April 23, 2024, 02:31:39 PM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 172166 times)

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
Re: The Sharks: Central FC Thread
« Reply #660 on: May 21, 2014, 09:10:39 AM »
i guess it was just rumor no player going anywhere   :devil: :devil:
guess so or we would have had some news by now... steupss

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 21, 2014, 10:40:00 PM »
waitin for d confirmation. 'next few hrs' gone long time

Negotiations are rumored to be still underway. It appears that all parties are taking the time to ensure that any potential deal is done in the best interest of everyone.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 21, 2014, 10:40:50 PM »
Central FC Director of Women's Football & Youth Development, George Romano, speaks about the evolution of the youth teamshttp://centralfctt.com/videos/video.php?v=17

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 23, 2014, 11:42:31 PM »
Sharks heading to Europe

Sancho also confirmed that Central have agreed a deal that will see one of their players transferred to ex coach, Terry Fenwick’s new club in Belgium, CS Visé.  “The deal between the clubs has been agreed, but the player won’t sign personal terms until next week, so we won’t be announcing his name just yet. However, I can confirm that it is one of the 5 Central F.C. players on the national team.” said Sancho.......

Read further....http://centralfctt.com/Articles/article.php?r=40

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 24, 2014, 03:21:59 AM »
Sharks heading to Europe

Sancho also confirmed that Central have agreed a deal that will see one of their players transferred to ex coach, Terry Fenwick’s new club in Belgium, CS Visé.  “The deal between the clubs has been agreed, but the player won’t sign personal terms until next week, so we won’t be announcing his name just yet. However, I can confirm that it is one of the 5 Central F.C. players on the national team.” said Sancho.......

Congrats to Willis Plaza.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 24, 2014, 07:18:36 AM »
Sharks heading to Europe

There are two other Central players in the T&T squad...

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 24, 2014, 09:29:01 AM »
Sharks heading to Europe

Plaza, Jan, Winchester, Marshall or Guerra...?

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 24, 2014, 10:24:32 AM »
Sharks heading to Europe

Insider's information has been accurate so i believe Plaza is the player.

From a business standpoint it makes perfect sense. I knew it would be either Plaza or Winchester and Plaza makes the most sense because hes in his prime. Central said they are using this opportunity to build a brand and connections overseas, therefore it's best to send the finished article (Plaza) than the kid with potential.

The ironic thing about this situation is that i believe that Joevin Jones would be the perfect player for CS Vise to sign. Hes a player who doesnt do well on trials and needs an arm around his shoulder and since Fenwick knows him and his abilities he could do that. Fenwick's team could benefit from a player of his exceptional quality. He would also probably make the team alot of funds when he is sold on. However Central and W Connection dont get along so sadly this probably wont happen.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 24, 2014, 10:25:42 AM »
So FS, seeing that you losing Plaza, you will be bringing Bobby Zamora!!!??!!!! ;D

Offline chelsealife

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 24, 2014, 12:41:07 PM »
Sharks heading to Europe

Insider's information has been accurate so i believe Plaza is the player.

From a business standpoint it makes perfect sense. I knew it would be either Plaza or Winchester and Plaza makes the most sense because hes in his prime. Central said they are using this opportunity to build a brand and connections overseas, therefore it's best to send the finished article (Plaza) than the kid with potential.

The ironic thing about this situation is that i believe that Joevin Jones would be the perfect player for CS Vise to sign. Hes a player who doesnt do well on trials and needs an arm around his shoulder and since Fenwick knows him and his abilities he could do that. Fenwick's team could benefit from a player of his exceptional quality. He would also probably make the team alot of funds when he is sold on. However Central and W Connection dont get along so sadly this probably wont happen.
I dont think any potential move for W Connection players by Fenwick would have anything to do with Central tbh. And if it is Plaza who's being signed i still think he will be back for Winchester and Guerra after evaluating his team. Plaza proved to me he's a better player than i judged him to be though. Fair play to him and good luck  :beermug:

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 24, 2014, 02:07:57 PM »
Sharks heading to Europe

Indeed! My bad forgot about Jan and Guerra.

Well out of those 5 there are three I'd pick over Plaza tbh

Offline chelsealife

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 24, 2014, 03:20:18 PM »
Sharks heading to Europe

Indeed! My bad forgot about Jan and Guerra.

Well out of those 5 there are three I'd pick over Plaza tbh
Yea but maybe with him not being with his squad a striker may be his safest bet for now

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Vote for Central FC Goal of the Season 2013/14
« Reply #672 on: May 25, 2014, 08:58:16 AM »
Vote for the Central FC Goal of the Season! The scorer of the winning goal will be awarded at the Club's annual awards ceremony. Voting closes on Wednesday 28th May at 9 am. http://centralfctt.com/videos/video.php?v=18

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Vote for Central FC Goal of the Season 2013/14
« Reply #673 on: May 26, 2014, 07:45:45 AM »
I'm still liking Winchester's winning goal vs Army, but the bicycle kick was inspired. And the one where he chased down the Connection defence. But then, Oliver's freekick was sublime and I loved Guerra's cool finishing. And, of course, Plaza's finish from the edge of the box was Shearer-esque and his chest and volley was class.
Thank God I don't have to decide!

