March 28, 2024, 03:06:54 AM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 170778 times)

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho collected Central FC qualifying money while Sport Minister
« Reply #930 on: August 26, 2015, 08:41:48 PM »
Dr. Rowley brought this up tonight at the Point Fortin political meeting. Basically questioning the optics of it.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Sharks: Central FC Thread
« Reply #931 on: August 26, 2015, 10:59:45 PM »
I've wondered whether foreign observers hold doubt as to consistency. This may have arisen as a concern during the Gold Cup. The high of one game to a relatively less notable performance. Very narrow window on which to make an investment decision.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 11:44:26 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #932 on: August 26, 2015, 11:03:55 PM »
No matter what the explanation is......this doesn't look good.

This could all well be above board and nothing technically wrong was done

Central get US$ from CONCACAF

They playing a tournament in the US which means they have US expenses

If they cash the US$ cheque in T&T, they would have to convert that $ at the buy rate which is lower than the sell rate

THIS IS SCOTIABANK US$ FOREIGN EXCHANGE RATE

So Central go to Scotia and want to convert their US$40K cheque at the buy rate and get TT$247,508

Now they have to turn around and convert that TT$247508 into US$ at 6.3733 which is US$38,235.21

So they lose a cool US$1800 just in conversion.  This doesn't take into account the transaction fees banks charge (remember...banks are among de biggest teef it have).  So Central could lose US$2K just in bank and foreign exchange charges.

Their expenses are in US$

So it make sense to deposit the US$ cheque in a US$ account.  And maybe they weren't able to open a US$ account  in a timely manner.  So they use the US$ account of someone close to the club.

This is all understandable.

EXCEPT

The "someone" is the Minister of Sport.  It doh look good to have the $$ deposited into his PERSONAL account even if the intention is honorable.

This is the "Optics" of the thing.  And what happens to the interest that accrues as a result of the deposit?  It might be very small.....but again it could raise questions.

When one hold these kinds of positions, there are many benefits AND pitfalls that come along with it.  Even if it's for trying to do "the right thing"

Yuh need to be more aware.

Actually, you are very astute. Sadly, this is my error. It really is a non story. CONCACAF clamoring for forms to be completed by certain deadlines. The account details were sent quite a while before any payment was received, by which time I had hoped that Central would have opened their own US$ account.

First thing Sancho knew was that Central told him the funds were in his account, despite Central having sent their correct details on 28th July.

On 6th August, Central realised that the funds were sent in error by CONCACAF and resent bank details to CONCACAF.

That's it. A simple error by CONCACAF sending funds to the first account details they received instead of the new account. Also, this delay in receiving funds did not interfere in any way with Central F.C.'s preparation.

I'm certainly shocked by the errors in the story. The US$ account referred to is a Scotiabank Trinidad account!

Also, I stated that we had to apply early for CFU, in December actually, when Sancho was still at Central, and those bank details were sent along with various application and registration forms and that could be why they made the error.

I also note that there were no comments from Central F.C. or CONCACAF.

Very plausible... Thanks for the clarification...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #933 on: August 27, 2015, 02:38:50 AM »
Sancho plays down CONCACAF $$ allegation.
By Mark Pouchet (Express).

Minister of Sport Brent Sancho says he is not “too overly worried” about allegations on the Wired868 website that he may have broken the law when his personal US bank account was used to facilitate a CONCACAF payment to Pro League team Central FC while he was Sport Minister.

“It’s much ado about nothing really,” Sancho told the Express yesterday, “That account was opened well before I was Minister.”

Sancho became Minister of Sport on February 2 this year but CONCACAF issued a US$40,000 payment to Central to assist with airfare to the CONCACAF Champions League encounter with Major League Soccer (MLS) team LA Galaxy in the USA in July.

Sancho said he was a director of the club and that though his club had other board members, they weren’t active.

“CONCACAF not knowing any better sent it (the money) to my account. Once I found out about it, I forwarded it onto Central FC, I don’t know what the big deal is about,” the former Soca Warrior said.

Asked why the funds weren’t sent to the club’s account, Sancho said the club didn’t have one at that time
“And I suppose because we were a new club in CONCACAF, they just sent it to the name on record.

