March 28, 2024, 06:30:03 AM

Author Topic: The Deon Lendore Thread  (Read 23915 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Deon Lendore Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2021, 07:09:35 PM »
I watched the race. He had 8th lane. He probably would've beaten Kirani if he had a better lane draw.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2021, 10:44:48 PM »
To bad he is fit when M Cedeno is injured they probably could have had a good 4 by 4.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2021, 11:26:54 PM »
To bad he is fit when M Cedeno is injured they probably could have had a good 4 by 4.

So is Cedenio going Tokyo or not ?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2022, 07:59:39 AM »
T&T Olympian Deon Lendore killed in car crash
https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/tt-olympian-deon-lendore-killed-in-car-crash-6.2.1438501.c8c26d17d0

Three-time T&T Olympian Deon Lendore has died in a car accident in Texas.

Just before midnight on Monday, news shocked social media that the T&T’s 2012 Olympic bronze medalist had died.

His event was the 400m sprint. His best time was 44:36.

Lendore represented T&T at three Olympic Games; London 2012, Rio 2016 and Tokyo 2020. The highlight of his career was his bronze medal at the London games where he was part of the quartet that won bronze in the event.

Lendore was also a World Championships silver medalist in the same event in 2015. He won three bronze medals in the World Indoor Championships while he was also a 4×400 bronze medalist at the Pan Am Games in Lima, Peru in 2019.

Lendore’s success at the highest level surprised few who knew him at the junior level. He had always shown promise. As a junior, he won three silver medals at the Pan Am Junior Championships and a silver at the CAC Games.

He went on to enjoy a flourishing career with Texas A&M University in the NCAA winning the famous Bowerman award in 2014.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2022, 09:57:47 AM »
World Athletics is deeply saddened to hear that Trinidad and Tobago’s Olympic and world 4x400m medallist Deon Lendore has died at the age of 29.

The three-time Olympian, who anchored his nation to relay bronze at the 2012 Games in London, also claimed two world indoor 400m bronze medals and a 4x400m medal of the same colour. This is such sad news! Condolences to his family!

https://www.worldathletics.org/news/news/deon-lendore-obituary
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2022, 01:34:45 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( No words. He did well in his short time here.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2 killed in head-on crash in north Houston, HPD says
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2022, 06:24:30 PM »
2 killed in head-on crash in north Houston, HPD says
By Jessica Willey (abc13.com)

At least two people are dead following a head-on crash involving multiple vehicles in north Houston.

Police said the crash happened Monday at 7:10 p.m. in the 11600 block of Bannister Lane. A Dodge truck was heading westbound on Little York, when the driver lost control, crossed the median and struck a Kia, which hit a tow truck that was towing another car.

A neighbor told ABC13 he heard four crashes right outside his house. He said he ran outside and called 911.

According to police, a woman that was ejected from the Dodge truck was pronounced dead at the scene. Meanwhile, the driver of the truck suffered minor injuries and was taken to the hospital.

The second person killed was the driver of the Kia. No other injuries were reported.

Police believe speed played a factor in the crash, but are still investigating.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2022, 08:28:56 PM »
RIP. This one is a tough one. I've been following him since he was 16 or so in Carifta. I watched him grow and improve throughout the years. He recently got back into good form and was back to regular training.

RIP Deon. Your bronze medal run in the 2012 Olympics made us as a nation proud.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2022, 01:17:06 AM »
Athletes deeply saddened by death of T&T Olympian Deon Lendore.
T&T Guardian Reports.

The 29-year-old Olympic and World 4x400 metres bronze medallist died in a car accident in Texas in the United States on Monday night.

The shocking news spread quickly across social media with many using several platforms, most of yesterday, to express their condolences on the tragic passing of the quarter-miler including President Paula-Mae Weekes, Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley, Minister of Sport and Community Development Shamfa Cudjoe, former Prime Minister and Opposition leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar and T&T Olympic Committee (TTOC) president Brian Lewis.

President Weekes stated that as patron of the TTOC, she extends condolences to the family, friends and fellow athletes of Lendore, continuing in the post, saying: “It can be said that Mr Lendore has fought the good fight and finished the race. It is up to us now to keep the faith by honouring and emulating his sterling achievements. Deon, a grateful, grieving nation wishes you eternal peace.”

Prime Minister shared that he was “shocked and saddened to hear of the untimely passing of Olympic and World medallist sprinter”.

“Mr Lendore represented T&T at the Olympic Games on three occasions, Tokyo 2020, Rio 2016 and London 2012 where he earned a bronze medal for the 4x400m. He was also a 2015 World Championships Silver medallist (4x400m), a three-time World Indoor Championships bronze medallist and a Pan-Am Games bronze medallist.

“I extend heartfelt condolences to his family and join the national community in mourning.”

According to an online news report on ABC13 about the accident, Lendore, later identified, was one of two people who died following a head-on crash involving multiple vehicles in north Houston.

It said: “Police said the crash happened Monday at 7.10 pm in the 11600 block of Bannister Lane. A Dodge truck was heading westbound on Little York, when the driver lost control, crossed the median and struck a Kia, which hit a tow truck that was towing another car.

“A neighbour told ABC13 he heard four crashes right outside his house. He said he ran outside and called 911.

“According to police, a woman that was ejected from the Dodge truck was pronounced dead at the scene. Meanwhile, the driver of the truck suffered minor injuries and was taken to the hospital.

