March 28, 2024, 04:11:20 PM

Author Topic: Who wants a flag?  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Who wants a flag?
« on: August 10, 2012, 08:13:57 AM »
$.3m to put flag in every home
By Anna Ramdass anna.ramdass@trinidadexpress.com
Story Created: Aug 9, 2012 at 11:06 PM ECT
Story Updated: Aug 9, 2012 at 11:06 PM ECT
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/__3m_to_put_flag_in_every_home-165681386.html

The Government will be spending just over $307,000 to ensure that a small national flag is placed in every home in the country as part of its new initiative — national patriotism month from August 30 to September 30.
Minister of National Diversification Clifton DeCoteau announced this yesterday at the post-Cabinet news conference at the Office of the Prime Minister, St Clair.
However, when questioned on whether flags that are currently erected in Port of Spain such as those outside the Hyatt were in keeping with the laws, DeCoteau said the National Security Minister and Foreign Affairs Minister sit on a committee which will oversee plans for national patriotism month and ensure that protocols are followed.
The initiative to plant a flag in every home, he said, stems from an initiative of the Naparima scouts.
This flag expansion programme, he said, will be accompanied with an education drive informing people of flag protocols and its usage and meaning.
DeCoteau could not answer which private company will be given the contract to supply these small flags, but disclosed that it will be outsourced by the National Security Ministry.
He also could not say what was the total cost of all the programmes mentioned, saying that proposals were still being made.
Within that one-month period, DeCoteau said items such as pencils, copybooks, bookmarks, wristbands, miniature flags, stickers, key chains, pens, mugs and bottle openers will be distributed to schools, children's homes and members of the public.
He said there will be a "I love my country" radio programme and a national day of prayer in schools.
He said there will also be a launch of the Ministry's jingle and a most patriotic school competitions as well as a production of a national heroes documentary.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants a flag?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 08:19:10 AM »
We gone flag crazy all off a sudden?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 09:02:06 AM »
decorative rags flying all over POS and environs.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 10:55:03 AM »
I like dat ..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 11:20:37 AM »
which National Flag

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 11:21:41 AM »
I remember in 06 you could see a national flag everywhere.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 12:07:31 PM »
Those red white and black things hanging around POS are an embarassment doh.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 12:33:22 PM »
elan you too shit up.

I'm getting an official size one in few days. Imagine it easier to get an official size T&T flag in New York than in Trinidad.

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 01:52:48 PM »
Why dey must give people a f**king flag?

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 02:15:45 PM »
which National Flag

I have Both including a USA and Jamaican Flag Tatoo on My body .. Proud To be an Indian if you gaving one away send it my way..
as I tell many of my african freind dem its ok for you to be proud of Africa but I must not be proud of India.. yu gotta be crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trinidad is My country of Birth and Indian is my Race and Damn f**king well proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
War
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 02:54:08 PM »
So who idea it was to put the national flag of north botswana up  all over POS again?

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_Nort_Botswana.png

They should be given a punch with pepper, ex lax and senna to drink every two days
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 03:18:15 PM »
elan you too shit up.

I'm getting an official size one in few days. Imagine it easier to get an official size T&T flag in New York than in Trinidad.

Because yuh does get real patriotic outside of TNT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 04:12:27 PM »
So who idea it was to put the national flag of north botswana up  all over POS again?

They should be given a punch with pepper, ex lax and senna to drink every two days

The Rugby Federation TT. That is not the shirt they does use?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 07:17:53 PM »
which National Flag

I have Both including a USA and Jamaican Flag Tatoo on My body .. Proud To be an Indian if you gaving one away send it my way..
as I tell many of my african freind dem its ok for you to be proud of Africa but I must not be proud of India.. yu gotta be crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trinidad is My country of Birth and Indian is my Race and Damn f**king well proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
War

And I was joking with elan .....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 12:13:41 AM »

Don't think those were meant to be "flags"... certainly not flying on ligt poles as they are at Movietowne.  I think that's just flying the colors in honor of the 50th anniversary.

1]; } ?>