RELATED NEWS

Mix-up caused funds to go to Sancho...
‘Storm in a tea cup’
By Rhondor Dowlat (Guardian).

An apparent mix-up and/or misunderstanding between Concacaf and the Central Football Club (CFC) caused the regional governing body for football to deposit some US$39,000 into the personal US account of Sport Minister Brent Sancho.

Contacted on the issue yesterday, after it was raised by People’s National Movement (PNM) leader Dr Keith Rowley during a meeting in Point Fortin on Wednesday, Sancho, not wanting to comment much but leaving it up to his former club to clear the air, told the T&T Guardian the funds went into his account by error.

Sancho’s special adviser in the Ministry of Sport, Kevin Harrison, who also worked with him while the two were at Central FC, described it as “a storm in a teacup.” He said when Sancho realised the funds were transferred to his account, he (Sancho) immediately went to the bank and had a cheque made out for US$39,000 to be paid to CFC.

“Mr Sancho did nothing wrong. There was an error and he immediately rectified it,” Harrison said.

In a release late yesterday, CFC said due to changes in management and administration staff at the end of last season, club staff were under pressure to meet various Concacaf Champions League deadlines, one of which was to submit the club’s bank details to receive Concacaf funds.

“As the funds to be received from Concacaf were to be despatched as US dollars and CFC would be travelling to Los Angeles and Guatemala, it was decided that a US dollar account would be financially beneficial.

“However, CFC had not opened the required US dollar account in time to adhere to the required Concacaf deadline,” the release said.

Harrison explained that the club decided that info of Sancho’s account provided in December to the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) would be submitted to Concacaf and the CFC’s own bank account details would be submitted later.

In an email on July 27, 2015, which was obtained by the T&T Guardian, CFC notified Concacaf that they would be submitting new bank details the next day (July 28, 2015). The club’s new US dollar bank account details were sent via email on July 28 to Concacaf. This email was prepared by club manager (administration) Jamie Aleong-Charles. Confirmation was made by Gino Rullo, Concacaf’s manager of club competitions.

“During this busy period for Concacaf, the payment instructions were not altered and Concacaf despatched the funds to Sancho’s account in error. CFC were expecting to receive funds into their account and it was several days before they realised that the funds were deposited into Sancho’s account.

“Sancho immediately arranged to withdraw these funds and US$39,000 was paid by cheque to CFC,” the CFC release said.

“Because this transaction would need to be declared, Sancho had to determine the exact charges to be deducted before returning any balance to the club. Contrary to what was being reported, this transfer of funds did not hamper CFC’s preparations in any way. Further, there was an ongoing dialogue throughout this period so that all parties were aware of the situation.”

CFC said it also believed highlighting the issue was nothing less than “malicious gossip designed to tarnish the reputation of CFC and Minister of Sport Brent Sancho.”

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:38:05 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 27, 2015, 05:43:07 AM »
if central had a bank ac or not...
if Sancho was minister then or not...
if the deadline was approaching or not...
Details of his personal bank account should NEVER have been given to CONCACAF no matter the situation!!!
THE THOUGHT OF DOING SO SHOULD HAVE NEVER CROSSED ONE'S MIND!!!
Let the chips fall where they may...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 27, 2015, 06:46:32 AM »
(I remember back in the day when the term in currency was "litmus test". These days we are trafficking in "optics"). Cutting-edge tings. ;)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 07:09:08 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Sharks: Central FC Thread
« Reply #936 on: August 27, 2015, 11:56:49 AM »
I believe tonights game will be shown on Fox Soccer 2 at 10pm T&T time.

