)

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Sharks: Central FC Thread
« Reply #570 on: February 12, 2014, 06:09:22 PM »
CENTRAL MEDIA: Darren "Chucky" Mitchell commented on the 2-2 draw against W Connection

CENTRAL MEDIA: After struggling to score recently, what is your take on the team's performance?
MITCHELL: The team's performance was excellent. I just found that we fell asleep on the last goal that we conceded and the penalty call was very poor. The team is working very hard at the moment. Players are now starting to understand their role and function and we have plenty of depth. We work hard at our game plan and it paid off last night. We were just unlucky to come out with a draw.

CENTRAL MEDIA: How do you rate your performance after returning to the starting lineup?
MITCHELL: I felt great about my performance. I'm just disappointed about the draw and not scoring, plus the referee was very poor. But I have been working hard in training although I missed 3 games straight. It's great to be back on the starting team and performing at a high standard.

CENTRAL MEDIA: Which one of the new signings has impressed you the most in terms of settling into the team?
MITCHELL: I think Leston Paul. For me Plaza needs to score more goals.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #571 on: February 14, 2014, 02:35:53 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/X_mpiMVXWK4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/X_mpiMVXWK4</a>

You heard this before "How you play is how you train". FS, you said on February 5th "If we have 14 points from 12 games this time next week, then we're in trouble"! You are in trouble. Obviously, Fenwick knows nothing about this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_AMywWFe2U;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KjGumJOjvE;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ROzPaiXUc;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6eVvp99eNo (winning football made simple);
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQJ2lKuKm5M;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bmLYBVwwsw

Pick one. Any one. These drills cannot be neglected. They serve very important purposes in the grand scheme of winning ball games.

I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 14, 2014, 05:45:07 PM »
Follow the live updates of the match tonight (Central vs Jabloteh) at CFClive http://centralfctt.com/centrallive/index.php. Improvements and upgrades will be made gradually throughout the next few weeks.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 21, 2014, 01:49:28 PM »
Central FC will look to extend their unbeaten streak to 10 games tonight against St. Ann's Rangers. Kick off is at 6 pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium. You can follow the action at CFClive for LIVE match updates http://centralfctt.com/centrallive/index.php

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 12, 2014, 05:54:39 PM »
Ataullah Guerra speaks to Central Media after his last minute match winner vs Defence Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J16HVN92kfk

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 17, 2014, 12:54:02 PM »
Check out VOLUME 5 of THE SHARK; Central FC's online magaine. Carnival Celebrations as we remain UNBEATEN in 2014 http://issuu.com/central.fc/docs/the_shark-_volume_5

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 19, 2014, 12:37:50 PM »
FS I'm listening to the radio at work and heard an interview on red 96.7fm with Caden right wing player from Central. He was promoting the game this Fri night. Good PR for your club and league :beermug:

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 19, 2014, 07:34:56 PM »
FS I'm listening to the radio at work and heard an interview on red 96.7fm with Caden right wing player from Central. He was promoting the game this Fri night. Good PR for your club and league :beermug:

Thanks. That's Drogba - Kaydion Gabriel who was in the Olympic squad.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 21, 2014, 05:54:06 PM »
Get live updates from the big clash of Central FC and Point Fortin Civic FC at CFClive --->http://centralfctt.com/centrallive/index.php

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 21, 2014, 06:56:52 PM »
Half Time: CFC 2 - 0 Civic FC
(Jack - 30, Winchester - 33)

Very interesting half. First goal could have been chalked off for a high boot from Marshall but Central used the momentum to go 2 up. Rundell Winchester scored a long awaited goal, his 4th against Civic this season. Jack, actually playing alongside De Silva in midfield with Paul deepest, scores his 2nd for the season. The momentum of the match shifted with a fantastic flying save from Williams to keep out a Marcus Joseph rocket destined for the top corner.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 21, 2014, 07:37:08 PM »
CFC taking scalps.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 21, 2014, 08:21:39 PM »
Impressive run CFC!!!! Keep it up and bring home that 2nd...or top spot!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 25, 2014, 06:46:07 PM »
Another dodgy video with another cheesy tune! The Central F.C. youthmen helping to refurbish a children's home in Tunapuna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFeNYEPcLH0#t=43

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Central kick off community tournament
« Reply #583 on: March 28, 2014, 11:51:40 AM »
Central kick off community tournament.
Central F.C. Release.

