March 28, 2024, 10:24:12 AM

Author Topic: 2012 Boys & Girls SSFL & InterCol Thread.  (Read 57737 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Boys & Girls SSFL & InterCol Thread.
« Reply #270 on: November 28, 2012, 06:32:02 AM »
Video reach 101goals.com.

Video reach UK Guardian.

And dis backward kinda administration and dotish excuses keep going on and on.

This year in particular I notice the league had a lot of controversy....players who not elligible or suspended....replayed games....and now this madness...to be iced off by a side saying that their security would be at risk in a CLOSED stadium.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 28, 2012, 06:43:26 AM »
This is the latest correspondence from the SSFL...

November 28, 2012

The Principal

………………………………….

Dear Sir,

Subject: Advise of the TTFF

Please be advised after meeting with the TTFF (governing body for football in T&T) we (the SSFL) were informed that the aborted game between Presentation and Shiva Boys must be replayed in its entirety.

Therefore, on behalf of the SSFL, I wish to inform you that the game will be replayed
tomorrow from 4:00pm at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium. Also note that the SSFL will
hold fast to the position of only the players & Technical staff will be allowed in the
Stadium for the game. Each school is allowed no more that twenty-five (25) persons
(including players & staff).

Thank you in advance and look forward to your continued cooperation

Respectfully,

For General Secretary
SSFL
N.B. Please disregard earlier notice
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 28, 2012, 06:47:24 AM »
Pres has sent out an update that they will not be playing the replay.
While I agree with not playing I am interested to hear the reasons for not playing...now see kissoon gave reasons in the newsday..lemme take a read now
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 06:48:56 AM by NYtriniwhiteboy.. »
Back in Trini...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 28, 2012, 06:55:05 AM »
I understand that the rules state the game should be replayed. Disagree with the rule, but that is the rule. However with no official correspondence being sent to the school till today to say you hadda replay the match this afternoon is utter madness..
Forfeit let shiva take it if they want it that bad..Hopefully the players are 100% behind this decision
Back in Trini...

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 28, 2012, 06:59:15 AM »
Pres has sent out an update that they will not be playing the replay.
While I agree with not playing I am interested to hear the reasons for not playing

A letter was sent to Jaiks making specific mention to the safety concerns for the players and staff.  Mention was also made of the psychological effect on the players themselves, bearing in mind that the team was in preparation to play a final since last week Wednesday.  Exams have already started and the players have their academic duties to perform.  We at Pres are grooming youngsters for life and not just for football. The letter would have also hinted at the spurious and inconsistent decisions taking by the south zone SSFL regarding the way Shiva Boys found themselves in the finals in the first place.

Another thing is that the Referees Association had indicated that they were not going to send any officials to play over the game.  I don't know if talks with the TTFF has resolved this issue as yet.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 28, 2012, 07:02:52 AM »
thanks pardners...fully support the decision
Back in Trini...

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 28, 2012, 07:04:35 AM »
I understand that the rules state the game should be replayed. Disagree with the rule, but that is the rule. However with no official correspondence being sent to the school till today to say you hadda replay the match this afternoon is utter madness..
Forfeit let shiva take it if they want it that bad..Hopefully the players are 100% behind this decision

Agreed.  I glad you see that way as well.  We just hope that others are as understanding.  We have a meeting in the college from 10am this morning to confirm the way forward.  The recommendation on the table is to give Shiva the game.  We just have to break the news to the players gently now.  Most of the guys were looking forward to the game, this being their last opportunity to play for the college.

I can't help but remember the concern on the faces of some of the parents on Monday night after the fracas...especially the mother of the Ellis twins.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 28, 2012, 07:35:27 AM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #278 on: November 28, 2012, 07:45:55 AM »

Agreed.  I glad you see that way as well.  We just hope that others are as understanding.  We have a meeting in the college from 10am this morning to confirm the way forward.  The recommendation on the table is to give Shiva the game.  We just have to break the news to the players gently now.  Most of the guys were looking forward to the game, this being their last opportunity to play for the college.

