April 18, 2024, 03:31:14 PM

Author Topic: Breaking Bad thread  (Read 13682 times)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
Breaking Bad thread
« on: July 25, 2012, 08:01:56 PM »
Anybody vibesing the new season of Breaking Bad?

This is the 5th and final season, but it is split between 8 episodes first half and 8 more episodes second half, 16 to come in all.

First 2 episodes was good... Mike moving like ah dread badman.. I interested to see the direction they take the series now that Gus out the picture. Interestingly enough, the first 2 episodes seem to be focusing on specific characters and we not seeing much of the other characters that had their own storylines going like Saul, Hank wife, Walt family etc.  I guess they still setting the stage.

yeah, that opening scene from episode 2 was mad. from "franch" to the auto defibrilator. walt turn into a real creepy MF. skyler have some fight though - ah feel she have a few stunts to pull again. and mike making moves - all this talk about walking away and inexplicably he back in?!

but lydia - wda?! she seem like a marie antoinette - real unstable.

The season 4 finale show me that Walt is ah sick individual. If i didn't see it i wouldn't ah believe he went to them lengths, and he still toting Jesse on a string.

Mike hadda jump back in because he realize after the meeting that if his fellahs doh see their money, they will cave in and sell him out and then he going down.. That is what went on with Mr. Chow and the other fellah that got sent for him.

But Mike expressions (or lack thereof) does kill me. He doh cater, the scene in the interrogation room was epic.

Only thing i struggling with is this having to wait every week for an episode. I really preferred to watch out a season back to back on my own timing.

dinho, yuh have me thinking about this some more.

mike seem confident that none of the crew that lydia had in her note was going to roll to the police. but that scene in the diner with lydia show another angle - pulling a goodfellas on the whole crew (like what de niro did) to guarantee all loose ends done.

this seem to harken back to that talk he had with walt about taking the half measure instead of the full measure. in this case, lydia wanted the full measure and mike seemed content with waiting it out - a half measure. yeah, that scene with chow showed him he needed a new plan.

thing is, he know everyone on that list and he should be able to see them coming from a mile away. ah mean, he knew the scene with chow was a set up. ah doh see why he should be worried about the people identified by lydia - after all she valued his head at 30K and the others at 10K. like they does say, the wolf doh study de sheep (or something like that). that's the part i think is kind of weak.

ah mean, partnering with walt/jesse will get some money flowing, but the real threat is lydia. ah get the feeling mike cyah be matching funds with lydia, money eh go solve that friction.

what ah missing?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking Bad thread
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 06:49:10 AM »

This is the 5th and final season, but it is split between 8 episodes first half and 8 more episodes second half, 16 to come in all.

First 2 episodes was good... Mike moving like ah dread badman.. I interested to see the direction they take the series now that Gus out the picture. Interestingly enough, the first 2 episodes seem to be focusing on specific characters and we not seeing much of the other characters that had their own storylines going like Saul, Hank wife, Walt family etc.  I guess they still setting the stage.

yeah, that opening scene from episode 2 was mad. from "franch" to the auto defibrilator. walt turn into a real creepy MF. skyler have some fight though - ah feel she have a few stunts to pull again. and mike making moves - all this talk about walking away and inexplicably he back in?!

The season 4 finale show me that Walt is ah sick individual. If i didn't see it i wouldn't ah believe he went to them lengths, and he still toting Jesse on a string.

Mike hadda jump back in because he realize after the meeting that if his fellahs doh see their money, they will cave in and sell him out and then he going down.. That is what went on with Mr. Chow and the other fellah that got sent for him.

But Mike expressions (or lack thereof) does kill me. He doh cater, the scene in the interrogation room was epic.