Of course, I want The Sharks to win. But I am concerned that the conditions may make the job harder.
When T&T beat Guatemala, they had 7 Comunicaciones players on the field. If we can settle, then I think we have a good chance....providing we can overcome the plastic pitch and the cool climate.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 27, 2015, 05:17:06 PM »
Here are the key questions on the issue in my opinion:
1) When did Brent Sancho become Sport Minister? 2) When did Central FC qualify for the Champions League? 3) When did CONCACAF ask for Central's bank details?
Answers:
1) Sancho become Sport Minister on 2 February 2015.
2) Central qualified for the CONCACAF Champions League on 22 May 2015.
3) CONCACAF gave Central FC between 28 May and 12 June 2015 to send bank details.
I have no personal stake in this. Good luck to all parties. But I won't be anyone's fool and I will not pretend to be.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 27, 2015, 05:44:46 PM »
Here are the key questions on the issue in my opinion:
1) When did Brent Sancho become Sport Minister? 2) When did Central FC qualify for the Champions League? 3) When did CONCACAF ask for Central's bank details?
Answers:
1) Sancho become Sport Minister on 2 February 2015.
2) Central qualified for the CONCACAF Champions League on 22 May 2015.
3) CONCACAF gave Central FC between 28 May and 12 June 2015 to send bank details.
I have no personal stake in this. Good luck to all parties. But I won't be anyone's fool and I will not pretend to be.

Fair enough questions, but when you consider that the funds were eventually forwarded to the intended recipients  and that Sancho didn't profit from the transaction, the explanation provided seems plausible.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 27, 2015, 08:19:56 PM »
Brent the timing of ah leaked document could have you bent out of shape, liburd access to leaked documentation could prove political, you are guilty as charged, but will there be any jail time??not in ah $million year$...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 27, 2015, 09:30:16 PM »
Brent the timing of ah leaked document could have you bent out of shape, liburd access to leaked documentation could prove political, you are guilty as charged, but will there be any jail time??not in ah $million year$...

What possible crime has been committed by Sancho?

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 27, 2015, 10:59:52 PM »

What possible crime has been committed by Sancho?

Precisely

This report is written to say "ah ha we ketch yuh" and liburd take off to the integrity commission

an Rowley get de email an run point with it an say,

"Sancho boy de optics eh looking good boy"

an Sancho say what is de crime I commit??

an one week before election, without liburd an Rowley saying it, the answer is

if yuh was ah pnm is ok but.....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #942 on: August 28, 2015, 06:58:21 AM »

If they cash the US$ cheque in T&T, they would have to convert that $ at the buy rate which is lower than the sell rate

So Central go to Scotia and want to convert their US$40K cheque at the buy rate and get TT$247,508

Now they have to turn around and convert that TT$247508 into US$ at 6.3733 which is US$38,235.21

So they lose a cool US$1800 just in conversion.  This doesn't take into account the transaction fees banks charge (remember...banks are among de biggest teef it have).  So Central could lose US$2K just in bank and foreign exchange charges.

So it make sense to deposit the US$ cheque in a US$ account.  And maybe they weren't able to open a US$ account  in a timely manner.  So they use the US$ account of someone close to the club.

EXCEPT

The "someone" is the Minister of Sport.  It doh look good to have the $$ deposited into his PERSONAL account even if the intention is honorable.

This is the "Optics" of the thing.  And what happens to the interest that accrues as a result of the deposit?  It might be very small.....but again it could raise questions.

When one hold these kinds of positions, there are many benefits AND pitfalls that come along with it.  Even if it's for trying to do "the right thing"

Actually, you are very astute. Sadly, this is my error. It really is a non story. CONCACAF clamoring for forms to be completed by certain deadlines. The account details were sent quite a while before any payment was received, by which time I had hoped that Central would have opened their own US$ account.

First thing Sancho knew was that Central told him the funds were in his account, despite Central having sent their correct details on 28th July.

On 6th August, Central realised that the funds were sent in error by CONCACAF and resent bank details to CONCACAF.

That's it. A simple error by CONCACAF sending funds to the first account details they received instead of the new account. Also, this delay in receiving funds did not interfere in any way with Central F.C.'s preparation.

I'm certainly shocked by the errors in the story. The US$ account referred to is a Scotiabank Trinidad account!

Also, I stated that we had to apply early for CFU, in December actually, when Sancho was still at Central, and those bank details were sent along with various application and registration forms and that could be why they made the error.

So CFU give Central US$38,235.21 to cover all travel expenses for the duration of the tournament?

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 28, 2015, 07:12:55 AM »

EXCEPT

So CFU give Central US$38,235.21 to cover all travel expenses for the duration of the tournament?

CONCACAF give US$40,000 for each away game. You get to keep the takings from home matches less 5% to CONCACAF plus some expenses such as officials accommodation.

