March 28, 2024, 01:48:42 PM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 170815 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho and Harrison allegedly requested improper payment for Central transfers
« Reply #1020 on: September 04, 2015, 02:34:16 PM »
Dr. Rowley: I want to ask Brent Sancho is if he is the same Brent Sancho who attempted to join to Range Rover club. This Brent Sancho imported a Range Rover, which is supposed to attract a significant amount of taxes. The person making the declaration did so as a returning resident, meaning the vehicle was imported duty free. However, it turns out that the vehicle is not owned by a returning resident. Customs officials accused this person of making a fraudulent declaration. He was given the option of either going to court of going before the Customs Tribunal. He want before the Tribunal and was charged $100,000 for making a false declaration. I want to ask Brent Sancho, were you the same Brent Sancho who went through this experience? #VotePNM2015

https://www.facebook.com/teamrowley/posts/416323485227585

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Sancho and Harrison allegedly requested improper payment for Central transfers
« Reply #1021 on: September 04, 2015, 02:54:08 PM »
Dr. Rowley: I want to ask Brent Sancho is if he is the same Brent Sancho who attempted to join to Range Rover club. This Brent Sancho imported a Range Rover, which is supposed to attract a significant amount of taxes. The person making the declaration did so as a returning resident, meaning the vehicle was imported duty free. However, it turns out that the vehicle is not owned by a returning resident. Customs officials accused this person of making a fraudulent declaration. He was given the option of either going to court of going before the Customs Tribunal. He want before the Tribunal and was charged $100,000 for making a false declaration. I want to ask Brent Sancho, were you the same Brent Sancho who went through this experience? #VotePNM2015

It's strange how the PNM could find out all kinda sh%^ about everybody in TT except their own blasted members.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 04, 2015, 02:54:46 PM »
Aye Brent Sancho  come forward and answer the question nah pardnah ..... Oh i forget  yuh adviser go answer  for yuh ....  Inquiring minds want to know  .. Is it you who went before the customs tribunal ? eh mr sancho ?.  Mr sports minister is it you ? 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: September 04, 2015, 04:51:27 PM »
It's strange how the PNM could find out all kinda sh%^ about everybody in TT except their own blasted members.

VB

If you have information to share on these "blasted members" who are in need of investigating then why yuh doh go relay that to the Integrity Commission?  Here you have a sitting government minister defrauding your government of hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes and all you could see fit to do is bitch about the PNM discovering the fraud?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 04, 2015, 06:28:46 PM »

VB

And when the UNC/COP was bawling out Calder Hart name and rode it into office last election cycle, yuh had a problem with that??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: September 05, 2015, 07:08:32 AM »
Where c0ont, ah mean Contro?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 05, 2015, 05:33:11 PM »
Brent Sancho was a fraud for a footballer and he is now a complete FRAUD....Anybody who gets into bed with the UNC of today is a dirty crook. Sancho is a crook.

Harrison come all the way to the sunny caribbean to steal and sell misinformed young black boys....SHAME
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 05:35:44 PM by congo »

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 05, 2015, 08:31:47 PM »
Brent Sancho was a fraud for a footballer and he is now a complete FRAUD....Anybody who gets into bed with the UNC of today is a dirty crook. Sancho is a crook.

Harrison come all the way to the sunny caribbean to steal and sell misinformed young black boys....SHAME
:thumbsup:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #1028 on: September 05, 2015, 09:50:31 PM »

VB

If you have information to share on these "blasted members" who are in need of investigating then why yuh doh go relay that to the Integrity Commission?  Here you have a sitting government minister defrauding your government of hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes and all you could see fit to do is bitch about the PNM discovering the fraud?

VB

And when the UNC/COP was bawling out Calder Hart name and rode it into office last election cycle, yuh had a problem with that??

I am not running for PM. I am not an MP. How hard it is when there is corruption in your party to find a paper trail.