I can't help but remember the concern on the faces of some of the parents on Monday night after the fracas...especially the mother of the Ellis twins.

i see the angle pres coming from but what they plan to achieve from it?  this reminds me of 1990 when bro michael in "protest" against the poor field conditions in the national intercol semi final defeat against signal hill forced the team to let st augustine score as many goals as possible.  game ended 11-1,  did that have an impact except ppl thinking pres get serious licks?

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #279 on: November 28, 2012, 07:46:58 AM »
SUSPEND THE LEAGUE

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

dont think that would be fair, punish shiva not everybody.  st augustine make the finals and they should be punished for shiva wrongdoings?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 28, 2012, 08:00:59 AM »
'Hyper' fan pleads guilty
Referee's assistant hit on head

By Innis Francis innis.francis@trinidadexpress.com
Story Created: Nov 27, 2012 at 11:04 PM ECT
Story Updated: Nov 28, 2012 at 5:54 AM ECT
A 53-year-old Penal man appeared in the First San Fernando Magistrates' Court yesterday charged with maliciously wounding referee's assistant Glen Charles.
Charles was allegedly struck on the head during Monday's Coca Cola InterCol South Zone final between Presentation College San Fernando and Shiva Boys Hindu College, at Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella.
Defendant Godfrey Adams, of Dil Mohammed Trace, Penal Rock Road, pleaded guilty to hitting Charles on the head with a bottle during the match.
Court prosecutor Ramdath Phillip said Charles was performing linesman duty at the match when Adams left his seat in the stands, ran onto the playing field and struck the official.
Adams sustained a laceration to the head and was treated at San Fernando General Hospital and discharged.
Phillip said police officers at the stadium chased after Adams and held him a short distance away.
Adams's attorney, Subhas Panday, said he spoke with Adams and he admitted that he got a bit "emotional when he saw his team losing".
Presentation was leading Shiva Boys 2-1 when the incident occurred in the 80th minute of the game.
Panday said: "In view of the context the incident occurred, in a football InterCol, everybody is hyper. There is extreme tension and he thought the linesman was not being fair. I cannot condone it. He went overboard but he had no malicious intentions." 
Panday asked that Deputy Chief Magistrate Rajendra Rambachan impose a non-custodial sentence on Adams.
Phillip said Adams had no previous matters but had a pending matter for disorderly behaviour in 2010.
Rambachan asked that a criminal background trace be done on Adams to determine if the matter was still pending.
The matter was adjourned to today.
Back in Trini...

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 28, 2012, 08:29:49 AM »
Too much drama and meetings yesterday to make any posts.  I could now give my account of what happened in the game on Monday.

I reached the stadium about 3:15pm on Monday. At first I thought the game was called off again as there were about 10 cars in the car park and the stadium was almost deserted. No tassa, no drums, no horns, no setta people.  I sat in the first top seat of the lower (uncovered) section of the covered stands.  Mr. Godfrey Adams...the same man who caused the fracas sat in the isle seat opposite me...only the stairs between us.  There were two other guys there at the time.  No one seemed to know each other but conversation started up.  Adams started by saying that Shiva was an attacking team and Pres was a more defensive team so we were in for a good game of football.  Others started to put in their own two cents.  A little while later the female stadium security officer came and told him to remove his feet from the back of the seats in front of him.  He willingly obliged and profusely apologized to her.  (I say this is a cool fella boy...he ent give the woman no back talk). By then a lot of Shiva supporters were filling up the seats nearby.  They came looking for seats in a hostile mood, saying they ent want no Pres supporters near here.  Anyway the game started and I realised that I in hostile territory and I moved to sit on the isle seat to at the other end...more Presmen there.

