March 28, 2024, 04:29:35 PM

Author Topic: Romney is Boss!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 17101 times)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Romney is Boss!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2012, 06:23:11 AM »
No real importance to me (American politics), but what has President Obama really accomplish during his term? Has anything substantial really improved for the average American? Notice I didn't say black American as he's supposed to represent Yanks in general.

I too got caught up in the Obama hype from the start! Love the man, the way he does chip and you won't find a better public speaker. Is there more? if nothing, he's a good "face" for America overseas.

It will be a very close race.
Breds, if ah man busy selling all his important belongings, refinancing his home, and breaking piggy banks in his home left and right just to keep food on his table and a roof over his family's head, what could he possibly accomplish??

like allyuh eh get it or what, obama is the only president since roosevelt to inherit ah spiraling nose diving economy!! had it not been for the obama team of financial wizards, and the input of warren buffett the country would have went into a second depression! right now we still not out the woods and obama fighting tooth and nail to fully recover the economy.

i believe the question every body should be asking iz, what did the republicans did for this country in the last 100 yrs?? and the answer to that would be (without the exception of reagan) nothing!!!  hoover crashed the country, roosevelt and truman had to rebuild it, ike was an OK president, but he failed on ah lot of social issues that Kennedy and johnson had to mop up.

nixon and ford did absolutely nothing, but spend on the damn war, carter also inherited ah mess, then reagan came and did ah hell of a lot of spending, even though he stabilized the economy, now i could understand reagan bc he was thinking ahead (future developments that we enjoy today) plus he crash the russians program, (very smart fella), but by the time he left office we were heavily in debt. papa bush came and also spend money we didn't have, and by the time bill clinton assumed office we were in the biggest deficit in the history of the country.

clinton however (the economic genius that he was) not only stabilize the economy, but for the first time in the history of this great land we were not in debt, matter of fact, we had ah surplus. then came this monkey face moron name W. bush, as his first act in office, he introduced an economic stimulus bc the economy was not jumping as it should, so there went the surplus, and then came 911.

before 911 money was running in this place like water, i had a partnership in two businesses and a lucrative hustle, man was making real cheese and fellas was bathing in coins, then this thing happened.

the small business community in lower manhattan didn't know what the hell hit them, and they started falling of like flies. my lady friend from italy had a restaurant right in the heart of soho, not too far from ground zero, he started to nose dive only being able to pay her overhead, but recorded no profits for almost 4 yrs then she sadly went under when the land lord raised her rent right up under her.

now bush did sh!t for these  business owners in lower manhattan, he didn't even prop them up just a little. instead he gave tax breaks to the already well to do southern "wealthy" big business community! he catered for big cooperation's but ignored the moms and pop business nation wide ( who IMO are the business backbone of any society).

he then went to iraq that had nothing to do with 911, lied and convince everyone that saddam hosein had "weapons of mass bull sh!t"! he sent the young men of this land to die in the most basic of ways (IED's) home made bombs with a primitive electronic device bc we didn't have the proper armored vehicles to absorb the impact, these boys didn't even have proper protective gear/ flak jackets ( bullet proof vest). 

so this turkey, apart from not helping business owners who was directly affected by 911, he also send young men to die "unprepared" with inferior equipment (now if obama had done that you would have never heard the end of it, it would have went down in the history books as the worst atrocity in US soil ), he rushed into a war that we had no business in, he also lied to the people saying the war was over when in fact it was not, it had just begun, (mission accomplished my arse).

so here we are in a war on two fronts. now if you asked me, we also had no right in afghanistan, they could have killed bin laden without going to war with the taliban, as they evidently shown, after all, their only beef with the taliban was, give us bin laden or else! very diplomatic fella that W. wasn't he ?

while in iraq, this man brought in all the big mega bucks texan construction CO's haliburten, and KBR, of which the vice president had financial interest, and he spend the country into the ground crippling the economy in the process, apart from that the deregulation of the major financial institutions around the country including insurance and mortgage CO's was the straw that broke the country's back, and before you know it, boom the economy came crashing down.

now what yuh want from obama? the man inherit two wars, ah villian, ah treasure chest of mad angry men in the desert, an economy in ah coma, over spending leading to the worst deficit in US history and domestic mayhem from new mexico to maine. after the former president inherited the biggest surplus in the country's history, how could this man get anything done is beyond me.

there was a time when i was worried that we were definitely heading for another depression, bc i've seen companies that was doing great without warning crashed, including my wife's company, of which he was out of a job for almost two yrs.

my businesses went belly up, my hustle dried up, and i was living off my savings, do you know how many ppl that happened too?? and now thank god for obama the economy is on the road to recovery the country back on it's feet and the population are back to work with the economy's slowly building.

and now these ppl have the nerve to ask, WHAT HAS OBAMA ACCOMPLISHED ? my God if that is not ingratitude then i don't know what else is! 

please ppl allyuh need to stop and think for a moment and be glad canada didn't pass in the domino effect, bc when america farts canada smells it, so instead of asking what he did, just say think you barry for keeping me employed.

