April 18, 2024, 06:56:10 AM

Author Topic: London Olympics Men and Women's 4x100m and 4x400m Relay Thread!  (Read 71163 times)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
This thread is all about maximising our realy team’s chances of medalling and also keeping an eye on our main competition in the relays so we are not caught by surprise.

Here is some news on what the USA 4x100m squad has been aiming at regards their relay preparations.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20120724/sports/sports4.html

USA targets JA's 4x100m world record
Published: Tuesday | July 24, 2012
André Lowe, Senior Staff Reporter

BIRMINGHAM, England:

American 4x100m lead-off runner, Trell Kimmons, believes his team is ready to challenge Jamaica's recent dominance of the event and is certain that they have the ability within their ranks to become the first team that runs under 37 seconds.

The United States (US) have been the dominant force in international sprint relays, winning 15 of the 22 men's 4x100m finals contested at the Olympic Games, while Jamaica's only gold medal came four years ago in Beijing.

However, after lowering the world record to 37.10 in Beijing with a team of Nesta Carter, Michael Frater, Usain Bolt and Asafa Powell, the Jamaican's went on to win a year later at the 2009 IAAF World Championships in Athletics in Berlin, before smashing their own record at last year's World Championships in Daegu, South Korea, with a 37.04 clocking.

That team, which comprised all members of the 2008 team except Asafa Powell, who was replaced by Yohan Blake, enter the Olympic Games as huge favourites for the gold medal and in fact a new world record.

Kimmons, however, thinks differently and believes it's the Americans who will cross the line first in London in sub-37 seconds.

"37.04 is definitely beatable, I think we (USA) can go as fast as 36.9," Kimmons told The Gleaner yesterday from his team's training base at Alexander University.

The Americans have done themselves no favour in recent times.

Zone violation

Darvis Patton collided with British athlete Aikines-Aryeetey in the final in Daegu and was unable to get the baton to anchorman Walter Dix and in 2008 he could not get the stick to Tyson Gay at the Beijing Olympics. An exchange zone violation at the 2009 Berlin World Champion-ships makes it four years and three major championships since the Americans last completed a men's 4x100m final.

"We have been working really hard, there is still quite a few work to be done with the guys on the relay and once we sort that out I think we can take a shot at that world record," said Kimmons.

"We just need to communicate some more. Of course, some stuff happened in the past, but we have to make it right when it matters," Kimmons added.

"Things are going real good, everything is good and everyone is in good shape. I am the driver for the relay team and as the lead-off man, your team has to be confident in your start and your composure. The team believes in me and I'm ready to go and give the team the best possible start in London," said Kimmons.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 08:02:44 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TT sprinters focus on relays
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 08:07:31 PM »
http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,163745.html

TT sprinters focus on relays
Monday, July 23 2012

TRINIDAD and Tobago sprinters focussed on baton passing yesterday, particularly the men and women 4x100-metres relay teams, during their pre- Olympic camp at the Wales Track and Field Stadium.

Dexter Voisin, manager of the TT athletic team for the London Olympic Games, made this disclosure during a brief interview yesterday from the team’s base at the Vale Resort in Hensol, Wales.

“Kelly Ann (Baptiste), Richard (Thompson) and (Keston) Bledman joined the camp,” said Voisin. “Both relay teams, the 4x100m women and men, worked (yesterday) afternoon and did their first session of baton passing.”

The Stadium is located 15 minutes away from the Vale Resort.

Asked if the athletes, particularly Baptiste and Bledman, were suffering with jet lag after arriving on the camp yesterday morning, Voisin stressed, “they weren’t jet-lagged.

Everybody came just within an hour (on their) flight.

“Kelly Ann and Bledman came from Amsterdam (in Netherlands) which is just an hour (from Wales). So there was no jet lag.

Voisin continued, “the session went well and, as the manager of the team, (I’ll say) the coaches were pleased with the session (yesterday) afternoon.”