I spoke to CONCACAF a while ago and suggested that they revise this situation. It would be easier and fairer if CONCACAF simply pay the travel costs directly and award a lower sum for accommodation. Central FC had the longest journey (in distance) this year. Its not right that they receive the same as a club travelling from (say) El Salvador to Panama, which should be much cheaper.

NB: LA Galaxy are spending US$250,000 to charter a plane to carry them to Trinidad!!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 07:16:14 AM by Football supporter »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #944 on: August 28, 2015, 07:31:29 AM »
Thanks for the info FS.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: August 28, 2015, 11:59:57 AM »
I think everybody "jumped the gun",why didn't Rowley wait just a bit,before trying to make political gain.I think he(Rowley)would have looked so much better,had he quashed all accusations,and say to everybody,lets wait and see or wait for an explation from Sancho.
I looked at the headline,and thought that there must have been an explanation,nobody could be that stupid,and boldface to do shit like that.I always say to my friends,"Trinis are the most intelligent and sophisticated people in the Caribbean",having seen some of our political rantings,I could be wrong.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 28, 2015, 12:14:10 PM »
I think everybody "jumped the gun",why didn't Rowley wait just a bit,before trying to make political gain.I think he(Rowley)would have looked so much better,had he quashed all accusations,and say to everybody,lets wait and see or wait for an explation from Sancho.
I looked at the headline,and thought that there must have been an explanation,nobody could be that stupid,and boldface to do shit like that.I always say to my friends,"Trinis are the most intelligent and sophisticated people in the Caribbean",having seen some of our political rantings,I could be wrong.

What shocked me about Rowley (and Lasana) is that they keep harping on about overseas accounts. Clearly neither understand a wire instruction (in which case, they should have researched it first!). The funds are routed (in this case) by CONCACAF from their bank through the international clearing house, or the Beneficiary  (Wells Fargo) and on to the ultimate beneficiary (Sancho's First Citizens account)

Everybody getting excited about Pennsylvania etc, but I see this all the time. TTFA get paid the same way.

How can a prospective Prime Minister not be aware (or bother to research) a wire instruction before he makes himself look a fool?

Of course, in hindsight, we should have just let Central FC take the fine, but at the time it was just a paperwork exercise to placate CONCACAF until Central obtained their own bank details.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #947 on: August 28, 2015, 12:22:32 PM »

EXCEPT

He mentioned attributes to Sancho and KH, I assumed they had been contacted. If not, you have a very good point.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 28, 2015, 12:27:43 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2015-08-28/%E2%80%98storm-tea-cup%E2%80%99

‘Storm in a tea cup’

Rhondor Dowlat
Published:
Friday, August 28, 2015

Sports Minister Brent Sancho. PHOTO: TONY HOWELL
An apparent mix-up and/or misunderstanding between Concacaf and the Central Football Club (CFC) caused the regional governing body for football to deposit some US$39,000 into the personal US account of Sport Minister Brent Sancho.

Contacted on the issue yesterday, after it was raised by People’s National Movement (PNM) leader Dr Keith Rowley during a meeting in Point Fortin on Wednesday, Sancho, not wanting to comment much but leaving it up to his former club to clear the air, told the T&T Guardian the funds went into his account by error.

Sancho’s special adviser in the Ministry of Sport, Kevin Harrison, who also worked with him while the two were at Central FC, described it as “a storm in a teacup.” He said when Sancho realised the funds were transferred to his account, he (Sancho) immediately went to the bank and had a cheque made out for US$39,000 to be paid to CFC.

“Mr Sancho did nothing wrong. There was an error and he immediately rectified it,” Harrison said.

In a release late yesterday, CFC said due to changes in management and administration staff at the end of last season, club staff were under pressure to meet various Concacaf Champions League deadlines, one of which was to submit the club’s bank details to receive Concacaf funds.

“As the funds to be received from Concacaf were to be despatched as US dollars and CFC would be travelling to Los Angeles and Guatemala, it was decided that a US dollar account would be financially beneficial.

“However, CFC had not opened the required US dollar account in time to adhere to the required Concacaf deadline,” the release said.

Harrison explained that the club decided that info of Sancho’s account provided in December to the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) would be submitted to Concacaf and the CFC’s own bank account details would be submitted later.