My synopsis of the game...  The referee started off good.  There were some questionable decisions at times but you get that at every game.  I thought that some calls were unwarranted and he could have let the game go one without the stoppages, as they seemed to be very minor infringements.  Of course that is from my perspective in the stands.  The good thing though was that he was VERY consistent in his calls...for both teams.  The thing was that most of the infringements went against Shiva Boys who were showing to be more aggressive in their approach. They were showing as though they wanted it more than Pres in the early stages.  Pres gradually got more involved in the game and won a penalty that was put away. That was the first big issue the crowd had with the referee, but it was a good call in my opinion.  In the second half was more of the same from the ref. Funny thing is that there were some tackles by both teams that I thought another ref would have shown yellow cards for, but this one just spoke to the players.  The turning point came when a Shiva midfielder was shown a yellow card for the manner in which he challenged for the ball.  He extended his leg to win a 50-50 ball with studs showing, the ref now trying to stamp his authority on the game issued the yellow.  That started to rile the crowd and a youthman walked down the steps at the side of me cussing and saying he go make a jail today.

All through the second half Mr Adams by now drinking beers that came in the stadium from who knows where, cause they not allowed to sell beers, and or glass bottled drinks in the stadium at school events.  He was cussing at some of the decisions, and the same policeman who dive and tackle him was behind me with a female officer.  They were contemplating approaching him, but didn't, taking into consideration the atmosphere and everything.  Is when the clock started winding down and the linesman refused to raise his flag for what they thought was a hand ball in the Pres area...all hell break loose (slow mo replay showed there was no handball).  Adams say he cyah take it no more and he go buss the muddah so and so head today.  The mudda talk is what get the police moving one time.  They started down the steps next to me, but Adams was already nearly down to the bottom of the steps.  Usually there is security by the bottom stairs leading unto the track, but there were none there that day, so he had free access to the field.  All the time I thought the man just grandcharging eh.  Is when I see him walking across the track and emptying the contents of the Stag bottle as he approaching the linesman whose back was turned...I say nah this man serious boy.  Well  :busshead: he connect the bottle behind the linesman head, and that started the melee. The linesman did well to defend himself though. 

More police came on the scene and fight break out between police and angry spectators.  One police draw he gun and crowd scatter one time, except for the modern badboys who take off they jersey and daring the police to shoot them in front of the crowd. 

We later learnt that the linesman is a Prisons Officer, which is why he was able to defend himself so.  I just wondering if Adams get put away for a couple weeks or months...crapo smoke he pipe in whichever prison they send him to... :whip: :whip: :whip:

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 28, 2012, 09:00:07 AM »

i see the angle pres coming from but what they plan to achieve from it?  this reminds me of 1990 when bro michael in "protest" against the poor field conditions in the national intercol semi final defeat against signal hill forced the team to let st augustine score as many goals as possible.  game ended 11-1,  did that have an impact except ppl thinking pres get serious licks?

We not thinking about no Intercol trophy again for this year.  Our concern is for that our players, the staff, students and players parents.  At the beginning of the term we gave certain commitments to parents concerning their children's safety and education.  We not going against that.  Especially when Shiva supporters leaving the fracas saying "it ent done yet!" 

When you go to play Shiva on their home ground...the dogpatch, it does be very intimidating for supporters and players of opposing teams.  Men does be on the line jeering at players and officials.  The crowd always unruly.  They told Dexter Francis that he cant come back in Penal if he ent bring the title for them on Monday gone.  Them same people was in the stadium Monday, and waiting outside the stadium after the melee.  So who going to guarantee peoples safety outside of the stadium if that game ent go the way of Shiva Boys ?

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 28, 2012, 09:21:17 AM »
I salute Pres for taking the proper stance of not playing the game  :applause:

This is ridiculous... Is a "game" people playing is not life or death.  I can only assure you that as a former player, current coach and referee, the game is difficult for the referee and he can only see it from "his" perspective and the angles in which he sees the game.

If this ass**le lived in the US, he would be facing a felony charge.  They have made it abundantly clear you cannot touch officials. 

