April 28, 2024, 03:52:21 PM

Author Topic: Fabrice Muamba - Spurs vs Bolton  (Read 7811 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Fabrice Muamba - Spurs vs Bolton
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2012, 08:42:36 AM »
So whats the latest , will he be able to return to football?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2012, 09:19:24 AM »
Far too early to say I would imagine

Except from an article today on the BBC.

........................It is not known whether Muamba will ever be fit enough to play top-flight football again, but Trotters chairman Phil Gartside says the club will find a role for him should he have to retire.................

Full article here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17565539

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2012, 08:08:36 AM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1134369/bolton's-fabrice-muamba-forced-to-retire-from-game?cc=3888

Fabrice Muamba has announced his retirement from professional football, after doctors advised him a comeback would be too dangerous.

GettyImages
Fabrice Muamba salutes the fans on one of his first public appearances after his recovery
• Muamba collapses on pitch

Muamba's heart stopped for 78 minutes after he collapsed on the pitch during Bolton's FA Cup match against Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane on March 17.

The 24-year-old made a slow but steady recovery in hospital and had hoped to eventually return to the game after completing his rehabilitiation - but doctors dashed those hopes after warning that the stresses of the sport would put too great a strain on his heart.

As a result, Muamba announced his retirement from the game on Wednesday.

"Since suffering my heart attack and being discharged from hospital, I have remained utterly positive in the belief I could one day resume my playing career and play for Bolton Wanderers once again," Muamba said in a statement. "As part of my on-going recovery, last week I travelled to Belgium to seek further medical advice from a leading cardiologist.

"But the news I received was obviously not what I had hoped it would be and it means I am now announcing my retirement from professional football."

The former England Under-21 international, who also played for Arsenal and Birmingham during his club career, is likely to receive an insurance payout after his career was curtailed abruptly.

Prior to the official announcement, he said on Twitter: "Keep smiling people".

"While the news is devastating, I have much to be thankful for," he added. "I thank God that I am alive and I pay tribute once again to the members of the medical team who never gave up on me.

"I would also like to thank everyone who has supported me throughout my career, and the Bolton fans who have been incredible. I am blessed to have the support of my family and friends at this time."

Bolton have pledged to help Muamba in whatever he now decides to pursue.

Manager Owen Coyle said: "We have spoken with Fab and he knows we will always support him in whatever he wants to do and that we will always be here for him. He is obviously massively disappointed that he won't be able to carry on his career, but everyone has seen what a fighter and strong person he is in mind and body.

"We know that he will go on to achieve great things and within all this disappointment, the most important thing is that he is here, alive, today."

wasn't surprised by this but it still sad :( :( :(
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>