March 28, 2024, 08:30:13 AM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 170798 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Sharks: Central FC Thread
« Reply #1140 on: August 24, 2017, 01:07:33 AM »
Like we going back to semi pro next year or what
looks like we have to reach semipro first, before we can go back to it..

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: August 24, 2017, 10:38:56 AM »
The struggle is real in the pro league, I'm amazed at how players make a living off the league given it generates little revenue. Teams always dependant on government subventions to survive and pay their players. I don't see the situation getting better either.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: August 24, 2017, 11:23:01 AM »
I don't think the govt bs...ing about money issues.  Govt spending has been curtailed by  oil prices. The proleague will suffer.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 05:04:13 PM by Deeks »

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: August 24, 2017, 03:52:49 PM »
"I would like to remind all players that non payment of your salary does not excuse you from training or playing in games, where selected."

Someone seriously needs to give Sancho a quick briefing on the basics of employment law and his obligations as an employer. Non payment of salaries is a breach of contract.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: August 24, 2017, 05:05:32 PM »
"I would like to remind all players that non payment of your salary does not excuse you from training or playing in games, where selected."

Someone seriously needs to give Sancho a quick briefing on the basics of employment law and his obligations as an employer. Non payment of salaries is a breach of contract.

The shoe is on the other foot now.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1145 on: August 25, 2017, 12:49:49 AM »
Central FC players borrowing money to attend training.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

THREE-TIME reigning TT Pro League champions Central FC are struggling to stay afloat with salaries reportedly unpaid for the last three months. The club has not received its $50,000 monthly subventions from the Sports Company of Trinidad and Tobago (SPORTT) since May this year.

However, with the League on a break until September 8, the players within the club are still being urged to fulfil their contractual obligations, including reporting to training sessions and giving of their best during club matches.

According to a team member, who chose to remain anonymous, “Everybody supports each other. The older ones are helping the younger ones and the younger ones are looking out for the older ones.” However, the Central FC member admitted that the salary issues is putting a damper on things within the club.

“We’ve not been coping (well),” he said. “We have some players from the southern areas and a lot of them have to be virtually borrowing money to come to practice (at Larry Gomes Stadium in Arima or Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo). And it’s been tough, to say it lightly.” The team member acknowledged that the lure of overseas contracts is the main driving force among the current crop of players.

“Most of the players do stick around because of the opportunities to go outside. I think that’s mostly why a lot of the players are there right now.

Players are just looking for the light (at the end of) the dark tunnel, the possibility of getting (an overseas contract). That’s why players try to stick it out.” The 2017 FA Trophy will kick off in mid-September and the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) has announced a number of financial incentives for the teams.

“I think the players will look at it as an incentive but, when you look back at the Pro League, there is outstanding monies from the Pro League (since) three years ago,” the team member noted.

“It’s good that (the TTFA) want to put money into it but its still a damper because you never know if you’re actually going to see that money. So it’s a good and a bad at the same time.” Brent Sancho, owner and managing director at the club, admitted that the 10 Pro League teams were promised by Darryl Smith (who replaced Sancho as the Sports Minister) that subventions would e given throughout the 2017 season.

He pointed out, “We’ve had constant dialogues with the players. We’ve spoken to them.

In some measures we’ve put things in writing, in some measures we’ve spoken to them verbally.

We’ve allowed them to know the scenario.

“It’s a very difficult situation for the players but, at the same point in time, there are clubs (globally) who haven’t paid their players for three months etcetera,” Sancho continued.

“It happens, but the players still have an obligation to train and play games for their clubs. It’s football, that is the way it is.

“One of the reasons why we’re in our financial situation is that we’ve paid players bonuses (that) we’ve had no business paying. We didn’t receive any bonus. But we’ve tried to pay each player. We’ve tried numerous ways of raising funds but, at the same point in time, we still expect the players to come out and train.” With regards to sponsorship of the club, Sancho stated, “We’ve spoken to several sponsors.

They’ve all said the same thing, (due to) the financial climate of the country, they’re not sponsoring.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: August 25, 2017, 06:36:09 AM »
Again, something discussed over 10 years ago, I feel like a Contro Albertian, how ah bringing back post..oh gorm, hope I ent say Beetlejuice 3 times ( or call name)

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=818.msg4682#msg4682

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Two Antiguan footballers opt out of renewing their contracts with Central FC
« Reply #1147 on: August 30, 2017, 05:54:02 AM »
Two Antiguan footballers opt out of renewing their contracts with Central FC due to non-payment of salaries
By Neto Baptiste (Antigua Observer)

Two of the country’s rising national footballers have opted out of renewing their contracts with a professional outfit in the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League.

Twenty-year-old defender Vashami Allen and 22-year-old goalkeeper Prince Walter said they will not re-sign with Central Football Club after having not received salaries since being signed by the club earlier this year.

Allen, who was in Trinidad for five months, said that although he felt welcomed by the other players on the team, he could not have survived being away from home any longer without a monthly income.

“Well, they welcomed me like one of their own and as I came they referred to me as a new brother, so I got along with all of them well. The first sign [that there was a financial issue] was when the first month passed and I realised nothing was really happening. I decided to just grind it out and leave that alone but then it just got overbearing so I just came back to my home country,” he said.

Allen, who only appeared once for Central in his five-month stint, said he still views the move as his greatest opportunity to date.

“I was excited because I was waiting for this all of my life but in the structure, when I got there, I was excited to get on the field and what not and then behind the scenes there are all sorts of hiccups, so…” the player said.

Meanwhile Walter, who left Antigua in May, said he tried to hold on for as long as he possibly could, adding that deteriorating living conditions weighed heavily on his decision.

“I tried to speak to the owner and implied certain things to him and the living conditions weren’t really the best but I still tried to grind it out because, to me, it’s not all about the money but about getting to a next level,” he said.

