April 27, 2024, 10:15:52 PM

Author Topic: Olympics and US commentators  (Read 9314 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Olympics and US commentators
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2012, 08:42:17 PM »
Anyway, according to the NBC commentator Trinidad does not have a Velodrome. Ok, then.

Do we have one?  Serious talk?  I know we had Arima back in the day, I even attended some races there, but I doh even know if that counts.

Aye, Truetrini... leave my gyul Toppa alone eh   :yellowcard:

truetrini

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2012, 08:43:45 PM »
Arima Velodrome

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2012, 09:07:21 PM »
Unless it comes from the Bible.

oh snap

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2012, 09:08:20 PM »
Arima Velodrome

I think they mean ah indoor 250 metre velodrome
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2012, 09:34:32 PM »
Look dem bias facking Americans just spend ah whole 15 mins talking about Kirani James.  They even spend 10 seconds talking about how he spend two years at the University of Tennessee.

truetrini

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2012, 10:08:38 PM »
Look dem bias facking Americans just spend ah whole 15 mins talking about Kirani James.  They even spend 10 seconds talking about how he spend two years at the University of Tennessee.

Yuh eh mention how he have ah stink biased Yankee coach who James says is like a father to him either.  hear nah, any elite athlete have ah Canadiana s a coach?   :devil:

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2012, 10:28:06 PM »

For real

Oh stfu the two of you.

More Biblical teaching?  Nice...yuh is ah f**king hypocrite.

I feel ah buller take yuh man.

Ah it is clear that the other thread really struck a cord with a few of you. Oh well...and how am I a hypocrite? A hypocrite with regards to what? Or better yet, how does the Bible teach prejudice? Feel free to respond in the other thread so you and your fan boys don't detract this one even further.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

truetrini

« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2012, 10:34:17 PM »

For real

Oh stfu the two of you.

More Biblical teaching?  Nice...yuh is ah f**king hypocrite.

I feel ah buller take yuh man.

Ah it is clear that the other thread really struck a cord with a few of you. Oh well...and how am I a hypocrite? A hypocrite with regards to what? Or better yet, how does the Bible teach prejudice? Feel free to respond in the other thread so you and your fan boys don't detract this one even further.

I am not in any choir and yuh eh strike no "cord" with me.   

1 John 4:20
If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.

Matthew 7:21-23

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Matthew 7:1-5

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Galatians 6:3

For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.

Proverbs 26:23-26

Like the glaze covering an earthen vessel are fervent lips with an evil heart. Whoever hates disguises himself with his lips and harbors deceit in his heart; when he speaks graciously, believe him not, for there are seven abominations in his heart; though his hatred be covered with deception, his wickedness will be exposed in the assembly.

Proverbs 11:9

With his mouth the godless man would destroy his neighbor, but by knowledge the righteous are delivered.

I sincerly hope the above words stike a chord with you.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2012, 10:40:53 PM »
Oh, thanks for that.  ??? Now exactly what is/was your point?
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2012, 11:33:49 PM »
Well look I rel learning history here tonight. Apparently the US military 'liberated' Grenada from the Communists in the 80s and the Grenadians 'celebrate' this.  :D
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2012, 11:43:11 PM »
Well look I rel learning history here tonight. Apparently the US military 'liberated' Grenada from the Communists in the 80s and the Grenadians 'celebrate' this.  :D

If not fuh Cowboy Ron Greenz would be speaking Cuban today...

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2012, 11:55:17 PM »

If not fuh Cowboy Ron Greenz would be speaking Cuban today...

Cuban?  :D I wonder what the Grenadian perspective is on how that went down. Honestly.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2012, 12:27:22 AM »
Cuban?  :D I wonder what the Grenadian perspective is on how that went down. Honestly.

Yes "cuban"  ;D

I too was curious about the Grenadian "thanksgiving" reference... I didn't know about that one, lol

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2012, 04:14:39 AM »
wen i was in grenz never really spoke to anyone about the "liberation"..but throughout the country there are still "thank you USA" painted on walls..whether that has to do with that or Ivan i really dont know
Back in Trini...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Olympics and US commentators
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2012, 04:50:55 AM »
Arima Velodrome

I think they mean ah indoor 250 metre velodrome

Coming soon
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2012, 10:47:11 AM »
People want to know why Ato didn't correct the Commentator who said the picture on Kirani clothes was a cocoa pod. hahaha Ato couldn't tell the man it was actually nutmeg?
www.westindiantube.com

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2012, 12:44:36 PM »
People want to know why Ato didn't correct the Commentator who said the picture on Kirani clothes was a cocoa pod. hahaha Ato couldn't tell the man it was actually nutmeg?

gyul, american audience cyah appreciate dem kind of distinction. maybe if it was a picture of a gun or a grenade on he chest dey coulda talk about dat.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2012, 03:01:54 PM »
This could very well be the most controversial Olympics ever. Talk about tata!

Boxing alone is a complete mess.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2012, 03:27:23 PM »
We do have a velodrome in Arima. But that antiquated. People don't want to ride in Concrete track any more. The official thing is  indoor wood 250 track. Big mouth Anil says we will have one before the Rio Olimpics come around. Also a 50 meter 10 lane swimming pool and a new National tennis center. I holding meh breadth.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2012, 03:30:21 PM »

You assuming that Ato was paying attention... or knew. I mihself see them focus on it fuh ah second and he say "I believe that is a cacao (pronounced "kakay-yoh"  :rotfl:) pod, from which they make chocolate"... I had tuh laugh.  But I admit, didn't even cross mih mind that it could be a nutmeg.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2012, 03:32:30 PM »
We do have a velodrome in Arima. But that antiquated. People don't want to ride in Concrete track any more. The official thing is  indoor wood 250 track. Big mouth Anil says we will have one before the Rio Olimpics come around. Also a 50 meter 10 lane swimming pool and a new National tennis center. I holding meh breadth.

Yuh drop yuh length or what? lol

I actually wouldn't argue too much about the indoor velodrome thing, given the promise that Njisane Phillips (who I shamefully admit, didn't even know existed until last week) has shown.  Everyone in the cycling world apparently expected him to break out for 2016 but instead he given we a sneak peek now.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Olympics and US commentators
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2012, 03:36:51 PM »

The work has started, when last I heard they were preparing the roads into the work site, according to Anil
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2012, 08:12:02 AM »
This could very well be the most controversial Olympics ever. Talk about tata!

Boxing alone is a complete mess.

athletes spending years of their lives training and is sheer incompetence and level bobol dey finding with some of the judged/refereed competitions.

what are the chance of some accountability from the IOC? zero and none.

1]; } ?>