Unlike some on this site I don't criticize conveniently. I have a problem with an assh£ole  of any party.

The UNC deserve to lose just like the PNM did five years ago. It depresses me that we are trading one pack off ass for another.

VB
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 09:53:08 PM by vb »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sancho’s ex-agent, Davies, changes tune on “personal payment” request
« Reply #1029 on: September 06, 2015, 01:44:32 PM »
Sancho’s ex-agent, Davies, changes tune on “personal payment” request
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

British football agent Steve Davies, who represented Sport Minister Brent Sancho during his professional career in England, has made an about-turn regarding the request for a “personal payment” by Advisor to the Sport Minister, Kevin Harrison, during transfer negotiations for Trinidad and Tobago international forward Rundell Winchester in August 2014.

At the time, Sancho and Harrison were Central FC chairman and operations director respectively, and were finalising details for the transfer of Winchester to lower league Belgium club, CS Visé. Davies represented Visé at the time.

“Could you indicate when you would be able to slip in the personal payment?” asked an email from Harrison’s account, on 27 August 2014. “Probably the best payment method would be via Western Union (obviously the fees would be deducted from the initial sum). If possible, send two payments, 50% to Brent Sancho and 50% to Kevin Harrison.”

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) general secretary Sheldon Phillips said the local football body was “very, very concerned” by the email and will consider a formal probe.

Last Tuesday, on 1 September 2015, Davies confirmed receipt of Harrison’s email and told Wired868 that he considered any request for a personal payment as illegal. And he produced his response to Harrison, just hours later, that rebuffed the solicitation.

“Kevin, I don’t know what (you’re) on about regarding any personal payments,” stated Davies’ email, which was sent on 28 August 2014, “as the deal was that the club will make three payments to your club…”

Harrison, according to Davies, never responded to the latter’s email and neither he nor Sancho brought it up again.

However, four days later, Davies said Sancho played no role in Harrison’s request for a personal payment to both men. He copied Sancho and Harrison on his email to Wired868.

“Having saving seen your post after my chat with you, I feel it’s only fair that I clear up the matter and copy in both Mr Sancho and Mr Harrison,” said Davies. “Once again, I would like to say that Mr Sancho has never asked for any payment to himself or anyone else. He only negotiated a payment for Mr Winchester…

“Mr Harrison sent that email to me and by my reply it is very clear there was never any secret payment discussed with Mr Sancho or anyone else.”

Davies then suggested that Harrison’s request—which the agent himself rebuffed last year and four days ago—was actually a reference to hotel and travel expenses for Sancho and Harrison’s proposed trip to Belgium.

Davis previously told Wired868 that the only thing Visé was prepared to offer to Sancho and Harrison was their airfare to Belgium and accommodation, so as to formally discuss a collaboration between the two clubs.

Davies did not suggest, in a previous interview, that he believed “slip in the personal payment” was a reference to hotel and airfare fees. But he did now.

“What Mr Harrison was referring to was the payment for the travel and hotel that Visé agreed to pay Mr Sancho and Mr Harrison to come to Belgium,” stated Davies, “to talk about a merger with the two clubs. A phone call was put into Visé after my reply to Mr Harrison’s email, which was explained that the money that Mr Harrison was asking to be paid via Western Union was the flight and hotel expenses that I agreed to pay and nothing else.

“Mr (Terry) Fenwick was aware of this and I’m sure he will clear that up with you.”

Wired868 posed some follow up questions to Davies, which were also copied to Sancho and Harrison:

How come you only found out what Harrison meant (by “slip in the personal payment) a year after the fact?

(So) Harrison wanted to split the hotel and (air) transport money 50/50 with Brent Sancho? Was that for Harrison and Sancho to book their trips separately?

“Slip in a personal payment” was Harrison-speak for “did you book the hotel and flights for us?”

Davies responded that he had made some phone calls over the last four days, which led to his about-turn. He did not say whom he spoke to.