In any case, why people so ignorant and stupid dread.  He should get at least a year in jail.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 28, 2012, 10:49:06 AM »
SUSPEND THE FACKING LEAGUE... fair or unfair..its the RIGHT thing to do
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #285 on: November 28, 2012, 10:59:05 AM »
this reminds me of 1990 when bro michael in "protest" against the poor field conditions in the national intercol semi final defeat against signal hill forced the team to let st augustine score as many goals as possible.  game ended 11-1
That game was kicks, though. Forwards playing defence. Defenders playing forward. Man score by accident from de halfway line. They wanted to send the Under-14's but it wasn't allowed.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 28, 2012, 12:08:59 PM »
I believe the FIFA ruling states that if the game plays for 75+ min, and is abandoned, the result stands regardless.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 28, 2012, 12:18:09 PM »
We just launched an official protest against the SSFL decision to replay the game in its entirety or remaining minutes.
According to the media reports, in the court Mr. Adams admitted to being a Shiva Boys supporter, and he brought the game into disrepute by his actions.
There were a number of other arguments put forward which should work in our benefit.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 28, 2012, 12:26:04 PM »
This is the latest correspondence from the SSFL...

November 28, 2012

The Principal

………………………………….

Dear Sir,

Subject: Advise of the TTFF

Please be advised after meeting with the TTFF (governing body for football in T&T) we (the SSFL) were informed that the aborted game between Presentation and Shiva Boys must be replayed in its entirety.

Therefore, on behalf of the SSFL, I wish to inform you that the game will be replayed
tomorrow from 4:00pm at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium.
Also note that the SSFL will
hold fast to the position of only the players & Technical staff will be allowed in the
Stadium for the game. Each school is allowed no more that twenty-five (25) persons
(including players & staff).

Thank you in advance and look forward to your continued cooperation

Respectfully,

For General Secretary
SSFL
N.B. Please disregard earlier notice

Elliot show up in the college this morning to talk about the letter he sent out to the principals, that was received around 6am this morning.
Fuss them is some assholes...yuh know they date the letter Nov 28th, 2012...stating that the game will be played tomorrow, but still expecting that the game would have been played TODAY ?  ::)
So we coulda just show up in the stadium tomorrow, ready to play, and win the game on a technicality.  He feel real stupid when it was pointed out to him.  Anyway he was told by the principal that an official protest was lodged, and by no means are agreeing to any replay of the game.  The players wanted to play at first, but when they were apprised of the circumstances in coming to our decision, they unanimously agreed with the decision.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 12:27:36 PM by pardners »

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #289 on: November 28, 2012, 01:00:22 PM »

We not thinking about no Intercol trophy again for this year.  Our concern is for that our players, the staff, students and players parents.  At the beginning of the term we gave certain commitments to parents concerning their children's safety and education.  We not going against that.  Especially when Shiva supporters leaving the fracas saying "it ent done yet!" 

When you go to play Shiva on their home ground...the dogpatch, it does be very intimidating for supporters and players of opposing teams.  Men does be on the line jeering at players and officials.  The crowd always unruly.  They told Dexter Francis that he cant come back in Penal if he ent bring the title for them on Monday gone.  Them same people was in the stadium Monday, and waiting outside the stadium after the melee.  So who going to guarantee peoples safety outside of the stadium if that game ent go the way of Shiva Boys ?

i agree with the move if safety is the driver behind the decision...talk about exams sound more like excuses.  as for pres stance, the sad thing is things will not change as a result of their actions despite it being the right move.  the SSFL is a bunch of clowns.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 28, 2012, 01:07:38 PM »

Panday said: "In view of the context the incident occurred, in a football InterCol, everybody is hyper. There is extreme tension and he thought the linesman was not being fair. I cannot condone it. He went overboard but he had no malicious intentions." 
Panday asked that Deputy Chief Magistrate Rajendra Rambachan impose a non-custodial sentence on Adams.

No malice whatsoever... his reasons were purely scientific, he wanted to see how much force was necessary to knock some favorable calls into the linesman.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 28, 2012, 01:13:01 PM »
We later learnt that the linesman is a Prisons Officer, which is why he was able to defend himself so.  I just wondering if Adams get put away for a couple weeks or months...crapo smoke he pipe in whichever prison they send him to... :whip: :whip: :whip:

So what yuh saying... de ability tuh windmill yuh arms and swing from behind yuh back is a prerequisite among Prisons Officers?