Central F.C. will be on hand to help launch the S.I.S. 35th Anniversary 7 a side football tournament at New Settlement Ground on Saturday. The tournament is free to enter with a first prize of $5,000.

“It’s going to be a great family day out.” said Central F.C. Managing Director, Brent Sancho. “There’ll be lots going on, including a kids zone, curry duck cook out, and DJ, but of course, the main event is the football”
Sancho said that his clubs main sponsors, Super Industrial Services, have planned year round events to celebrate 35 years in the construction and industrial service business.

“We wanted an event that would bring the whole Central football community together. All of our players and staff will be on hand to join in the fun” said the former Soca Warrior.

Teams can register for free by attending the New Settlement Grounds before midday on Saturday.  Central F.C. will hope that they’re in a celebratory mood after their Friday night clash with Police F.C.

“After beating league leaders, W.Connection 3-0 and third place Point Fortin Civic 2-0, people may think Police are an easy opponent.” said Sancho. “But Police beat us 4-1 earlier in the season and our other game ended in a draw, so we’re not relaxing in any way”

Central are still unbeaten in 2014, with their last league defeat coming on 7th December last year – a run of 13 games without loss.

“We’re in great form and the player’s morale is superb” said the World Cup defender “We have 5 league games left and we want to win every one to ensure a place in the CONCACAF Champions League.”

The Sharks’ Operations Director, Kevin Harrison added “These community events are just as important to us as our matches. We make a commitment to our sponsors to support their projects and they give us a chance to really gel with our community.” Harrison said that although Central F.C. are only in their second season, they’ve established themselves as a pioneering club.

“Our current squad is 100% Trini. We have gone to great lengths to bring exciting Trinitobagonians such as Willis Plaza, Ataullah Guerra and Yohance Marshall from overseas and we have proved that our talented nationals can lead the way on the pitch.”

Harrison added “We will be launching other projects to bring the Central football community closer together as we believe that there are many talented players and coaches who are currently falling below the radar. We believe that there is a good depth of talent in the Central region and we hope to see a few future stars set the pace on Saturday.”

Central F.C. face Police F.C. at Ato Boldon on Friday 28th March at 6pm followed by W.Connection vs Point Fortin at 8pm.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 06:05:24 PM by Flex »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Central kick off community tournament
« Reply #584 on: March 28, 2014, 09:16:54 PM »
An article celebrating the work of local football administrators in Central Trinidad which were highlighted last season by Central F.C. when their first team played local teams in Lendore, Waterloo, Egypt Trace and New Settlement.

(Scan down to second article - sorry I could not copy it)

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?ca=4c4fb083-be12-414c-b14d-1a390eb25046&c=6c51bea0-7dc6-11e3-ab9b-d4ae528eade9&ch=6d6be130-7dc6-11e3-abd0-d4ae528eade9

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: March 30, 2014, 01:46:45 PM »
Hey Football Supporter,
Without coming down there and taking Jan's spot, what else would I have to do to get a kit?
I know that's probably impossible but I figured it's worth an ask.

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 30, 2014, 06:14:51 PM »
Mods....merge if necessary

Took my son to Central FC's youth try outs this past Sunday. Though it was scheduled to start at 9am, when we got there the pro team was winding down their session. I thought it was good that the younger ones (who got there on time) got an opportunity to see the seniors train.

Was a large turnout imo, maybe about 50 players or so, with the majority being u18s. First thing that struck me was that Central appeared very well organized. A couple tents for player registration and shelter from the sun, which soon enough became rain, bibs for the kids and a numbering system which would no doubt have made player identification a bit easier.

I also took note of the presence, and when I say presence I mean for the entire session, of the clubs hierarchy. Sancho, Harrison etc were all there looking on. I found that to be particularly impressive. It meant to me that Central really has an eye on sustainability and longevity. Central is clearly sponsored by SIS...lol. The tent was branded, poles had company logos. I thought it was great advertisement. Can't see why more local companies don't get on board....Central does a great job of giving their sponsor prominence.

Earlier this year I visited both Melwood and Carrington and whilst the coaches and managers were present, didn't see any club owners or chairmen.....didn't expect to anyway. But it was nice touch to see Sancho et al there.

Great to see was the senior players at Central being given youth coaching responsibilities....Marc Leslie, Keon Trim even Jan Michael Williams were active in the try outs. Leslie and Trim moreso. Bear in mind that these guys trained in the hot sun immediately before the tryouts began. Good stuff. A few other senior players also stayed on and had a look at the tryouts, offering their comments to those of us in the pavilion. Central seems to be a tight knit bunch....good camaraderie all around. Was also good to see Terry Fenwick stay on as well and be active in the tryouts.