“I’ve made some calls and was told about the call (between Harrison and Fenwick) and am passing it on to you,” stated Davies, “as your story looked as I was confirming that Mr Harrison was asking for a bung…”

If former Central FC coach Terry Fenwick is the only person who could vouch for the supposed harmless nature of Harrison’s request, then the Central official might have a problem.

“I have no knowledge of any phone call from Harrison,” Fenwick told Wired868. “That whole business had nothing to do with me.”

Why did Harrison not simply respond to Davies’ email and say: “No, I meant for hotel and airfare?”

And how could Harrison have appropriately dealt with the matter when, for over a year, Visé’s point man, Davies himself, retained the impression that he was approached for an illegal payment?

This time, Davies’ did not copy Sancho and Harrison in on his reply to Wired868.

“Lasana, the email speaks for itself (and) it was clear that I did not know what (Harrison) was on about,” stated Davies. “I pointed out to you that any request for payments other than through the correct channels was illegal and that’s clear to everyone…

“Ask Mr Harrison why he never replied.”

More than a week after Wired868’s exclusive report on the request for a personal payment, neither of the two named recipients—Harrison and Sancho—have responded to our questions on the matter.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 02:37:25 AM by Flex »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho’s ex-agent, Davies, changes tune on “personal payment” request
« Reply #1030 on: September 06, 2015, 02:17:12 PM »
A couple things here.
 1. Flex and Tallman we should probably have a list of Agents and Administrators our young people should stay away from.
 2. With all the revelations coming out of former Central FC  administrators, the question is other than SIS will they retain their sponsors
 3. On that same note did ALL the monies collected by CFC used for the intended purpose. 

Just from de reports it not looking good for FS.   

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 06, 2015, 03:52:56 PM »
Circling de wagons oui ...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 06, 2015, 04:11:24 PM »
This the context that was misunderstood?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 06, 2015, 06:53:09 PM »
What the f#ck is this I'm reading?
I tried to hold it together when Harrison and crew just wanted to screw us over...
But now yuh want to f#cking insult our intelligence!!!!!  :pissedoff: :pissedoff: :pissedoff: :bs: :bs: :bs:
Let me calm down before I get ban...
Asinine behavior, be a man and admit your sh!t

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 06, 2015, 08:05:06 PM »
TTFA general secretary Sheldon Phillips said the local body was "VERY VERY concerned" by the email
(and has called in the fraud squad) not,   and will consider a formal probe...

many times it's all bark and no bite...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: September 07, 2015, 07:16:06 AM »
Davies is running scared now, like Sancho and them get to him.

He point blank lying.

Its to late, de email is de proof.

Because Harrison asked for a secret payment for he and Sancho could split it 50/50, he didn't ask about flight and hotel and a YEAR AFTER...

Please...

All these f00ckers should go to jail.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 11, 2015, 07:47:08 AM »
I heard that Harrison has left T&T.

I am so happy.

Jack wins again.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 11, 2015, 08:37:03 AM »
Jackulito aka Renraw nex' ... and with US marshalls in a fashionable orange jumper  :rotfl:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 11, 2015, 09:04:26 AM »
This shit is comical.  So all ah we musse de dumbest setta assholes to believe da shit nah. SMH!  Sancho call he former agent and probably tell him he will never ever steer any players near him again if he eh clean that up.  To be fair while the email does suggest Sancho supposed to get ah cut, he was wise to have Kevin send it and not be copied on it.  This leaves him with plausible deniability legally.  Too bad we is not ah courthouse fuh deze guilty scumbuckets to escape judgment.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 11, 2015, 09:32:03 AM »
This shit is comical.  So all ah we musse de dumbest setta assholes to believe da shit nah. SMH!  Sancho call he former agent and probably tell him he will never ever steer any players near him again if he eh clean that up.  To be fair while the email does suggest Sancho supposed to get ah cut, he was wise to have Kevin send it and not be copied on it.  This leaves him with plausible deniability legally.  Too bad we is not ah courthouse fuh deze guilty scumbuckets to escape judgment.

