March 28, 2024, 08:21:30 AM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 170797 times)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Central FC in Vancouver
« Reply #1080 on: September 28, 2016, 07:47:52 PM »
Any possible online streams?

Good luck Central.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: September 28, 2016, 08:27:09 PM »
how the frig Perez could get so many touches and KJ cyah get a look, farless the ball..oh I know, Palos miscounted the amount of National players

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: September 28, 2016, 08:38:52 PM »
Wow....This is men playing boys ...huge disparity in quality and what's with Central's uniform??

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: September 28, 2016, 08:51:15 PM »
beauty by De Silva..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: September 28, 2016, 10:13:06 PM »
what was the score?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1086 on: September 29, 2016, 03:34:25 AM »
Caps defeat Central FC 4-1 to cap off perfect CCL group stage.
By Farhan Devji (whitecapsfc.com).

It’s a Champions League clean sweep.

Vancouver Whitecaps FC won their fourth straight CONCACAF Champions League match on Wednesday night at BC Place, defeating Trinidad & Tobago champions Central FC 4-1 to conclude the group stage with a perfect record. 

Cristian Techera led the way for Vancouver with two goals and two assists, continuing his torrid CCL form. The Uruguayan’s five goals during the group stage have him tied for the tournament Golden Boot lead. Strikers Blas Pérez and Masato Kudo also found the back of the net.

Whitecaps FC already had a quarter-final berth locked up heading into Wednesday’s contest.

A win, however, guarantees they will be no worse than a third seed in the quarter-finals, which will take place between February 21 and March 2, 2017. That means they’ll face one of the bottom three teams that advance and host the second leg at BC Place.

It was a dominant group stage for Vancouver – and Wednesday was no exception.

The 'Caps, who made 10 changes to their starting lineup after a weekend draw with Colorado Rapids, played some attractive stuff from the get go in a 4-4-2 diamond midfield.

And they opened the scoring in the 11th minute.

First, a lively Nicolas Mezquida played the ball out wide to Techera, who sent in a cross from the right. Kudo then caused some havoc in front of goal, resulting in an easy tap-in for Pérez at the back post.

The likes of Pérez, Techera, and Mezquida were very involved in the early going, combining again in the 22nd minute. This time, Mezquida played a throughball to Pérez, who was hauled down by Keion Goodridge to earn a penalty.

Techera took care of the rest, finishing with a cheeky chip from the spot.

Sean De Silva got one back for Central FC at the end of the first half, curling in a stunning 22-yard free kick, but the ‘Caps kept coming after the break.

Kudo restored Vancouver’s two-goal lead in the 49th minute, volleying in a low Techera cross at the top of the six-yard-box. Techera then slotted in a cross from Marcel de Jong, who played on the left side of midfield, from the centre of the box in the 70th minute.

The ‘Caps, who played with 10 men for the final few minutes after substitute Ben McKendry left the match due to injury, were in cruise control from there.

Not only do they finish the group stage with a perfect 4W-0L-0D record, they do so with a +8 goal differential. And that could come in handy for quarter-final seeding.

Either way, the ‘Caps have made history.

MATCH DETAILS

Attendance: 17,038
Referee: Luis Enrique Santander

Scoring Summary

11’ – VAN – Blas Pérez (Cristian Techera)
22’ – VAN – Cristian Techera (penalty kick)
44 – CEN – Sean De Silva
49’ – VAN – Masato Kudo (Cristian Techera)
70’ – VAN – Cristian Techera (Marcel de Jong)

Stats

Possession: Vancouver 55% – Central 45%
Shots: Vancouver 16 – Central 3
Shots on Goal: Vancouver 12 – Central 2
Saves: Vancouver 1 – Central 8
Offsides: Vancouver 7 – Central 0
Corners: Vancouver 5 – Central 1