In short he's accomplished nothing?

Kinda sounding like the PP Govt In Trinbago... blaming everything on the previous administration. Forget for a second what Mr Obama inherited, what did he do that was promised during the last campaign?

Here's one for you... If Obama wasn't black would you have as much passion for a white Obama?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2012, 06:54:59 AM »
In short he's accomplished nothing?

Kinda sounding like the PP Govt In Trinbago... blaming everything on the previous administration. Forget for a second what Mr Obama inherited, what did he do that was promised during the last campaign?

Here's one for you... If Obama wasn't black would you have as much passion for a white Obama?

I would agree that he has accomplished nothing but unlike trini the opposition republicans have substantial sway in the formation of policy in the states given the distribution of seats in Congress and the Senate and used it with a vengance.........how much can really be done without some level of bipartisanship..........bipartisanship that is denied, it would seem for everything other than merit.........although I think he deferred and pandered too much to them on several issues anyway............but he have to be d first president dat facinmg a situation where men deliberately tryin to make america fail to show him up as a failure.

ah truly hope dat if d repubs win dey could climb america out dat hole dey diggin to bury Obama, but given d worsening state of the world economy................
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 06:59:27 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2012, 10:15:30 AM »
Seven stats facing the black voter:

27 percent of black Americans now live in poverty, a two percent increase since 2009.

According to last month’s Bureau of Labor Statistics report, the unemployment rate for black Americans now stands at a staggering 14.1 percent, a figure well above the already high national unemployment rate of 8.3 percent.

White Americans now have 22 times more wealth than black Americans, a figure that has nearly doubled during the recession. According to the Census, in 2010, media household net worth for whites totaled $110,729. For blacks, the figure was $4,995.
From June 2009 to June 2012, real median annual household income for blacks fell 11.1 percent from $36,567 down to $32,498. The drop for whites was 5.2 percent and 4.1 percent for Hispanics.

According to the Census, 26.4 percent of households who report receiving food stamp assistance are African American, despite the fact that black Americans constitute just 13 percent of the total population.

A study by the AARP found that home foreclosure rates for African American borrowers over the age of 50 were almost double those of whites.

High school graduation rates, which strongly influence income and job hiring, continue to vary widely by race. A recent study found the following on-time high school graduation rates: 91.8 percent of Asian students, 82 percent of whites, 65.9 percent of Hispanic students, and 63.5 percent of African American students.

27% African americans living in Poverty? and 14.1 % unemployed? and african americans still supporting this Bullerman? maybe dey like free money....  even the mexicans who cya speak english doing better? JC wey allyuh fellas think bout dem stats.. I feal they lieing dey man .. dais no true stats...

war

those stats plus the continued unconditional support for obama in de black community speak to how low de standards have become. is a spineless lot that vote for him. even when he backtracking from campaign promises, dese fools continue to support him unconditionally.

and de second act coming - after gay marriage is group marriage next. ah see two articles on this already. is not enough to have two man getting married, now is three and four that want to marry. steups.
You and rajesh can't be serious! allyuh blaming obama for the lasting effects of slavery and jim crowe now??

when obama inherit this mess black ppl was already in dire straights, so allyuh expect obama tuh wave ah wand, and not only fix the economy dat the republicans crashed, but also fix ah disparity that's as old as the country it self??

I am not an obama fan in the least, but fair is fair! the truth is, black ppl was always livin under the poverty line under every administration before obama! next thing allyuh go say is dat obama responsible for the prison stats where black ppl is concerned.

the both ah yuhs need to stretch allyuh bottom lip over allyuh fackin dunce head and leave it there till the day of judgement, bc nothing allyuh ever say on this forum ever ever ever make ah fackin lick ah sense! and while yuh @ it, take elen and KND wid allyuh! maybe allyuh could find something useful tuh do, like form ah quartet of sh!t talkers.

back up padnah, yuh take a wrong turn. no talk about slavery in any of this. yuh getting on like biden. my comments were to draw a connection between obama's "base" of supporters and their particular reality over the last four years. the disconnect demonstrates how irrational the support for obama is.

as jumbie rightly pointed out, things for americans generally are worse. people have a short memory for what obama promised and FAILED to do, particularly in the economic realm. it was his decision to ignore his own economic advisors' advice - that is on obama and people giving him a pass if they bother to remember at all. that is unacceptable.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2012, 11:49:42 AM »
Ribbit, specify what economic advice did he ignore?