So in odda words, he use Harrison as a nanny goat?

:rotfl:

And all this time Harrison well thought Sancho was he parthner... he set him up nice.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 09:33:34 AM by Sam »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 11, 2015, 11:08:33 AM »

I am so happy.

Jack wins again.

You will leave T&T before me my son. No matter how many lies and smear attempts an innocent man never runs - or hides behind secret identities. 

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 11, 2015, 11:32:18 AM »

And who is to say that that email wasn't blind copied to Sancho?
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 11, 2015, 03:33:32 PM »

I am so happy.

Jack wins again.

You will leave T&T before me my son. No matter how many lies and smear attempts an innocent man never runs - or hides behind secret identities. 
Dats ah Bandit, look de Bandit
Well look he dey, look he dey,
look he dey, look he dey.
Hold him doh let him get away.
Woi woi woi...hai hai hai ...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: The Sharks: Central FC Thread
« Reply #1043 on: September 22, 2015, 02:27:02 PM »
Sharks in charitable mood – but not for LA Galaxy
Central F.C. Media Press Release

Players from Bankers Central F.C. visited Senior Citizens home in Chaguanas yesterday to present hampers and tickets for their Scotiabank Champions League clash vs LA Galaxy to people living at the home. But the players were keen to point out that their charitable mood will not extend to LA Galaxy.

“This is a massive game for us” said midfielder Sean de Silva. “You won’t be seeing us extending any charity to LA on the pitch on Wednesday night”

Central F.C. take on on the MLS giants at 8pm on Wednesday 23rd September at Hasely Crawford Stadium in their final Champions League game. Coming off the back of last weeks’ 1-0 victory over Guatemalan champions, Comunicaciones, the Sharks are hoping to steal another 3 points from the star studded US outfit.

“Obviously I am very disappointed not to be playing” said pacey midfielder Darren Mitchell, who received a red card in last week’s game. “After winning the Charity Shield and then beating Comunicaciones, the guys are very confident going into the game.” Said Mitchell. “It’s been tough playing these massive games during pre season, and we know W.Connection have faced the same challenges, but it would be great if we could say that we won both of our home games”

The Sharks are hoping for a big crowd to unsettle the visitors from Los Angeles, who’s squad includes the likes of former England and Liverpool captain, Stephen Gerrard, former Barcelona and Tottenham stand out, Giovanni Dos Santos and iconic captain, Robbie Keane.

“With T&T facing USA at Hasely Crawford in Novembers’ World Cup qualifier, it is important that we send the message that it’s not easy to come to T&T and get a result” said de Silva, who is hoping for a return to the national team for their 2018 world cup campaign. “This is about more than Central F.C., it’s about T&T vs USA, so we hope everybody turns out on Wednesday to create a really great atmosphere to intimidate Galaxy”

Tickets can be purchased on the night with Covered stands at $100, uncovered at $60 and kids under 12 are free.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1044 on: October 21, 2015, 11:56:37 AM »
Sharks become active in Maracas.
Central FC Release.

Caribbean Club Champions and TT Pro League winners, Bankers Central F.C. have announced a partnership with Super League club, Real Maracas. The two clubs, linked by sponsorship from Bankers Insurance, will enter into an agreement which will focus on the development of young players.

“It’s a beneficial programme for both clubs” said Central F.C. Managing Director, Brent Sancho. “Central will loan players to Real Maracas who may not be commanding a starting place with our first team, but who need to obtain the experience of regular competitive football.”

Sancho gave as an example teenage striker Nicholas Dillon. “While Dillon was strong and fast, he just wasn’t getting enough minutes on the field last season. We loaned him to St Ann’s Rangers and that allowed him to benefit from regular competitive games. Because of the work put in by Rangers, when Dillon returned to Central in May he was ready to slot straight into our Champions League squad and started the home game vs LA Galaxy. His performance in that game earned him a trial with MLS outfit, Portland Timbers.”