Cautions

21’ – CEN – Keion Goodridge
65’ – CEN – Leston Paul
69’ – VAN – Fraser Aird

Teams

Vancouver Whitecaps FC - 70.Paolo Tornaghi; 8.Fraser Aird, 4.Kendall Waston ©, 26.Tim Parker, 46.Brett Levis (30.Ben McKendry 64’); 13.Cristian Techera, 17.Andrew Jacobson, 11.Nicolás Mezquida (32.Marco Bustos 64’), 33.Marcel de Jong; 9.Masato Kudo (47.Kyle Greig* 72’), 27.Blas Pérez

Substitutes not used - 24.Marco Carducci, 14.Cole Seiler, 19.Erik Hurtado, 67.Alphonso Davies

Central FC - 21.Jan-Michael Williams; 15.Kaydion Gabriel (16.Kadeem Corbin 84’), 5.Keston George, 3.Keion Goodridge, 24.Kevon Villaroel (10.Keron Cummings 52’); 19.Nathaniel Garcia (14.Nicholas Dillon 69’), 6.Leston Paul; 7.Jason Marcano, 11.Darren Mitchell ©, 8.Sean De Silva; 9.Kenwyne Jones

Substitutes not used - 1.Javon Sample, 17.Johan Peltier, 26.Jem Gordon

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: September 29, 2016, 05:15:20 AM »
WATCH: Central FCs Sean de Silva scores a sublime free-kick against Vancouver Whitecaps.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5RCO2zo7WMY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5RCO2zo7WMY</a>

WATCH: Highlights of Central FC’s 4-1 loss to Vancouver Whitecaps

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WRtZrGszQbU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WRtZrGszQbU</a>

WATCH: Post-game interview with Kenwyne Jones

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XV2xUI_Ehp4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XV2xUI_Ehp4</a>
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 05:25:07 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: September 29, 2016, 05:54:13 AM »
De Silva love scoring free kicks against Canadian teams.

Remember de one he score against Canada for de under 20 team.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: September 29, 2016, 06:18:07 AM »
Wonderful goal Sean ,start working with him on those crosses like I said have it down to a science guys .

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: September 29, 2016, 06:31:34 AM »
 :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:  Sean Golazo DeSilva.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: September 29, 2016, 12:12:40 PM »
G class horses up against C class horses which is always the case with our local boys when up against the best of concacaf and to some extent our senior foreign pros who usually tend to struggle when we step outside of CFU opposition.

nothing new here though its quite annoying to be dominated year after year for decades, is there no one out there concerned enough to take note and raise the bar?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:14:28 PM by pull stones »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: September 29, 2016, 12:35:01 PM »
re: concerned enough to take note and raise the bar

Just wondering if they're on the same level - budget, facilities, coaching etc

edit: Not sure if it's annoying or just plain frustrating. Both as fans and I'm sure the players experience the same emotions. BTW, I didn't see the game so I cannot comment on their onfield commitment.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:58:55 PM by Jumbie »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: September 29, 2016, 12:50:29 PM »
not much is needed to raise the bar. we do have the resources to get it done, but the will is another issue.

ps, uraguay, guatemala, costa rica and honduras has less in terms of resources and income but their leagues are more competitive than ours, how is that? no more excuses, we simply don't care enough.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:56:30 PM by pull stones »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: September 29, 2016, 01:00:08 PM »
Not a good performance by any stretch by Central.

Decent performances by GK Jan Michael Williams and midfielder Leston Paul.

That said...several factors were not in central FC  favor:

17 hour travel time from T&T to Vancouver.  Leston Paul left Mayaro 3:15 am Trini time to be at the airport for 4 am. Add another hour for his travel time

Vancouver is 3 hours behind Trini time.

Left Trinidad on Tuesday and match played Wednesday in Vancouver

Vancouver right at the end of their season. Fully match fit. Central's season yet to start

Not a natural grass playing surface

Wasn't cold but some players played in gloves so it was colder than they're accustomed to.

The team traveled with 4 defenders, 1 of whom was playing his first match wth Central

Very tough to perform at your best given these circumstances.