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2012, 12:01:31 PM »
Ribbit, specify what economic advice did he ignore?

two most well known are advice on handling the debt and the size of stimulus. expect zero accountability with obama.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2012, 12:14:51 PM »
Justc**t I eh go get caught wid who hate who. I is an Indian and am proud to be an Indian just as you is proud to be "black" or whatever you call yourself. as for me You dont know me.. I hate no one But battyman like you. Nigger coolie argument yu eh guh ketch this indian in dat type of argument but I go defend my people"indian" to di max cya mi nuh push over.. yu see wey mi sig say? dais for people like you.... I have 8 sisters who is douglas, I got 3 African american bredda in laws, I have about 15 cousins who is douglas,  dey all say they is Indian even the ones we have in Jamaica... so as for me hating someone because of his or her skin colour  dais not me bredda.. I hate faggots like you dais bout it...  The problem wid you is dat you never get a facking hard hand from an indian yet , because dem indians innah Trinidad soft , but dont test a f**kin Yardman Indian , dey hit u innah a f**king rush boi... innah rush before yu quink , watap!!!!!!!  and I have dat blood in mi .. trust mi.. anyway  from today you gone pon mi ignore list cause you f**kin dunce and I eh wah read you comments or your love letters yu does be sending. so when me eh respond to you dont dig nuh horrors, is I jes cya see wey yu writing because Yu dey pon mi ignore list...  Mi tiad a yu fukery and who eh like who, and who taking from yu people and such such if I keep this up I might tek a plane and come over they and f**k yu up jes for spite suh lemme jes hold a meddi and jes chill.. wish you di best , go find yourself a nice "black" woman breeed she gave she sum children and gave dem sum nice african names and be proud of who you are and stop trying to be white...

Mrwarmonga
Romney is di f**king Boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Black Lives Matter..

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2012, 12:30:52 PM »
No real importance to me (American politics), but what has President Obama really accomplish during his term? Has anything substantial really improved for the average American? Notice I didn't say black American as he's supposed to represent Yanks in general.

I too got caught up in the Obama hype from the start! Love the man, the way he does chip and you won't find a better public speaker. Is there more? if nothing, he's a good "face" for America overseas.

It will be a very close race.
Breds, if ah man busy selling all his important belongings, refinancing his home, and breaking piggy banks in his home left and right just to keep food on his table and a roof over his family's head, what could he possibly accomplish??

like allyuh eh get it or what, obama is the only president since roosevelt to inherit ah spiraling nose diving economy!! had it not been for the obama team of financial wizards, and the input of warren buffett the country would have went into a second depression! right now we still not out the woods and obama fighting tooth and nail to fully recover the economy.

i believe the question every body should be asking iz, what did the republicans did for this country in the last 100 yrs?? and the answer to that would be (without the exception of reagan) nothing!!!  hoover crashed the country, roosevelt and truman had to rebuild it, ike was an OK president, but he failed on ah lot of social issues that Kennedy and johnson had to mop up.

nixon and ford did absolutely nothing, but spend on the damn war, carter also inherited ah mess, then reagan came and did ah hell of a lot of spending, even though he stabilized the economy, now i could understand reagan bc he was thinking ahead (future developments that we enjoy today) plus he crash the russians program, (very smart fella), but by the time he left office we were heavily in debt. papa bush came and also spend money we didn't have, and by the time bill clinton assumed office we were in the biggest deficit in the history of the country.

clinton however (the economic genius that he was) not only stabilize the economy, but for the first time in the history of this great land we were not in debt, matter of fact, we had ah surplus. then came this monkey face moron name W. bush, as his first act in office, he introduced an economic stimulus bc the economy was not jumping as it should, so there went the surplus, and then came 911.

before 911 money was running in this place like water, i had a partnership in two businesses and a lucrative hustle, man was making real cheese and fellas was bathing in coins, then this thing happened.