I was very impressed with my first close up with Central FC and look forward to seeing them do great things in the coming years.

Oh....Marvin Oliver might be 38, but I would sign him for 2 more years.....skinny as hell.....but a true player.

That is one of the most positive kudos I have ever read about any local club.. I await an pray,trim son get thru. Don't want it to change   :devil:

Son made his debut today for W Connection u16 vs North East Stars....Central's loss  :devil: ;)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 30, 2014, 07:06:03 PM »
Mods....merge if necessary

Took my son to Central FC's youth try outs this past Sunday. Though it was scheduled to start at 9am, when we got there the pro team was winding down their session. I thought it was good that the younger ones (who got there on time) got an opportunity to see the seniors train.

Was a large turnout imo, maybe about 50 players or so, with the majority being u18s. First thing that struck me was that Central appeared very well organized. A couple tents for player registration and shelter from the sun, which soon enough became rain, bibs for the kids and a numbering system which would no doubt have made player identification a bit easier.

I also took note of the presence, and when I say presence I mean for the entire session, of the clubs hierarchy. Sancho, Harrison etc were all there looking on. I found that to be particularly impressive. It meant to me that Central really has an eye on sustainability and longevity. Central is clearly sponsored by SIS...lol. The tent was branded, poles had company logos. I thought it was great advertisement. Can't see why more local companies don't get on board....Central does a great job of giving their sponsor prominence.

Earlier this year I visited both Melwood and Carrington and whilst the coaches and managers were present, didn't see any club owners or chairmen.....didn't expect to anyway. But it was nice touch to see Sancho et al there.

Great to see was the senior players at Central being given youth coaching responsibilities....Marc Leslie, Keon Trim even Jan Michael Williams were active in the try outs. Leslie and Trim moreso. Bear in mind that these guys trained in the hot sun immediately before the tryouts began. Good stuff. A few other senior players also stayed on and had a look at the tryouts, offering their comments to those of us in the pavilion. Central seems to be a tight knit bunch....good camaraderie all around. Was also good to see Terry Fenwick stay on as well and be active in the tryouts.

I was very impressed with my first close up with Central FC and look forward to seeing them do great things in the coming years.

Oh....Marvin Oliver might be 38, but I would sign him for 2 more years.....skinny as hell.....but a true player.

That is one of the most positive kudos I have ever read about any local club.. I await an pray,trim son get thru. Don't want it to change   :devil:

Son made his debut today for W Connection u16 vs North East Stars....Central's loss  :devil: ;)

Congrats! If you noticed, we recruited George Romano as Director of Women's and Youth Football. We recognise where we have weaknesses and will try to improve in those areas. As much as we'd like to recruit all of the best players, perhaps we missed a few? I expect this, our second season, to be formative in the youth department. Last year we didn't do too bad, but we couldn't get George here in time to improve our recruitment and administration in any real way. That said, there will be news of some exciting opportunities for some of our youth players over the next two months.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 30, 2014, 07:34:27 PM »
So we're just going to ignore my question huh  :pissedoff:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 30, 2014, 10:39:07 PM »

Actually, JR, I was intending to speak to Adidas in the morning. We sold the 30 replica jerseys that we ordered, but we have some jerseys from players who left the club. If you look closely at players jerseys such as Plaza & Paul, you'll notice that the names and numbers have been printed over. But I would imagine that you would prefer a new jersey? I would need to enquire from Adidas the shipping cost from Panama to Trinidad. Once the jersey is embroidered and printed (with a name and number of your choice) I would then need to find the shipping cost to wherever you are! (I assume that you're overseas?). But I can't speak to Adidas until Monday morning.
Sorry for the delay, but I will get the information to you tomorrow.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 31, 2014, 08:44:59 AM »

Actually, JR, I was intending to speak to Adidas in the morning. We sold the 30 replica jerseys that we ordered, but we have some jerseys from players who left the club. If you look closely at players jerseys such as Plaza & Paul, you'll notice that the names and numbers have been printed over. But I would imagine that you would prefer a new jersey? I would need to enquire from Adidas the shipping cost from Panama to Trinidad. Once the jersey is embroidered and printed (with a name and number of your choice) I would then need to find the shipping cost to wherever you are! (I assume that you're overseas?). But I can't speak to Adidas until Monday morning.
Sorry for the delay, but I will get the information to you tomorrow.