“I had spoken to other experienced players about the situation and they told me to give it a chance and try to grind out a bit more. I tried that but after a while it was really overbearing with salaries not being paid and I couldn’t live like that. The owner, to me, doesn’t really respond to players quickly and understand our situation and that we are not Trinidadians,” the goalkeeper said.

Several other reports of players complaining about the non-payment of salaries in the TT Pro League and how it has impacted their ability to train and play have also surfaced in several Trinidad and Tobago publications.

The non-payment of salaries is being blamed on the suspension of a TT$50,000 subvention from the Sports Company of Trinidad and Tobago since May of this year.

The TT Pro League is on a break until September 8.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: September 09, 2017, 06:30:13 AM »
Dale Saunders has resigned his post as Head Coach of Central FC. Stern John will replace him.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1149 on: September 10, 2017, 05:49:30 AM »
Saunders quits as coach of Central FC.

DALE SAUNDERS, the former national defensive midfielder, has quit his role as coach of TT Pro League champions Central FC.

Saunders, who also held a coaching role at the now defunct Joe Public, replaced current Trinidad and Tobago’s goalkeeping coach Ross Russell at the helm of Central FC in December 2015.

But Stern John, another member of the national men’s team technical staff, was seen giving instructions during Friday’s Pro League encounter between Central FC and North East Stars at the Arima Velodrome, while rumours were abound that Saunders had parted ways with the three-time Pro League kings.

Contacted for a comment yesterday, the 43-year-old Saunders admitted, “The rumour is out.

I’m not with Central FC anymore. They had some outstanding payments and stuff.

“I made a decision to leave the club. I think I had enough. It’s time for me to move on. And I have some things happening right now.”

Asked to elaborate on what he has planned for the future, Saunders replied, “Some things on my own initiative.” During the past few months (after Central FC completed a Pro League three-peat), a slew of players have either left the club or signalled their intentions to move on, due to the financial struggles at the Brent Sancho-owned club.

Among the players who have left are Jan-Michael Williams, Keron Cummings, Rundell Winchester, Julius James, Keion Goodridge, Darren Mitchell, Marcus Joseph, Kevon Villaroel, Willis Plaza, Leston Paul and Carlos Edwards, as well as the Antiguan pair of Vashami Allen and Walter Prince.

John now becomes the sixth official coach at the club, in its fiveyear- long existence.

The previous coaches at Central FC were Englishmen Graham Rix and Terry Fenwick, Zoran Vranes of Serbia, Russell and Saunders.

RELATED NEWS

Saunders quits as Central exodus continues; Sharks hold Stars despite turning up with 14 players.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

The exodus continued at defending Pro League champions, Central FC, as team coach Dale Saunders joined the raft of departures from the “Couva Sharks” in the last month.

It meant that former World Cup 2006 forward and Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team assistant coach Stern John made his debut as Central head coach last night in a league affair against North East Stars at the Arima Velodrome.

And John might be reasonably satisfied with his first outing in charge as the Sharks, despite showing up with just 14 players, bit back late to hold the Stars 1-1.

Former National Under-20 midfielder Duane Muckette grabbed a goal in his first match with the new-look Stars since returning after brief stints in the United States and Portugal.

Muckette was joined in central midfield by fellow debutants Kevon Goddard and Densill Theobald. Goddard moved to Stars from W Connection while Theobald, a 2006 World Cup player, spent the last season at Morvant Caledonia United and Mumbai FC in India.

But the threesome to could not help Stars to the three points that would have taken them clear at the top of the table, as, not for the first time, Central proved tough opposition despite their internal issues.

Central captain and utility player Keston George and midfield live-wire Nathaniel Garcia were also absent last night and believed to be seeking moves away from the club while veteran 2006 World Cup player Carlos Edwards has not played since blasting managing director Brent Sancho for his alleged dishonesty and poor treatment of players.

Antigua and Barbuda internationals Vashami Allen, 20, and Walter Prince, 22, have returned to their homelands. Allen, a versatile defender, said he was never paid in his five-month stint at Central.

“The first sign [that there was a financial issue] was when the first month passed and I realised nothing was really happening,” Allen told the Antigua Observer. “I decided to just grind it out and leave that alone but then it just got overbearing so I just came back to my home country…

“I was excited because I was waiting for this all of my life but in the structure, when I got there, I was excited to get on the field and what not. And then behind the scenes there are all sorts of hiccups, so…”

Prince also said he held out for as long as he could and shared his concerns with Sancho. But he was not encouraged by the response from the club and eventually gave up.

“I still tried to grind it out because, to me, it’s not all about the money but about getting to a next level,” said Prince. “I had spoken to other experienced players about the situation and they told me to give it a chance and try to grind out a bit more. I tried that but after a while it was really overbearing with salaries not being paid and I couldn’t live like that.

“The owner, to me, doesn’t really respond to players quickly and understand our situation and that we are not Trinidadians.”

Last month, Sancho penned a letter to inform his players that the club would not pay salaries until they received outstanding subventions from the Ministry of Sport and “at this point I cannot confirm when this will occur.”

The Central boss claimed that subventions had not been paid for June, July and August. However, Sancho told his players that they were expected to show up for work and operate as usual.

“I would like to remind all players,” stated Sancho, “that non payment of your salary does not excuse you from training or playing in games, where selected…”

Last night, John had just 14 Central players available with veterans Jason Marcano, Sean De Silva, Jem Gordon and Kaydion Gabriel the only remnants of the squad that won three titles in a row. But Gordon, the Tobago utility player, ensured that Central did not leave Arima empty-handed, producing a late equalising item.

The Sharks, who have only conceded a League-low three goals so far this season, sit in fifth at present and, with two games in hand, are seven points shy of leaders, W Connection.

Stars trail Connection by only goal difference despite playing one game less.

