April 23, 2024, 07:18:59 AM

Author Topic: Senior men to start Caribbean Cup qualifiers vs Anguilla.  (Read 3594 times)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Senior men to start Caribbean Cup qualifiers vs Anguilla.
« on: August 21, 2012, 04:29:54 PM »
Senior men to start Caribbean Cup qualifiers vs Anguilla.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior men’s team will begin their qualification for the 2012 Caribbean Football Union Cup against Anguilla at Warner Park, St Kitts/Nevis on October 10, 2012.

This was revealed in an advisory from the Caribbean Football Union on Monday. Initially the qualifying group was scheduled for September but a change has come about which would now have the matches played between October 10-15 which are FIFA match dates.

French Guiana has replaced St Martin. T&T will also face French Guiana on October 12 and St Kitts/Nevis two days later.

The group winner will advance to round two in Cuba from which two teams will advance to the Caribbean Cup Finals in Antigua later this year. Only defending champions Jamaica and hosts Antigua are already through to the eight-nation Finals.

The Caribbean Cup serves as a qualifying tournament for the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup with the teams vying for four spots out of the Caribbean.

T&T interim head coach Hutson Charles will be monitoring the progress of the home-based players at the start of the TT Pro League next month and will also consider his options involving some of T&T’s overseas-based pros.

“The dates have been pushed back because initially we were expecting this tournament to be played in September. It means we have a few extra days but still our preparation will remain on stream because these matches are important for the team to be able to come together more as a unit as we look ahead to the later matches,” Charles told TTFF Media.

“We need to get past this first round by topping the group. Getting to the CONCACAF Gold Cup is big on our agenda at this stage,” Charles added. T&T will play a friendly away to Puerto Rico in September.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:46:37 PM by Flex »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Senior Men to Start Caribbean Cup Qualifiers vs Anguilla
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 04:32:19 PM »
St Kitts will probably be tricky, especially in St Kitts.  French Guiana will be tough to read, they will be coming off the Coupe de l'Outre-mer (local-based only playing against other French territories in France) but have started bringing in some professionals from France as well who will probably make it more interesting.  Anguilla, I'm sorry to say, should not be any problem for T&T (though I hope they can at least make things interesting).

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 05:18:13 PM »
ANG-FAWKING-GUILLA!!!!

This is what we come down to.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 05:24:00 PM »
St Kitts will probably be tricky, especially in St Kitts.  French Guiana will be tough to read, they will be coming off the Coupe de l'Outre-mer (local-based only playing against other French territories in France) but have started bringing in some professionals from France as well who will probably make it more interesting.  Anguilla, I'm sorry to say, should not be any problem for T&T (though I hope they can at least make things interesting).

Oh me of little faith ; doh be sure that they will not be a problem. They way we playing with we local professional team, every team we play is a major hurdle to overcome. If we run a practice today  against the girls U15  we go have some issues in setting up for offensive  prowess. Long gone are the days where we could go into a game and say yeah three points. Look we had some top  pros in the line up against Guyana... and steups we could not even match them with farts!!!! We tata we self .

If we want to continue to experiment with  under skilled players we will continue to pay the price. Bring in teh very very best of players overseas on trials... set the tone ...mash up some opposition and then leh we go from dey. Get some confidence and  have a decisive win to build from. Doh try  crap and deflate an already bruised football ego by playing sub par players  through underestimating the opposition and them we run back here humiliated and deflated.

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Senior men to start Caribbean Cup qualifiers vs Anguilla.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 04:07:28 AM »
we need at foreign coach.... And a good scout team... the country needs to be back on the map again....

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 06:03:34 AM »

Oh me of little faith ; doh be sure that they will not be a problem. They way we playing with we local professional team, every team we play is a major hurdle to overcome. If we run a practice today  against the girls U15  we go have some issues in setting up for offensive  prowess. Long gone are the days where we could go into a game and say yeah three points. Look we had some top  pros in the line up against Guyana... and steups we could not even match them with farts!!!! We tata we self .

If we want to continue to experiment with  under skilled players we will continue to pay the price. Bring in teh very very best of players overseas on trials... set the tone ...mash up some opposition and then leh we go from dey. Get some confidence and  have a decisive win to build from. Doh try  crap and deflate an already bruised football ego by playing sub par players  through underestimating the opposition and them we run back here humiliated and deflated.

Send the TTFF a check to run the football...dais all.

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 06:04:09 AM »
we need at foreign coach.... And a good scout team... the country needs to be back on the map again....

What we need is for Jack Warner to stop f**king with the football and allow ANil to cut the checks.  These two f**kers still mesing up the football

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 07:07:02 AM »
Do you guys know Where exactly is a full schedule of the 2012 CFU? I look all over the internet and can't find one. I want to know What teams play what teams and where?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 09:58:21 AM by truehaitian »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 10:26:27 AM »
Do you guys know Where exactly is a full schedule of the 2012 CFU? I look all over the internet and can't find one. I want to know What teams play what teams and where?

