April 29, 2024, 10:44:38 AM

Author Topic: Women Olympic Football  (Read 38577 times)

giggsy11

Re: Women Olympic Football
« Reply #180 on: August 06, 2012, 03:17:28 PM »
USA playing nasty, Stueps, this is what men does support?

I would have keep playing when the US chick was dwon in the box! Walk that ball in the goal!

Nah Giggs...Sportsmanship is ah big part of the game

I agree, but ah would have taken a pass since US aint put it out when they had the ball, plus dey keep leavin dey foot in after ball gone. Let the ref blow the whistle!

giggsy11

« Reply #181 on: August 06, 2012, 03:18:40 PM »
Ref should be shot wit shite!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 06, 2012, 03:19:36 PM »
Canada could hold dey head high while the USA and de ref celebrate dey win. Steups
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 06, 2012, 03:21:57 PM »
Ref was seen after the game accepting a signed copy of the soon to be released Hope Solo book....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

AirMan

« Reply #184 on: August 06, 2012, 03:33:40 PM »
Boy what ah game...BIG goal at the end...the US quest for the Gold medal continue  :D

next is US vs Japan in the  final
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 03:39:25 PM by AirMan »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 06, 2012, 03:34:11 PM »
It have men on here running arong in they lair with they superman jockey shorts, batman cape and turning green.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

AirMan

« Reply #186 on: August 06, 2012, 03:40:39 PM »
It have men on here running arong in they lair with they superman jockey shorts, batman cape and turning green.

;D I bet dey will you show the middle finger and tell u dey team win..and ask u where is your team?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 06, 2012, 03:59:12 PM »
I haven't researched it yet but it is quite possible the referee applied the letter of the law on the 6-second rule with the 'keeper.  I don't recall ever seeing it enforced before but it is what it is.  In the context of how the game is called in spite of that rule and given how much shit she was letting go during the game, I find it rel jacked up she would pick one arbitrary infraction to (possibly) apply a letter-of-the-law standard.  Dem gyul was straight up assaulting one another out dey and she was lettin' shit go.  The penalty call was straight f**kin' robbery. nutting else.   
  Canada paid the price for not having a player on the post for that corner that scored and the 'keeper paid the price on that last goal for being a little too far off her line (for MY liking).  Hard luck dey Canada, dey put up a helluva fight, way more than I was expecting, dem gyul played their asses orff.  In the end, it hard to fight against 11 men AND tree referee, too.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 06, 2012, 04:26:47 PM »
f**k usa
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 06, 2012, 07:14:14 PM »
I haven't researched it yet but it is quite possible the referee applied the letter of the law on the 6-second rule with the 'keeper.  I don't recall ever seeing it enforced before but it is what it is.  In the context of how the game is called in spite of that rule and given how much shit she was letting go during the game, I find it rel jacked up she would pick one arbitrary infraction to (possibly) apply a letter-of-the-law standard.  Dem gyul was straight up assaulting one another out dey and she was lettin' shit go.  The penalty call was straight f**kin' robbery. nutting else.   
  Canada paid the price for not having a player on the post for that corner that scored and the 'keeper paid the price on that last goal for being a little too far off her line (for MY liking).  Hard luck dey Canada, dey put up a helluva fight, way more than I was expecting, dem gyul played their asses orff.  In the end, it hard to fight against 11 men AND tree referee, too.

Breds I ridin on that conspiracy train too oui...usa soccer either give da ref ah big big house in norway or have she family tie up in ah basement somewhey.....too much ah obvious fackin bad call for one game pass dey

plus da lil blonde chick who was supposed to be on the first post named sesselman...she born and grow in wisconsin, ah trowin dat  one in de conspiracy blender too
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 06, 2012, 07:41:08 PM »
Canada was the better team. They had some nice lil passing in their game with some occasional long ball. The ref was shit, and in my opinion gave the U.S that win.

giggsy11

« Reply #191 on: August 06, 2012, 08:26:55 PM »
I have seen refs give warnings and then give a yellow if they feel the goalie wasting time. The free kick was harsh and extreme IMO! Are their different rules for the women's game? It seems like that ref was just itching tuh call something that would give US a chance tuh score.

I would love to see how long Solo held the ball, cause it didn't seem that she was in a hurry tuh get rid of the ball also.

Read that allegedly the Britsh commentators said that Waumbach was standing next to the ref counting the seconds as the Canadian goalie was holding the ball. Dise why I would have walked the ball into the next when they had dey player down in the box.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 08:38:22 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 06, 2012, 08:43:45 PM »

;D I bet dey will you show the middle finger and tell u dey team win..and ask u where is your team?

Well they will have to take they middle finger out each other arse first, to show it to me.

My team in Trinidad on the beach under ah coconut tree drinking rum.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 06, 2012, 08:47:16 PM »

She should have been on the line especially with the cross cominig in. If she was on her line easy catch.

truetrini

« Reply #194 on: August 06, 2012, 10:12:47 PM »
Class is permanent, form temporary.

