April 30, 2024, 08:40:56 AM

Author Topic: Who De Hell Is Kim? - The Kim Collins Drama Thread!  (Read 3617 times)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Who De Hell Is Kim? - The Kim Collins Drama Thread!
« on: August 05, 2012, 08:15:47 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/team-bars-kim-collins-olympic-121949935--oly.html

Team bars Kim Collins from Olympic 100-meter heats
By GRAHAM DUNBAR (AP Sports Writer) | The Associated Press
Sat, Aug 4, 2012 8:56 AM EDT

LONDON (AP) -- Former 100-meter world champion Kim Collins was dropped from his race at the London Olympics after being disciplined by the St. Kitts and Nevis team.

St. Kitts and Nevis team spokesman Lester Hanley told The Associated Press that Collins would not run in his heat after breaking team rules by leaving the athletes village.

"Kim has not been in camp the last couple of days," Hanley said in a telephone interview.

Collins posted messages on his Twitter account Saturday, saying "My fans. I won't lie. Won't be running later tonight."

"Even men in prison get their wives to visit," wrote the 36-year-old Collins, who is attending his fifth straight Olympics.

The 2003 world champion was the team's flag-bearer at the opening ceremony.

Collins is still entered in the 200 and the 4x100 relay and could still run.

"That I can't answer at this point whether they will give it further consideration," Hanley said.

Still, Collins said on Twitter that the 2011 Pan American Games, where he won silver in the 100, could be his final appearance for the Caribbean state.

"For those who saw me run in Mexico. That's the last time I represent my country," he said.

Collins is the second of an original seven-athlete Olympic team from St. Kitts and Nevis to be disciplined. Sprinter Tameka Williams, the only woman on the team, was sent home last weekend for a potential doping violation despite not testing positive for a banned drug.

The St. Kitts and Nevis Olympic Committee said Williams had acknowledged using a substance which was "clearly outside the medical code."
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 08:36:53 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who De Hell Is Kim? - The Kim Collins Drama Thread!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 08:29:55 PM »
Kim Collins vows to never run for St. Kitts and Nevis again via his Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Shortly after St. Kitts and Nevis sprinter Kim Collins was booted from participating in the 100-meter race, he took to his Twitter and Facebook to voice his displeasure

Collins, who won the 100-meter world title in 2003, is being punished for leaving the athletes’ village and hooking up with his WIFE who is also his coach… ahem…. cough cough…

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 08:37:13 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 09:39:40 PM »
St Kitts and Nevis shouda kiss he arse, and let him run.  steups.

5 facking Olympics and yuh ban allyuh living legend?  nah

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 10:03:14 PM »
It coulda been worse had he stayed in the olympic village, I hear everybody loves everybody for those two weeks in there. Maybe going to see his wife was less of a distraction.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 02:04:52 AM »
It coulda been worse had he stayed in the olympic village, I hear everybody loves everybody for those two weeks in there. Maybe going to see his wife was less of a distraction.

Yep ... apparently so.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 07:29:39 AM »
The man know the rules, it probably cause problems in the camp.

We use to have Dwight and Latas regularly do they own thing

It's unprofessional and he should be setting a better example

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 08:46:04 AM »

This.
If you a legend then you're an example to the ones coming up behind you. Rules matter. Discipline matters.

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 12:18:35 PM »
That said he is the ONLY legend dey have..steups..why not let him run?  Fifth damn olympics he represent them..FIFTH!

Not to mention all he give dem before..steups

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 12:57:10 PM »
That said he is the ONLY legend dey have..steups..why not let him run?  Fifth damn olympics he represent them..FIFTH!

Not to mention all he give dem before..steups
:beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 01:05:38 PM »
That is like telling ato take a back seat. St kitts could of deal with that different
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 02:16:48 PM »
That is like telling ato take a back seat. St kitts could of deal with that different

yeah, punishment did not match de crime
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 02:26:20 PM »
[/b]
Yep ... apparently so.

That is the best!!!!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 02:47:20 PM »
[/b]
Yep ... apparently so.

That is the best!!!!
I shoulda put going to see his coach was less of a distraction ;D

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 11:04:50 PM »
For real though, read the last paragragh from an article Bakes posted about the olympic village in the thread he started. A current cylist taking about maintaining his relationship with his girl, an athlete who retired in June but is also in London. Maybe Kim should use this in his defense. Doh mind me, I jus speculating.