In an email on July 27, 2015, which was obtained by the T&T Guardian, CFC notified Concacaf that they would be submitting new bank details the next day (July 28, 2015). The club’s new US dollar bank account details were sent via email on July 28 to Concacaf. This email was prepared by club manager (administration) Jamie Aleong-Charles. Confirmation was made by Gino Rullo, Concacaf’s manager of club competitions.

“During this busy period for Concacaf, the payment instructions were not altered and Concacaf despatched the funds to Sancho’s account in error. CFC were expecting to receive funds into their account and it was several days before they realised that the funds were deposited into Sancho’s account.

“Sancho immediately arranged to withdraw these funds and US$39,000 was paid by cheque to CFC,” the CFC release said.

“Because this transaction would need to be declared, Sancho had to determine the exact charges to be deducted before returning any balance to the club. Contrary to what was being reported, this transfer of funds did not hamper CFC’s preparations in any way. Further, there was an ongoing dialogue throughout this period so that all parties were aware of the situation.”

CFC said it also believed highlighting the issue was nothing less than “malicious gossip designed to tarnish the reputation of CFC and Minister of Sport Brent Sancho

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 28, 2015, 07:08:54 PM »
SO wait Sancho keep US$1,000 for he self if my maths right. This article said that he sent back US$39,000 but is not US$40,000 that was sent ???

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 28, 2015, 07:21:57 PM »
Much ado 'bout nutten ........and I is no Sancho fan....... D money reach whey it going
I pity the fool....

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 28, 2015, 07:44:01 PM »
SO wait Sancho keep US$1,000 for he self if my maths right. This article said that he sent back US$39,000 but is not US$40,000 that was sent ???

Read again.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 28, 2015, 08:12:05 PM »
leaked documentation "SHOWED"...  in other words you saw the document, so liburd tell de truth, what you see?? us$40,000.  or us$39,000.    because wired868.com misleading and the real name is
preloaded&wired868.com

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 29, 2015, 07:49:19 AM »
leaked documentation "SHOWED"...  in other words you saw the document, so liburd tell de truth, what you see?? us$40,000.  or us$39,000.    because wired868.com misleading and the real name is
preloaded&wired868.com

For "leaked" read stolen. The document did not show the amount, the date or any signature and had the wrong bank name. Go figure.  But it was US$40,000. Sancho transferred US$39,000 pending details of the charges. Because the transaction had to be declared, he had to transfer US$40,000 less any charges otherwise it could be suggested that he gave financial assistance to the club.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 30, 2015, 12:53:22 PM »

Read again.
was referring to the two different articles. They gave different amounts...

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sancho and Harrison allegedly requested improper payment for Central transfers
« Reply #955 on: August 30, 2015, 01:24:45 PM »
Sancho and Harrison allegedly requested improper payment for Central transfers
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Sport Minister Brent Sancho and his advisor Kevin Harrison’s relationship with Central FC has again been called into question, after a leaked document suggested that the pair may have tried to personally benefit from a transfer deal last year.

An email, allegedly sent by Harrison in August 2014, appeared to show the club employee requesting a private payment for himself and Sancho while discussing the financial details related to a move of four Trinidad and Tobago players to Belgium lower division club, CS Visé.

Although Sancho and Harrison were founders of the Couva-based football club, there is no available evidence that they were ever more than employees with the “Couva Sharks.” Harrison, who is the current advisor to the Sport Minister, was operations director at Central while Sancho was chairman.

Harrison, a British national, told Wired868 on Wednesday that it was SIS directors, rather than Sancho and himself, who owned the Couva-based football club.

“It belongs to the directors who are SIS employees,” said Harrison, who is employed as an advisor to the Sport Minister. “The bulk of the sponsorship and funding comes from SIS…”

However, a report in last week’s Guardian newspaper described Harrison as a “co-owner” of Central. Sancho also suggested he was a club owner, arguably as a means of deflecting criticism for a payment due to the Sharks that ended up in his bank account.

Wired868 reported exclusively that, four months after Sancho’s appointment as Sport Minister, Harrison directed CONCACAF to deposit a US$40,000 payment into the personal bank account of the current UNC Toco-Sangre Grande candidate.

Harrison, Sancho and the SIS-run club claimed the payment was done in error but have been unable to adequately address the chronological order of the wire transfer.

