March 28, 2024, 03:11:49 AM

Author Topic: Her Excellency Ambassador Baptiste Cornelis  (Read 20016 times)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Her Excellency Ambassador Baptiste Cornelis
« on: July 27, 2012, 09:11:30 PM »
...interesting...lol..i stopped at 9mins ah cringing too much lol

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/R9EQqNZjPHI&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/R9EQqNZjPHI&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 09:13:30 PM by mukumsplau »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Her Excellency Ambassador Baptiste Cornelis
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 10:16:57 PM »
We was discussing this on Facebook earlier... I could only make it thru 3 minutes or so.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 04:15:31 AM »
My word!!!   :o :o :-[
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 06:01:54 AM »
This is amazing.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 06:17:56 AM »
one of many muppets in this gov't
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 03:56:33 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 09:29:42 AM »
made it up to the very intelligent parking buss joke on 17 minutes....ah reach mih threshold for the day...wat numbers allyuh clockin before hittin d 'x' on d browser?

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 09:30:57 AM »
They remove a career diplomat to put she there. We need career diplomats. This country is so clueless.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 10:38:51 AM »
What she talking about Drs. making mistakes? I eh cross that part. Fadda Lawd.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 10:55:51 AM »
I stopped even sooner.  WHAT THE f**k  YES f**k was that/  My goodness...phew..if that is a keynote speech and if she was realll a lecturer there is little doubt in my mind what is behind the ignorance in our society today!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 11:57:34 AM »
The Prime Minister is responsible for this. She even glibly revealed how she was appointed to that position. Kamla is either oblivious to the fact that this woman is insane or she actively rewarded it.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 12:01:48 PM »
The Prime Minister is responsible for this. She even glibly revealed how she was appointed to that position. Kamla is either oblivious to the fact that this woman is insane or she actively rewarded it.

Breds around the 21st minutes, she say she thinking to become a garbage man because they have nice hours. And I like the accent garbage mawn. The first 10 minutes had me in stitches. Most of my friends couldn't make it that far. ROFL!!!!
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 12:14:11 PM »
Ohhh..... myyyy..... Goddd....

Nicki Menjai? All Fools day?

My number is 9:02 with a 2 min timer drag forward in between..

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 01:06:12 PM »
Made it to 20 minutes.

Was shocked that
 a) she admitted to using subliminal messages to promote Kamla. Are lecturers allowed in promote political parties?

b) What qualifications did she have to be a Minister of Health? Surely your supposed to use your M.P.s, particularly for key positions. Otherwise, why would you vote for the party?

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 02:05:06 PM »
tank...for thank.   Healt  for health.   lord horrible and she could NOT stick to the topic.  and who the hell was she looking at????

cokey eye girl good to take in de savannah when there are multiple games going on..Baptiste Cornelis could tell you the score in two games at the same time.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 02:39:03 PM »
yall aint makeout she anthem hav an alternate ending "together we aspire together we achieve"....woulda love to know how she was like growin up

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 02:48:02 PM »
was now coming to post this under the heading 'take a strong drink before you watch this', stopped on 3mins or so.

a drunk ****** can't f**k up so

*takes a shot of J Walker* ...bring back the balisier!!

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 03:58:47 PM »
Went to 8 minutes but stopped just in time to hear her meeting her husband on all fools day. WOW!
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2012, 04:20:23 PM »
allyuh good I skip skip and skipped in total I maybe watch 45 secs :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: lawd have mercy .......what worse is d Black berry brigade look like they jump een to help she out in d comments but they couldn' make.......hell it had one comment did read so outlandish wouldna be surprise if was she steups.........people grab alyuh parachute we on d hindenburg wit dese people
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 05:43:02 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 05:09:13 PM »
Made it to 20 minutes.

Was shocked that
 a) she admitted to using subliminal messages to promote Kamla. Are lecturers allowed in promote political parties?

b) What qualifications did she have to be a Minister of Health? Surely your supposed to use your M.P.s, particularly for key positions. Otherwise, why would you vote for the party?

That part about being given the Min of Health job was one of the first OMG moments I had watching that.  The woman basically said that the only reason she was chosen was because she Kamla's teacher in UWI.......

Now when this woman was first appointed I remember thinking eh??  What??  Who she??  Where she come from??  Now I understand why I'd never heard of her anywhere in the medical fraternity.....she eh know one damn thing bout health.......now think about the rest of Kamla's cabinet and wonder what de hell going on??

Ganga Singh and Hurricane George were two other appointments that made me go hhhhhhhmmmmmm.........a real pick up side.....we really in a mess yes.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2012, 06:34:04 PM »
yall aint makeout she anthem hav an alternate ending "together we aspire together we achieve"....woulda love to know how she was like growin up

LOL, I was thinking I'm sure that's the slogan on the coat of arms and I didn't realise it was part of the National Anthem!!