After a Skype relationship forced by their globe-trotting careers, they are now on hiatus. But Phinney can't wait for London, where Johnson, who retired in June, will be on hand to fulfill her sponsorship obligations. "I'll try to hang out with her as much as I can," he says before he doubles back, still clearly flummoxed. "And I'm going to try very hard to stay away from females." In that case, he might want to stay away from the Olympic Village altogether.Follow The Mag on Twitter (@ESPNmag) and like us on Facebook.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/story/_/id/8133052/athletes-spill-details-dirty-secrets-olympic-village-espn-magazine
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 11:09:30 PM by soccerman »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 01:11:17 AM »

This.
If you a legend then you're an example to the ones coming up behind you. Rules matter. Discipline matters.

Nonsense... Britain have an Olympian who just checked into the Olympic Village, finally... two weeks after the Games opened.  There is no rule that says you have to spend every night in the village.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 07:33:26 AM »

This.

Nonsense... Britain have an Olympian who just checked into the Olympic Village, finally... two weeks after the Games opened.  There is no rule that says you have to spend every night in the village.
:beermug:

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 09:37:47 AM »
Each association will set its own rules regarding the team spirit rules etc.  However Kim should be able to come and go as he damn well pleases.  shit  lol

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Opposition MP calls for officialenquiry into Collins controversy
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 05:39:19 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Opposition_MP_calls_for_officialenquiry_into_Collins_controversy-165884626.html

Opposition MP calls for official enquiry into Collins controversy
Story Created: Aug 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM ECT

BASSETERRE

An Opposition Member of Parliament has called for a commission of enquiry to investigate the axing of four-time Olympian Kim Collins and young sprinter Tameka Williams from the St Kitts delegation at the London Olympics.

MP Richards said while there had been statements from Collins and the St Kitts National Olympic Committee (SKNOC), there were several questions left to be answered.

Collins was controversially stripped of his accreditation ahead of the 100 metres preliminaries last weekend for refusing to remain with the delegation in the athletes' village, while Williams was sent home for allegedly using a banned stimulant, prior to the start of the Games.

"Kim Collins is a national hero... a World and Commonwealth champion, a four-time Olympian set to compete in a history-making fifth and probably final Olympic Games where he would have been the first male Olympic sprinter to participate in five straight Olympics and he was denied the ability to compete and make history," said Richards of the People's Action Movement.

"We deserve to know exactly what happened. Was there any interference from any outside entity? Why did the Prime Minister (Denzil Douglas) not intervene and serve as a mediator of sort between Collins and the SKNOC, who seemed to be on different pages, to ensure this national hero competes? Was the Prime Minister's presence in London a factor in Kim's inability to compete? What influence did the Prime Minister have on the decision of the SKNOC?"

St Kitts Olympic officials said they had cancelled Collins's accreditation after the 2003 World champion left the Games village to meet with his wife and then refused to comply with a request to report to the delegation by 10 p.m. on August 3, the night before the start of the 100m preliminaries.

Dennis Knight, vice-president of the SKNOC, said Collins had "blatantly violated rules laid down by the NOC and London 2012".

Collins said he had been spending time with his wife as he found life in the Games village "stressful".

However, Richards argued that Collins had been dealt with harshly.

"Do you think that the United States would have banned Kobe Bryant, Lebron James or Kevin Durant from competing if they had committed a similar infraction to what Kim is accused?" he contended.

"Does anyone doubt for a second that Jamaica would've allowed (Usain) Bolt and (Yohan) Blake to participate in these Olympics if they had committed a similar infraction or indiscretion?

"There is more to this story and we need an independent investigation to find out exactly what happened. The people deserve to know."

Richards also called for the Williams controversy to be "thoroughly investigated", in order to ensure she could continue her promising career.

"I am firmly of the view that an independent commission is the absolute only way that we as citizens of this country can feel any sort of solace with regards to this very embarrassing and troubling issue," Richards stressed.

—CMC
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:11:27 PM by Socapro »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 09:32:05 PM »
Audio was not exceptional but you might have better luck with it than I did:

http://www.winnfm.com/news/local/879-kim-collins-responds-to-sknoc-claims

1]; } ?>