March 28, 2024, 11:00:57 AM

Author Topic: McComie suspended pending investigation.  (Read 17218 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
McComie suspended pending investigation.
« on: August 03, 2012, 04:39:24 PM »
McComie suspended pending investigation.
By Inshan Mohammed.

Trinidad and Tobago national U-20 team head coach Michael McComie has been suspended by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) because of disciplinary reasons; pending an investigation.

This information has been relayed on the Soca Warriors Online (SWO) forum from a reliable source.

It all happened following an incident with W Connection player Alvin Jones, the brother of Trinidad and Tobago international defender Joevin Jones. Both of whom are sons of former T&T footballer and Police FC head coach Kelvin Jones.

The source further stated: “The U-20 players were playing a practice game against Caledonia AIA on Friday 27th July, 2012 at Larry Gomes Stadium, when apparently Jones (Alvin) made an error in the game around the 5th minute.”

“McComie immediately withdrew the player from the game and had him run continuously around the Stadium from about the 8th minute of the game, throughout the entire half time interval and then throughout the entire second half of the game. An additional 20 minutes was played and McComie had him run through that entire period as well.”

“As a result the player eventually collapsed during the coach's team talk.  The player nails were beginning to turn blue, other staff members had to work overtime to eventually revive him from suspected dehydration, and thankfully they did on time or else the players could have died.”

“Jones saw the team’s doctor and it was confirmed that he suffered a serious dehydration case as a result of running over 70 laps around the stadium nonstop.”

“The source mentioned that: “This to me is a criminal act and Michael McComie should be prosecuted and should never ever coach any team ever again.”

“Imagine, during the same incident young Jones asked if he could stop and was told no by McComie, he then asked for water and was refused.”

“After he was collapsed one of his teammates ran to his assistance and McComie stopped him in his tracks, asking in return if he were a doctor?

“McComie is known for causing stirs at times and had a personal vendetta against former San Juan Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick where he was constantly lashing out at Fenwick for no obvious reasons. There are also lots of other incidents involving McComie, ended the source.”

Meanwhile, this is not the first time McComie has had run ins with players.  It was previously reported that the former Ma Pau SC coach tried to block Kevin Molino from signing a contact for Orlando City in 2011 and was demanding Orlando pay a fee to him. Eventually the matter was resolved by FIFA.

McComie of all people should know that coaching young footballers is process that requires patience, as he too has had some shortcomings as a national player.

He has had some success on the field and was part of the National Under 20 team that qualified for the Youth World Cup finals in Portugal (1991), that was led by captain Dwight Yorke. However his success with the team was short lived as T&T crashed in the first round and was sent home packing.

T&T lost all of their group stage games against; Australia (2-0), Soviet Union (4-0) and Egypt (6-0). McComie, a goalkeeper played in two of the games conceding eight goals in the process. Clayton Ince was McComie’s back-up.

He was also in goal for Joe Public during the 1998 Concacaf Champion League Cup game against MLS team DC United when they were drummed 8-0 and, as a result, to date it’s the worst defeat by any T&T teams at that level of competition.

McComie has also had unsuccessful stints as coach for both T&T’s Under 20 and Under 23 teams respectively in the past. In 2007 his Under 23 team was eliminated  from the 2008 Olympic qualifications by Cuba (3-0 L) and Grenada (3-2 L). McComie blamed the lack of support he got from the Pro League clubs for the his team's poor showing.

Meanwhile, TTFF Media man Shaun Fuentes reported: “Former National Senior team assistant coach Ross Russell has been given the position of Interim head coach of the Under 20 team pending an ongoing investigation into a matter involving Michael McComie who served as head coach of the squad and a player from the current squad."

Further details on the outcome of the investigation will be released in due course.” (see below for full report).

RELATED NEWS

Russell takes charge of U-20 men's team.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Former National Senior team assistant coach Ross Russell has been given the position of Interim head coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Under 20 team pending an ongoing investigation into a matter involving Michael McComie who served as head coach of the squad and a player from the current squad.

Further details on the outcome of the investigation will be released in due course.

Russell previously served as an assistant coach and goalkeeping coach of the current Under 20 squad and is the most experienced coach on the current staff which also includes Anthony Rougier and Clint Marcelle.

Russell has been on the coaching staffs of several past national youth teams including the Under 17 team that qualified for the 2007 FIFA Under 17 World Cup in South Korea and was also a previous Senior Men’s Team assistant coach. He also led Defence Force to the 2010/2011 T&T Pro League title.