Only thing i struggling with is this having to wait every week for an episode. I really preferred to watch out a season back to back on my own timing.

mike seem confident that none of the crew that lydia had in her note was going to roll to the police. but that scene in the diner with lydia show another angle - pulling a goodfellas on the whole crew (like what de niro did) to guarantee all loose ends done.

this seem to harken back to that talk he had with walt about taking the half measure instead of the full measure. in this case, lydia wanted the full measure and mike seemed content with waiting it out - a half measure. yeah, that scene with chow showed him he needed a new plan.

thing is, he know everyone on that list and he should be able to see them coming from a mile away. ah mean, he knew the scene with chow was a set up. ah doh see why he should be worried about the people identified by lydia - after all she valued his head at 30K and the others at 10K. like they does say, the wolf doh study de sheep (or something like that). that's the part i think is kind of weak.

ah mean, partnering with walt/jesse will get some money flowing, but the real threat is lydia. ah get the feeling mike cyah be matching funds with lydia, money eh go solve that friction.

what ah missing?

Nah hoss, yuh miss the point...

When Mike first met Lydia, he was confident that his guys were solid and wouldn't snitch. At that point he didn't realize how much info the police had.

Is only after he went in for his meeting, he realize that the Hank and the police had much more information than he thought. Remember when he was walking out the door and Hank call him back and tell him they find the offshore accounts and tie it back to names of relatives of the people in his crew.. And how the other men (unlike Mike) already touch the money in those accounts so they were going to freeze the accounts of the other men and bring them in one by one... and that one of them would sure point the finger at Mike when they realize their access to the money get lock off.. That was the moment Mike realize the thing serious.

I think that's why Mike going back in because if he could pay them fellas off on the side then they will keep quiet. At least that's my take.

Sidenote: Change this thread title to "Post a TV Series Thread" or something nuh because a whole thread for this one series ain't making sense... When men was talking all the Games of Thrones, True Blood and Spartacus talk in the movie thread no one was bitching, now all of a sudden man wanna turn moderator. Doh know why you even bother.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 07:47:38 AM by dinho »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 09:56:22 AM »
Sidenote: Change this thread title to "Post a TV Series Thread" or something nuh because a whole thread for this one series ain't making sense... When men was talking all the Games of Thrones, True Blood and Spartacus talk in the movie thread no one was bitching, now all of a sudden man wanna turn moderator. Doh know why you even bother.

Yuh eh see you's ah real c**t?  First off the comment wasn't intended to be all that serious, as far as anybody playing moderator.  Secondly 'Game of Thrones' has its own separate thread where all the conversations took place, and it was in keeping with that that the suggestion was made.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 08:35:36 PM »

what ah missing?

Nah hoss, yuh miss the point...

When Mike first met Lydia, he was confident that his guys were solid and wouldn't snitch. At that point he didn't realize how much info the police had.

Is only after he went in for his meeting, he realize that the Hank and the police had much more information than he thought. Remember when he was walking out the door and Hank call him back and tell him they find the offshore accounts and tie it back to names of relatives of the people in his crew.. And how the other men (unlike Mike) already touch the money in those accounts so they were going to freeze the accounts of the other men and bring them in one by one... and that one of them would sure point the finger at Mike when they realize their access to the money get lock off.. That was the moment Mike realize the thing serious.

I think that's why Mike going back in because if he could pay them fellas off on the side then they will keep quiet. At least that's my take.

yeah, yuh right, that money situation turn on de pressure for mike - all of them really. ah see that now.

here nuh, that money angle seem a little off if yuh ask me. so gus was acting as "bank" for mike? ah find it straining belief that mike would have $2 Million "in trust" with gus. gus is an Employer; him holding that money on mike would be real leverage. that remind me of vincent from the professional who couldn't read and had his boss, danny aiello, "keep" his money for him - but mike eh no mook. with the lawyer contacts mike has as a PI (saul for one), mike coulda set up his own nest egg away from gus. that would keep their relationship independent - basically what walt did. maybe that is a sign of how much faith mike had in gus?

so now hank have a list of people to watch. ah thought for sure chow's house would have dea camped outside. with mike's rep, he have to be the prime suspect when hank looking for chris and chow's killer. ah sure they will have a round 2 between those two. hank feeling strong. what happens when he finds out about walt? is job or family.

man is quite next year the second half of the season airing.  :banginghead:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 06:22:12 AM »
dinho bakes correct to be fair talk on dem series except for spartacus start in d movie thread but move out soon after....TWD, spartcus, GOT have dey own thread, youself does post in d spartacus thread, on top ah dat movies and TV series is two different beasts even with d incidental co-mingling of d two on d movie thread.