Meanwhile, Real Maracas Technical Director, Marlon Charles highlighted the benefits for his club. “While it will be useful for our Head Coach, Michael McComie to have some additional quality players to add to the squad, the real attraction for me is that we can offer young players a genuine career path in football”

Charles explained that young players could join Real Maracas with the knowledge that their potential can be developed and there will be options available to join Central F.C.

Real Maracas President, Kester Lendor, added “Central F.C. will be working closely with us and their Director of Youth Football, George Romano will be attending many training sessions. So if a youngster stands out, there are possibilities that Central may step in and offer him a professional contract, even if he is then loaned back to Maracas for more development. It is my belief that this partnership will be beneficial to both parties and must lead to the personal and professional development of the young men of the club and by extension the community.”

Chairman of the Real Maracas Fundraising Committee, Lucien Delpesh said “This gives us huge potential to attract further sponsorship. With the confidence placed in us to represent a brand such as Bankers Insurance and a partnership with the Caribbean Club Champions, Central F.C., Real can offer all of the benefits of promotion through community football together with the glamour of an association with one of the biggest clubs in the Caribbean.”

Central F.C. will also assist in marketing and promoting Real Maracas.

“It will be a real partnership where both parties gain benefits” said Sancho. “We are excited about the possibilities that may develop over the next few years”

Real Maracas will host Defence Force in a Super League clash on Thursday at 5pm.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1045 on: October 27, 2015, 03:41:30 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/I6IhnVcKXIM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/I6IhnVcKXIM</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Sancho seeks EPL, MLS partnerships.
« Reply #1046 on: December 22, 2015, 06:59:53 AM »
Sancho seeks EPL, MLS partnerships.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Major partnerships with top clubs in the English Premier League in England and the MLS in the United States are currently being sought aggressively by local T&T Pro League outfit Central FC. 

Managing director of the central club Brent Sancho said his club was among many that had been hard hit by the financial downturn in the local economy, coupled with the non-payment of subventions by the T&T government for the past three months.

As such, his club has had to find ways to generate income, apart from their loyal sponsors Bankers Insurance Company which he described as family.

Yesterday Sancho said his club was also seeking major investments from clubs and international investors in a move to soften the impact of the recession currently being experienced. Due to this, subventions of $83,000 which were given by the Sport Company of T&T to eight of the ten clubs in the pro league have been withheld and this has led to many clubs admitting they will close their doors if this trend continues.

Central FC, which is only in its fourth year existence, has generated well over $10 million from private funding and according to Sancho his clubs does not only provide a means of football to youngsters but also a way of life. He explained that these partnerships would bhelp in nurturing and developing talent at his team and would prepare players to make a transition from local football to top flight professional football with major clubs in the English premiership and the MLS.

Sancho, a former minister of sport under the People’s Partnership Government, did not disclose any of the names of the clubs, as he said they were still deep in talks at this point in time. However, he said the main thing was that the clubs were willing to invest and his club would be looking at all facets of their investment.

He lashed out at his detractors, saying there were people who were against him because of his short stint in politics. But he sent a message to them, saying: “You all can hate Brent Sancho if you want to, but don’t hate the many young men who the club saves daily through their involvement in the sport of football.” 

Only recently, Kevin Harrison, the club’s operations officer told the T&T Guardian that his club was in the process of forming a football academy that will cater for the top young footballers at schools in T&T and the Caribbean. He explained that this academy would provide an avenue for young budding footballers to showcase their talents and skills to a number of international scouts from the United Kingdom and through-out Europe, with an aim of getting a trial or contract.

Meanwhile Sancho also addressed the firing of their coach Ross Russell recently, saying his team needed a change for it to move forward.