This question has a far more reaching question. When will the CFU become a an outfit that can truly give rise to Caribbean Football?
This is 2012  and If you go on their website under competitions, there is no listing for competitions in 2012. It stops at 2011. Now tell me!
Just perhaps (play along), I was a sponsor looking for a potential sporting market, I check the site "ah well nothing scheduled for 2012."
Just perhaps (play along), I am a club looking at planning a schedule / team selection / player release etc, I check  CFU 2012 competition schedule. Ah good no competitons, no players need to be released. I am sure everyone gets my drift. My apology needed to vent :pissedoff:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 02:03:36 PM »
No way we winning that. 3-1 loss
Hart for president

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 02:39:08 PM »
No way we winning that. 3-1 loss

Change yuh handle  :bs:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 02:55:14 PM »

This question has a far more reaching question. When will the CFU become a an outfit that can truly give rise to Caribbean Football?
This is 2012  and If you go on their website under competitions, there is no listing for competitions in 2012. It stops at 2011. Now tell me!
Just perhaps (play along), I was a sponsor looking for a potential sporting market, I check the site "ah well nothing scheduled for 2012."
Just perhaps (play along), I am a club looking at planning a schedule / team selection / player release etc, I check  CFU 2012 competition schedule. Ah good no competitons, no players need to be released. I am sure everyone gets my drift. My apology needed to vent :pissedoff:

Dat CFU website has been ah waste of time since inception.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 03:09:22 PM »

Dat CFU website has been ah waste of time since inception.

What if dey make yuh ah offer yuh cyar refuse?  Flex go kill yuh  ;D
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 05:39:03 AM »
Hudson looking at his options at Overseas pros- He does not have to look far. Cato- Mitchell- James- Molino.
 I doubt the Europeans in the midst of the season will release their players. Make Me Mum the captain and look at other MLS players.

Offline StarKid

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 02:12:47 PM »
have strong feeling things will turn around soon for trinidad football. we go reach gold cup

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 04:46:18 PM »
have strong feeling things will turn around soon for trinidad football. we go reach gold cup
Ah feeling yuh on the optimism, but truth be told success is not a pipe dream, but rather hard work and lots of financial support. we just can't continue to ignore the fact that spending money and proper planning is a key component in order to ensure success.

man can't keep playing friendlies with c teams and expect to move forward. how often does the USA play friendlies without donavan dempsey howard and altidore? if we are to move forward, all these duncey crock in T&T need to do is model the team after the US mens teams, simple.

it eh have no body wid sense on that whole fackin island or what?? weh de fack goin on here!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 05:55:37 PM »
If is that Inter-col team from the game in south florida last week against Canada;roll and come again don't waste my time and everybody who care about T&T football.The truth is if collectively no one wants to fix football in Trini we might as well scrap it and save ourselves further Embarrassment.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 06:31:38 PM »
This scheduling is horrible!! Every site has something different! We're lucky we get in the only group who has it together. Also, why did Cayman Islands drop out?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 06:38:13 AM »
Well we need Friendlies against Bermuda- Guyana- then El salvador - Peru- Venezuela. Anton did say somewhere on this site that the Under 23's are the answer. Let us use them on the way forward.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 08:38:21 AM »
This site has one, I'm not sure its accurate (though this guy usually is right)
http://www.natiosuriname.com/2012/08/suriname-begint-caribbean-cup-tegen.html

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 03:38:08 PM »
Here's a full schedule!

First Round

Group 1

To be played 5-12 September.

Haiti
    Bermuda
    Puerto Rico
    St. Martin

Group 2

Schedule to be decided.

St. Lucia
    Curacao
    Guyana
    St. Vincent & the Grenadines.

The dates have not yet decided due to Guyana's World Cup qualifying commitments.

Group 3

To be played 3-10 September.

Martinique
    British Virgin Islands
    Suriname
    Montserrat

Group 4

To be played 22-29 September

Barbados
    Aruba
    Dominica
    Dominican Republic

Group 5

To be played 8-15 October.

St. Kitts & Nevis
    Anguilla
    Trinidad & Tobago
    French Guiana

Second Round

Group 6

To be played 18-25 October

Grenada
    Winner of Group 1
    Winner of Group 2
    Best runner-up from Group 4 or 5

Group 7

To be played 21-28 October

Guadeloupe
    Winner of Group 3
    Winner of Group 4
    Runner-up of Group 1

Group 8

To be played 24-31 October

Cuba
    Winner of Group 5
    Runner-up of Group 2
    Runner-up of Group 3

Group 8 matches are to be hosted in Trinidad and Tobago.

Final Round

Dates to be played 1-16 December 2012

Group A

Antigua & Barbuda
    Winner of Group 6
    Winner of Group 8
    Runner-up of Group 7

Group B

Jamaica
    Winner of Group 7
    Runner-up of Group 6
    Runner-up Group 8