the small business community in lower manhattan didn't know what the hell hit them, and they started falling of like flies. my lady friend from italy had a restaurant right in the heart of soho, not too far from ground zero, he started to nose dive only being able to pay her overhead, but recorded no profits for almost 4 yrs then she sadly went under when the land lord raised her rent right up under her.

now bush did sh!t for these  business owners in lower manhattan, he didn't even prop them up just a little. instead he gave tax breaks to the already well to do southern "wealthy" big business community! he catered for big cooperation's but ignored the moms and pop business nation wide ( who IMO are the business backbone of any society).

he then went to iraq that had nothing to do with 911, lied and convince everyone that saddam hosein had "weapons of mass bull sh!t"! he sent the young men of this land to die in the most basic of ways (IED's) home made bombs with a primitive electronic device bc we didn't have the proper armored vehicles to absorb the impact, these boys didn't even have proper protective gear/ flak jackets ( bullet proof vest). 

so this turkey, apart from not helping business owners who was directly affected by 911, he also send young men to die "unprepared" with inferior equipment (now if obama had done that you would have never heard the end of it, it would have went down in the history books as the worst atrocity in US soil ), he rushed into a war that we had no business in, he also lied to the people saying the war was over when in fact it was not, it had just begun, (mission accomplished my arse).

so here we are in a war on two fronts. now if you asked me, we also had no right in afghanistan, they could have killed bin laden without going to war with the taliban, as they evidently shown, after all, their only beef with the taliban was, give us bin laden or else! very diplomatic fella that W. wasn't he ?

while in iraq, this man brought in all the big mega bucks texan construction CO's haliburten, and KBR, of which the vice president had financial interest, and he spend the country into the ground crippling the economy in the process, apart from that the deregulation of the major financial institutions around the country including insurance and mortgage CO's was the straw that broke the country's back, and before you know it, boom the economy came crashing down.

now what yuh want from obama? the man inherit two wars, ah villian, ah treasure chest of mad angry men in the desert, an economy in ah coma, over spending leading to the worst deficit in US history and domestic mayhem from new mexico to maine. after the former president inherited the biggest surplus in the country's history, how could this man get anything done is beyond me.

there was a time when i was worried that we were definitely heading for another depression, bc i've seen companies that was doing great without warning crashed, including my wife's company, of which he was out of a job for almost two yrs.

my businesses went belly up, my hustle dried up, and i was living off my savings, do you know how many ppl that happened too?? and now thank god for obama the economy is on the road to recovery the country back on it's feet and the population are back to work with the economy's slowly building.

and now these ppl have the nerve to ask, WHAT HAS OBAMA ACCOMPLISHED ? my God if that is not ingratitude then i don't know what else is! 

please ppl allyuh need to stop and think for a moment and be glad canada didn't pass in the domino effect, bc when america farts canada smells it, so instead of asking what he did, just say think you barry for keeping me employed.

jc, check dat history yuh have there.

if only you held de democrats to de same standard as de republicans. truth is kennedy was a real 4kup when it comes to military matters and strategy. vietnam aside, dis clown almost cause a nuclear war!! is only his assassination dat have man painting halo around kennedy - he was a psycho worst than dubya. read what people know now about 61, is a real mess he almost cause there and is blind luck dat prevent a nuclear showdown. blind luck and an assassination actually. if he had stayed in power is no telling what madness woulda happen elsewhere. and that is de democrats yuh defending.

as for de economy, ah doh think is improving like yuh say it is. if is improving for you fine. ah have some people in nj, ca and fla and is looking grim. and is de young people feeling it especially. youths cyah find their first real job and all ah hear from obama the last 4 years is "blame bush" with a harvard accent. is time to blame obama.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2012, 01:06:17 PM »
back up padnah, yuh take a wrong turn. no talk about slavery in any of this. yuh getting on like biden. my comments were to draw a connection between obama's "base" of supporters and their particular reality over the last four years. the disconnect demonstrates how irrational the support for obama is.

as jumbie rightly pointed out, things for americans generally are worse. people have a short memory for what obama promised and FAILED to do, particularly in the economic realm. it was his decision to ignore his own economic advisors' advice - that is on obama and people giving him a pass if they bother to remember at all. that is unacceptable.

Like JC I not overly enamored with Obama but your indignation of the unacceptability of black people to call Obama to task for black people suffering the most from a bad economy is a cheap shot.

AS JC said, it is no surprise that black people suffer more than whites during the recession. Poor people always suffer more and blacks are disproprtionately poorer, less educated and have fewer opportunities than whites. The factors that contribute to this are myriad and have a long history, dating back to slavery.

More importantly blacks don’t necessarily support Obama, they would vote democratic with or without Obama. The economy does not have to be THE decision point for blacks. Even if it was it would only be held against Obama if the Republicans could make the point that they would somehow do better for the economy in general or for blacks specifically.

There is nothing in the Romney-Ryan (or Obama-Biden for that matter) platform that addresses structural economic issues or suggessts that the economy would be better as a result of a new adminsitration. The previous republican adminsitration, advisors and administrators who would fill a Romney cabinet, was no better at the economy than the Obama administration is now.

So if the economy is a wash between both parties, what is Romney-Ryan and Republicans in general offering blacks?
For the past four years they have treated blacks to a show of simmering white resentment, where a sitting President has largely been described as “other” and “un-American”. The basis for this has often been the implementation of policies that had previously been endorsed by either wholly endorsed by republicans or been recognized as being part of the American political debate.

And then the general approach to the poor and blacks by Republican establishment has been to enact laws that make it more difficult for them to register and vote. This is not the action of a party that will do SO  much better for blacks.

So Obama failed on his promise. Which politicain has or does? Is Romney-Ryan being somehow more realistic in its promise of US energy independence?
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2012, 03:09:57 PM »
3-4 years!

Fly your flag buddy. Is only here you could kerry orn like that. I'm a grown man with no need to tote feelings, especially when it comes to the ramblings on the internet.

You're a "grown man"... what yuh want fuh that, a cookie?  I guess that counts for achievement in your world.  For somebody who claim they too 'grown' to tote feelings yuh sure carrying on like a bitch, seeing that I had nothing to say to you before your unprompted attempt to throw shade.  It is evident that my "ramblings on the internet" have a greater effect on you than yuh willing to admit.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2012, 04:26:01 AM »
3-4 years!

Fly your flag buddy. Is only here you could kerry orn like that. I'm a grown man with no need to tote feelings, especially when it comes to the ramblings on the internet.

You're a "grown man"... what yuh want fuh that, a cookie?  I guess that counts for achievement in your world.  For somebody who claim they too 'grown' to tote feelings yuh sure carrying on like a bitch, seeing that I had nothing to say to you before your unprompted attempt to throw shade.  It is evident that my "ramblings on the internet" have a greater effect on you than yuh willing to admit.
Boy i does try tuh reason wid these men, but they just can't get it. ah guess dat is to be expected when ah man drink too much rum and consume plenty pig sout, it does dampen their spiritual vision and cloud their overstanding. 

i don't intend to waste no mo time trying to reason wid these bredders nah, i think i might have ah better shot @ teaching ah donkey tuh run backwards.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 06:26:18 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2012, 04:47:11 AM »
Rajesh, why yuh doh hush yuh mout and let ppl like yuh?? all this nonsense yuh spilling, even crapaud making more sense than yuh.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2012, 11:18:50 AM »
Boy i does try tuh reason wid these men, but they just can't get it. ah guess dat is to be expected when ah man drink too much rum and consume plenty pig sout, it does dampen their spiritual vision and cloud their over standing. 

i don't intend to waste no mo time trying to reason wid these bredders nah, i think i might have ah better shot @ teaching ah donkey tuh run backwards.

You think I have facking Jumbie to study?  I doh even remember ever having words with he... which means he toting feelings over talk I had with some next man from years ago, but he's ah "grown man".  The fact that any of these clowns could say with a straight face that Obama eh accomplish anything is enough reason to smile at them and move on.

truetrini

« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2012, 02:20:23 PM »
Justc**t I eh go get caught wid who hate who. I is an Indian and am proud to be an Indian just as you is proud to be "black" or whatever you call yourself. as for me You dont know me.. I hate no one But battyman like you. Nigger coolie argument yu eh guh ketch this indian in dat type of argument but I go defend my people"indian" to di max cya mi nuh push over.. yu see wey mi sig say? dais for people like you.... I have 8 sisters who is douglas, I got 3 African american bredda in laws, I have about 15 cousins who is douglas,  dey all say they is Indian even the ones we have in Jamaica... so as for me hating someone because of his or her skin colour  dais not me bredda.. I hate faggots like you dais bout it...  The problem wid you is dat you never get a facking hard hand from an indian yet , because dem indians innah Trinidad soft , but dont test a f**kin Yardman Indian , dey hit u innah a f**king rush boi... innah rush before yu quink , watap!!!!!!!  and I have dat blood in mi .. trust mi.. anyway  from today you gone pon mi ignore list cause you f**kin dunce and I eh wah read you comments or your love letters yu does be sending. so when me eh respond to you dont dig nuh horrors, is I jes cya see wey yu writing because Yu dey pon mi ignore list...  Mi tiad a yu f**kery and who eh like who, and who taking from yu people and such such if I keep this up I might tek a plane and come over they and f**k yu up jes for spite suh lemme jes hold a meddi and jes chill.. wish you di best , go find yourself a nice "black" woman breeed she gave she sum children and gave dem sum nice african names and be proud of who you are and stop trying to be white...

Mrwarmonga
Romney is di f**king Boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boss listen to me clearly and carefully, if any ah we wanted to hear from ah ASSHOLE one ah we woulda fart...so  shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2012, 09:51:17 PM »
Romney under friendly fire for his response to embassy attack in Libya

By Holly Bailey, Yahoo! News |

Will Mitt Romney's hasty response to the deadly attacks on the American diplomatic missions in Egypt and Libya go down as the misstep that doomed his campaign to unseat President Barack Obama?
The Republican presidential candidate came under fire from Republicans and Democrats on Wednesday for politicizing the outbreak of deadly violence in the Middle East, including the breaching of the American Embassy in Cairo and an attack on the American Consulate in Libya, which claimed the life of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other diplomatic workers.

Romney released a scathing statement on Tuesday night blasting the Obama administration for its "disgraceful" response to the attacks. The statement was at first embargoed until after midnight in order to avoid publicly criticizing Obama on the 11th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks but then was released anyway. In the statement, which came just hours before Stevens was confirmed to be among those killed, Romney suggested the White House had chosen to "sympathize with those who waged the attacks" instead of condemning the attackers.

Romney was referring to a statement issued by the American Embassy in Cairo condemning an obscure anti-Muslim YouTube video that had set off the demonstrations. But the embassy's statement had been an effort to head off the violence—not released after the assaults on American diplomatic missions, as Romney's statement suggested.

Steve Schmidt, who managed John McCain's 2008 campaign, told Yahoo News that Romney's decision to stand behind his initial criticism of Obama could damage his image with voters.
"For people who are running for president, this is a test where people evaluate their mettle as commander in chief, and the Romney campaign put out a statement before the facts were in that politicized the matter and gratuitously attacked the administration for something they did not do," Schmidt said. "The decision to double down on the initial mistake has put them into a potentially very dangerous political situation. During a foreign policy crisis, you can't build a position on a foundation of politics. … The situation remains serious, it's volatile and Romney is appearing to be very political."

The danger for Romney is that his response to the Middle East attacks feeds into a consensus among the news media that his campaign to unseat Obama is in serious trouble. For the fourth time in recent months, prominent conservatives have gone public with fretting over the direction of Romney's campaign—a panic set off most recently by conservative radio host Laura Ingraham's suggestion Monday that if Romney can't beat Obama then the Republican Party should be "shut down." On Tuesday, the Wall Street Journal editorial board piled on, suggesting Romney could lose the election because he's been too vague when it comes to explaining his policies.

"Mistakes like this happen when a campaign begins to feel under pressure," Schmidt told Yahoo News. "The Democrats had a more successful convention, the president's opened up a lead in the polls, there's been a lot of criticism by conservative commentators about campaign strategy. … They acted too quickly, too rashly, too politically—looking obviously for a way to change the narrative, the dynamic in the race."

A senior Romney aide, who declined to be named, dismissed the idea that the Republican candidate had been damaged by his response to the attacks in Libya and Egypt. The aide insisted to Yahoo News that the election would likely come down to an "overall referendum" on Obama's performance in office—including on foreign policy and the economy. "'Are you better off than you were four years ago?' is the question that will determine the election," the Romney aide said.

Romney did not back off his criticism of the Obama administration Wednesday at a hastily arranged press conference in Florida. "It's a terrible course for America to stand in apology for our values," Romney told reporters. "It's never too early for the U.S. government to condemn attacks on Americans and defend our values. ... When our grounds are being attacked, being breached, the first response of the United States must be outrage."

It was an uncharacteristically aggressive stance from Romney, who has largely kept his campaign focused on the economy. And it was an offensive that was not matched by Romney's allies on Capitol Hill or within the foreign policy community—many of whom did not respond to requests from Yahoo News to comment on the record about Romney's response.

McCain, the 2008 Republican nominee who has not shied from criticizing Obama on foreign policy issues, did not mention the president in a joint statement with Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Sen. Joe Lieberman of Connecticut on the attacks—choosing instead to condemn the attackers. Just before Romney took the mic at his press conference, McCain posted a message on Twitter praising a public statement from Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, saying she had adopted the "right message and tone." Asked by Yahoo News whether he agrees with Romney's response, McCain's office did not respond to a request for comment.

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, who has campaigned with Romney and spoke at the Republican National Convention that nominated Romney for president, also didn't embrace Romney's criticism against Obama—focusing her statement instead on the "tragic loss of life." A spokeswoman for Rice did not respond to a request for comment from Yahoo News about whether Rice agreed with Romney's response.

Romney did have defenders, including Sen. Jim DeMint of South Carolina—who issued a statement calling Romney's response "absolutely right"—and Weekly Standard editor William Kristol, who penned an op-ed declaring "Romney Is Right."

But their efforts were largely overshadowed by other members of Team Romney who didn't agree with the candidate's response. Former New Hampshire Gov. John Sununu, a top Romney surrogate, told National Journal's Major Garrett that the campaign "probably should have waited" to issue its response. Meanwhile, Tom Ridge, a Romney ally who served as secretary of Homeland Security under former President George W. Bush, disputed Romney's suggestion that Obama was sympathizing with the enemy. "I don't think President Obama sympathizes with those who attacked us," Ridge told the liberal site Think Progress. "I don't think any American does."

And plenty of anonymous Republicans immediately pounced, with one "very senior Republican foreign policy hand" telling BuzzFeed's Ben Smith it was Romney's "Lehman moment"—a reference to McCain's bungling of the looming financial crisis during the 2008 campaign.

Foreign policy has been a tricky issue for Romney. While he has sought to assume the advantage on the issue by playing up Obama's tense relationship with Israel and other American allies, he has come under criticism for his own murky foreign policy stances—including his position on the war in Afghanistan. Romney took an overseas trip in July that was meant to burnish his foreign policy credentials and cast himself as a statesman in the eyes of voters, but it was largely overshadowed by the candidate's verbal miscues. More recently, he came under criticism for failing to mention Afghanistan in his speech at the Republican National Convention—an oversight he sought to remedy on the 9/11 anniversary with a speech praising members of the military.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2012, 07:43:55 AM »
Everyone knows that the American President's effectiveness is based on the House majority. In this case the Republicans hold the majority, so how can the Leadership be truly effective.

Bottom line Romney will not be President of the United States. The Democratic Party needs to work hard to gain a House majority. Can it be done? No sure!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2012, 09:42:14 AM »
Romney is a shithound
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2012, 08:42:08 PM »
Romney in secretly taped video: Obama voters ‘dependent’ on government
By Liz Goodwin, Yahoo! News

Mitt Romney told a group of donors in a surreptitiously taped private fundraiser that voters who back President Obama are "entitled" and "dependent on government."

Mother Jones magazine obtained videos of the fundraiser from an anonymous source. The magazine said it took place after Romney clinched the Republican presidential nomination in the spring, but wouldn't specifically name the event to protect its source.

Romney told the donors:

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. ... These are people who pay no income tax. My job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.

Romney seems to be referring to the estimated 47 percent of Americans who did not owe federal income taxes in 2011 because their incomes were so low that they qualified for a tax credit, or because they didn't work at all. Last year, 22 percent of people who didn't owe income taxes were elderly people on Social Security, and an additional 17 percent were students, disabled people or the unemployed. More than 60 percent of the group were low-income workers, many of whom qualified for the child tax credit or the earned income tax credit. (These workers did pay payroll taxes for Social Security and other programs.)

Romney campaign spokeswoman Gail Gitcho released a statement about the video Monday evening. "Mitt Romney wants to help all Americans struggling in the Obama economy," she said. "As the governor has made clear all year, he is concerned about the growing number of people who are dependent on the federal government, including the record number of people who are on food stamps, nearly one in six Americans in poverty, and the 23 million Americans who are struggling to find work. Mitt Romney's plan creates 12 million new jobs in four years, grows the economy and moves Americans off of government dependency and into jobs."

The Obama campaign jumped on the comments, however. "It's hard to serve as president for all Americans when you've disdainfully written off half the nation," campaign manager Jim Messina said in a statement.

More videos from the private fundraiser are on the Mother Jones site.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2012, 08:55:18 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XnB0NZzl5HA&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XnB0NZzl5HA&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

So the 47% he refers to "pay no taxes" (a bald faced lie), are "dependent" on government, think they are "entitled" to government support, are not "thoughtful voters" and it's not his job to worry about them.  He sure he running for President of the United States of America?  Or President of the United Federation of Kakaholes... and Warmonga?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2012, 08:57:27 AM »
Then he tries to spin it... without really addressing his pejorative characterization of half of America.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LWjE5rtYOoo&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LWjE5rtYOoo&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

truetrini

« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2012, 04:07:44 PM »
suck ass supporters of Romney need to f**king go to hell

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2012, 06:09:01 PM »
poor mittens. next he'll be seeing russia from his house.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

truetrini

« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2012, 06:48:08 PM »
poor mittens. next he'll be seeing russia from his house.

They say that on a  clear day Mittens can almost see the middle class.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2012, 07:09:41 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XnB0NZzl5HA&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XnB0NZzl5HA&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

So the 47% he refers to "pay no taxes" (a bald faced lie), are "dependent" on government, think they are "entitled" to government support, are not "thoughtful voters" and it's not his job to worry about them.  He sure he running for President of the United States of America?  Or President of the United Federation of Kakaholes... and Warmonga?
di man damn correct bakes.. I am not dependent on any government, I dont collect no benefits from no government , what I expect from a government in charge is to do its duty .. dats all.. and bun out di faggots and there supporters. all some people wah do is collect free money they dont want to wrk for it.. Romney is Boss he eh hiding behind nothing , unlike the jackass we have in the white house right now.. bowing to battyman and  wutless f**ks who dont want to wrk, ..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2012, 09:43:12 PM »
di man damn correct bakes.. I am not dependent on any government, I dont collect no benefits from no government , what I expect from a government in charge is to do its duty .. dats all.. and bun out di faggots and there supporters. all some people wah do is collect free money they dont want to wrk for it.. Romney is Boss he eh hiding behind nothing , unlike the jackass we have in the white house right now.. bowing to battyman and  wutless f**ks who dont want to wrk, ..
war

Well, with hardworking intellects like you in his corner, how can he lose?

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2012, 05:50:14 AM »
suck ass supporters of Romney need to f**king go to hell

TT, here I wuz thinking u wuz ah Athiest....I obviously need to reread your post.....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2012, 06:11:07 AM »

war
eh collect nutten from the government....u must be have yuh benefit card in yuh wallet right next to de pic ah justine beiber......boy at the end of the day i will take ah bullerman lovin obama over romney.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2012, 07:43:21 AM »

war
eh collect nutten from the government....u must be have yuh benefit card in yuh wallet right next to de pic ah justine beiber......boy at the end of the day i will take ah bullerman lovin obama over romney.

and you have the right too. Its your choice to vote for who  you believe can get the job done and I respect that.  If you believe someone who fraid the faggots them and have to bow to them can get the job done  dais you. Thats the difference between me  and the rest, I have my views and allyuh   have allyuh views,  and mi nuh fraid fi say it , mi never need no government help .. all I need is them to do there Job and stop threating the unemployed like kings of the hill. Let them get themselves up. dust out the pants, go look Job  and stop expecting the government to take care of them . dais all.
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2012, 11:46:33 AM »

war

and you have the right too. Its your choice to vote for who  you believe can get the job done and I respect that.  If you believe someone who fraid the faggots them and have to bow to them can get the job done  dais you. Thats the difference between me  and the rest, I have my views and allyuh   have allyuh views,  and mi nuh fraid fi say it , mi never need no government help .. all I need is them to do there Job and stop threating the unemployed like kings of the hill. Let them get themselves up. dust out the pants, go look Job  and stop expecting the government to take care of them . dais all.
war

When you say government help what you mean, welfare?

Even Romney father was on welfare.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2012, 01:55:49 PM »
Folks like Romney really amazing.  Even if you want to somehow try to make sense of this latest in a series of verbal diarrhoeas, his comment on asking your parents for $$ to start a business goes to the heart of how out of touch with reality high income earning inviduals can for the most part be with not just the rest of the US but the rest of the globe

The more amazing part is the fact that within the very 47% the repub party traditionally has huge and unwavered support.  There are none as blind as those who just will not see.  Freedom of choice of political party is always there, but it should be based on objectivity, not the phase of the moon or which hairs stand on your back when you look at a candidate
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2012, 02:00:46 PM »
Tell alyuh he was a shithound
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>