“The second person killed (Lendore) was the driver of the Kia. No other injuries were reported.

“Police believe speed played a factor in the crash, but are still investigating.”

Lendore was a three-time Olympian, who anchored T&T to a bronze in the men’s 4x400 metres relay at the 2012 London Games in England. He also claimed two World Indoor 400m bronze medals in Birmingham, England in 2018 and 2016 in Portland, USA, also bagging a bronze in the 4x400m.

Sports Minister Cudjoe stated that “on behalf of the Government and people of T&T, we salute Lendore for his tremendous contributions to the development and promotion of athletics. Lendore was truly an inspiration to all of us and has proudly represented this country. He epitomised hope and joy each time his feet landed on the track. He was indeed a trailblazer, a life gone too soon. We thank him for everything he has done and for giving distinguished and diligent service to T&T. May his soul rest in eternal peace.”

On Facebook, Persad-Bissessar posted: “The news that Olympic hero Deon Lendore has tragically passed away has met me with tremendous sadness. A three-time Olympian Deon made every citizen of our nation proud when he brought home the bronze medal in the 4x400m in London 2012.

“T&T has sadly lost an outstanding athlete and a true national hero. I extend my deepest condolences to Deon’s family and friends as well as to all those in the track and field fraternity.”

Of the three-time Olympian - representing at the 2012 London Olympic Games, the 2016 Olympic Games in Brazil and the Tokyo Olympic Games in Japan last year - Lewis in a video tribute said: “There are no words to describe this loss. Deon Lendore has been an inspiration to many young people, not only in track and field, but in T&T. His commitment to country to his team, to his friend, to his family and to his colleague and to his sport has been enormous. He has been someone who regardless of adversity and obstacles, he has persevered. He has been very committed to Team TTO.”

“I extend sincerest and deepest condolences to his family, to his friends, to his colleagues, to his club in T&T Abilene (Wildcats), we at the TTOC has had a very close relationship with Deon over the years and for me to simply say the words, may he rest in peace, is surreal. Deon Lendore gone too soon, rest in eternal peace young man, only God knows.”

Lendore of Arima, who attended Queen’s Royal College (QRC) and the Texas A&M University, leaves to mourn his mother and sister.

Tributes from around the world on social media

World Athletics - “World Athletics is deeply saddened to hear that T&T’s Olympic and world 4x400m medallist Deon Lendore has died at the age of 29.”

Dwight St Hillaire - “I express my absolute condolences to his loved ones and family. He was one of my greatest motivator, friend and supporter, believing in things I couldn’t see myself. His legacy will live on through us, the track and field community of the country.”

Jasper Gray - “I was JUST with you YESTERDAY! To think I would never get to see U again, never get to warm me up with your natural body heat, never get to watch U run around a track again or cheer U on at the Olympics/World Champs again breaks me to pieces. I will always love U.”

Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce - “Our sport has lost a talented and great athlete. My sincere condolences to his family and friends. Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce - “Our sport has lost a talented and great athlete. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Alex Caruso (Chicago Bulls point guard, Texas A&M alum) - “Truly tragic.. Damn man.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2022, 02:42:58 PM »
What a loss, a Trinbago hero with so much left to give. Condolences to his loved ones.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2022, 07:39:49 PM »
I wanted to just stop by and say I understand now when people say journalism is dead (esp in TNT). The article which was written by the Guardian contains info I erroneously tweeted as the accident which took Deon. Bad info was given to me but I corrected it. Deon's car was a VW Jetta. The other article happened but was not related to Deon's accident since it was in Houston, TX. Deon lived in College Station, TX

The Guardian saw what I tweeted, inserted Deon as the "driver of the Kia" and ran it as a STORY!

GOD HELP US.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2022, 11:57:42 PM »
I wanted to just stop by and say I understand now when people say journalism is dead (esp in TNT). The article which was written by the Guardian contains info I erroneously tweeted as the accident which took Deon. Bad info was given to me but I corrected it. Deon's car was a VW Jetta. The other article happened but was not related to Deon's accident since it was in Houston, TX. Deon lived in College Station, TX

The Guardian saw what I tweeted, inserted Deon as the "driver of the Kia" and ran it as a STORY!

GOD HELP US.
Yeah, none of what I was reading up there lined up with numerous other reports. Thought it was new information or something.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2022, 01:26:39 AM »

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2022, 01:45:56 AM »

GOD HELP US.
A.B. Not journalism alone in TNT! Sad though :(
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 01:47:54 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2022, 12:17:43 AM »
May Deon Soul Rest In Paradise. It is real sad. The QRC fraternity is grieving. Please forum, tell you loved ones You love them when ever You in conversation. You are here today and gone tomorrow. Love You Forumites :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2022, 11:34:27 AM »
Was watching the New Balance meet yesterday. The commentator gave a shout out to Deon Lendore and acknowledge his untimely passing. 

Btw. .
Jereem ran a pb in the 400m indoor. He looks very good for an indoor medal in the 400m. Now third on the world top list for the 400m.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2022, 10:13:10 AM »
Live stream to celebrate Deon Lendore's life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL3-jbyEdR8

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2022, 07:14:56 PM »
What a loss! May he rest in peace

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2022, 01:48:06 PM »
RIP Deon and forever thankful for your contribution towards T&T Track & Field.  :salute:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>