Concerning today’s plans, Voisin said, “we leave the camp on Wednesday so we have two days down here at the Wales training camp.

“(Today) they go back to their individual programmes and on Tuesday we have baton passing practice again,” he ended.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Serrette expects relay success
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 08:09:46 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Serrette_expects_relay_success-163262916.html

Serrette expects relay success
By Kwame Laurence kwame.laurence@trinidadexpress.com
Story Created: Jul 20, 2012 at 11:59 PM ECT

National Association of Athletics Administrations (NAAA) president, Ephraim Serrette is anticipating relay success at the July 27-August 12 Olympic Games, in London, England.

Trinidad and Tobago will field teams in the men's 4x100 metres, women's 4x100m and men's 4x400m events.

Serrette told the Express he does not like making predictions, but is confident all three relay teams will do well. The former sprinter is particularly excited about T&T's 4x4 prospects.

"The men's 4x4, from my knowledge, I think they have a better chance than the other relays."

At last month's National Championships, Renny Quow, Lalonde Gordon, Jarrin Solomon and Deon Lendore combined for a new national record, the T&T quartet stopping the clock at three minutes, 00.45 seconds. Gordon and Solomon subsequently improved their personal best clockings in the individual 400m. Gordon produced a 45.02 seconds run in Nebraska, USA, while Solomon clocked 45.31 in Bottrop, Germany.

"With the recent performances of the quarter-milers, we should do well."

Serrette said Keston Bledman's injury is not serious, and that he expects the national sprint champion to be a serious contender for a men's 100m medal at the London Games. The NAAA president is also anticipating success for Kelly-Ann Baptiste in the women's 100m.

Serrette said javelin thrower Keshorn Walcott's participation at the Games is a significant development for T&T track and field. Last week, in Barcelona, Spain, Walcott captured the world junior title.

"As a junior athlete, making the final 12 at the Olympics would be a major achievement. It would open doors for other athletes in an event we're not traditionally strong in. It's not just about sprinting. We've been having the Multi-event Championships to expose athletes to all the events."

T&T will be represented by 30 athletes at the London Games, including 25 in track and field. Serrette said this is due in part to the development work being done by the NAAA.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: London Olympics Men and Women's 4x100m and 4x400m Relay Thread!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »
Aviator posted this in the T&T Realitic Finals and Medal Chances thread....

BUMP AGAIN!!!....LOL

I want to bring back attention to our male 4x1 team. They represent the country's best and most likely chance of bringing back a medal in T&F. Out of all the teams/individuals entered, they are the only ones that do not have more that 2 teams/individuals ranked ahead of them.

Anyways with all that said, I think we should shake up the apple cart a little. I know Richard has been anchoring for the past few years, but until further notice, Bledman has clearly displaced him as #1 trini. Bledman has lead off a few times, but has never been able to make any real dent in any of our major opponents(USA, JAM) on that first leg and if I recall correctly has given up distance. Curve running is not his thing and its about time those in charge of the relay recognize that. Richard IMO is the best starter/turn runner that we have and I believe he should lead off. Nesta Carter and Trell Kimmons will not do to RT what they did to Bledman last year. However Bledman should comfortably match anything RT has ever done on anchor leg.

So I propose: Richard-Burns-Callendar-Bledman. Let Sorrillio pop off in the heat, so he will get a medal

With clean hand-offs that squad is definitely capable of going sub-37.50, which put us in silver medal territory.

Discuss!!

And I posted the related reply below....
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 08:19:44 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 08:18:53 PM »
You don't think it is a little late to do that. Or maybe that idea maybe the secret weapon thay will unleash to the WORLD. ;D

Nah not to late. Any comprehensive relay training session involves both giving and receiving the baton. No to mention 3/4 of the final four re only running the 100m, so the will have a good 4-5 days to practice. In addition changing the 1st or last leg is not too complicated, because it only involves one exchange. So it should not be too hard for Bledos and RIP to switch roles.
Good idea!