In yesterday’s other Pro League affair, Nathan Lewis scored his first goal of the season and defender Jesus Perez conjured up a late winner as San Juan Jabloteh edged Point Fortin Civic 2-1 in Mahaica Oval.

Civic utility player Glen Sutton, who rejoined the club from Central last season, scored the home team’s short-lived equaliser.

With the result, Jabloteh climbed to fourth while Civic remain seventh but they can be overtaken by Morvant Caledonia who clash with St Ann’s Rangers from 4pm today at the St Augustine Secondary School ground.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 05:12:32 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1150 on: September 25, 2017, 03:19:43 AM »
Sancho: Limited resources affecting Central FC.
T&T Newsday Reports.

Limited resources, in terms of finance as well as the player pool, is affecting the fortunes of three-time TT Pro League champions Central FC, according to the club’s owner Brent Sancho.

Last week, Sancho’s former Trinidad and Tobago teammate and the club’s coach Stern John made his competitive comeback, at the age of 40.

The decision to use John as a player/coach has been criticised by players and fans of local football, especially as the legendary TT striker is also an assistant to national men’s team coach Dennis Lawrence.

Central FC are currently seventh in the 10-team points standings with 10 points from as many games, and they suffered a resounding 6-0 beating by North East Stars in their last game on Friday at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva.

John was accused by members of the North East Stars team of alleged belittling comments about their skills, as well as their prospects of gaining selection on the national squad.

Sancho, during an interview yesterday, called the issue of John’s return to the competitive arena, as well as his barbs towards the North East players, as a “non story.”

He pointed out, “We have a limited squad. It’s well documented. We have six injuries in the squad.

“He’s fit enough to play and he has the ability still to play. So he could play.

“I have no problem with that. He was registered from before anyway. It’s not the first time this has happened.”

Sancho continued, “As I’ve said before, the real story is why is this situation occurring, in terms of the League. And I don’t see like anyone wants to address this situation. I don’t know if people are afraid to say that the clubs were promised subventions from the start of the season by the Ministry of Sport. And we’re all in this situation now because of broken promises. So I don’t know what else (people) expect the clubs to do.”

Sancho, the former Minister of Sport, admitted that the financial plight have left a number of players disenchanted.

“It’s not much you can do,” he acknowledged.

“You just have to hang on. And that is what we’ve been doing. We’ve been trying to make sure we can continue. We have a service to over 300 footballers.

“What would happen if this League crashes? What you think will happen with the crime rate? That is my problem. This is not about me. This is about young men and football in this country. That is the bigger picture.”

Are the club owners trying to mobilise support from within the League to address the subvention issue, as to whether or not it will resume and what alternative measures will be taken?

Sancho replied, “The owners have to stop thinking about who want to win the League. The survival of the League is the most important thing. We haven’t gotten subventions since April.

“That is not fair. That is the number one challenge. Nobody is saying that the League should be hand-and-foot on the Government, but you have to look at what this League brings to this country. This thing has realistic implications.

“I don’t know if it’s a political thing and I don’t care. My main concern is the sportsmen and sportswomen who are struggling to put books in their children’s bags. In terms of the League, we’ll have to re-function. Central would change our module and be competitive, that’s for sure.”

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: September 25, 2017, 05:39:49 AM »
John was accused by members of the North East Stars team of alleged belittling comments about their skills, as well as their prospects of gaining selection on the national squad.

Nothing wrong with Stern playing. Their club situation is dire. But I seriously hope the last part of the sentence is untrue though. Threatening players with non-selection for national is unbecoming. Hard to believe.

I don’t know if people are afraid to say that the clubs were promised subventions from the start of the season by the Ministry of Sport.

If the govt did make a promise, then they should follow through on it. I feel the govt should give them the subventions for the rest of the season, and tell them straight that they  will no longer be supporting the league with subventions. They can't support the league due to the economic situation.

“What would happen if this League crashes? What you think will happen with the crime rate? That is my problem.

The crime situation can't get any worse.  It is very disturbing to see the pro-league on tenuous grounds, since it is the league where the core of the national team is formed. But that is a heavy burden for the league to carry if it was to fold. Assuming that the crime rate will rise if the league fold is a bit farfetched, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 09:32:02 AM by Deeks »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: September 25, 2017, 03:22:59 PM »
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:24:51 PM by maxg »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: September 25, 2017, 03:40:27 PM »
The Government shouldn't be the one holding all the blame. It's about time ppl challenge the private sector and their involvement in the communities.
Carib, Stag, Angostura, KFC, Francis Fashion, Matouks, All Banks, Petrotrin (other oil and gas), Cannings, etc. These businesses making a mint of the citizenry and should give back in a big way. Promoting fete and carnival with no problem, but not sports and community.

Time to hold their feet to the fire.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hydro Tech backs Central’s bid for third Caribbean crown
« Reply #1154 on: January 18, 2018, 02:19:54 PM »
Hydro Tech backs Central’s bid for third Caribbean crown
ttproleague.com

With the support of new sponsor Hydro Tech, two-time former Caribbean champions Central FC are looking to put behind them last season’s challenging campaign as they chase a third international crown at the 2018 CONCACAF Caribbean Club Championship—the region’s qualifying tournament to the CONCACAF Champions League and CONCACAF League.

Central, by virtue of winning the 2016-17 Pro League championship, and then runners-up W Connection, will represent Trinidad and Tobago at the newly reformatted CONCACAF Caribbean Club Championship, joining six other qualified clubs in tier 1.

The Guayaguayare-based Hyro Tech, platinum sponsor of the 2017 Super League champions Guaya United, are backing Central for the duration of the Caribbean Club Championship with consideration for an extended relationship with the Couva Sharks according to the club’s new general manager David Mohammad.