The final squad for the upcoming Caribbean Football Union U-20 qualifying tournament in St Vincent/Grenadines will be announced on Saturday.

The team will travel to St Vincent on a Caribbean Airlines chartered flight on Monday afternoon. T&T will engage in battle with the hosts, Guyana and Suriname on August 8-12.

The group winner will advance to the CFU Finals in Jamaica November on 3-11. Five of the six teams from the final round of Caribbean qualifying will advance to the CONCACAF championship in Puebla, Mexico, February 18-March 2, 2013 towards the 2013 FIFA Under 20 World Cup in Turkey.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 06:17:55 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Coach McComie suspended pending termination?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 05:36:28 PM »
If these allegations are truthful, this is a new low, even for McComie. Its one thing to demand discipline but entirely another to run a man to near death. You could teach these fellas all the latest Dutch models and they still don't get that the physical techniques is matters not if you can't pass along the conceptual framework. If the player can't get the concept then just maybe the coach has failed to impart it properly. But these fellas don't see their own faults.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: "Mc Commie suspended pending investigation".
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 05:37:55 PM »
Crucify him!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "Mc Commie suspended pending investigation".
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 06:14:33 PM »
Absolutely reprehensible.

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: McComie suspended pending investigation.
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 06:45:41 PM »
That man should not be allowed anywhere near to a sideline again for a very long time... I ever! That is beyond ridiculous.

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 06:52:35 PM »
Fellas I wouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions abt the incident, had a chance to talk to Mike yesterday and he explained what "played off." He stated that what is being speculated is highly exaggerated - in fact he is quite certain that once he explains his side of the situation to the federation, things will be resolved. He mentioned that his session was video taped and the entire situation has been captured on tape - hence he believes that what transpired will be clearly seen by all involved....that's the man's side of it. What's really troubling however, is the horrific dynamic of the staff involved with this team. There are coaches simply undercutting each other at every opportunity. I couldnt imagine working in a set up like that - the technical director should have done something a long time ago because nothing can be accomplished in such an environment...ultimately the team will suffer!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 07:39:57 PM »
I don't feel sorry for McComie, he have issues with everyone.

As for cut throat, what's new, you get what you pay for.

Rougier and Marcelle is food for thoughts coaches.

McComie felt he was bigger than the game.

Good job on the Write up Flex as I know the TTFF will cover it up.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 07:41:33 PM »
Fellas I wouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions abt the incident, had a chance to talk to Mike yesterday and he explained what "played off." He stated that what is being speculated is highly exaggerated - in fact he is quite certain that once he explains his side of the situation to the federation, things will be resolved. He mentioned that his session was video taped and the entire situation has been captured on tape - hence he believes that what transpired will be clearly seen by all involved....that's the man's side of it. What's really troubling however, is the horrific dynamic of the staff involved with this team. There are coaches simply undercutting each other at every opportunity. I couldnt imagine working in a set up like that - the technical director should have done something a long time ago because nothing can be accomplished in such an environment...ultimately the team will suffer!

He better hope dat video tape doh show de young boy running laps for more than 10-15 minutes........Even so.... a man make a error in a (practice) game and your method of coaching to correct it is to make him run laps?!  For a man of mc comie's.........qualifications, dat is pure jackassness........mc comie want f**kin' lix oui!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 08:39:15 PM »
UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!! not even in 1950 were coaches in Trinidad sooo stupid.

Offline loyalist

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 09:07:15 PM »

He better hope dat video tape doh show de young boy running laps for more than 10-15 minutes........Even so.... a man make a error in a (practice) game and your method of coaching to correct it is to make him run laps?!  For a man of mc comie's.........qualifications, dat is pure jackassness........mc comie want f**kin' lix oui!
well said....thats one of the reasons why our football has regressed....

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 10:51:44 PM »
I understood that some players even wanted to beat he ass Ahab the man collapsed

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 11:09:54 PM »
I reading this thing and first thing come to my mind is Korey Stringer.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2012, 02:03:41 AM »
First of all lets gave thanks to god that the yute nuh dead .  Mc Comie should be sack and a criminal investigation should be launched.

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 04:11:11 AM »
From the time I see the headline on the main page the first thing cross my mind was that McComie was being an asshole.

McComie could say what he want he is an egotistical, power-tripping ass. Hope the young man is okay.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2012, 05:08:58 AM »
If I was de father of that kid, McComie woulda been dead all now..