I think our 4x100m relay team should do practice runs with Bledman leading off and RT anchoring and then alternative practice runs with RT leading off and Bledman anchoring and we can work out which version persistently gives our team the quicker relay times with each runner also being timed for their individual legs. Target time being 37.50 or less once we execute smooth clean baton changes.

PS:
It will also be a good exercise to help sharpen up our women 4x100m relay team if they run against our men's 4x100m relay team with a 5 second gap lead off!!
For the women to beat the men they would probably have to run a sub 42s time and for the men to beat the women they would probably have to run sub 37.50 or less!

Btw Sorrillo did a decent job on first leg at the recent Grand Prix in London with a 0.126 recation time, see video. Very nice run by the guys and clean exchanges with RT saying afterwards that our exchanges can be improved.

Trinidad & Tobago wins Men's 4x100m Relay - LondonSDL2012
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6FltrEu1juU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6FltrEu1juU</a>
Results:
1 TRINIDAD & TOBAGO TRI 38.23 0.126 (Sorrillo->Burns->Callender->Thompson)
2 NETHERLANDS NED 38.70 0.146
3 POLAND POL 38.78 0.152
4 GREAT BRITAIN & NI A GBR 38.80 0.153
5 MVP TRACK CLUB JAM 38.82 0.156
6 GREAT BRITAIN & NI B GBR 38.94 0.173
7 FRANCE (with LeMaitre) FRA 38.95 0.217
8 ST KITTS AND NEVIS SKN 39.19 0.171

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 08:21:31 PM »
Please continue the Relay discussions in regards to our team and their competitors in this thread thanks!!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:55:53 AM by Socapro »

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 05:22:16 AM »
I think that's a very good idea in terms of the formation, switch them around in practice and see how it goes and as Aviator rightly pointed out Richard is our best curve/starter followed by Rondel. SO Rondel in the prelim and Richard in the final. However I must point out that Keston is our best starter out of the blocks in the open 100 but his slight weakness on the curve means he gives up ground against the Jamaicans/Americans but we'll see.

I like that idea of our women running against our men that would be great practice.

Here is a vid of our 4x100 relay teams in practice in Cardiff:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ojRVBjUO6Pk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ojRVBjUO6Pk</a>
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 11:36:51 AM by Socapro »

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 05:58:18 AM »
Bumping this one to the top! I'm really hoping our teams can come together get some great exchanges and medal! The men have shown that they are the third best team after Jamaica and the USA and once they get the baton passing right they can be a real threat for silver all they have to do is get it right on the day which I believe they can do.

The women are a nerve wrecker for me- they hold vast potential and going on raw speed are the 3rd fastest team on paper (10.86, 11.10, 11.19, 11.21) but somehow the Ukraine and Germany are an ever present threat. Their passing skills are superior to ours but if we can get it right they stand no chance... The thing is where the other teams lack speed they make up for in swift passing. Hence they get a lot of practice together and work on perfecting passing.
Judging by the vid although they said they haven't been told the order it seems like a potential line up may be KS->SH->MLA->KAB. It could change but in that format we'll be competing for bronze. If Semoy is running against Felix/SAFP she can't keep up with them but should be able to hold off the Ukraine and KAB won't give up ground against the Ukraine like MLA did last year.... KS->KAB->MLA->SH may have a better time with a bronze medal- SH can hold off the Ukraine girl- MLA has had experience running the curve this year and has a new pb in the 200 which says she can do a decent job. Apparently VCB will be running the curve and I know she will blow everyone away and Jeneba Tarmoh looks strong on 3rd also(potential mess up for US). So it's up to MLA to keep us competitive on that 3rd leg. All this of course if we make the final.

Target time: 42.20(or whatever it takes to get that medal even if we have to go sub 42)

Analysis Over
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 06:08:47 AM by Trini1 »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 10:34:50 AM »
Bumping this one to the top! I'm really hoping our teams can come together get some great exchanges and medal! The men have shown that they are the third best team after Jamaica and the USA and once they get the baton passing right they can be a real threat for silver all they have to do is get it right on the day which I believe they can do.