Lol I was just joking.  I really appreciate you getting back to me.

Actually, I wouldn't mind a jersey that's blank with no number or name is that is more convenient.  Whatever process is easier I would be down for. A blank replica or a jersey with my name. Either or would be perfect.

Thanks and keep me updated.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 31, 2014, 09:46:15 AM »
Some persons have described Central FC as the Manchester City of the TT Pro League. If so, do you think the following descriptions are accurate? If not, what would you change and why?

Central FC (Manchester City) - new, bold and ambitious club with title dreams. Also has a serious cross town rival
W Connection (Manchester United) - established powerhouse with a tradition of winning trophies
San Juan Jabloteh (Liverpool) - traditional big team who has gone through hardships recently. Rivalry with the other title record holder
Caledonia AIA (Tottenham) - excellent on their day but too inconsistent over the years to claim that elusive league title
Defence Force (Chelsea) - a footballing machine. Well drilled outfit that no team looks forward to playing
North East Stars (Arsenal) - criticized by some for being 1 dimensional in their play but use it to good effect. Fighting hard to end their title drought
Point Fortin Civic FC (Southampton) - recently promoted team that specialize in using players from their home town and generally to great effect
St. Ann's Rangers (Aston Villa) - consistent member of the league. Generally branded as a "selling" club that recently has decided to put its faith in an abundance of youth
Police FC (Stoke) - branded as a very workman-like team that prides itself on grit and industry. Can trouble the top teams on their day

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 01, 2014, 02:05:11 AM »
Central FC (Everton) - Doing enough to place in CCL.

San Juan Jabloteh (Cardiff City) - Decent but not ready.

Caledonia AIA (Tottenham) - Decent players stuck with a poor manager.

Defence Force (Stoke City) - Stuck with a poor manager. Play a physical but poor brand of football.

North East Stars (Southampton) - Can be good when up to it.

Point Fortin Civic FC (Aston Villa) - Have good individual talent but not enough to win anything.

St. Ann's Rangers (Fulham) - Good football but going down.

Police FC (Newcastle United) - Started hot and now falling fast.

W Connection (Manchester City) - Full with foreign players and they are their worst enemies.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 03:01:04 AM by Sando »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 01, 2014, 03:37:32 AM »
Central FC (Everton) - Doing enough to place in CCL.

San Juan Jabloteh (Cardiff City) - Decent but not ready.

Caledonia AIA (Tottenham) - Decent players stuck with a poor manager.

Defence Force (Stoke City) - Stuck with a poor manager. Play a physical but poor brand of football.

North East Stars (Southampton) - Can be good when up to it.

Point Fortin Civic FC (Aston Villa) - Have good individual talent but not enough to win anything.

St. Ann's Rangers (Fulham) - Good football but going down.

Police FC (Newcastle United) - Started hot and now falling fast.

W Connection (Manchester City) - Full with foreign players and they are their worst enemies.

Why do people think Ross Russell is a bad manager? He won the league, so I'm missing something - I'm not claiming one way or the other but would like to get informed :)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 01, 2014, 07:05:05 AM »
It's difficult in T&T to really determine who is good as a coach. One way to win the league is to bring in several of the best players (as Central are trying to do), or hold onto them and bring in more (as Connection are doing). Nobody can offer the same package as Army, but not every player wants to join up, so Russel has limited access to players.

One of the best ways to really determine a coaches ability is to look at how he changes his formation/style of play when he is losing. Many coaches just continue and hope to get back in the game but some (as Angus Eve did vs Army) make changes. The other way is looking at when and how substitutes are used and the impact they had on the game. But there is not enough decent TV coverage to determine this here.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 02, 2014, 09:32:56 PM »
Fan made video of our Goals of the Season so far. Which goal do you think is the best? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf6JuOyPr74

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 04, 2014, 03:39:55 PM »
Follow the live updates of the match tonight (Central vs Caledonia AIA in the Lucozade Sport Gold Shield) at CFClive http://centralfctt.com/centrallive/index.php. Kick off is at 6 pm

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 08, 2014, 05:50:53 PM »
Follow the live updates of the match tonight (Central vs Caledonia AIA in the TT Pro League) at CFClive http://centralfctt.com/centrallive/index.php. Kick off is at 8 pm

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 08, 2014, 07:36:44 PM »
3 more goals for Plaza's tally.
http://ttproleague.com/
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile