April 19, 2024, 07:40:22 PM

Author Topic: nah, nah and again Fu#@ing nah!  (Read 6855 times)

truetrini

nah, nah and again Fu#@ing nah!
« on: August 25, 2012, 08:51:47 PM »
Someone tell me that this s not true!  This has to be a fake, Photoshop or something

truetrini

Re: nah, nah and again Fu#@ing nah!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 08:53:02 PM »
steups this have to be bad photoshop joke..ent?

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 08:59:02 PM »
ok so I heard that they put up everything minus the UNC

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 10:23:31 PM »
That's what you come to, yuh talking to yuhself and answering yuh self now? maybe i should send yuh a parrot for christmas tuh keep yuh company. ;D
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 06:41:18 AM »
Khan: PM's face on flag a travesty
Originally printed at http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Khan__PM_s_face__on_flag_a_travesty-167454065.html

By Kim Boodram
August 25, 2012
IS it just another Independence Day decoration or is it a rising sun?

The People's National Movement (PNM) has accused the People's Partnership Government of the subtle politicising of Independence Day by interfering with the red, white and black theme traditionally seen on decorations.

Following yesterday's general council meeting at Balisier House, Port of Spain, PNM chairman Franklin Khan criticised the placement of images of Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar on decorations bearing the colours of the national flag and, in some instances, on the flags themselves.

This is in violation of the Constitution as it pertains to the flag, Khan said.

He also pointed out a large, fan-like decoration atop the Wrightson Road, Port of Spain, Fire Service headquarters that bears the colours red, white and gold.

The piece is similar to the half-sun used by the United National Congress (UNC) as its party symbol, referred to as the "rising sun".

Instead of black, the decoration is punctuated with streaks of gold fanning outward.

Yesterday, several members of social media site Facebook also posted images of the decoration and questioned whether it was meant to allude to the UNC's party symbol.

"It is disgusting," Khan said yesterday, speaking at a news conference following the general council meeting.

"This is obviously a rising sun."

He added that the placement of the prime minister's face on the national flag was an attempt to "personalise" the country's golden jubilee of Independence.

"This is a travesty," he said.

The PNM will hold its own celebrations at Balisier House on Independence Day, next Friday, starting with a candlelight march from Woodford Square in Port of Spain at 8 p.m. to Balisier House.

A cultural show will follow, leading up to a re-enactment of the raising of the flag as it happened on August 31, 1962 and a midnight playing of the speech delivered then by first prime minister Dr Eric Williams.

Khan said the PNM announced this celebration in May not as an attempt to usurp the role of the Government in hosting appropriate celebrations but because the party felt the Government was faltering in its duty.

The PNM has again accused the Government of failing to recognise Williams' contribution to the country's Independence and initial development.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 06:41:59 AM »
Actual Photo

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 06:48:43 AM »
I didn't know we had gold in the national colours
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 06:53:17 AM »
Across the country there are posters and banners Celebrating 50 years of Independence bearing Kamla's image on it. It is the  most disgusting act of publicly sponsored political publicity we've seen. There should be legislation to prevent this sort of practice. Can you imagine what would have been said in Patrick Manning did this.The words Aloof, dictator, demigod and narcissistic come to mind.

Only in communist or fascist states is it necessary to constantly aggrandise 'the great leader.' I can't wait to vote these shameless clowns out. They have no class , no concept of protocol, no morality , they hold nothing sacred and their sinister machinations are limitless.

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 06:55:16 AM »
Jack wants to buy the mirror and newsday.

Huh feel it bad now.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 07:12:39 AM »

I draw reference to the following quotes :

Recently, the discovery of a new particle with properties consistent with the Higgs boson and which has been described as the god particle, has been reported and I am quite certain that this presents another opportunity for scientific innovation which we should seize. Except for the steel pan, we have been consumers rather than innovators and we must be careful not to miss out on getting in at the ground level of this new scientific exposure and here, university education matters.
-His Excellency Professor George Maxwell Richards

"Mr Speaker, if I may respectfully agree to disagree with his Excellency the President when he said that apart from the steelpan, there has been no innovativeness in Trinidad and Tobago, I respectfully disagree. Yes, the steelpan is one symbol of innovativeness, the only musical, acoustical instrument invented in the last century, but Trinidad and Tobago is known throughout the world for innovativeness, creativity, the diversity of our people, the harmony, the unity in diversity which represents Trinidad and Tobago."
-Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar

I don't know if you were following the President's comments but the Prime Minister minimizes the importance of the steel pan and ignores a FACT of our industrial history for the sake of promoting the vague and ambiguous diversity.

It was proposed that Rudranath Caplideo should be honoured alongside Dr. Eric Williams as one of the Champions of Independence when Capildeo actually opposed Independence. Thankfully they backtracked on that one.

This government is not averse to re-configuring history and as we see in this thread national symbols in pursuit of their idea of 'unity in diversity.'
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 07:18:02 AM by Jah Gol »

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 11:44:34 AM »

Dat eh gold dais YELLOW!

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 03:23:17 PM »
Steupsss.....Subliminal advertising at its worst. It so pathetic because it so obvious. These people low but what really sticks is Therese admitting to doing it at university. That was a new low.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 04:10:05 PM »
Across the country there are posters and banners Celebrating 50 years of Independence bearing Kamla's image on it. It is the  most disgusting act of publicly sponsored political publicity we've seen. There should be legislation to prevent this sort of practice. Can you imagine what would have been said in Patrick Manning did this.The words Aloof, dictator, demigod and narcissistic come to mind.

Only in communist or fascist states is it necessary to constantly aggrandise 'the great leader.' I can't wait to vote these shameless clowns out. They have no class , no concept of protocol, no morality , they hold nothing sacred and their sinister machinations are limitless.

Traditionally known as "cult of personality". However, here there is solely the promotion of imagery rather than a tangible attached mythology associated with "the leader". Should these incremental occurrences persist (i.e. more "events" like what went down here), a narrative of mythology could develop ... because they are designed to cement gradual gains.

The PP is being advised externally.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 06:40:37 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 09:40:49 PM »
Can't help but be reminded of Animal Farm.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 09:47:38 PM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 10:24:15 PM »

Yuh take long to ketch de script.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 01:49:15 PM »

Yuh take long to ketch de script.

ENT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 03:17:54 PM »
??

Anyway...
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 03:57:55 PM »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 04:54:13 PM »
Oh geed
Youtube Channel

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 08:44:10 PM »

Doh fork me up!? tell me daiz photoshop!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 09:06:01 PM »
The person/company who advising this government on marketing failing badly.
Youtube Channel

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 09:07:33 PM »

Just imagine Patrick did do this sh*t, kamliar would ah be up and down the country making ah set ah facking noise.. remember how dey get on for the baliser flower on the CAL plane

STEUPS!!!
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2012, 09:08:49 PM »
Youtube Channel

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 06:51:55 AM »
dey serious with that billboard poster?  what hubris.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 08:26:10 AM »
I drove past the fire station yesterday afternoon. The yellow strips have been removed!!  :thumbsup:

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 10:47:23 AM »
The person/company who advising this government on marketing failing badly.
I kinda have a different perspective on it...to some extent.  I believe this govt won the election on their PR campaign (apart from the help they got from Manning).  For a long time afterwards they kept up the campaign...IMHO with the intent to sink the PNM to its lowest low, maybe even to mash up the party.
Everything they do now is on the backbone of PR.  Even with the firing of the ministers...PR...simply cause they were expendable.  That would never happen with Suruj, Jack or Moonilal.  To the die-hards...that is good governance.  To the in-betweeners....wellll ok.  To the PNMites...we seeing through all the bullshit Kamla.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 03:09:17 AM »

Mandela is one of the few people alive that meets this criteria. These are not traits that any trini politican have.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 03:44:31 AM »

I wonder what is the reaction of the general public to this? Not the PNM spokesmen like Hinds, Imbert, pardners etc.

What does the average man on the street make of it?

Maybe they are too fed up or caught up in their own struggles to bother about this.

My own reaction if I was at home now and  drive past it probably would be initial disgust and fret a bit but half mile down the road an 1 Al Green song later be thinking about how I paying the rent, giving mih wife money, taking out the outside ting and paying for the children school books and still have enough left over for the river lime. (not necessarily in that order)
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2012, 09:07:08 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/_They_re_ignorant_of_the_laws_of_T_T_-167785825.html

'They're ignorant of the laws of T&T'
Fury over Jack, Kamla faces on flag
By Susan Mohammed susan.mohammed@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: Aug 28, 2012 at 11:01 PM ECT

Story Updated: Aug 28, 2012 at 11:01 PM ECT

A BILLBOARD erected by an auto business in Freeport, showing images of Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and National Security Minister Jack Warner on the national flag, has sparked outrage on social media network Facebook.

The billboard, which carries the words "Love of Country", was placed near the shoulder of the north-bound lane of the Solomon Hochoy Highway near the Freeport overpass.

The sign is on the compound of Boodram and Sons Ltd, which deals in used cars and parts.

An employee of the company told the Express last evening that the billboard was erected last weekend by management.

However, people have commented that the flag has been defaced and the use of the images is illegal.

One person commented: "This batch is even more ignorant of the laws of T&T and are arrogant in their ignorance..."

Another commented: "Please I hope this billboard don't cause any accidents. Are we saying that these people are the founders of the national flag or are they Trinidad and Tobago or are they changing the design of the flag... Please tell what is it."

The National Emblems of Trinidad and Tobago (Regulation) Act, Chapter 19:04 states: "Any person who mutilates, cuts or tears or in any way defaces the Coat of Arms or the National Flag, whether by writing, printing or stamping thereon or otherwise without lawful authority or excuse, is liable on summary conviction to a fine of seven hundred and fifty dollars or to imprisonment for six months."

Neither Mayor of Chaguanas Orlando Nagessar and chairman of the Couva/Talparo/Tabaquite Regional Corporation (CTTRC) Dave Persad said they had seen the billboard.

Persad, in whose corporation the billboard is placed, said no permission was sought from the CTTRC to have the billboard erected.

Nagessar said he had heard of the billboard.

"There are a lot of people doing a lot of things to bring down the government and to make the government look bad. Someone mentioned to me that they saw it on Facebook."

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2012, 11:51:26 AM »

Mandela is one of the few people alive that meets this criteria. These are not traits that any trini politican have.

dis ad only showing what kind of fantasy world trinis living in with respect to who running in politics.

1]; } ?>