The women are a nerve wrecker for me- they hold vast potential and going on raw speed are the 3rd fastest team on paper (10.86, 11.10, 11.19, 11.21) but somehow the Ukraine and Germany are an ever present threat. Their passing skills are superior to ours but if we can get it right they stand no chance... The thing is where the other teams lack speed they make up for in swift passing. Hence they get a lot of practice together and work on perfecting passing.
Judging by the vid although they said they haven't been told the order it seems like a potential line up may be KS->SH->MLA->KAB. It could change but in that format we'll be competing for bronze. If Semoy is running against Felix/SAFP she can't keep up with them but should be able to hold off the Ukraine and KAB won't give up ground against the Ukraine like MLA did last year.... KS->KAB->MLA->SH may have a better time with a bronze medal- SH can hold off the Ukraine girl- MLA has had experience running the curve this year and has a new pb in the 200 which says she can do a decent job. Apparently VCB will be running the curve and I know she will blow everyone away and Jeneba Tarmoh looks strong on 3rd also(potential mess up for US). So it's up to MLA to keep us competitive on that 3rd leg. All this of course if we make the final.

Target time: 42.20(or whatever it takes to get that medal even if we have to go sub 42)

Analysis Over
Good analysis!  :beermug:

Provided both our 4x100m relay teams make it to the final God willing, our men should be aiming to run sub 37 in the final and our women should be aiming to go sub 42 with is quite possible with the right line-up and clean efficient baton passing!

With those times we should be guaranteed medals, it will be just a matter of which colour!

Btw many thanks for posting the video of our 4x100 relay teams in practice at Cardiff Camp.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 10:39:06 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 08:39:34 AM »
We have a fifth man in Machel Cedenio with a PR of 46.02, who would have run the semis to rest one of the other guys (Quow, Lendore or Lalonde), but as it stands the remaining 4 will have to run their liver string out to make the final, and if in the final, to medal. Their PBs all from this year are Gordon (44.52), Lendore (45.13), Solomon (45.31), and Cedenio (46.02).

In ONE race it is plausible for Cedenio to lead off in 46 or 45 high, Lendore and Solomon to split mid to high 44s, and Gordon to anchor in 44 flat or 43 high. On paper with clean exchanges, that can give us a 2:58 high to 2:59.

To do that twice is now a very tall order without Quow, and even a 2:59 is not assured a medal, even with a weakened US team (no Merritt).

There's the Bahamas sure to come out for redemption after not medalling with 3/2 guys in the semis/final, the US, The Belgians with the Borlee twins, Dominican Republic with Santos and Sanchez, UK, Russia, Poland, Kenya, and even Cuba and Venezuela - all capable of running right at 3:00 or under.

Maybe lightning will try twice for us and Lendore, Solomon or Cedenio would run above their form, as Gordon did.
In the 4x400m relay if you want to create you best possible chance of medalling then you need to establish a lead over your opponents from early in the race which means you need at least one of your two fastest runners on the opening two legs.
You then hope that the other two runners on legs 3 and 4 can run their skins off (PB's) to hold on to the lead you have established on your opponents. So we need Lalonde on either leg one or leg two and I would definitely put Jehue on the squad.

This was the order of the 4x400m relay squad when we set a new national record in June this year:-
Renny Quow >> Lalonde Gordon >> Jarrin Solomon >> Deon Lendore.

I would suggest keeping a similar order as near as we possibly can with the healthy 400m runners we currently have!
So here are some suggested relay orders for us to make the final and possibly medal.

4x400m relay Heats:
Lalonde Gordon >> Machel Cedino >> Jarrin Solomon >> Deon Lendore

4x400m relay Final:
Lalonde Gordon >> Jehue Gordon >> Jarrin Solomon >> Deon Lendore

Alternatively if Machel Cedino really impresses and can hold his own with the seniors in the heats then we use him again instead of Jehue in the final.

Btw fellas, I've already created a special thread for the relays called London Olympics Men and Women's 4x100m and 4x400m Relay Thread! at this link: http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=57606.0 so please post your ideas for our relay squads performing at their best in that thread.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 02:29:44 PM »
Ok, so this is my vote for the 100m finals, not the 1st round:

KB -> MB -> EC -> RT
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 02:34:46 PM »

KB -> MB -> EC -> RT
Hopefully Bledman will be back to his best come the 4x100m relays as I don't think he was at his best during the 100m heats and semis that took place last week.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 02:56:18 PM »

KB -> MB -> EC -> RT

What about RS? I know Socapro feel he's run himself out this Olympics....it maybe a gamble?

Don't be surprised with clean exchanges, the damage that US trio of Gay, Bailey and Gatlin can do....who is their fourth?
WHo is Jamaica's final four?
whey boy!

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 02:58:58 PM »

Analysis Over

KAB gonna run her heart out for that medal and Semoy is a pleasant surprise, she maybe tired though running 5 days straight???
whey boy!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 03:09:01 PM »
So will the Jamaicans and the Americans. In fact they will be even more tired. As all the Jamaicans and the Americans were in the 100m final (with the exception of Sanya)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 12:43:38 AM »
We have a fifth man in Machel Cedenio with a PR of 46.02, who would have run the semis to rest one of the other guys (Quow, Lendore or Lalonde), but as it stands the remaining 4 will have to run their liver string out to make the final, and if in the final, to medal. Their PBs all from this year are Gordon (44.52), Lendore (45.13), Solomon (45.31), and Cedenio (46.02).

In ONE race it is plausible for Cedenio to lead off in 46 or 45 high, Lendore and Solomon to split mid to high 44s, and Gordon to anchor in 44 flat or 43 high. On paper with clean exchanges, that can give us a 2:58 high to 2:59.

To do that twice is now a very tall order without Quow, and even a 2:59 is not assured a medal, even with a weakened US team (no Merritt).

There's the Bahamas sure to come out for redemption after not medalling with 3/2 guys in the semis/final, the US, The Belgians with the Borlee twins, Dominican Republic with Santos and Sanchez, UK, Russia, Poland, Kenya, and even Cuba and Venezuela - all capable of running right at 3:00 or under.

Maybe lightning will try twice for us and Lendore, Solomon or Cedenio would run above their form, as Gordon did.
In the 4x400m relay if you want to create you best possible chance of medalling then you need to establish a lead over your opponents from early in the race which means you need at least one of your two fastest runners on the opening two legs.
You then hope that the other two runners on legs 3 and 4 can run their skins off (PB's) to hold on to the lead you have established on your opponents. So we need Lalonde on either leg one or leg two and I would definitely put Jehue on the squad.

This was the order of the 4x400m relay squad when we set a new national record in June this year:-

I would suggest keeping a similar order as near as we possibly can with the healthy 400m runners we currently have!
So here are some suggested relay orders for us to make the final and possibly medal.

4x400m relay Heats:

4x400m relay Final:

Alternatively if Machel Cedino really impresses and can hold his own with the seniors in the heats then we use him again instead of Jehue in the final.

Btw fellas, I've already created a special thread for the relays called London Olympics Men and Women's 4x100m and 4x400m Relay Thread! at this link: http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=57606.0 so please post your ideas for our relay squads performing at their best in that thread.

Pro,

I agree with you. But the other three can't even make a 45.5. The truth is they shouldn't even be in the final and if they do they won't have much impact. I do all kinda math and the best I could come up with is maybe 2:59. Had Quow been there a sub 2:58 would've been possible.

Unless everybody start bussing a PB.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 07:21:47 AM »
Congrats to the men's team on breaking the national record again 3:00.38 and making it to the finals.
We won our heat as GB slowed down and ran the same time as us.