“The number one focus is the Caribbean Club Championship,” said Muhammad, a former Trinidad and Tobago national team general manager. “After that we would look at the possibilities.”

Central are pooled in Group B of the 2018 Caribbean Club Championship against Jamaica’s Portmore United (Feb. 7), Haiti’s Racing FC (Feb. 9) and hosts Atlantico FC (Feb. 11) at the Estadio Cibao, Santiago, Dominican Republic.

Connection, meanwhile, are Group A hosts and must tackle Haiti’s Real Hope FA (Jan. 31), Jamaica’s Arnett Gardens (Feb. 2) and Club Atletico Pantoja (Feb. 4) at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, Trinidad.

“It’s vital for T&T football that our clubs come out on top in the CFU (Caribbean Football Union) tournament,” said Central FC’s managing director Brent Sancho this week.

“We need to rebuild the Pro League brand and a successful tournament will reaffirm that the Pro League is the Caribbean’s premier league. No other Caribbean national league has produced anywhere near as many regional champions as the TT Pro League.”

Last season, former Caribbean champions San Juan Jabloteh reached the 2017 final but following a bag of wasted chances the San Juan Kings were edged by Cibao as the Dominican Republic outfit -- coached by legendary former Barcelona academy coach Albert Benaiges -- were crowned champions.

Connection, however, stands the most successful club of the new era having won the Caribbean crown outright in 2006 and 2009 and were joint winners in 2001, 2002 and 2013 when no final rounds were contested.

But the Savonetta Boys were defeated by bitter Pro League rivals Central FC in the 2015 and 2016 finals.

Other former champions out of Trinidad and Tobago include Defence Force, Morvant Caledonia United and now defunct United Petrotrin and Joe Public.

Central, though two-time former Caribbean champions and consecutive Pro League champions in 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17, are coming off their worst ever finish in the Pro League – ninth on the ten-team standings at the end of the 2017 season.

“It was a tough year,” said Sancho. “As a club, we’ve suffered broken promises from various entities which left us woefully short of our budgeted expenditure. This resulted in players going unpaid and, understandably, guys walking out of their contracts to seek employment elsewhere.”

Sancho said that once the SporTT Company withdrew its support for professional players by stopping the subvention to clubs to assist with salaries, many clubs were thrown into turmoil.

The 2006 World Cup defender and former Minister of Sport said that clubs should be applauded for remaining solvent when the easiest option was to close down.

Sancho said Hydro Tech’s involvement has enabled the club to recruit high quality players for the duration of the Caribbean Club Championship and preparation. He thanked Hydro Tech’s Trevor Lynch for investing in T&T professional football and said he hopes to make Hydro Tech proud when they Couva Sharks compete in Group B in the Dominican Republic.

Sancho also pointed out that the club is still searching for additional sponsors as the CONCACAF Caribbean Club Championship presents a great opportunity to promote T&T overseas.

He said, “Our clubs have a tremendous record in the region and we’re hoping more businesses step up to help us fly the flag. Any help that can be offered would be gratefully considered.”

2018 CONCACAF Caribbean Club Championship First Round Schedule
*Listed in ET

Group A (Trinidad)
Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Club Atletico Pantoja (DOM) v Arnett Gardens FC (JAM), 6pm, Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, Trinidad;

W Connection FC (T&T) v Real Hope FA (HAI), 9pm, Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, Trinidad.

Friday, February 2, 2018       
Real Hope FA (HAI) v Club Atletico Pantoja (DOM), 6pm, Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, Trinidad;

W Connection FC (T&T) v Arnett Gardens FC (JAM), 9pm, Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, Trinidad.

Sunday, February 4, 2018
Arnett Gardens FC (JAM) v Real Hope FA (HAI), 6pm, Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, Trinidad;

W Connection FC (T&T) v Club Atletico Pantoja (DOM), 9pm, Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, Trinidad.

Group B (Dominican Republic)
Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Central FC (T&T) v Portmore United FC (JAM), 6pm, Estadio Cibao, Santiago, Dominican Republic;

Atlantico FC (DOM) v Racing FC (HAI), 9pm, Estadio Cibao, Santiago, Dominican Republic.

Friday, February 9, 2018   
Racing FC (HAI) v Central FC (T&T), 6pm, Estadio Cibao, Santiago, Dominican Republic;

Atlantico FC (DOM) v Portmore United FC (JAM), 9pm, Estadio Cibao, Santiago, Dominican Republic.

Sunday, February 11, 2018
Portmore United FC (JAM) v Racing FC (HAI), 6pm, Estadio Cibao, Santiago, Dominican Republic;

Atlantico FC (DOM) v Central FC (TRI), 9pm, Estadio Cibao, Santiago, Dominican Republic.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1155 on: February 01, 2018, 05:40:36 AM »
Central FC receive $$ boost.
By Mark Pouchet (Express).

WITH the TT Pro League still to determine a starting date for this season, Central FC head coach Stern John says his squad is focused on their performance at the 2018 CONCACAF Caribbean Club Championship.

Central “Sharks” will compete in Group B which will be hosted by Dominican Republic club Atlantico FC and features Jamaica’s Portmore United and Haiti’s Racing FC, from 7-11 February 2018.

John and company received a $20,000 boost from director of the Lullabee Group of Companies, Sheldon Stephen, before their departure for the Spanish-speaking country Sunday. They unveiled their new sponsor at a media conference at the VIP Lounge of the Hasely Crawford Stadium yesterday.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: February 03, 2018, 08:30:54 AM »
WATCH: Central FC Head Coach Stern John speaks to the media at the unveiling of Central’s 2018 team.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Yd3G5ztCacM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Yd3G5ztCacM</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1157 on: February 15, 2018, 01:12:39 AM »
Central hope to keep squad.

BRENT SANCHO, owner of local football club Central FC, is hoping the new faces in his squad remain, as they shift focus to the 2018 Caribbean Club Championship Finals, tentatively set for May at a venue to be decided.

Central FC advanced to the Finals by virtue of topping Group B, a four-team preliminary round phase, in the Dominican Republic last week.

Central FC started their campaign poorly, beaten 2-0 by Portmore United of Jamaica last Wednesday, but they rebounded to defeat Racing FC of Haiti 3-0 on Friday, followed by a 1-0 win over host club Atlantico FC on Sunday.

The club has been blighted by financial troubles during the past year but they added a number of players on two-month long contracts, including past and present Trinidad and Tobago players Cornell Glen, Kerry Baptiste, Densill Theobald, Keron Cummings, Carlyle Mitchell, Tyrone Charles, Nathan Lewis and Darren Mitchell.

Sancho, in a telephone interview yesterday, said, “All the players that came in understand the situation. We were having long-term contractual conversations with some of these players. Nevertheless, we’re still waiting and navigating to see what is next as it relates to the (Club Championships) and when is our next round of games.

The former TT defender and Minister of Sport, added, “We’ve spoken to several and they’ve all expressed an interest to continue in the cub. We’re hoping to have the same kind of team that were put forward to the Dominican Republic.”

Sancho noted that a few players are pondering moves overseas, and he will not stand in their way if such deals do transpire.

“There are one or two who would want to move on to leagues overseas,” Sancho said. “They are getting these kind of options. I would encourage them to take it because the football career is short. If they get something better, I would encourage them to go. The ones that are here and want to work with the club, they’re willing to stay.”

As far as preparations for the Finals are concerned, Sancho said, “The coaching staff will identify who are staying and identify who are going. On top of that, we’ll have discussions as it relates to sponsorship.”

He extended his gratitude to sponsors Hydro Tech Limited and Lolabees Group of Companies for their support thus far in the Caribbean Club Championships.

Sancho added, “We’ve been talking to the Chaguanas Borough Corporation about (using) facilities. So there are a lot of things happening that will have an impact on the type of squad that we’ll have, going into the final stage.”

With regards to both Hydro Tech and Lolabees, the Central FC owner said, “They’ve both expressed interest in continuing on.”

Sancho is hopeful that more sponsors can come on board to assist teams in the TT Pro League as their success in the Caribbean Championships proves they are doing something right. “I think it shows the strength of the TT Pro League and the viability of the reasons why it’s important to have this league,” he said.

Sancho said topping Group B was no easy feat as the had to overcome some odds.

“We have to give credit to (head coach) Stern (John) and the coaching staff and, moreso, we have to give credit to the players. It wasn’t the type of start that we would have wanted in this tournament (losing their first game) but, all and all, the players were outstanding to come back and perform like that.”

Sancho admitted that a number of players were battling a bout of food poisoning, including captain Mitchell, Theobald, Charles and Cummings.

“Despite all of that, the difficult terrain to play three games in five days, and having a month to prepare, it’s truly an outstanding result in those (last) two games,” said Sancho.

He ended, “One thing that stood out to me was the level of competition. Their standards have definitely risen and, if we are to continue to be successful in this competition, we need to step up our game.”

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: February 15, 2018, 10:33:21 PM »
Congrats Central. The way your season went, this must be a very welcome kudo. Good Luck going forward.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1159 on: February 22, 2018, 02:46:46 AM »
Travel agency sues Central FC.
T&T Guardian Reports.

A travel agency is suing Central United FC for breach of contract. Joliegh Enterprises, trading as Trade Winds Travel, instituted the lawsuit against the three-time T&T Pro League champions on November 23, last year.

However, the company was forced to place two newspaper advertisements over two weeks this month, after its lawyers were unsuccessful in their attempts at serving the claim on the club.

On January 4, the company was granted permission to dispense with traditional service in lieu of the newspaper advertisements.

According to the advertisement, which appeared on Monday, the company is seeking damages for breach of contract and consequential damages suffered as a result of the breach.

It is also seeking $86,578 in special damages, which are awarded for financial losses suffered by an affected party, and its legal costs for filing the lawsuit.

The notice gave the club 14 days, from the latest advertisement, to file an appearance in the case and to source copies of the lawsuit from the Supreme Court Registry.

“In default of you filing an appearance, the Court may proceed to make any order it considers appropriate including entering judgment against you,” the notice stated.

It did not reveal the nature of the contract or the alleged breaches claimed by the company.

The T&T Guardian attempted to contact the company’s lawyers for additional information but they declined as they stated that they did not wish to comment as the lawsuit is still before the court.

Established by former national footballer Brent Sancho in 2012, the Sharks are currently coached by former national striker Stern John and won the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Caribbean Club Championship in 2015 and 2016.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: February 22, 2018, 07:46:13 AM »
Never a dull friggin moment in TT football. Just when you happy about a little bright spot in the football, here comes calamity bacchanal.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1161 on: April 11, 2018, 01:41:53 AM »
Central FC refute claims of non-submittal of forms.
T&T Newsday Reports.

CENTRAL FC owner and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Brent Sancho has refuted claims made in a recent report that the club is one of many who may be provisionally suspended from local football over alleged failure to meet compliance regulations set by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA).

According to the report, 14 clubs, including former three-time Pro League champions Central FC, did not meet the March 31 2018 deadline to prove their compliance.

But Sancho has rubbished those claims made in the report.

He stated, in a recent telephone interview, “We’ve submitted everything on the 29th (of March). We have correspondence that we submitted it, so there is no issue.”

The former Minister of Sport added, “We haven’t received anything from the TTFA. In fact, we were in a fabulous three-day symposium with UEFA and the president (of TTFA David John-Williams) was around so I suspect if anything was wrong we would have been told then.”