Class =  USA

Form =  Canada

Class 4
Form 3

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 06, 2012, 10:14:03 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3il8iWAf7qY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3il8iWAf7qY</a>

truetrini

« Reply #196 on: August 06, 2012, 10:16:27 PM »
Poor Canada, they really deserved better today.  WHat is worse is that they will be beaten for the bronze medal.

To play so hard and so well for nutten eh easy

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 06, 2012, 10:40:15 PM »
I haven't researched it yet but it is quite possible the referee applied the letter of the law on the 6-second rule with the 'keeper.  I don't recall ever seeing it enforced before but it is what it is.  In the context of how the game is called in spite of that rule and given how much shit she was letting go during the game, I find it rel jacked up she would pick one arbitrary infraction to (possibly) apply a letter-of-the-law standard.  Dem gyul was straight up assaulting one another out dey and she was lettin' shit go. The penalty call was straight f**kin' robbery. nutting else.      Canada paid the price for not having a player on the post for that corner that scored and the 'keeper paid the price on that last goal for being a little too far off her line (for MY liking).  Hard luck dey Canada, dey put up a helluva fight, way more than I was expecting, dem gyul played their asses orff.  In the end, it hard to fight against 11 men AND tree referee, too.

So when de ball frankomeh hit de player hand in de penalty area, de ref must let dat go because de team de player who hands de ball playin for "deserve to win"?

Allyuh cyah be serious

Dey teach yuh from in primary school football...when yuh defendin a free kick while yuh in de penalty area or corner...DO NOT JUMP AND PUT UP YUH HAND.  Yuh know why?  Because if de ball hit yuh hand...is a PENALTY.

So de ref must ignore de rule to suit canada?

If yuh want to say Canada play better and deserve to win on that basis fine.  But doh lie and say de penalty was robbery.  It was a penalty at any level of the game.

And when minutes later, de blonde Canadian defender frankomeh trip de US forward in de area and de ref let it go, yuh never bawl bout robbery from de ref den tho.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

truetrini

« Reply #198 on: August 06, 2012, 10:41:43 PM »
yeah Canada get away with ah straight foul on a yankee player dey.

I have seen plays like de penalty waved away though...but then again, is two players hands the ball hit eh.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:54:59 PM by truetrini SC »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 06, 2012, 11:21:34 PM »
So when de ball frankomeh hit de player hand in de penalty area, de ref must let dat go because de team de player who hands de ball playin for "deserve to win"?

Allyuh cyah be serious

Dey teach yuh from in primary school football...when yuh defendin a free kick while yuh in de penalty area or corner...DO NOT JUMP AND PUT UP YUH HAND.  Yuh know why?  Because if de ball hit yuh hand...is a PENALTY.

If yuh want to say Canada play better and deserve to win on that basis fine.  But doh lie and say de penalty was robbery.  It was a penalty at any level of the game.

And when minutes later, de blonde Canadian defender frankomeh trip de US forward in de area and de ref let it go, yuh never bawl bout robbery from de ref den tho.

Another one talking ah pack ah ass... "francomen" hit what hand?  The ball deflected off her team mate's elbow unto her hand.  Secondly she never "put up her hand" she bent her forearm against her chest to protect herself... hand was never away from her body... never "deliberately" handled the ball AS THE RULE REQUIRES.

How come the ref watch the ball "francomen" hit Megan Rapinoe on the arm in the US box and didn't award Canada a penalty in the first half?  And yes, she saw it... she was looking right at it and wave play on.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2012, 02:57:04 AM »
I haven't researched it yet but it is quite possible the referee applied the letter of the law on the 6-second rule with the 'keeper.  I don't recall ever seeing it enforced before but it is what it is.  In the context of how the game is called in spite of that rule and given how much shit she was letting go during the game, I find it rel jacked up she would pick one arbitrary infraction to (possibly) apply a letter-of-the-law standard.  Dem gyul was straight up assaulting one another out dey and she was lettin' shit go. The penalty call was straight f**kin' robbery. nutting else.      Canada paid the price for not having a player on the post for that corner that scored and the 'keeper paid the price on that last goal for being a little too far off her line (for MY liking).  Hard luck dey Canada, dey put up a helluva fight, way more than I was expecting, dem gyul played their asses orff.  In the end, it hard to fight against 11 men AND tree referee, too.

Allyuh cyah be serious

Look, Palos, doh geh meh started here dis early friggin' mawnin' nuh!  You know dis game well enough and long enough to know the difference between "hand-to-ball, and "ball-to-hand".   At least, yuh supposed to know.  I  didn't see the play but I damned sure saw the replay when rapinoe had the same "francomen" hand ball right in front de MC referee and she didn't call it.   Ent YOU SELF was one of the same friggin' men was callin' fuh referee head when van persie get a second yellow fuh kickin' 'way de ball after he take at least 3 steps after the whistle?!  So how yuh doh find it strange dat the referee jes decide to turn de ball over to de usa wit a free-kick for what has become standard football practice "at any level of the game".  You eh read my post and understand what I say ah wha?  D damned referee was lettin' ALL kinda play go in this game.  The americans get away with murder in the first half and BOTH TEAMS was gettin' way with murder in the second half so if Canada get away with a call in de box, it is likely to be one they (or the usa) was gettin' away with at any part of the field, as per how the game was being called.  But to jes' arbitrarily pull that free-kick outta thin air for the most minor and broadly accepted of offences is pure MC  :bs: Palos and if you cyah see dat, den you still stuck in primary school football.
  Players/teams does be goin' on wit ALL kinda time-wasting from de time dey team in a position dat favour dem.....from de GK's fallin' on de ball to men fakin' injury to wastin' time on throw-ins, etc., etc., etc., and the MOST you will see a referee do is to (when they DO decide to do something).....give a player a yellow card (like van persie got) as well as try to add on whatever time they feel actually IS being wasted.  Wey DF this referee come pullin' free-kick out she ass from?  At the very least and de very nicest, dat was the most inconsistent piece ah bullshit refereeing to go down in a very long time!!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 07, 2012, 02:59:36 AM »

