April 26, 2024, 12:48:07 PM

Author Topic: Jones must step up, says Phillips.  (Read 6619 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jones must step up, says Phillips.
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 04:56:45 AM »
KJ needs STIFF competition for that starting spot for TnT...simple...
sadly we dont have the quality front men to push him ..or put him on the bench...
Jorsling ??..Roy ??..Gay ???...Winchester ??..Roberts ???...Cesar ???...

MY OPINION is that the TTFF and Staff should chat with Jason Scotland and get him back into the national set up...he can give KJ a push...he can help the young strikers...he can give the team a different element...

the  Gold Cup strikers if fit and in form should be ..KJ..Scotty...Roberts...Gay... and Winchester
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 03:13:27 PM »
sadly we dont have the quality front men to push him ..or put him on the bench...

MY OPINION is that the TTFF and Staff should chat with Jason Scotland and get him back into the national set up...he can give KJ a push...he can help the young strikers...he can give the team a different element...

the  Gold Cup strikers if fit and in form should be ..KJ..Scotty...Roberts...Gay... and Winchester

Not a bad idea.

Online Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2013, 03:20:58 PM »

Not a bad idea.
They ain't like Scotty on here neither, though.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2013, 06:35:09 PM »
Dinner Mints..if you on here from long time...they did not like Yorke,latapy,Stern ,Cyd,Avery, Dog, Jack and others too
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 10:24:37 PM »

Not one dimensional scotty,  :notlistening: please leff he where he iz!!     :shameonyou:

PS: we have scotty in the form of jorslin, gay and richard roy (slow, can't dribble, can't penetrate defenses, can't out run defenders). right now lets look ahead and not backwards.

we have peltier, jaggy winchester and roberts who IMO is quicker and more valiant than scotty.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:32:08 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2013, 03:52:34 AM »

Not one dimensional scotty,  :notlistening: please leff he where he iz!!     :shameonyou:

PS: we have scotty in the form of jorslin, gay and richard roy (slow, can't dribble, can't penetrate defenses, can't out run defenders). right now lets look ahead and not backwards.

we have peltier, jaggy winchester and roberts who IMO is quicker and more valiant than scotty.
[/quote

I concur...yuh know things bad when yuh calling for sluggish scotland. Yea he clinical...but very slooohhhw...corncurls or westchester any day over he
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2013, 02:53:38 PM »
So to sum things up..like I have said before ..Kenwyn Jones is not a  true forward. He is playing the role of a target man in England but cannot be depended on the be the forward that we want for our team..  we need a real striker. We always had excellent strikers..Warren Archibald, Steve David, Wilfred(bound to score) Cave, Burt Neptune, Ron La Forest, Nevick(bound to score) Denoon, Philbert Jones, Adrian(saddles) Fonrose,  Roderick(Rambo) Gibbs, Stern John, Dwight Yorke, Leonson Lewis to name a few.

Online Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2013, 04:08:57 PM »
So to sum things up..like I have said before ..Kenwyn Jones is not a  true forward. He is playing the role of a target man in England but cannot be depended on the be the forward that we want for our team..  we need a real striker. We always had excellent strikers..Warren Archibald, Steve David, Wilfred(bound to score) Cave, Burt Neptune, Ron La Forest, Nevick(bound to score) Denoon, Philbert Jones, Adrian(saddles) Fonrose,  Roderick(Rambo) Gibbs, Stern John, Dwight Yorke, Leonson Lewis to name a few.
Call dem up!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2013, 05:46:39 PM »
Anybody else on here ever start responding to post and get ah sense of, deja vu (like if we beat de topic to ah frazzle ahready) or that yuh just wasting yuh dam time?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2013, 06:58:44 PM »
As a coach ..if I were to use Jones in my line up I would use him as a target man. His role would be to stay with the last man, he would create space and time for my other forward and the rest of the attack. He would always find himself  in dangerous space and would look much better because he would always be closer to the opponents goal. He is a very big target.. his large body mass would make close marking in tight spaces close to the goal very difficult. If he is the lone target man or with a strike partner, he would always  be deep (up the ladder) and all balls would  be played to him in the air during which time support (down ladder) would get nice layoffs.
Playing feet would not be the first choice of pass to this player. By playing direct air balls to him,would cause an  imbalances the center of the defence ..the central defenders would have  a difficult game because they would always be doing battle in the air against a large man who is technically good in the air.
We really don't want Jones outside the area trying to run at defenders..and we really don't need him to be trying to force headers goalward unless he's in the six yard box going forward. His primary role should be to provide depth, and space and time to create scoring opportunities for other attacking players. He would be my prime target in set plays not necessarily in forced goalward headers but also trying to set up somebody else.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2013, 02:38:10 AM »
As a coach ..if I were to use Jones in my line up I would use him as a target man. His role would be to stay with the last man, he would create space and time for my other forward and the rest of the attack. He would always find himself  in dangerous space and would look much better because he would always be closer to the opponents goal. He is a very big target.. his large body mass would make close marking in tight spaces close to the goal very difficult. If he is the lone target man or with a strike partner, he would always  be deep (up the ladder) and all balls would  be played to him in the air during which time support (down ladder) would get nice layoffs.
Playing feet would not be the first choice of pass to this player. By playing direct air balls to him,would cause an  imbalances the center of the defence ..the central defenders would have  a difficult game because they would always be doing battle in the air against a large man who is technically good in the air.
We really don't want Jones outside the area trying to run at defenders..and we really don't need him to be trying to force headers goalward unless he's in the six yard box going forward. His primary role should be to provide depth, and space and time to create scoring opportunities for other attacking players. He would be my prime target in set plays not necessarily in forced goalward headers but also trying to set up somebody else.

He is good in the air when he wants to be, other time he is all too easily out muscled or marked out of the game, sometimes marks himself out of the game by finding a CH and standing next to him.  The other problem is in that role a player has to hold / control the ball to give other players a chance, again he is more miss than hit in that area.  Movement has always been an issue with him, again caught on his heels too frequently rarely gets to front or back post anywhere near what he should, he is rarely caught offside for a player in his position.  All this has been done to death, he is what he is, he will never be what he could of been.  He had a glorious 6 months at Sunderland which set him up for life with a contract, over hyped yes as all players are but since then he has only shown cameo's of what he could do, why only he knows. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2013, 09:22:25 AM »
Dinner Mints..if you on here from long time...they did not like Yorke,latapy,Stern ,Cyd,Avery, Dog, Jack and others too

ENTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2013, 02:31:28 PM »
Jason Scotland is the TRUTH
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2013, 11:07:17 AM »
Jones is a streaky player, he scores in bunches when he gets on a roll, Playing 2 games for TnT and then comming back in 2 months to play another 2 games means he never finds his form and hence rarely scores.

Thats ok, he can take up space cause the defense problems and create some knock downs for the supporting striker.

I would still play him because the defense has to mark him and this will free up the next striker.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2013, 10:52:01 PM »
All this high expectation from a man who is not a striker..the man never played that position until the man went England..

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2013, 10:54:56 PM »
The coachman was a keeper and if he has to play now that's where he'll play but I sure the coachman could play striker..but the coachman is still a keeper.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2013, 10:32:45 AM »

To score on who? Smh allyuh good yes ::)

1]; } ?>