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #292 on: November 28, 2012, 01:23:19 PM »
this reminds me of 1990 when bro michael in "protest" against the poor field conditions in the national intercol semi final defeat against signal hill forced the team to let st augustine score as many goals as possible.  game ended 11-1
That game was kicks, though. Forwards playing defence. Defenders playing forward. Man score by accident from de halfway line. They wanted to send the Under-14's but it wasn't allowed.

yeah when Pres score Mikey egt vex.  If he wasnt ah catholic priest cuss words woulda fly out his mouth.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2012 Boys & Girls SSFL & InterCol Thread.
« Reply #293 on: November 28, 2012, 01:46:16 PM »

A 53-year-old Penal man appeared in the First San Fernando Magistrates' Court yesterday charged with maliciously wounding referee's assistant Glen Charles.
Charles was allegedly struck on the head during Monday's Coca Cola InterCol South Zone final between Presentation College San Fernando and Shiva Boys Hindu College, at Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella.
Defendant Godfrey Adams, of Dil Mohammed Trace, Penal Rock Road, pleaded guilty to hitting Charles on the head with a bottle during the match.
Court prosecutor Ramdath Phillip said Charles was performing linesman duty at the match when Adams left his seat in the stands, ran onto the playing field and struck the official.
Adams sustained a laceration to the head and was treated at San Fernando General Hospital and discharged.
Phillip said police officers at the stadium chased after Adams and held him a short distance away.
Adams's attorney, Subhas Panday, said he spoke with Adams and he admitted that he got a bit "emotional when he saw his team losing".
Presentation was leading Shiva Boys 2-1 when the incident occurred in the 80th minute of the game.
Phillip said Adams had no previous matters but had a pending matter for disorderly behaviour in 2010.
Rambachan asked that a criminal background trace be done on Adams to determine if the matter was still pending.

" no malicious intentions "

Such shit.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 28, 2012, 03:38:41 PM »

No malice whatsoever... his reasons were purely scientific, he wanted to see how much force was necessary to knock some favorable calls into the linesman.

Boy that made me laugh..
allyuh talking like mikey never cuss tho..i remember he had to take me to hospital once in school after i bit straight through my lip playing football a lunchtime, mikey get a bad drive and is level cuss fly out.
Back in Trini...

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 28, 2012, 05:18:38 PM »
I believe the FIFA ruling states that if the game plays for 75+ min, and is abandoned, the result stands regardless.

I thought it was 45+ that the result will stand but that could just be a rule here in US youth soccer because I know in conditions of inclement weather, lightening, etc the score stands if the game is canceled past half time. Regardless though I think the result should stand if 80 mins was played as opposed to re-playing the entire game.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 28, 2012, 05:34:07 PM »

i remember that...a skinny fella who used to be a sub score that goal...cant remember his name

i agree with the decision by jaiks and the admin.  some things are more important than trophies...let shiva boys get they lil pips...what else they have going for them??? ::)

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #297 on: November 28, 2012, 08:04:41 PM »

i remember that...a skinny fella who used to be a sub score that goal...cant remember his name

i agree with the decision by jaiks and the admin.  some things are more important than trophies...let shiva boys get they lil pips...what else they have going for them??? ::)

Justin Ram.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 28, 2012, 08:10:03 PM »

There should be legislation that recognizes attacks on match officials, coaches etc as a separate and specific offence above and beyond generic assault etc.

Bakes?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 28, 2012, 08:18:16 PM »

I thought it was 45+ that the result will stand but that could just be a rule here in US youth soccer because I know in conditions of inclement weather, lightening, etc the score stands if the game is canceled past half time. Regardless though I think the result should stand if 80 mins was played as opposed to re-playing the entire game.

Nah, iz more than 45+. As a general observation, "a lot" of soccer in the U.S. doesn't conform to all the FIFA rules. Your state association may have exercised some discretion.

High school ball in the States is such a example ... the rules emanate from the local governing authorities rather than the overarching FIFA rule (of course, where there is conformity to some degree, but distinctions exist ... NCAA ball is another example, although under the NCAA the rule is substantially beyond 45+.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 08:22:13 PM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>