Honestly, I don't think we have the horse power to beat the US, Bahamas or GB. The third leg Alleyn-Forte let us down badly. Solomon and Lendore did a fine job as 2nd and 4th legs respectively.
Everybody ran a sub 45 split with the exception of Forte who ran a 46.12.
I am wondering if Jehue Gordon can replace him.

I think we have fourth place on lock down so it's just a matter of bad mind to break the 3 minute barrier and see what happens.

This is a helluva an accomplishment to break the NR twice this year. As these guys progress, Lord knows what they can do.

VB

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 07:24:16 AM »

Trinidad and Tobago tied with Great Britain in first place for the first heat - both registering 3:00.38.

Great Britain's Jack Green produced a storming finish to the third leg to give anchor runner Martyn Rooney a narrow lead.

Rooney held the lead until easing up just before the line, allowing Trinidad and Tobago to take first place, although both teams were given the same time and qualify automatically for the final.

The Bahamas and the USA were also given the same time - 2:58.87 - in the second semi-final, to qualify quickest.

Those four nations will be joined by Cuba and Russia in Friday's final after they also hit qualification times in the heats.

Any faint hopes of Usain Bolt appearing in the 4 x 400m Relay final were ended when Jamaican team-mate Jermaine Gonzales pulled up injured on the third leg.

However, there will be a chance for the South Africa team featuring Oscar Pistorius, after they were given a place in the final on appeal.

Pistorius was due to run the third leg in this morning's heats but did not even get his hands on the baton after team-mate Ofentse Mogawane collided with Kenya's Vincent Mumu Kiilu around the top bend on the second leg.

Both athletes were sent sprawling to the track and although Kiilu was able to resume running, Mogawane suffered a suspected dislocated shoulder and could not carry on.

The Kenyan team were disqualified and South Africa lodged a successful appeal, which saw them added to tomorrow's final in lane nine. LJ van Zyl will replace Mogawane in the quartet.

The decision has delighted Pistorius, who admits he is living a dream by competing on the Olympic Games stage.

He said: 'It's been absolutely phenomenal, just stepping out there again today on the track in front of a crowd like this has been awesome.

'This whole experience has just been mind-blowing for me, I can't describe it in so many words, I'll be speaking for days.'

Elsewhere, it took almost two hours to determine the 12 qualifiers for Saturday's final of the women's High Jump.

With 14 athletes still in contention when the bar was raised to the automatic qualification standard of 1.96m, discussions started between athletes and officials to determine if the additional height would be required to make the cut.

After careful study of the standings, all seven athletes without a failure decided to pass as they were guaranteed to be in the top 12, with three athletes with only one failure doing the same.

That left four women battling for two places and former world junior champion Svetlana Radzivil of Uzbekistan cleared 1.96m at the first attempt to book her place.

Germany's Ariane Friedrich and Greece's Adonia Steryiou had three failures at 1.96m, leaving Russia's Irina Gordeeva to advance courtesy of having just one failure against Friedrich's two at 1.93m.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 07:31:57 AM »

4x400m relay Heats:

4x400m relay Final:

Pro,

I agree with you. But the other three can't even make a 45.5. The truth is they shouldn't even be in the final and if they do they won't have much impact. I do all kinda math and the best I could come up with is maybe 2:59. Had Quow been there a sub 2:58 would've been possible.

VB

So has Quow been officially ruled out ? Not hearing any official confirmation yet....would be great to have him back in the mix.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 07:32:21 AM »
We can beat GB once we have a good 3rd leg run
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: London Olympics Men and Women's 4x100m and 4x400m Relay Thread!
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 07:33:19 AM »

4x400m relay Heats:

4x400m relay Final:

Pro,

VB

So has Quow been officially ruled out ? Not hearing any official confirmation yet....would be great to have him back in the mix.

Quow has left England to go US for treatment a few days ago
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 07:46:40 AM »
We can beat GB once we have a good 3rd leg run
Fully agree and if we can beat GB then the bronze is most likely ours!!