All de time he big and bad and he could huff and puff real good, now he boil down like butter on hot galvanise.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 05:12:51 AM »
My only concern is the extent of the punishment, if true.
I'm ok with the punishment itself. I doh mind tough love coaching at all.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 03:47:33 PM »
In America he would have gotten a law suit in he backside.

Only in Trinidad you get a slap on your wrist, watch McComie back on the job soon, that is Anton boy.

Discipline is good, but McComie went overboard and needs to get penalize, he always do some crap.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 05:32:06 PM »
ah did shame
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 05:59:41 PM »
I spoke to McComie 2 days ago and he is standing by his decision.

The man is heartless and said all will be reveal soon.

He said that the TTFF got his back on this and told me that W Connection is overacting.

More to come.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: McComie suspended pending investigation.
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2012, 06:06:15 PM »
I spoke to McComie 2 days ago and he is standing by his decision.

The man is heartless and said all will be reveal soon.

He said that the TTFF got his back on this and told me that W Connection is overacting.

More to come.

Thanks
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2012, 06:50:28 PM »
McComie is a c**t!

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 03:09:18 AM »
It is alleged that Anthony Rougier resign because Anton Corneal offer the U-20 interim job to Ross Russell instead of him. I tell you, Anton set up a bag of wire. This whole thing reach 400 and dipping.

Kingman
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 03:11:01 AM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 05:03:42 AM »
Anton Corneal dont listen...

Anthony Rougier, Clint Marcelle and Michael McComie is real imps....

Rougier I always respect as a player but when he became a coach he tun real ass...

Marcelle only on money, he still living in he father house in Cocorite, big man like he who spend over 10 years in England playing Pro football.

So Rougier and Marcelle was gunning for McComie and now they plan get back fire...   :rotfl: :rotfl:

Real cut throat thing sah..

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 05:44:59 AM »
ah did shame

like u see it live big mag?
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 06:00:02 AM »
When these fools done with Trinidad and Tobago Football it will be no coming back.

You guys will see how important Jack Warner was to T&T football and all he did.

Now sit down and enjoy the ride, watch Anton Corneal destroy T&T football beyond fixable.

Its a friend business now. You guys feel Jack was bad, Anton is worst and he do not listen, he knows everything, he could talk the pants of a football but to put it into action on the field, he clueless and he is spiteful to, players cant make mistakes around him or else they done, no second chance, asked Jake Thomson.

I had McComie at Joe Public coaching once and had to fire him, the guy is a real idiot.

Jack will rise again !!!!!!!!

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2012, 06:47:35 AM »
When these fools done with Trinidad and Tobago Football it will be no coming back.

You guys will see how important Jack Warner was to T&T football and all he did.

Now sit down and enjoy the ride, watch Anton Corneal destroy T&T football beyond fixable.

Its a friend business now. You guys feel Jack was bad, Anton is worst and he do not listen, he knows everything, he could talk the pants of a football but to put it into action on the field, he clueless and he is spiteful to, players cant make mistakes around him or else they done, no second chance, asked Jake Thomson.

I had McComie at Joe Public coaching once and had to fire him, the guy is a real idiot.

Jack will rise again !!!!!!!!

Daryl, your father made Anil in his own image so we expect nothing less. As with football, Jack is now being exposed in politics as Jack of no trades and master of none. Calder Hart saving the house next door in Florida for you all.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 08:00:35 AM »
In America he would have gotten a law suit in he backside.

Only in Trinidad you get a slap on your wrist, watch McComie back on the job soon, that is Anton boy.

Discipline is good, but McComie went overboard and needs to get penalize, he always do some crap.

In Jamaica.....mc comie woulda done get a serious cutarse by now.......LONG before this incident even.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 09:13:09 AM »
give the u20 wuk to grosvenor he know how to get the best out of that age group

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 10:09:15 AM »
If this is in fact true, that is nothing really new in T&T youth football.  I can tell you the one and only Dwight Yorke was asked to run for the duration of practice and he did it.  Now fortunately, nothing happended to Yorke, but I've seen that before in person.  In fact, I joke about it all the time but as youth coach now, I fully understand that was a stupid thing for the coach to do.  The irony of the situation was that McCommie was on that team and I'm pretty certain he was there when this happened with Yorke.  Doesn't surprise me in the least but I would think with football today this would never happen.
Arimian to meh heart

1]; } ?>