When contacted for a comment, TTFA general secretary Justin Latapy-George, pointed out that the issue regarding clubs who may have missed the deadline for submitting forms, will be discussed at the TTFA Board level later this week.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1162 on: April 27, 2018, 01:41:48 AM »
Sport Ministry blanks Central FC.
By Jelani Beckles (Bewsday).

Caribbean Club Championships in doubt...

IT IS unlikely that Central FC will play any further part in the 2018 Caribbean Club Championships, as the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs has blanked the local football club’s request for funds to travel to Jamaica for the next round of competition from May 9 to 14.

The financially strapped club is in need of $150,000 to travel to Jamaica for the tournament. Central FC owner Brent Sancho said the club was hoping for assistance from the Government and/or corporate TT to get to Jamaica.

“We have requested help from Ministry of Sport, we wanted them to offset the tickets,” Sancho said.

He said Central FC have contacted corporate companies for assistance to travel to Jamaica, but to no avail. “We have written to over 15 to 20 companies. Most people say they can’t help right now,” Sancho said.

Director, physical education and sport (ag) at the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs, Patrice Charles, wrote a letter on Monday to operations officer at Central FC Kevin Harrison, indicating the Ministry was not able to help.

The letter said, “I am writing you in reference to your letter of April 16, 2018 to the Honourable Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs, Miss Shamfa Cudjoe on the captioned subject. I regret to inform you that the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs (MSYA) will not be able to assist with funding for your event/activity at this time. This should not discourage you from any further request for assistance from the MSYA. Despite this, we at the MSYA hope that your event is met with success despite the Ministry not being able to extend assistance.”

Sancho told Newsday yesterday if the club does not receive money by today, the trip will be cancelled. The letter to Central FC offered a glimmer of hope, saying if the economic situation at the Ministry improves, they may be able to support. “Should our situation at the Ministry change, and funding becomes available, we will be able to revisit your application, providing that your organisation had produced the normal requirements of no less than three quotations for airfare for the desired participants as well as a list of said participants, as you are aware,” Charles said.

In the Senate yesterday,however, the Sports Minister revealed the Cabinet has approved $11.1 million towards assisting the Pro League, with $4.8 million to be disbursed in 2018. It is not clear whether any of those funds can assist Central Fc.

Sancho, a former national footballer, said it is unfortunate that the Central FC players won’t be able to continue competing in the tournament.

“These players work hard to get here. This impacts a lot of lives,” he said.

Sancho said the Government has the club in another tough situation as they may have to go to court to settle an issue with a travel agency. He revealed Central FC conducted camps with children in Tobago in conjunction with the Sport Company of TT (SporTT). Sancho alleged SporTT was supposed to pay the travel agency but never did, resulting in Central FC being taken to court.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 27, 2018, 06:31:39 AM »
No mention of what happened to the sponsorship that was under review when the team made the last trip abroad. What happened to them? What have they decided? Where's the back story?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: April 27, 2018, 09:31:56 PM »
No mention of what happened to the sponsorship that was under review when the team made the last trip abroad. What happened to them? What have they decided? Where's the back story?

Hydro Tech company ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Central FC to change owners
« Reply #1165 on: January 22, 2019, 02:23:17 PM »
Central FC to change owners
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

T&T Pro League campaigner Central FC is set to be taken over by a known international football entity ahead of the 2019 season.

Yesterday the club’s owner and founder Brent Sancho revealed, that following in-depth discussions for the past months about the future of the club, a decision is set to be reached soon, that could potentially see the club changing its name, recruit new coaching staff and management team, engage in an aggressive marketing programme to further continue its dominance in the country’s top flight domestic football league.

The move will also see full salaries being paid to players and all operational expenses for the club being covered by the international company.

Sancho who did not want to reveal the company’s name said it is a European and United States organisation that focuses specifically on the development of young players for export to international clubs across the globe. “The company chose us because of our impressive track record of producing top local layers and showing our capability of dominating local football. The company will either take over as our key investors or buy out the club totally for the coming season.

Nothing will happen before the Carnival, that is certain, but we are looking to seal the deal before the start of the league in April,” Sancho explained.

The former national defender, who rose to world fame during a FIFA World Cup 2006 match against England in which lanky striker Peter Crouch pulled his hair when both when up for a corner kick, told Guardian Media Sports that a complete take-over by the company would mean his club will first have to offer its shares for purchase by the Pro League, before they can be offered to any other entity, local or international.

“I do not foresee any problems with that; however, as all the intricacies are being worked out,” Sancho said. The club was founded in 2012 and since then has won the pro league on three occasions, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17 in only its short. It was also runner up in the National FA for the 2012–13, 2013–14 seasons, before winning the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Club Championship in 2015, 2016.

Known popularly as ‘the Sharks’ the club’s triumph also included the First Citizens Cup title in 2013, 2014 and the Lucozade Sports Goal Shield in 2014.

Sancho also said the company has been on the search for clubs in the Caribbean where development work can take place and players can be given opportunities to ply their trade at other international clubs in Europe and America.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: January 22, 2019, 07:58:32 PM »
If this comes off, some people might have to make good on selling bridges.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Central FC to adopt Crown Trace community
« Reply #1167 on: June 02, 2019, 08:03:04 PM »
Central FC to adopt Crown Trace community
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

Cen­tral FC, a sea­soned cam­paign­er in the T&T Pro League, is now in the process of adopt­ing the Crown Trace com­mu­ni­ty in Ch­agua­nas, a move that will be fol­lowed by a change of name to the club soon.

The move is in keep­ing with a man­date by the com­mis­sion formed to guide the lo­cal foot­ball to the UE­FA/FI­FA-pro­posed T-League for­mat this year and there­by take club foot­ball back to the com­mu­ni­ty base.

Brent San­cho, own­er and man­ag­ing di­rec­tor of the club told Guardian Me­dia Sports yes­ter­day that his club has been hav­ing on­go­ing talks with mem­bers of the Crown Trace com­mu­ni­ty, and so far the talks have been very fruit­ful.