I know the stadium will be cheering on Team GB so we will need to make sure we hand over well ahead of GB on the 3rd leg!!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 07:48:36 AM »
The same squad that vb bad talking just run ah national record, lol........

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 07:50:21 AM »
The same squad that vb bad talking just run ah national record, lol........

ah love it!!

You are obviously confused.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 08:06:19 AM »
These are the splits:

GORDON L
INTERM.   MARK      RK     SPLIT   SPLIT RANK
400m           44.97      1     44.9               1

SOLOMON J
INTERM.   MARK          RK   SPLIT      SPLIT RANK
800m           1:29.77   1   44.8        3

ALLEYNE-FORTE A
INTERM.   MARK          RK   SPLIT       SPLIT RANK
1200m   2:15.89   3   46.12         6

LENDORE D
1600m   3:00.38   2   44.49         2

Pretty strong splits. Probably Alleyne-Forte to be replaced by Jehue. Lalonde will probably be able to give us more in the final as well. I hoping they can shave a little over a second off the NR in the final.

FYI for those of you who read into odds, most betting sites have us as 3rd favorites behind the USA and Bahamas and very close To Great Britain with about 12:1 odds - definitely viewed as a strong medal contender.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:08:43 AM by sinned »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 08:24:55 AM »
These are the splits:

GORDON L

SOLOMON J

ALLEYNE-FORTE A

LENDORE D

Pretty strong splits. Probably Alleyne-Forte to be replaced by Jehue. Lalonde will probably be able to give us more in the final as well. I hoping they can shave a little over a second off the NR in the final.

FYI for those of you who read into odds, most betting sites have us as 3rd favorites behind the USA and Bahamas and very close To Great Britain with about 12:1 odds - definitely viewed as a strong medal contender.
Do you feel that Jehue can do a better job than Cedenio on our 3rd leg knowing Cedenio's reputation for running down people in the last 100metres if he is not already ahead?

I am sort of leaning towards Cedenio for the 3rd leg now noting all his recent relay experience and provided that folks are confident he can run a 44 mid split like the other guys on the squad!
The question is can Cedenio run a 44 mid split or is Jehue the better candidate?

Imagine if Cedenio gets the nod and proves to the world on the 3rd leg that he could be the next Kirani James in a couple of years?!  That Cedenio is a bad-minded youth, I like him! ;)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:31:11 AM by Socapro »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 08:30:11 AM »
Cedenio can run no doubt, but who is the faster 400m runner.
Youtube Channel

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 08:31:46 AM »
That's a good debate to have. I may give a slight edge to Jehue based on experience but we don't quite know Cedenio's ceiling yet so it'll be interesting to see what they choose.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 08:32:41 AM »
Cedenio can run no doubt, but who is the faster 400m runner.
Maybe Jehue and Cedenio should have a showdown in training today to decide who gets the 3rd leg?!  :devil:

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 08:33:11 AM »
These are the splits:

GORDON L

SOLOMON J

ALLEYNE-FORTE A

LENDORE D

Do you feel that Jehue can do a better job than Cedenio on our 3rd leg knowing Cedenio's reputation for running down people in the last 100metres if he is not already ahead?

I am sort of lending towards Cedenio for the 3rd leg now noting all his recent relay experience and provided that folks are confident he can run a 44 mid split like the other guys on the squad!
The question is can Cedenio run a 44 mid split or is Jehue the better candidate?

Imagine if Cedenio gets the nod and proves to the world on the 3rd leg that he could be the next Kirani James in a couple of years?!  That Cedenio is a bad-minded youth, I like him! ;)

I agree Soca. I am pretty sure Cedenio ran a sub 46 split in the 4x400 this year.

Cedenio is right on the cusp of running mid to high 45s. He will do it if at the Olympics if he gets a chance...

Last, you heard it hear first. James, Santos and Cedenio will be the top contenders in the 400 in the years to come.

1]; } ?>