Nice turnout from the Vancouver T&T community with pan and riddim section etc

Great interaction with the team and supporters after the game. Really nice

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: September 29, 2016, 01:00:36 PM »
not much is needed to raise the bar. we do have the resources to get it done, but the will is another issue.

ps, uraguay, guatemala, costa rica and honduras has less in terms of resources and income but their leagues are more competitive than ours, how is that? no more excuses, we simply don't care enough.

are we assuming because we have supposed petro $$? or is that factual? Only asking as I don't know.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: September 29, 2016, 01:04:57 PM »
Re: Leston Paul travel time. I think it should have been his personal responsibility (or the club) to ensure the young man was as close as possible to the airport in Trinbago as possible. Especially noting the time /travel you pointed out. Would have been nice if they had the funds to travel a day or 2 early.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 29, 2016, 01:09:02 PM »
So the final score was 4-1

Not surprised.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: September 29, 2016, 02:23:08 PM »

are we assuming because we have supposed petro $$? or is that factual? Only asking as I don't know.
what do you want from me mate? i called it the way i see it. and coming to think of it we do have a stable economy that could sustain that kind of growth and development in comparison to these less fortunate central american countries petro or not, and yes we could more than afford better facilities not to mention give more incentives to the sport of football in trinidad and tobago.

go to tobago and see the playing ammenties that they have at their disposal it's appalling and our government and football federation should be more than ashamed to show their faces at sporting events. and ironically we could more than afford better.

case and point the brian lara stadium. billions was spend on that project yet it was going to waste because our government could not be arsed, thank god for this present administration who decided on spending the necessary funds to see the project through or else it would be another chunk of our PETRO dollars down the tubes.

in a central american country that kind of dough would have gotten them two world class stadiums and a state of the art training facility.

their private sector as well as the state tirelessly contributes to the development of the sport of football with the little that they have, it's call pride and vision and they take very careful steps in moving the sport forward, for example panama and honduras.

we are very laid back wasteful society from top to bottom, that's why we don't compete well. we are afraid of hard work that's all. we could very well afford to live hassle free with our income base if only we worked harder at it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 02:45:15 PM by pull stones »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: September 29, 2016, 04:10:19 PM »
re: what do you want from me mate?

ease up amigo. You said it so I asked.

Anything factual? Numbers much? What sort of budget are the Central american teams functioning on, in comparison to Central FC? When you mentioned resources and income, I presumed you knew such.

You're correct about the BL Stadium though, as some may argue that there was never the need for such undertaking. 3 administrations later and soon it's not just mongoose and matapel will get to use it. Then we got upkeep to deal with.. never ends.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: September 29, 2016, 04:31:28 PM »
Ah hope they eh paing Kenwyne...

:devil:

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: September 29, 2016, 11:47:21 PM »
Bobol, F.C. get bobolized.   Fiya bun.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 01, 2016, 11:49:23 PM »
S De Silva needs to leave Trinidad and go and play football on a hire level playing in a league were the coach's and players cannot teach you anything is just a waist of time.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 02, 2016, 06:32:18 AM »
S De Silva needs to leave Trinidad and go and play football on a hire level playing in a league were the coach's and players cannot teach you anything is just a waist of time.
This same thought entered my mind when I saw the highlight of that beautiful goal against Whitecaps
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: October 02, 2016, 07:08:06 AM »
While I agree with allyuh whole heartedly, does Sean wantsto play abroad? Remember Sean was playing in the States before. Does he have an agent? Is the agent actively looking out for him? Maybe he feels comfortable in the proleague.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: October 02, 2016, 07:38:12 AM »
While I agree with allyuh whole heartedly, does Sean wantsto play abroad? Remember Sean was playing in the States before. Does he have an agent? Is the agent actively looking out for him? Maybe he feels comfortable in the proleague.

He only made three substitute appearances for Minnesota United.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Central FC wary of a busy Christmas; Sancho brands Saintfiet 'disrespectful'
« Reply #1106 on: December 15, 2016, 06:49:53 PM »
Central FC wary of a busy Christmas; Sancho brands Saintfiet 'disrespectful'
Central FC Media

Despite a six point lead at the top of the Digicel Pro League, Central FC's Managing Director, Brent Sancho has stressed to his players and staff the importance of winning the 3 Pro League games scheduled before Christmas.