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 27, 2014, 04:13:31 PM »
Today is the last day to VOTE for your Goal of the Season.  Voting closes tomorrow at 9 am. Vote and Share! http://centralfctt.com/videos/video.php?v=18

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: May 28, 2014, 05:32:09 AM »
Ah hadda say, ah spend quite a lil while dey evaluating the goals ... buh then ah realize allyuh have the vote tally showing (perhaps a disincentive for ppl tuh vote given the runaway train already and evidently in progress with goal i; Winchester v. Connection) ... so maybe next time doh prematurely show how the vote going?!

Other observation: Marvin Oliver's goal suffers because another or multiple camera angles were not available. It took me a while to appreciate one of the subtleties regarding that goal ... Initially I was sceptical and had reservations because it was a dead-ball situation to be considered against goals in open play ... so I started considering how the other goals came about relative to defensive actions, the quality of the opposition, time, space, movement etc.

For me, the two most convincing goals in open play are (d) and (b) in that order. Plaza v Rangers (struck with authority, intent, placement, movement off the ball between two defenders) is (d) and (b) Winchester v DF (deft, subtle; recognized available space, knew what he was going to do on his first touch, before he did it).

NEVERTHELESS, my vote went to the captain. Oliver's goal ... primarily based on his placement of the ball vis-a-vis the GK's starting position. That was top-shelf quality under conditions that didn't lack anything.

In closing, ah will cast some salt on the fact that yuh could vote twice. How ah know that? I tested it ... so subtract one vote.

Buh yuh know what, ah feel ah stumbled on why we might have a runaway train in the voting.  :)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 05:34:04 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 28, 2014, 07:08:51 AM »
Asylumseeker, I agree with your observations. This was our first time at this and we are learning fast! However, I thought the video was well put together. We were very reliant on the footage recorded by the TV companies, but we now have two cameras of our own at the games, so multi angle is possible.
Of course, the importance of the goals is not made clear, and next year we will include a voice intro to explain the moments when the goals were scored. (b) Winchesters goal was the winner in the First Citizens Final, while Marvin's was the first in the 3-0 league victory over Connection.

Goal (I) is possibly winning as it was the winner against Connection in the Lucozade Goal Shield!

Thanks for voting!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 28, 2014, 07:32:37 AM »
Buh yuh know what, ah feel ah stumbled on why we might have a runaway train in the voting.  :)

Goal (I) is possibly winning as it was the winner against Connection in the Lucozade Goal Shield!

Thanks for voting!!

Oh yeah, that!  :P  ;)

Central, good stuff, all around. Enjoyed it!

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 30, 2014, 01:25:29 AM »
The following are the award recipients from Central FC's End of Season Awards Ceremony:
Player of the Year - Marvin Oliver
Players Player of the Year - Jason Marcano
Supporters Player of the Year - Elton John
Young Footballer of the Year - Rundell Winchester
Golden Boot - Willis Plaza (18 goals in 20 matches)
Offensive Player of the Year - Willis Plaza
Defensive Player of the Year- Jan-Michael Williams
Goal of the Season - Rundell Winchester (b) vs Defence Force - 18 Oct. 2013
Supporters Goal of the Season - Rundell Winchester (i) vs W Connection - 25 Apr. 2014

http://ttproleague.com/index.php/tt-pro-league-news/domestics-news-2014/central-fc/1927-veteran-midfielder-marvin-oliver-is-central-fc-player-of-the-year-2013-2014

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #679 on: May 30, 2014, 01:57:45 AM »
Oliver is Central FC Player of the Year 2013/2014.
ttproleague.com.

Thirty-eight-year-old veteran midfielder Marvin Oliver was named Central FC Player of the Year on Wednesday night when the club hosted its 2013/2014 season Dinner and Awards Ceremony at Super Industrial Services (SIS) Auditorium in Couva.

Oliver, who recently penned a two-year extension and turns 39 in August, beat top performers and Trinidad and Tobago internationals Willis Plaza, Rundell Winchester and goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams, and brothers Elton John and Jason Marcano to the award.

But Oliver, who won similar awards at former clubs Caledonia AIA and San Juan Jabloteh, prefers to share his latest award with his Central teammates.

"My teammates deserve to share the award with me," said the classy midfielder, who in 2007 had won the Toyota/TT Pro League Player of the Year award.

"My name was called to receive the award but I wouldn't have been voted the top Central FC player if it wasn't for the support of my teammates on and off the field. We worked as a team and they allowed me to strive and do what I do best."

Oliver admitted however, that it is a tremendous accomplishment for him, especially at his age, and was again thankful for the support of his teammates and coaching staff.

"I would like to get into coaching, although for the past few years I've been coaching while playing," Oliver responded, when asked how long he expects his playing career to last.

"But presently I am still able to do what I love doing, which is to play, and I have the support of my teammates. I would go on as long as my body can," concluded the ex-T&T midfielder.