any ways back on topic goh dig into dis soon ah hearing good tings about it :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 06:28:17 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 01:36:06 PM »
I hearing good things about it too, but eh watch it yet so I can't contribute... yet.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 02:27:09 PM »
 :o :o :o :oI REAL fackin dunce oui

If dinho didnt post dat link...I woulda NEVER suspect walt had poison da lil boy.......even though they zoom in on the plant in walt backyard...I STILL eh clue in :laugh:

ah wonder what else I miss.....one of these years I go hadda re-watch de whole ting from season 1
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 07:42:20 AM »
dinho, yuh on point with de money. ah feel hank will lean on dennis some more and he go cave.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 01:23:55 PM »
pinkman need to throw a next party and invite lydia. talk about wound tight.

ah feel someone getting kill off in the next 4 episodes for a mid-season cliffhanger. skyler #1 on that list.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 12:27:22 PM »
ah remember how dem old old movie "criminal" types would plot a robbery and den recoil when anyone had to get hurt or kill. dey would say how dey cyah live with demselves. now is just sheer and utter ruthlessness.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 07:49:08 AM »
that was some episode. mike man ..... wow.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 07:58:07 AM »
in that one scene when mr went back to take out the bugs in the DEA office.. is it me or the one camera angle looked as if the office itself was being monitored by CC camera?

Walt on ah serious high with 'power' now.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 08:54:12 AM »
in that one scene when mr went back to take out the bugs in the DEA office.. is it me or the one camera angle looked as if the office itself was being monitored by CC camera?

yuh right. is like there is two of them - mr. walter white and heisenberg; and the latter taking over.

ah think hank in for a shock sooner or later. ah studying if hank or marie will be the first to figure out who walt is.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 09:52:31 AM »

Only just take in the episode last night.. All i have to say is WOW!!

Walt seriously gone clear and he looking to take Jesse down with him. Jesse definitely evolve as a person, but Walt devolve and becoming evil personified.

PS: Yeah i made that out with the camera angle, it definitely look like something was going on in Hank office.. In fact when the deputy walk in i thought is because he caught Walt on camera.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 07:23:34 AM »
about de camera angles - yuh notice at de beginning of de episode, when it was de distributor meeting with mike/jesse/walt, de camera angle was from de ground? ah thought that was a device - de criminals get a low angle while de lawmen get de high angle (like de surveillance camera). if dea know about de bug in de office dey woulda pull walt in already - dey eh subtle.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 09:28:10 AM »
nice way to close out the half-season. de whole thing go come tumbling down.

btw: that scene with de cash was boss.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:48:41 AM by ribbit »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 05:24:35 PM »
good series, ,my friend encouraged me to watch, so i did, finished season 5 mid season finale

there are plot holes but it is still a good series

i think walt's cancer is back, from the foreshadowing shown in the mid season finale, walt being on the run can be attributed to the intl connections and his new relationship with todd and his family going sour after hanging up the boots, i doubt hank will turn him in or pursue him, hank has shown his loyalty to family, especially with that kleptomaniac wife of his, i doubt he will risk destroying their family, also the fact that its his brother in law and he didn't know the entire time would ruin his career as a dea... so that gun scene at the beginning is alluding to walt protecting himself from his enemies.

plus i get the feeling skylar will be killed

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 03:43:41 PM »
good scene between walt and hank. i have a feeling hank will have to approach jesse - those two working together seem really unlikely given that beating hank dish out. the foreshadowing scene say cartel all over it.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 12:47:50 AM »
Heseinberg can't leave just so and go back to sitting at his pool sipping on cognac, the specialist will want her supply back to a high standard, i find that unlikely, the plot hole is one of the few that bothers me about the series

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 07:56:54 AM »
jesse right. walter white is the devil.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 01:09:27 PM »

nah, mr Hank is the devil and Jesse, both of them wouldn't have hesitated in killing WW, despite that he tried to save both of them and saved them before, but you must draw a line somewhere.