Can't believe this lady is paid a fortune to be an ambassador. Just shows how people are given jobs just because they are friends.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 07:15:57 PM »
After a few minutes, I could not watch any more. It was too embarrassing. I knew that the rambling and incoherence at the beginning of her address would only get progressively worse. I am seriously beginning to question her sanity. Her delivery was not lucid.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 07:24:21 PM »
Why are her sentences not linking together? She starts off talking about one thing then goes to another in the same breath. Does she have a mental problem? Serious talk.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 07:26:31 PM »
This is the woman who educated the Prime Minister yeah and we wonder why Kamla is such as mess. The bar has been dropped too low for too long.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 08:34:05 PM »
This is the woman who educated the Prime Minister yeah and we wonder why Kamla is such as mess. The bar has been dropped too low for too long.

I don't know this lady, but, to me, she looks a lot younger than Kamla. If so, how could she educate her  ???

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 08:45:43 PM »
I'm thinking MBA. She said it herself, the opposition leader who at the time was one of her students.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 09:41:53 PM »

I don't know this lady, but, to me, she looks a lot younger than Kamla. If so, how could she educate her  ???
She was her lecturer and Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2012, 09:42:02 PM »
Ex-minister takes heat over video lecture
Originally printed at http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Ex-minister_takes_heat_over_video_lecture-164161976.html

By Gyasi Gonzales gyasi.gonzales@trinidadexpress.com
July 28, 2012
FORMER health minister Therese Baptiste-Cornelis, now the country's ambassador to the United Nations in Switzerland, has been slammed on social media networking site Facebook and BlackBerry Messenger, following a lecture on cultural diplomacy she presented in Geneva in June.

The video, which shows Baptiste-Cornelis's speech, was uploaded to YouTube on June 28 and began spreading to Facebook over the past two days.

The Sunday Express viewed the video presentation, and although Baptiste-Cornelis addresses the subject of cultural diplomacy, throughout her 30-minute presentation, she also spoke at length about her stint as health minister, how she got the job as health minister and about how she met her husband on the Internet as well.

About her one-year stint as minister of health, she said, "I caused chaos. I told doctors they were making mistakes. They hated the fact that I pointed out they were making mistakes. They pleaded for me to get out, so I agreed with them in that plea, so I gave them even more stress so that they would plea louder, and then I was replaced by the MP (Dr Fuad Khan) who I was the campaign manager for in the elections. He's a doctor so he took over."

She did not receive many "likes" on Facebook for her presentation, which was described as rambling and embarrassing.

Some of the comments included:

"Have you ever seen a diplomat carry themselves with such lack of professionalism, diplomacy is all about how you appear to the outside world, how you represent your country. I am upset because the way she behaved does not represent the Trinidad and Tobago I know, the Trinidad and Tobago I'm working to help build. This is a disgrace, and I'm happy that people can recognise that. Accountability. That's the order of the day."

Another comment: "This is what happens when people just get appointed to diplomatic positions simply as a means of getting rid of them from active politics...."

Other viewers were a bit more understanding.

One wrote, "Forget being an ambassador and all that... As an educated female, she was disappointing to listen to. She clearly forgot what it takes to deliver a successful speech! She had the structure but lacked in delivery.... She had too much of her personal baggage in there.

The Sunday Express yesterday attempted to get a comment about the video, which has almost 3,000 views so far, but Foreign Affairs Minister Dr Suruj Rambachan could not be immediately reached last night.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2012, 07:30:22 AM »
Why are her sentences not linking together? She starts off talking about one thing then goes to another in the same breath. Does she have a mental problem? Serious talk.

I agree with you. She has to be put on medication immediately and should not be unleashed on an unsuspecting audience.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2012, 07:08:16 AM »
I only two minutes in and I had to stop fuss it cringeworthy. I feel like I watching the Saw movie where you want to see the plot progress but yuh don’t want to see the full gory details.

I wastrying to figure out what she is ambassador to then I realise is the same lod-mouth clown who was telling people to shut-up a couple years ago.

They really don’t value these Ambassodorial appointments. For the US they appoint a fella who was in school same time as me. No qualifications other than the fact that his family is party insiders.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2012, 09:39:00 AM »
what more maddening for me is d people dat trying to dong play diss.....if there was ever a time the leave to propaganda mechanism under lock an key it would be this.............it have people desperately tryin to spin and mitigate dis..........it all on Caribbean forums....we takin real blows and people getting on dey BB and computers tryin to spin dis...........DA fuukkkkk :frustrated: :frustrated: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:.
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>