I have seen plays like de penalty waved away though...but then again, is two players hands the ball hit eh.

Yuh said it perfectly dey...de ball hit both ah dem hand.  Dey hand didn't hit de ball.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 07, 2012, 03:27:17 AM »

Breds I ridin on that conspiracy train too oui...usa soccer either give da ref ah big big house in norway or have she family tie up in ah basement somewhey.....too much ah obvious fackin bad call for one game pass dey

plus da lil blonde chick who was supposed to be on the first post named sesselman...she born and grow in wisconsin, ah trowin dat  one in de conspiracy blender too

:laugh:  A "ninja"....dem blender could make fig punch outta solid steel!  :laugh:

I have seen refs give warnings and then give a yellow if they feel the goalie wasting time. The free kick was harsh and extreme IMO! Are their different rules for the women's game? It seems like that ref was just itching tuh call something that would give US a chance tuh score.

I would love to see how long Solo held the ball, cause it didn't seem that she was in a hurry tuh get rid of the ball also.

Read that allegedly the Britsh commentators said that Waumbach was standing next to the ref counting the seconds as the Canadian goalie was holding the ball. Dise why I would have walked the ball into the next when they had dey player down in the box.

time-wasting, like diving, has become a sore part of the game now......if a team score first in de f**kin' FIFTH minute yuh does see dem franco men and stupidly wastin' time from early, every chance dey get.  Yet, in these Olympic games, yuh seein' referees givin' shit like only ONE minute of "Time Added On"  when, even without any extra stoppages, the standard is at least TWO.

Americans (commentators) does be quick to say "you don't want to see the referee "decide" the outcome of  the game"....dey (Kate Graf-whatever she name is) dam sure said it when France got awarded the penalty yesterday.... 

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 07, 2012, 06:22:43 AM »
True Trini- I love therefore I am. The Ref will now apply for her green card. Given the situation and the time of the match, that free kick was not necessary. A warning was sufficient.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 07, 2012, 09:03:46 AM »
True Trini- I love therefore I am. The Ref will now apply for her green card. Given the situation and the time of the match, that free kick was not necessary. A warning was sufficient.

A warning was more than "sufficient"... rules state that the ref must first warn the goalkeeper and only if the keeper persists with delaying tactics, to award an indirect freekick.  Sports Illustrated's Grant Wahl claimed on Twitter that McLeod was warned... but McLeod said that it was the ass't ref who 'warned' her at halftime to speed up her play.  Kicker is that she ketch the ball, got up on her feet in 3-4 seconds (which is when the clock started), and released the ball at around 8-9 seconds.  So she was penalized for holding onto the ball 2-3 seconds longer than the rules allowed.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 07, 2012, 09:44:27 AM »
what I didn't like about the  game yesterday and it's an obvious tactic with the US women is that coming down to the end of close games they always try to take players out with some dubious tackling

truetrini

« Reply #206 on: August 07, 2012, 10:09:24 AM »

Yuh said it perfectly dey...de ball hit both ah dem hand.  Dey hand didn't hit de ball.

Most times though, unless is a deliberate Maradona hand of God or a Henry leh me tief yuh hands, the ball does hit the hand, it depends on if the hands are in a "natural" position..not so?

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 07, 2012, 11:36:35 AM »

A warning was more than "sufficient"... rules state that the ref must first warn the goalkeeper and only if the keeper persists with delaying tactics, to award an indirect freekick.  Sports Illustrated's Grant Wahl claimed on Twitter that McLeod was warned... but McLeod said that it was the ass't ref who 'warned' her at halftime to speed up her play.  Kicker is that she ketch the ball, got up on her feet in 3-4 seconds (which is when the clock started), and released the ball at around 8-9 seconds.  So she was penalized for holding onto the ball 2-3 seconds longer than the rules allowed.

I can equate this  to ah ref making a traveling call in an NBA finals game. Players do it all the time, but the ref eh go call it unless it blatant. Sometimes commonsense have to take presidence over the "letter" of the law. Trust meh if dem 2 bad calls went against the US, all now Canada woulda been the 51st state.....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 07, 2012, 12:39:14 PM »
yuh see how football is de great uniter

look bakes and mango chow agree on someting :devil:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 07, 2012, 12:45:39 PM »
Ah wonder if the ref sneaking Abby room anytime soon

1]; } ?>