He said yes­ter­day, "We start­ed ini­tial­ly in the Cal­i­for­nia area in Cou­va and have now moved to Crown Trace in Ch­agua­nas, where we have been li­ais­ing with the clubs there to find out what can be done in a col­lab­o­ra­tive ef­fort. I think our move there will be a good one, as many play­ers from that area will be tak­en in­to our fold and get the op­por­tu­ni­ty to play pro­fes­sion­al­ly. We will al­so seek ways of de­vel­op­ing the area and the young foot­ballers who ex­ist in it."

The Cen­tral FC boss did not say what the new name of his club will be but gave the as­sur­ance it will suit the new com­mu­ni­ty they will be rep­re­sent­ing.

Cen­tral FC and nine oth­er clubs- W Con­nec­tion, the 2018 League win­ners, North East Stars, Ter­minix La Hor­quet­ta Rangers, Po­lice, Cen­tral FC, Point Fortin Civic, Club San­do, De­fence Force, Mor­vant Cale­do­nia Unit­ed and San Juan Jabloteh, will play in Tier 1 of the T-League sched­uled to be­gin by mid Au­gust to ear­ly Sep­tem­ber.

UE­FA, FI­FA and the Sport Com­pa­ny of T&T will pro­vide fund­ing for the T-League, which will fea­ture a Tier 1 and a Tier 2 for the next three years. There­after, how­ev­er, the clubs will be asked to stand on its own. San­cho said the clubs are all aware of what is need­ed from them and are there­fore seek­ing help from the gov­ern­ment, to have com­mu­ni­ty grounds blocked around so that clubs can ben­e­fit from gate re­ceipts.

In ad­di­tion, clubs are al­so man­dat­ed to mar­ket and pro­mote their prod­uct (foot­ball) to in­crease their earn­ings.

Mor­vant Cale­do­nia Unit­ed has al­ready made it clear they will use the Mor­vant Recre­ation Ground, while both and the De­fence Force will oc­cu­py the St James Bar­racks and the De­fence Force Head­quar­ters grounds in Ch­aguara­mas re­spec­tive­ly. The oth­er clubs will be charged with the re­spon­si­bil­i­ty of se­cur­ing their own fa­cil­i­ties.

Mean­while, the po­si­tions of mar­ket­ing, li­cens­ing, and com­pe­ti­tion and tour­na­ment per­son­nel will be filled with­in the next week, San­cho said. The po­si­tions are crit­i­cal to the run­ning and start of the T-League and ac­cord­ing to San­cho, all in­ter­views for them have been com­plet­ed. He said the com­mis­sion is now in the process of de­ter­min­ing the best choic­es for the spots.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1168 on: September 13, 2019, 12:30:41 AM »
Central FC claims Gov't $$ victimisation.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Cen­tral FC may not be among the clubs tak­ing part in this year's re­vised T&T Pro League.

Its man­ag­ing di­rec­tor and own­er Brent San­cho is cry­ing vic­tim­i­sa­tion af­ter be­ing one of two clubs to be blanked gov­ern­ment's promised sub­ven­tions yes­ter­day dur­ing a cheque pre­sen­ta­tion at the of­fice of the Min­istry of Sports and Youth Af­fairs.

Each club re­ceived $450,000, from which part will be in­vest­ed to­wards the run­ning of the pro league. Kevin Har­ri­son, the club's Op­er­a­tions Di­rec­tor, who turned up to col­lect the cheque was told that there was no cheque for his team, as there were some dis­crep­an­cies with their salaries in the past.

Up­on re­ceiv­ing this news on Thurs­day, San­cho, a for­mer Min­is­ter of Sports un­der the Peo­ple's Part­ner­ship (PP) Gov­ern­ment, im­me­di­ate­ly stepped down as the club's man­ag­ing di­rec­tor be­lieves his team has been un­fair­ly vic­timised due to his po­lit­i­cal af­fil­i­a­tion. He vowed to have very lit­tle or no in­volve­ment in the op­er­a­tions of the club, say­ing, "If that is what would help the club, then so be it."

He told Guardian Me­dia Sports that a re­port from SPoRTT last week con­firmed that all clubs were com­pli­ant and in a po­si­tion to re­ceive monies yes­ter­day. "We were asked to sub­mit doc­u­men­ta­tion more than four or five times the amount as any oth­er team. We owe monies, yes, but we have had a meet­ing with the play­ers and have since been pay­ing them bit-by-bit.

We in­tend­ed to pay off the out­stand­ing debt to the play­ers with the gov­ern­ment sub­ven­tion and move for­ward."

San­cho said their debt es­ca­lat­ed fol­low­ing their suc­cess­es in the 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17 where tons of monies were spent on the do­mes­tic com­pe­ti­tions, and to com­pete in the CFU and CON­CA­CAF clubs tour­na­ments. The club is al­so owed well over a mil­lion dol­lars in earn­ings from the pro league, which San­cho said, was used by the league to as­sist oth­er clubs fi­nan­cial­ly.

"As far as I know, we will not be tak­ing part in the pro league un­less the per­son who takes over from me, can gen­er­ate suf­fi­cient in­come to do so. And if they can, then I be­lieve the club will be bet­ter served, as it will not be the sub­ject of di­rect at­tacks by the gov­ern­ment, and in par­tic­u­lar, this min­is­ter," San­cho ex­plained.

Ac­cord­ing to the for­mer na­tion­al de­fend­er, "I am sure Cen­tral FC is not the on­ly club ex­pe­ri­enc­ing these trou­bles."

With gov­ern­ment's sub­ven­tion now in the hands of the clubs, the 2019 sea­son will go on as planned, said Sel­by Browne, chair­man of the T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion com­mit­tee formed to get the new pro league off and run­ning.

