April 25, 2024, 05:12:13 AM

Author Topic: If we could only produce 2 more Ato Boldons eh  (Read 1099 times)

truetrini

If we could only produce 2 more Ato Boldons eh
« on: August 07, 2012, 05:06:24 PM »
Things woulda be nice these Olympics.

That said I wish I could hear Ato's take on what some of you suggesting that Sorillo should have dropped out the 100 and let Marc run instead. 

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: If we could only produce 2 more Ato Boldons eh
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 06:55:34 PM »
Things woulda be nice these Olympics.

That said I wish I could hear Ato's take on what some of you suggesting that Sorillo should have dropped out the 100 and let Marc run instead. 
Sorrillo would have been better off trust me as he is not a 1st tier 100m sprinter.
I saw how he ran that 200m earlier today and he was well spent after running the 100m earlier this week.
If Sorrillo was fresher he would have easily been 2nd in his 200m Heat and thru to the semis. He was well up with the leaders for the 1st 150m then faded badly when his tank ran empty and so underperformed badly.

Check out the BBC video at this link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video/p00w31yw) and go to section 17 to confirm what I am pointing out.

I know what I am talking about. Sorrillo's coach/management let him down badly by allowing him to run both the 100m and 200m in London as he is not a Yohan Blake or Usain Bolt.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 06:59:51 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 07:06:31 PM »
Them fellas need to work harder. Compared to most of the other runners they lookin Magga

They need to eat more yam (Bolt father claim that is the secret) or drink the american juice.

Do some damn thing because what they doing ent working.

Every Olympics we keep saying "good job he/she make the finals, next time is......"

They preparing for 4 years to go on the stage and produce a final? Not good enough

Eat properly, sleep properly, train properly, be disciplined and always work on improving, anything less is ah final appearance at best.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 11:17:31 PM »
Them fellas need to work harder. Compared to most of the other runners they lookin Magga

They need to eat more yam (Bolt father claim that is the secret) or drink the american juice.

Do some damn thing because what they doing ent working.

Every Olympics we keep saying "good job he/she make the finals, next time is......"

They preparing for 4 years to go on the stage and produce a final? Not good enough

Eat properly, sleep properly, train properly, be disciplined and always work on improving, anything less is ah final appearance at best.

Fuh real...my thing is I find we always have contenders coming in to these events and they usually fall short on the grand stage, we're usually good for two medals in each olympics. My track partner mentioned to me is because we don't compete on the big stage enough i.e. top meets and could be due to lack of funding.

1]; } ?>