Russell, the former national and Defence Force coach was sacked after a series of poor results in the TT Pro League. Sancho yesterday described Russell as a good coach who will do well in the future.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
SPoRTT falls short as Central FC faces CFU ban and fine.
« Reply #1047 on: March 03, 2016, 05:57:16 PM »
SPoRTT falls short as Central FC faces CFU ban and fine.
By Inshan Mohammed.

The Sport Company of Trinidad & Tobago (SPoRTT) under past and, present ministers never ceases to amaze when it comes to supporting football in this country as Central FC is on the verge of becoming the latest victim of the poorly run cash-strapped government agency.

Central FC were carded to kick-off their 2016 CFU Club Championship late last month in Montego Bay, Jamaica, against Scholars International (Cayman Islands) and Montego Bay United, but due to Jamaica's General elections, CFU were forced to postponed the original dates and swapped it for early March (9-13) instead.

T&T teams, W Connection and Central FC are both currently representing Trinidad and Tobago at the CFU level. W Connection had the pleasure of playing at home in which they won all of their 3-games to top the group. While Central FC were the unfortunate of the pair to have gotten the more expensive route, of-course, not the fault of W Connection.

The Caribbean Football Union (CFU) does not provide funds for teams competing at this level and it has been a major downfall and embarrassment to Caribbean football and their respected countries. Many teams have had to pull-out of the tournament due to financial restraints including teams from Jamaica, Haiti and T&T, the 3 countries with probably the best leagues in the region.

The reigning Caribbean Champions, Central FC wrote to SPoRTT on the 2nd of January to request funds to cover flights to Jamaica as they got set to defend their 2016 Club Championship crown in late February. The cost was around TT$130k and they were told, no problem by SPoRTT officials.

A month later Central FC told SPoRTT that they've not received a subvention for January and February and that they couldn't afford to pay for an extra day at the hotel because CFU had changed up the fixture dates and it caused Central to rescheduled theirs as well.

CFU had booked the local outfit from the 9th of March and they would have arrived in Jamaica around 9pm after a 12 hour-journey, a distance equivalent from New York to Japan non-stop. Central FC had other plans and wanted to arrive on 8th so their players would have been well rested and ready for kick-off.

Now with the subvention snub and even if they were to receive both month payments now, they would still be short of $66,000 from their proposed budget.

Central FC offered to travel from Kingston to Montego Bay by bus, saving them around $30k and use the extra 20k of that for the hotel, SPoRTT agreed. On Tuesday afternoon a Central FC representative were told by SPoRTT that they could only give them $75k, leaving Central FC a mere 6-days to raise the remaining 60-70k.

Central FC told SWO: “We understand if SPoRTT can't help or give us what we needed, but why wait until now?

“If we were to pull out of the tournament it will be an embarrassment to T&T, not to mentioned we'll be fined US$10,000 and banned for 3 years.”

“The tournament, planned for 5 days will just be one game- Montego Bay United versus Scholars International and CFU would also lose the hotel fees that they paid for the team's stay.”

“Central FC are literally going to companies with a begging bowl to get there. They are not taking a physio to save costs and instead they found a guy in Jamaica who will assist them in that department. In-addition, we may have to cut our player's count to 16 who will be traveling with the team to Jamaica.”

“Certainly, not the best preparation! Football is really taking a kicking at the moment, added the Central FC representative.”

In February 2015, Central FC's CEO Brent Sancho was appointed Minister of Sports (MoS) to replace Rupert Griffith. The latter replaced former minister Anil Roberts, who resigned last year amid the Life Sport furore and corruption allegations concerning that programme.

The former T&T defender, Sancho, have had a bumpy road during his tenure and strangled T&T Football for quite some time until his short-term had come to an end after a new government party had won the General Elections late last year.

Sancho refused to release funds to the TTFA that had already been approved by former MoS Dr. Rupert Griffith. Brent Sancho made it clear that his ministry will no longer facilitate the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) until they can account for funds that have been previously squandered. To-date, even under new management, TTFA audits are still unrevealed.