Browne, al­so pres­i­dent of the Vet­er­an Foot­ball Foun­da­tion of T&T (VFFTT), said two clubs did not re­ceive monies yes­ter­day, with Point Fortin Civic, be­ing the oth­er. How­ev­er, he made it clear both will have to sort their is­sues out first be­fore they can play.

"The agree­ment has been signed by the pro league. One of the con­di­tions was that the T&TFC will pro­vide the nec­es­sary fund­ing to pay the salaries of all clubs, to re­store the con­fi­dence, to have trans­paren­cy and ac­count­abil­i­ty. Two clubs did not re­ceive their cheques to­day, how­ev­er, most of the clubs have agreed to pro­ceed and we will have to go back to the T&TFA Board to get a sign-off, to have funds re­leased next week."

He not­ed, "We know that the De­fence Force and the Po­lice did not re­ceive cheques from gov­ern­ment, but there are two oth­er clubs, one that hasn't paid salaries and that must be ad­dressed first be­fore they re­ceive any fund­ing. And in the oth­er case, it's a mi­nor mat­ter that needs to be ad­dressed."

He as­sured these is­sues will not af­fect the Oc­to­ber 4 start of the league.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 13, 2019, 02:34:32 AM »
Central FC claims Gov't $$ victimisation.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Cen­tral FC may not be among the clubs tak­ing part in this year's re­vised T&T Pro League.

Its man­ag­ing di­rec­tor and own­er Brent San­cho is cry­ing vic­tim­i­sa­tion af­ter be­ing one of two clubs to be blanked gov­ern­ment's promised sub­ven­tions yes­ter­day dur­ing a cheque pre­sen­ta­tion at the of­fice of the Min­istry of Sports and Youth Af­fairs.

Each club re­ceived $450,000, from which part will be in­vest­ed to­wards the run­ning of the pro league. Kevin Har­ri­son, the club's Op­er­a­tions Di­rec­tor, who turned up to col­lect the cheque was told that there was no cheque for his team, as there were some dis­crep­an­cies with their salaries in the past.

Up­on re­ceiv­ing this news on Thurs­day, San­cho, a for­mer Min­is­ter of Sports un­der the Peo­ple's Part­ner­ship (PP) Gov­ern­ment, im­me­di­ate­ly stepped down as the club's man­ag­ing di­rec­tor be­lieves his team has been un­fair­ly vic­timised due to his po­lit­i­cal af­fil­i­a­tion. He vowed to have very lit­tle or no in­volve­ment in the op­er­a­tions of the club, say­ing, "If that is what would help the club, then so be it."

He told Guardian Me­dia Sports that a re­port from SPoRTT last week con­firmed that all clubs were com­pli­ant and in a po­si­tion to re­ceive monies yes­ter­day. "We were asked to sub­mit doc­u­men­ta­tion more than four or five times the amount as any oth­er team. We owe monies, yes, but we have had a meet­ing with the play­ers and have since been pay­ing them bit-by-bit.

We in­tend­ed to pay off the out­stand­ing debt to the play­ers with the gov­ern­ment sub­ven­tion and move for­ward."

San­cho said their debt es­ca­lat­ed fol­low­ing their suc­cess­es in the 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17 where tons of monies were spent on the do­mes­tic com­pe­ti­tions, and to com­pete in the CFU and CON­CA­CAF clubs tour­na­ments.
The club is al­so owed well over a mil­lion dol­lars in earn­ings from the pro league, which San­cho said, was used by the league to as­sist oth­er clubs fi­nan­cial­ly.

"As far as I know, we will not be tak­ing part in the pro league un­less the per­son who takes over from me, can gen­er­ate suf­fi­cient in­come to do so. And if they can, then I be­lieve the club will be bet­ter served, as it will not be the sub­ject of di­rect at­tacks by the gov­ern­ment, and in par­tic­u­lar, this min­is­ter," San­cho ex­plained.

Ac­cord­ing to the for­mer na­tion­al de­fend­er, "I am sure Cen­tral FC is not the on­ly club ex­pe­ri­enc­ing these trou­bles."

With gov­ern­ment's sub­ven­tion now in the hands of the clubs, the 2019 sea­son will go on as planned, said Sel­by Browne, chair­man of the T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion com­mit­tee formed to get the new pro league off and run­ning.

Browne, al­so pres­i­dent of the Vet­er­an Foot­ball Foun­da­tion of T&T (VFFTT), said two clubs did not re­ceive monies yes­ter­day, with Point Fortin Civic, be­ing the oth­er. How­ev­er, he made it clear both will have to sort their is­sues out first be­fore they can play.

"The agree­ment has been signed by the pro league. One of the con­di­tions was that the T&TFC will pro­vide the nec­es­sary fund­ing to pay the salaries of all clubs, to re­store the con­fi­dence, to have trans­paren­cy and ac­count­abil­i­ty. Two clubs did not re­ceive their cheques to­day, how­ev­er, most of the clubs have agreed to pro­ceed and we will have to go back to the T&TFA Board to get a sign-off, to have funds re­leased next week."

He not­ed, "We know that the De­fence Force and the Po­lice did not re­ceive cheques from gov­ern­ment, but there are two oth­er clubs, one that hasn't paid salaries and that must be ad­dressed first be­fore they re­ceive any fund­ing. And in the oth­er case, it's a mi­nor mat­ter that needs to be ad­dressed."

He as­sured these is­sues will not af­fect the Oc­to­ber 4 start of the league.

There seems something drastically wrong (and emblematic) that the most decorated club in Trinidad and Tobago, at regional level in recent time, is faced with scoring an own goal against the run of play. I feel we should call for VAR on this one ... all things being supposedly equal.

P.S. One million in "earnings" is ah euphemism for prize money!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 02:41:27 AM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>