He drew the line, now it's time to seek his revenge and go out with a bang... Full support Heisenberg... :beermug:

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 02:12:50 PM »

nah, mr Hank is the devil and Jesse, both of them wouldn't have hesitated in killing WW, despite that he tried to save both of them and saved them before, but you must draw a line somewhere.

He drew the line, now it's time to seek his revenge and go out with a bang... Full support Heisenberg... :beermug:

why jack let ww go? no good deed goes unpunished.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2013, 04:02:00 PM »
Is it really as good as people rave on about? Couldn't get into it after they 'disintegrated' the body with the acid in the 2nd or 3rd episode.

Gyad!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2013, 07:10:27 AM »
Is it really as good as people rave on about? Couldn't get into it after they 'disintegrated' the body with the acid in the 2nd or 3rd episode.

Gyad!

yeah, it has some brutal scenes. fair point. but the writing is good.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2013, 10:42:31 PM »

i just rewatched episode 9. notice marie also told ww that "he is the devil" as an offhand remark.

so that's both jesse and marie. all those details they put in this show.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2013, 09:39:54 AM »
jesse will be the next heisenberg

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2013, 06:20:44 PM »
brilliant finale. that is how to end a tv series.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2014, 09:00:46 PM »
I was watching football on Univision and the phone ring, when i check the tv again, is because I seeing a spanish fella dressed like walter white. I was a lil confused, then I check the scene: Metastasis

'Breaking Bad' doesn't get lost in Spanish translation
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/06/03/breaking-bad-spanish-remake-metastasis/9633569/

Breaking Bad is going south of the border.

The Emmy-winning series about a cancer-stricken chemistry teacher who turns meth dealer, at first to provide for his family, has been remade nearly scene for scene in Spanish. The series, Metastasis, will premiere June 8 (10 ET/PT) on Univision, Unimas and Galavision (without English subtitles), and throughout Latin America. It will then air weeknights on Unimas, completing its run in three months, instead of six years on AMC, allowing Spanish-speaking viewers to binge more quickly, in a pattern common to telenovelas, a popular TV staple.

"They did all the 62 episodes we did, but made them much faster, on a smaller budget," says Bad creator Vince Gilligan, who had "zero" input in the adaptation but experienced a "slightly disorienting feeling of déjà vu" watching the first episode. "It simultaneously inspires me and makes me feel a little sheepish that we took as much money and shooting hours as we did."

Each episode was filmed in an average of two and a half days, compared to eight for the American version of the series. But there were minor tweaks to account for geography and cultural differences: Bad was shot in the flat, hot desert of Albuquerque,; Metastasis in colder, mountainous Bogota. In the new version, Walter Blanco (Diego Trujillo) and his former student Jose Rosas cook meth in an old school bus, because RVs are virtually non-existent in Colombia. Pest exterminators are uncommon, so the pair pose as demolition experts. And sleazy lawyer "Saul Bueno" hawks his services on a TV talk show rather than late-night telemarketing ads for legal services, which don't run there.

Trujillo, in an interview from Bogota, says he'd never seen the original series before preparing his audition but found it "fascinating" and says that while he "didn't want to get so influenced" by the original, "I couldn't stop watching." He previously starred in pan-Latin remakes of Desperate Housewives ("the adaptation was not well done") and Grey's Anatomy, which worked better because "it turned out more like a soap opera." But "it's a big challenge to do what somebody else has done so wonderfully. Very soon, you start to forget what you have seen and do your own person."

Angelica Guerra, senior VP at Sony Pictures Television, says Sony waited for the final season to be written before proceeding with its remake, and says the series' drug themes "didn't feel far away from the Latin American perspective to give it a shot. It completely respects the original version," she says. "If you have a genius script, why would you change it?"

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/K5_-IJaWpJo&amp;src_vid" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/K5_-IJaWpJo&amp;src_vid</a>
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:03:13 PM by Bitter »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2014, 08:55:21 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: took me long enough finally got to it, dis was a dread series :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2015, 04:53:35 PM »
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: took me long enough finally got to it, dis was a dread series :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

I was real late to de dance too but when I finally got around to watching it hear nah.......when the show finish I was like a fish out of water.  I couldn't think of anything else on TV I wanted to watch......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>