In September 2015, Sancho's replacement Darryl Smith were appointment as Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs and right off the blocks he said: ‘I’m focused on the athletes."

Just last month Minister of Sport Darryl Smith said that it was just part of his job to slash Pro League teams monthly subvention by $33,000 per-team and claimed it was illegal in the first place.

Smith revealed the teams were illegally being given the additional $33,000 after a minister of sport under the People’s Partnership Government took a decision to increase the amount from $50,000 to $83,000 without Cabinet approval.

The move could be detrimental to the league, who employs over 1,500 workers (including players) from T&T and other parts of the Caribbean. Some clubs are already said that saying that they will not survive if government does not give back the $83,000 subvention to help with paying salaries.

Chairman of Point Fortin Civic FC Garthorne Craig said they have already closed down their entire youth programme which comprises an Under-14, u-16 and under-18 team and the club will not be able to last through to the end of the current season which will be the end of May. North East Stars, Club Sando and Morvant Caledonia United have also painted a bleak picture of this reality.

A few ago via a press conference, Darryl Smith approved 15 T&T Olympic hopefuls including Keshorn Walcott and Cleopatra Borel to received $1.4 million in total from government towards their preparation for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.

Smith added: “We got your back” is the message Sports Minister Darryl Smith is sending to Trinidad and Tobago’s athletes preparing for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.

“We want you, the athletes, to be examples to the youth and of course to honour the red, white and black,” the Minister said, as he pledged five percent of his salary for the period February-August, 2016, to the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee’s Athlete Welfare and Preparation Fund, added the Sport Minister.”

Smith has been visiting grounds throughout T&T to better the facilities for both clubs and fans alike but yet the Minister of Sport has decided that while he will allow free use of stadiums to Pro League teams, he however, is not prepared to fund the lights on the weekends. Therefore, many Pro-League games have to be played at 3.30 or 4pm now, mind you, because of such change, teams will be lucky if they get 50 supporters at games.

Clubs have also been told that they have to pay if they want to train at the Stadium fields, government teams (Defence Force and Police FC are however excused), while, Carnival fetes are always welcomed at all venues. The minister should considering changing his title to Minister of Fetes and Parties, pun intended.

While Cricket seems to be better run, particularly the CPL and Olympians are well supported. Maybe they are their own worst enemy but football has been a political platform especially in T&T and continues to suffer because of personal political vendettas, a few know-it-all and past con-artist who used the sport for financial gain.

CFU meanwhile, are more-or-less the same and with the lack of professionalism and structure in the administration department Clubs continues to pay a hefty price.

Instead of building on the current CFU Club Champions League, past CFU heads had ideas of their own to gain self recognition and personal interests. In 2013, they were seeking the potential of having a Caribbean professional Football League (CPFL), yet, they could hardly afford the run the current one which probably would cost much cheaper to run of the two.

CFU meanwhile, is comprised of 31 Member Associations and is probably one of the few FIFA tournaments that is poorly run and not financially supported by the ruling body, hopefully, with the new FIFA President Mr. Gianni Infantino who promised the region added help will fulfil his promise.

Providing CFU and its member association gets their act together.

About the CFU Club Championship.

CFU revealed that 14 clubs from eight member associations entered the competition that will open with a preliminary round consisting of two four-team groups and two three-team groups. The four group winners will advance to the final round, which will be contested at a single location April 29 – May 1, utilizing a semifinal, third-place match and final format.

The two finalists and third-place match winner will earn berths to the 2016/17 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League (SCCL).

« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 03:57:22 AM by Flex »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SPoRTT falls short as Central FC faces CFU ban and fine.
« Reply #1048 on: March 03, 2016, 09:46:56 PM »
Do so ent like so
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SPoRTT falls short as Central FC faces CFU ban and fine.
« Reply #1049 on: March 03, 2016, 10:56:36 PM »
BS vs RTK

DS vs BS

Sport never wins in these instances

1]; } ?>