Twenty-year-old Tobagonian Winchester, whose deceptive speed caused problems for opposing teams and excited the league, grabbed three awards on the night.

Winchester was named the Central FC's Young Player of the Year, Goal of the Season Player, and Supporters' Choice Goal of the Year.

Plaza with 18 goals in 20 matches for the "Sharks" has been a sensation since joining the club during the mid-season (December/January) transfer window. Plaza picked up the club's Golden Boot and Most Offensive Player awards.

While 2006 Toyota/TT Pro League Player of the Year, goalkeeper Williams, was awarded the Most Defensive Player accolade, ahead of top defenders Yohance Marshall and Elton John.

John's work however, didn't go unnoticed, and he picked up the Supporters' Player of the Year, while brother Marcano was chosen as the Players' Player of the Year.

All awardees were crucial in the second-year-old club's First Citizens Cup and Lucozade Sport Goal Shield titles this season, and a second position finish in the Digicel Pro League to qualify for the 2015 Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Club Championship.

2013/2014 Central FC Awardees

Player of the Year - Marvin Oliver
Players Player of the Year - Jason Marcano
Supporters Player of the Year - Elton John
Young Footballer of the Year - Rundell Winchester
Golden Boot - Willis Plaza (18 goals in 20 matches)
Most Offensive Player - Willis Plaza
Most Defensive Player - Jan-Michael Williams
Goal of the Season - Rundell Winchester
Supporters Goal of the Season - Rundell Winchester

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 01, 2014, 05:45:21 PM »
Lady Sharks vs Real Dimension Match Report

The Lady Sharks bounced back from a 3-0 opening round defeat to St. Ann's Rangers by shooting down Real Dimension 2-0 on Saturday 31st May 2014. In the opening round loss, the Lady Sharks looked disorganized and were constantly picked apart by their opponents who were excellent on the night. At New Settlement Ground though, against the WoLF defending champions, Real Dimension, the Sharks seemed a completely different team....READ MORE (http://centralfctt.com/Articles/article.php?r=42)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 05:50:03 PM by amielisadore »

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 05, 2014, 06:56:05 PM »
FS you said earlier in the season that there were many teams interested in your players. Will we see any players transferring to other teams besides CS Vise this window? On a side note as a football team director, which player on the team do you think raised their stock yesterday?

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 08, 2014, 03:04:03 AM »
Lady Sharks Highlights vs Point Fortin Civic.

Lady Sharks 5 - 3 Civic
(Kayla Taylor x 2, Verlea Duprey x 2, Shannon Walisch)

http://centralfctt.com/videos/video.php?v=20

Unfortunately the highlights do not show Taylor's first goal; a 30 yard free kick into the top corner.

Offline chelsealife

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 27, 2014, 12:23:44 PM »
Who is the player that was to sign with CS Vise? Is that still on? Was it ever on? Any news would be appreciated

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 29, 2014, 01:20:19 PM »
Transfer Rumor: The transfer of the unspecified player along with possible others have not been finalized. Transfer waters have been muddied by interest from rival teams. Announcements will be made when final decisions are made.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 30, 2014, 03:40:05 AM »
I love the vagueness :p when you announcing your new manager?

Offline chelsealife

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 30, 2014, 09:08:35 PM »
Transfer Rumor: The transfer of the unspecified player along with possible others have not been finalized. Transfer waters have been muddied by interest from rival teams. Announcements will be made when final decisions are made.
CS Vise was named so why not name the "rival teams"

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Central FC All Female Football Camp
« Reply #687 on: July 01, 2014, 11:22:03 PM »
The Sharks will be hosting an All Female Football Camp; Girls Can Kick Too, from the 7th-11th July at the Hasely Crawford Auxillary Field and the 14th-18th July at Presentation College Chagaunas Grounds. It will run from 9 am to 3 pm.

Cost is $250 for 1 week and $300 for both weeks. Only females between the ages of 8 and 18 yrs.

Coaching will be conducted by Central FC's Director of Women's Football and Youth Development George Romano, a US Collegiate coach and our 2 American Lady Sharks players from the University of Tampa, Shannon Walisch http://centralfctt.com/team/wpdetail.php?id=9 and Marissa Mohammed http://centralfctt.com/team/wpdetail.php?id=13

During lunch intervals, there will also be special motivational and leadership sessions from prominent women in society as well as talks from members of the Rape Crisis and Cancer Societies.

Register at http://centralfctt.com/registration/index.php?page=easter. Contact 679-5060 or info.centralfc@gmail.com for further details.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 11:26:46 PM by amielisadore »

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Central FC All Female Football Camp
« Reply #688 on: July 04, 2014, 09:03:10 PM »
Central FC All Female Football Camp - Girls Can Kick Too Press Conference #Respectyourself #Protectyourself http://youtu.be/PJfzqny3Hdg

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Central FC All Female Football Camp
« Reply #689 on: July 05, 2014, 06:41:12 PM »
Lady Sharks on C tv First Up promoting our All Female Football Camp which begins on Monday 7th July https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK9CGUy6Vdg&feature=youtu.be

1]; } ?>