Sancho was made Sport Minister in February 2015 and it was not until May 2015 that Central qualified for the CONCACAF Champions League. The request for the club’s bank details came within a week of its qualification and the deadline for a response was between 28 May and 12 June 2015.

Wired868 can reveal that, according to documents lodged with the Ministry of Legal Affairs, neither Sancho nor Harrison are listed as directors or shareholders at Central FC.

Instead, SIS officials Daren Mohamdally and Ronald Ramlogan are listed as directors of the football club, which was registered as Central United FC Limited on 21 August 2012, under the Companies Act. Ramlogan was also named as the company’s secretary.

Central FC has never filed annual returns.

Neither Sancho nor Harrison responded to Wired868 requests for clarification on their supposed stakes at Central in light of documentation received by Legal Affairs.

More shocking was an email that appeared to be sent from Harrison’s email address to a Visé official, which requested an “agreed personal payment” for Sancho and himself during transfer negotiations for local players.

The email mentioned Central players Willis Plaza, Rundell Winchester and Elton John as well as Kevon Villaroel, who all moved to the Belgium club in August 2014.

Visé was also directed to send the transfer money to the pair via Western Union rather than to Central’s bank account.

“Brent said that you cannot send the first payment as well as the agreed personal payment,” stated the email from kh.centralfc@gmail.com. “I think we agreed that the second payment will be in January and the third in May. It’s no problem, but could you indicate when you would be able to slip in the personal payment?

“Probably the best payment method would be via Western Union (obviously the fees would be deducted from the initial sum). If possible, send two payments, 50% to Brent Sancho and 50% to Kevin Harrison.”

Plaza, John and Villaroel were all free agents so the money was believed to be for Winchester’s move.

An informed source claimed that Visé was asked to pay US$15,000 to the Pro League club and US$5,000 as a personal payment. However, that figure could not be confirmed.

Former Central FC coach Terry Fenwick was Visé coach at the time, although there is no suggestion that he was involved in the deal or had any role in transfer deals for either club.

The Visé official directed to make the payment was allegedly Sancho’s agent during his playing career in Britain. However, there is no evidence that Harrison and Sancho were ever paid, as the Belgium team quickly landed in financial hot water.

A request for a secret payment to help facilitate a transfer, which is referred to as a “bung” in British football, is illegal and might have exposed either club to FIFA sanctions. According to FIFA’s Regulations on the status and transfer of players, clubs in breach of its transfer code could be punished with anything from a reprimand or fine to a transfer ban or demotion.

The email from kh.centralfc@gmail.com sought to explain why Visé should send a transfer payment through Western Union rather than to the club’s bank account.

“This makes it a lot easier than through the bank as, in my experience, bank transfers to Trinidad aren’t liked by European banks (something to do with sort codes, if I recall correctly),” stated the correspondence from Harrison’s email address.

The Belgium club imploded financially and Fenwick and the four players were soon back in Trinidad.

Winchester, who is 21, was subsequently sent on loan to United States second tier club, Portland Timbers B. It is uncertain whether any payments were made for the player and, if so, where the money ended up.

Wired868 asked Sancho and Harrison to explain the request for a “personal payment” and why the entire transfer figure negotiated was not directed to Central FC’s bank account.

Neither responded by the time of publication.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 12:53:02 AM by Flex »

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
so sad,... so sad.... it's a sad sad situation, an it's getting more and more observed... Elton john....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I'm not a fan of either... but even so, this is incredibly disappointing to read.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This has to be the most crap Lasana has written and I've read in a while. Nothing here sounds plausible. Its as if he's trying to convince the masses he can be critical of Sancho and FS too (and not just Tim Kee, Sheldon, TTFA) by coming up with this great hack. Poor poor job.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 05:21:23 AM by Thomo »

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
This have ti be the most crap Lasana has written and I've read in a while. Nothing here sounds plausible. Its as if he's trying to convince masses he can be critical of Sancho and FS too by coming up with this great hack. Poor poor job.

like lasana writing this madness from under ah bed in st. ann's or war... after startng ah new story he run out ah toilet paper, and copy an paste the old story and put this ting? together... it is now WEIRD868.com, liburd it is evident you jus writing for your supper...

1]; } ?>