Sancho, who represented Trinidad and Tobago at the 2006 World Cup, is determined to create history by winning three consecutive Pro League titles, a feat that the former Minister of Sport believes will never be repeated.

The Sharks face Club Sando, Morvant Caledonia United and Defence Force before taking a short break over the Christmas period.

“People are already saying that we have won the league, and I have impressed upon my players that this is certainly not the case. We have 8 games left and must win seven of those to claim the title.”

Sancho pointed out that no clubs can be considered as weak. “Club Sando’s coach, Angus Eve has just taken Naparima to the Big Four title, Caledonia knocked us out of the First Citizens Cup and Army are always dangerous when they have a striker like Jorsling still regularly scoring goals.”

The former Dundee defender said that Central's task has become harder due to lack of funding. “Despite support from Maritime Financial, the club is struggling financially. We have not received subventions from SPORTT for October and November and we still are owed prize money from 2015 and 2016. To add to our problems we only have 17 fit players at this time and with the high intensity style of our play, I am concerned about the health of my players”

And Sancho’s worries escalated when he was informed that new national team Head Coach, Tom Saintfiet, has called three Central players to his first provisional squad.

“However, I am bitterly disappointed at the manner in which this news was relayed.While I understand that the coach is under a lot of pressure, he must understand that clubs have their own schedules and priorities which existed before he arrived here.”

Sancho said that his club received a letter on Tuesday 13th December requesting Sean de Silva, Nathaniel Garcia and Jan-Michael Williams to attend a non residential training camp from Thursday 15th.

He added “We also received a request the same day inviting coaches to attend a meeting with Saintfiet at 11am on Wednesday 14th. To me, both of these requests were unworkable. As much as I am pleased to see my players receive long overdue call ups, Saintfiet should have first consulted Pro League coaches to determine if the players would be made available. This is a busy and crucial stage of the season and I cannot afford to lose key players for up to five matches.”

But instead of consulting with the clubs, Saintfiet called a meeting of the coaches after his squad had been announced.

“My Head Coach was not available to attend the meeting as we already had training booked at Ato Boldon from 9-11 a.m. on Wednesday.” said Sancho.

“I wrote to TTFA as soon as I received the letter requesting our players, and explained that I could not release the players into his camp until December 24th. I did, however, speak to the players concerned and told them I would be happy for them to train with the national team on some days throughout this period.”

“I received a call from National Team Manager, Azaad Khan, requesting me to speak to Saintfiet on speaker, during the coaches meeting. As I began to explain my clubs position concerning our players and that I was happy to reach a compromise, Saintfiet aggressively interrupted me and made it clear that he thought we had a “third world” attitude and it was our fault that we had such a small squad.”

Sancho continued “He then made it abundantly clear that if the Central players did not report for training, they would not be considered. He then hung up abruptly.”

Sancho said he was “shocked, disappointed and disgusted” by Saintfiet’s tone, his manner and his lack of respect. “Central F.C. have always been supportive of all national teams, even when players have been selected outside of the FIFA windows, as is the case here. We had a very cordial relationship with Stephen Hart, who would call clubs to discuss availability of players. It’s a matter of respect. I’m certain that Saintfiet would not have spoken to the owners of Orlando City about Kevin Molino or AZ about Levi Garcia in the same manner and tone.”

“Is it because Saintfiet feels we’re a third world country? Despite his indiscretion, I still fully support the team’s campaign to qualify T&T for Russia 2018.“ added Sancho.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Sharks: Central FC Thread
« Reply #1107 on: December 15, 2016, 08:07:51 PM »
Sancho continued “He then made it abundantly clear that if the Central players did not report for training, they would not be considered. He then hung up abruptly.”

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: 

Coach is off to a whimsical "Wim-sical" start. Any mention of coconut trees?

Sancho, send him a copy of How to Win Friends and Influence People:rotfl:

Over to you, Palos. Jan, Act I, Scene 1.

By the way, based on his resume, Coach is an expert on the supposed Third World. :rotfl: Never a dull moment.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: December 15, 2016, 09:14:59 PM »
He has acquired his bosses qualities very quickly....ha ha ha
The soaps continue

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy