March 28, 2024, 03:30:34 PM

Author Topic: 2012 Boys & Girls SSFL & InterCol Thread.  (Read 57749 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Boys & Girls SSFL & InterCol Thread.
« Reply #240 on: November 26, 2012, 06:04:07 PM »
lol  :rotfl: i just see the fight serious ting. Linesman buss some cuff and kick on the man too  :devil: , i recording that tomorrow, too good  :rotfl: . Police rel beat that
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #241 on: November 26, 2012, 06:30:22 PM »
although this incident was a shiva boys fan, whole season this squad has been very indisciplined.  they have received endless red cards all season, i think in one game 3 men got sent off.  i expect better from them since dexter francis is their coach. their fans are proving to be the same as the season progress, remind me of benedicts fans.

whoever won this game would have to play 3 games in 5 days if dey reach the finals....pure bullsh!+ from the SSFL again.  i think the SSFL, TTFF and NAAA compete real hard to be the duncest sports organization in the country.

Dumplingdinho

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 26, 2012, 08:01:10 PM »
is a forking knife they say he pull? wtf wrong with people dread, he was drunk or something? Good work officers mash him up! Alyuh see that tackle  :devil:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lKiu_7GtnuQ&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lKiu_7GtnuQ&amp;feature=share</a>
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 08:02:43 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 26, 2012, 08:13:41 PM »
Shocking that an adult would do this in front of schoolchildren. He should be banned for life from football (although of course, there is no way to enforce that here)

I also believe that there should be an alcohol ban at school football matches. Its crazy when you see the number of police at school games while Pro League and Super League often have no police in attendance.

But I also appreciate that I don't understand the passions of school football.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 26, 2012, 08:50:21 PM »
I have never seen anything like that in TT football. The Santos incidence in the closest I can think of. But yes, they should not sell alcohol at intercol.  If the fans can't hold they alcho then stop selling it.

FS, I understand the passion because I played 3 years of high school ball. I was heaven. That is about all that is keeping the passion going for football at this day and age. I also remember when senior football was the thing. I played 3 yrs with Essex. I find it hard to belief why there is such apathy for senior football for TT. Imagine, even we pardner Coops abandon we.

But the linesman is the best. He did not fraid to take that big guy on.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 08:52:35 PM by Deeks »

truetrini

« Reply #246 on: November 26, 2012, 09:30:53 PM »
T&T Police always looking like some cheap security with them bad looking uniforms.  Also why do they handcuff a man with his hands in front and not behind his back?  Poor policing.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 26, 2012, 10:07:47 PM »
I have never seen anything like that in TT football. The Santos incidence in the closest I can think of. But yes, they should not sell alcohol at intercol.  If the fans can't hold they alcho then stop selling it.

FS, I understand the passion because I played 3 years of high school ball. I was heaven. That is about all that is keeping the passion going for football at this day and age. I also remember when senior football was the thing. I played 3 yrs with Essex. I find it hard to belief why there is such apathy for senior football for TT. Imagine, even we pardner Coops abandon we.

But the linesman is the best. He did not fraid to take that big guy on.

I actually laughed when he rushed back in.....but not before picking up his flag.  :rotfl: Like it was some kind of equivalent to a police baton or something.  :rotfl:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Assistant referee attacked InterCol final abandoned.
« Reply #248 on: November 27, 2012, 03:47:05 AM »
Assistant referee attacked InterCol final abandoned.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Yet again there will be a delay in the determination of South Zone’s champion team, after the Coca-Cola South Zone InterCol final between Presentation College of San Fernando and Shiva Boys Hindu College had to be abandoned after an assistant referee Kevin Charles was attacked by a spectator and subsequently taken to hospital, yesterday.

The match which was originally carded to be played last week, but was delayed due to a replay of the semifinal between Shiva Boys and Pleasantville Secondary, kicked off yesterday, but had to be cancelled with 10 minutes remaining in the encounter after a moment of madness from an unruly observer, who opted to scale over the stadium’s railings to attack the match official.

The incomplete fixture was staged at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella. It was abandoned just after the 80th minute of play when the assistant referee on the sideline was allegedly struck in the head with a glass bottle from the spectator. The attack resulted in a bloody wound to the head of the official, before a scuffle ensued between the two parties.

Police eventually caught up with the attacker and arrested him, while the referee was taken to hospital. The police, some of whom were attacked, also had to deal with incidents of brawls in the crowd. The remaining minutes of the match will be played tomorrow behind closed doors at the same venue.

The semifinal between the winner of the encounter and the defending champion St Anthony’s College was originally carded for the same day, but will obviously be postponed due to the incident.

Presentation may well have been on its way to the a yet another National semifinal as it held the 2-1 lead before the match was abandoned. All goals were scored in the first half, with “Pres” taking the first lead through a penalty kick, before Shiva equalized via a Kyle Thomas strike. National forward Shackiel Henry subsequently scored to give Presentation its second lead of the match.

Nevertheless, the first semifinal will be played today when first time Central Zone champion Chaguanas North meets East Zone winner St Augustine Secondary, at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, at 4 pm.

Chaguanas North will be out in full force hoping to emulate the result which saw it defeat the nine-time consecutive league champion and Big-Five winner Carapichaima East Secondary on penalty kick, following a 1-1 draw at full time in the Central Zone InterCol final.

St Augustine’s “Green Machine” will also seek to build on its attacking prowess but improve defensively following the 6-3 victory it claimed over Tobago champion Speyside Secondary in the preliminary stage of the National InterCol on Friday.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 27, 2012, 04:21:54 AM »
is a forking knife they say he pull? wtf wrong with people dread, he was drunk or something? Good work officers mash him up! Alyuh see that tackle  :devil:

All around jokey situation... first policeman rush een and take him down with ah nice tackle, although he lose points fuh technique it was effective.  After that is procedures straight out ah de Keystone Kops training manual.  It take three policemen to subdue one man, and ah older man at that.  And even after they subdue him they still could only manage to handcuff him in front and not behind he back (though they struggle for the better part of the video to do just that). 

Next fuh de linesman... before de police arrive tuh he rescue was handbags at 10 paces, he even try slapping de man with de flag lol.  After police take down de man he find enough courage tuh now be more than vex and still want to pelt hand.  He was so vex that they usher him away, he work up some vexation and rush back in, even jostling de police woman tuh get at the occupied attacker.  Then when they taking him away, he pulling off he shirt like Rodman.  Police suppose tuh rest some lash on both ah dem tuh quiet dem down.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 27, 2012, 05:54:36 AM »
It good !!!!!!!!!

Next time, buss he f00cking head and run like ah mudda.....

Ah hate Refs and lines men.

F00ck them all...

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 27, 2012, 06:46:37 AM »
I wonder if police get train to take down suspects? I watch enough cops to know they doing shit.
Youtube Channel

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 27, 2012, 07:07:19 AM »
Not making excuse for what happened.

However, there were too many referee errors against Shiva boys'.

I believed that the referee was supposed to give Shiva a penalty but he refused.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 27, 2012, 08:04:25 AM »
It good !!!!!!!!!

F00ck them all...

Idiotic statement....  Without refs and linesmen, games don't exist.  I wasn't at the game but "all" refs make mistakes.  Until you sit in the middle of that pitch and make a call STFU.....  Go learn the game before you talk...
Arimian to meh heart

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 27, 2012, 08:48:45 AM »

I believed that the referee was supposed to give Shiva a penalty but he refused.

Insider were u at the game? cuz i hearing different things from different people..and only one person so far said he thought there were bad calls..Obviously most of the people i spoke to are Pres supporters so i taking that with a grain of salt. But even those with no affiliation to the school didn't say that there were bad calls. Was actually a pres man that said there were a few bad calls but that always happens in any game and didn't agree that there wasa legit penalty claim

Back in Trini...

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 27, 2012, 10:27:14 AM »
Sad to see this in school football the entire episode looked real jokey, I even feel bad for the police who had to struggle to put the man in handcuffs. I surprize dey ain reach fuh de pepper spray, dat woulda calm down homeboy real fast....but den de whole staidum woulda have to clear out lol.

But the best is the linesman trying to take off his shirt when going back to the dressing roomlol, like he woulda look like ah rel badman wid he shirt off. I say like he watch too much Ron Artest and Andrew Bynum or even Rodman like Bakes say.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #256 on: November 27, 2012, 10:48:08 AM »
Allyuh doh watch 'Cops' or what? One skinny hoodrat alone taking 2 or 3 police to subdue. Boss man wasn't a youngster, but he wasn't a small fella either.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 27, 2012, 10:51:32 AM »
It good !!!!!!!!!

F00ck them all...

Sam, yes we does want to clout them refs many a times. But I really hope your statement is really tong-in-cheek. The fan was wrong. Yes the ref started behaving like  a leggo-beast, but he was defending himself with his dear life.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 27, 2012, 10:59:33 AM »
Allyuh doh watch 'Cops' or what? One skinny hoodrat alone taking 2 or 3 police to subdue. Boss man wasn't a youngster, but he wasn't a small fella either.

tell them. I read many posts about how them police lazy, this and that. I would like one or all of you to join the police force for week and go and patrol up East Dry River. Running up hills, steps and alleys after bandits. You running after a man in Belle Eau rd in belmont and he could take you thru gonzales, St. Barbs, down quarry st, thru a lane, up Prescott Alley, thru ah backyard, you somewhere on Basilon st and you end up in the plannings in Nelson st. And you eh catch him yet.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 27, 2012, 11:57:01 AM »

tell them. I read many posts about how them police lazy, this and that. I would like one or all of you to join the police force for week and go and patrol up East Dry River. Running up hills, steps and alleys after bandits. You running after a man in Belle Eau rd in belmont and he could take you thru gonzales, St. Barbs, down quarry st, thru a lane, up Prescott Alley, thru ah backyard, you somewhere on Basilon st and you end up in the plannings in Nelson st. And you eh catch him yet.

aaahahahaha!!! lmao! This rel make me laugh and is tru too.  :rotfl:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 27, 2012, 12:12:35 PM »
It good !!!!!!!!!

F00ck them all...

Sam I know yuh on kicks, because we cannot play without them.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 27, 2012, 12:51:39 PM »
Officiating a game is not easy even youth games, not a bad way way to earn some extra money on the side though. I have nuff respect for officials, it's not an easy job but I made a promise to myself never to become an official after I was asked to lines since the ass't ref didn't show up (don't blame him looking back).

Yuh wave de flag for an offside, de team in offense want to rant and rave eventhough the player was clearly offside. If the player onside and the defense thinks he's off, dey want tuh cuss and get on and this is coming from players, coaches and supporters. Despite all that as a linesman you have to access multiple things and make split sec decisions while always keeping in line with the last defender. Almost any close call someboy vex since decisions are subjective. After that I decided to stick to coaching because dat refing ting is not for me! If you haven't tried it, try officiating an intense game at any level and you'll have a new sense of respect for refs in general.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #262 on: November 27, 2012, 01:44:14 PM »

Insider were u at the game? cuz i hearing different things from different people..and only one person so far said he thought there were bad calls..Obviously most of the people i spoke to are Pres supporters so i taking that with a grain of salt. But even those with no affiliation to the school didn't say that there were bad calls. Was actually a pres man that said there were a few bad calls but that always happens in any game and didn't agree that there wasa legit penalty claim

insider said "I believed that the referee was supposed to give Shiva a penalty but he refused"...that sounds like a comment based on hearsay.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 27, 2012, 03:40:51 PM »
Listen and listen good...we LUCKY this was not worse...its years I saying better security needed at SSFL matches..because this is the closest we get to real football fans and tribalism in the sport....it can boil over in a wink.....

Not in the PRO League...maybe a community league....

and I must say the SSFL president and officials should SUSPEND The league with Immediate EFFECT....NO WINNERS...ABANDONED IN 2012. NO WINNERS...
send the message loud and clear to the teams,schools and fans that this would not be allowed....what you going to play the 10 mins left of the match for ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 27, 2012, 08:04:54 PM »
According to South Zone Secretary, Gerald Elliot:
On the advice of the TTFF, the SSFL South Zone Intercol finals will be replayed in its entirety tomorrow at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium from 4:00pm, behind closed doors.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #265 on: November 27, 2012, 08:19:15 PM »
According to South Zone Secretary, Gerald Elliot:
On the advice of the TTFF, the SSFL South Zone Intercol finals will be replayed in its entirety tomorrow at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium from 4:00pm, behind closed doors.

not surpised based on FIFA rules...so when yuh side losing fans should storm and get a replay...i like that rule. ;)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 27, 2012, 09:14:15 PM »
SUSPEND THE LEAGUE
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #267 on: November 28, 2012, 05:23:33 AM »
‘We will not replay match’
By: JONATHAN RAMNANANSINGH (Newsday).

VICE principal of Presentation College, San Fernando, Preston Kissoon revealed yesterday that the school’s football team will not play today’s remaining 10 minutes of the South Zone Coca Cola Intercol encounter against Shiva Boys Hindu School this afternoon, as stated by the Secondary Schools’ Football League (SSFL).

The game which took place on Monday at the Manny Ramjohn was abandoned after an irate supporter Godfrey Adams stormed the field and struck assistant referee Kevin Charles with a bottle in the head.

Speaking to Newsday yesterday, president of the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL), Ewing Davis stated that Monday’s match will be officially resolved when both teams meet behind closed doors at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella, today. The teams will only be made to play the remaining 10 minutes.

However, the Presentation “Lions” vice-principal expressed concerns on this decision and openly stated that his school will be taking part in no such action. He went on to say that “Pres” will not even consider playing over the entire game behind closed doors because of lingering risk to his players and students and staff.

“We will not be playing any 10-minute match or even a rematch. We think that we have been treated unfairly. If we are to give in to this decision then every one of our players would be at risk. Security may be beefed up, but even if we do play, who is going to ensure our safety after the game” he questioned.

When asked what decision the Presentation administration would accept, Kissoon said “We want to be awarded with the win. If this doesn’t happen then we are not going to risk it. The school is in deep concern over our players and coaches’ safety. It is either we take the win or forfeit. We are willing to forfeit, but we’re not getting back on the field with Shiva Boys in any instance pertaining to this match.”

After 80 minutes in the match Presentation had led 2-1. The match though was marred by criticisms of the standard of the officiating. An appeal for a handled ball in the Presentation penalty area was said to have been ignored by the match and his assistant, that led to the entire incident. Adam, clearly upset by the assistant’s decision, rushed onto the field and smashed a beer bottle on Charles’ head.

Meanwhile former FIFA referee instructor Osmond Downer said while it is unfortunate what happened on Monday but caloled for the game to be replayed. “If a match is abandoned for whatever reason or purpose, the entire match must be replayed, unless competition (SSFL) rules state otherwise.

This is not the rules of football I am speaking about, this is the law of the game,” he explained. He added “FIFA regulations state that the match must be replayed. There is no such thing as playing simply 10 minutes, but as I said, it is up to what this particular competition’s rules states.”

In response to Presentation’s plight to have the win awarded to them, Downer admitted that a decision such as this could never happen since the game is still incomplete.

“Presentation cannot claim full points from this. This game is unfinished. How can you want a win when the match is not finished. If this is what they are standing on, they will have no other choice but to forfeit the match. This win cannot be awarded to ‘Pres’, in no way this can happen,” he concluded.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #268 on: November 28, 2012, 05:24:53 AM »
St Augustine edge Chaguanas to advance in Intercol.
T&T Newsday Reports.

ST AUGUSTINE Secondary squeezed into the final stage of the Coca Cola National Intercol after they clinched a narrow 4-3 win via penalty kicks over Chaguanas North Secondary at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, yesterday evening.

After the 90-minute both teams were locked at a 2-2. Kicks from the penalty spot were then forced to decide the outcome of this year’s hotly-contested semi-final. St Augustine meant business and capitalised on two misses from the Chaguanas kickers to grab the important victory 4-3.

St Augustine Secondary will now have to play a waiting game to reveal who will face them in this championship match of this year’s tournament edition. After the National Intercol South Zone final between Presentation College (San Fernando) and Shiva Boys Hindu College (Penal) was unexpectedly abandoned on Monday, a result from this clash still remains pending.

Whatever the outcome of this crucial encounter, Presentation or Shiva Boys will then do battle with St Anthony’s in the national semi-finals. However, this semi-final was originally scheduled to kick off today but due to the incident Monday, a date will be announced soon.

Also, the 2012 Coca Cola National Intercol final have been rescheduled to Monday, according to a media release from the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL).

The final was scheduled to take place on Friday, but due to the continuation of the South Zonal Intercol final today, between Presentation San Fernando and Shiva Boys at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella, the fixtures have seen a few alterations.

The National Intercol semi-final, between defending champions St Anthony’s and the South Zonal winner, will now take place on Friday at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium. And the National final will be held on Monday.

Green Machine in Inter-Col final.
By Kern De Freitas (Express).

The Green Machine of St Augustine Secondary rolled into Central yesterday and claimed a berth in next week's Coca Cola InterCol final when they edged Chaguanas North Secondary 4-3 on kicks from the penalty mark at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Balmain, Couva.

They could not shake the new Central Zone champions in 90 minutes, as they were locked 2-2 at the full-time whistle.

St Augustine hit the target four times kicking second, while Jaron Humphrey and goalkeeper Maalik Campbell hit the crossbar for Chaguanas to prompt celebrations from the St Augustine players and fans.

The Chaguanas North goals came from David Maloney in the 11th minute and Jesse Frank made it 2-1 to Chaguanas from the penalty spot. At the other end of the field, Ricardo John provided St Augustine's first, and Aikim Andrews locked things up at 2-2 shortly after halftime.

Chaguanas had much to be hopeful for after 45 minutes, with a one-goal lead over their fancied opponents. Their 2-1 half-time lead came courtesy daring and enterprise, but coach Nicholas Griffith would have known it would not be easy for his team to maintain their advantage.

Chaguanas showed how they upset "Big Five" champions Carapichaima East Secondary. They showed courage in attack despite making their first trip to the national InterCol stage.

They went ahead through David Maloney, when St Augustine lost the ball and were too slow to recover. It gave Deon O'Garro enough room to start the counter-attack, and St Augustine goalkeeper Romario Romain spilled the resulting cross, which allowed Maloney to finish from close range.

Ricardo John ensured Chaguanas did not keep their advantage, producing a beautiful strike in the 28th minute from just over 18 metres that Campbell, in the Chaguanas goal, was powerless to stop.

Frank restored the Chaguanas lead from the penalty spot in the 33rd minute.

But less than two minutes after the resumption, national youth player Andrews weaved his way through two defenders, and cheekily finished his left field run on the angle with Campbell at his mercy.

St Augustine enjoyed the attacking steam for much of the second half, but could not translate that into goals; John was caught offside at least three times, Michael Williams missed a sitter from close range, and Andrews also handed Chaguanas a late reprieve from space on the right.

Chaguanas themselves had late chances, but twice Maloney missed from close range, while the troublesome O'Garro was heavily marked by the St Augustine back line. His header close in was well handled by Romain.

The best efforts, though, of both teams would not allow the match to be decided in regulation time. St Augustine had another gear, however, to be perfect from the spot, putting themselves in yet another final.

UP AND OVER: St Augustine Secondary winger, Aikim Andrews, right, skips over a tackle from Chaguanas North Secondary's Juma Aberdeen, during their Coca Cola National InterCol semifinal, at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Balmain, Couva, yesterday. Andrews scored for St Augustine as the teams finished locked at 2-2 after regulation time, before St Augustine prevailed 4-3 on kicks from the penalty mark. —Photo: DEXTER PHILIP

« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 05:29:48 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #269 on: November 28, 2012, 05:26:49 AM »
Shiva Boys, ‘Pres’ coaches condemn violent attack
By JONATHAN RAMNANANSINGH (Newsday).

COACHES of the Presentation College and Shiva Boys Hindu College football teams, Sean Cooper and Dexter Francis respectively, have openly expressed their sympathy towards assistant referee Kevin Charles, who was attacked by an unruly football fans Godfrey Adams during Monday’s South Intercol final between the school at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella.

Both coaches expressed displeasure with Adam’s actions and called for a swift investigation into the incident.

After 80 minutes of play in the zonal final, Adam unexpectedly ran onto the field and smashed a bottle onto Charles’ head after he refused to alert the referee on a supposed hand-ball decision in the Presentation penalty box. Adams’ action forced three officers to subdue him at the edge of the field. However, when the officers attempted to escort the offender out of the stadium, a crowd of angry supporters wrestled Adam away from the officers to beat him.

The incident sparked a frenzy among the crowd and led to the game being called off. Secondary Schools officials have since said the remaining 10 minutes will be played today at a closed door match at the same venue. In response to the fan’s unruly actions, coach of the San Fernando-based team Sean Cooper, condemned Adams’ behaviour.

“Well I did not know what was happening until I saw the commotion on the side-line. Pertaining to this matter, a referee’s decision is final. We (Pres) have had several questionable calls that went against us this season and we were forced to accept them. You would never see one of our spectators doing such things,” he indicated.

But, the Presentation coach admitted that it was good the incident happened in the way it did, than upset spectators wait until the game concluded to violently display their thoughts on the field.

“It’s a sad thing but think about if this person and other irate supporters waited for the game to finish and then storm the field. Both team’s players and officials would have been at an even greater risk. This is not good for football, especially in the school’s division. I’m just happy that all my players and staff are Ok,” added. Vice-principal of the prestigious south school, Preston Kissoon, expressed total dissatisfaction with the incident. He was particularly concerned for the player’s safety and advised the school to sit out any future match against Shiva Boys.

Kissoon boldly stated that Presentation will not succumb to this type of decision and has put forward a proposal to the SSFL that they (Pres) will either take full points or a win or forfeit the zonal final. Coach of the Shiva Boys team, Dexter Francis also condemned the violent actions undertaken by Adam.

“It’s unfortunate. To be honest this entire situation has spiralled out of control. What kind of example is this big man (Adam) setting for youngsters? Youths copy actions of adults, and to do such a thing at a school’s football game is very unacceptable. If we allow this to slide then are setting a bad precedent for our young players and spectators especially,” he stated.

Principal of Shiva Boys, Dexter Sakal expressed sadness toward Monday’s scenario and dubbed Adam’s actions as “unfortunate and unjust”.

1]; } ?>