April 23, 2024, 03:02:04 AM

Author Topic: Could I tryout??? Problem.. I live in the USA  (Read 2254 times)

Offline R3AL Perfection

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Could I tryout??? Problem.. I live in the USA
« on: September 06, 2012, 02:46:59 PM »
Hey my name is Jason Akal. I live in the USA but always dreamed to play for my country. Who would I have to talk to in order for me to get more information? Me and my brother want to come down, tryout out and help TT go back to the world cup!!!

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Re: Could I tryout??? Problem.. I live in the USA
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 04:15:31 PM »
Google redirect you to the wrong site. I believe this is the place you looking for. Click link below.

http://www.ringling.com/
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 04:50:20 PM »
Google redirect you to the wrong site. I believe this is the place you looking for. Click link below.

:rotfl: So cold!

Offline rastarocket7

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 05:05:29 PM »
Hey my name is Jason Akal. I live in the USA but always dreamed to play for my country. Who would I have to talk to in order for me to get more information? Me and my brother want to come down, tryout out and help TT go back to the world cup!!!
I'm in the same boat man I live in Oklahoma. And it's pretty hard trying to find info online

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 09:46:24 PM »
Guys, I can't speak for other clubs, but Central F.C. have pretty much filled their roster for now. We'd love more players, but budget constraints mean we can't sign any more players.

Now I'm saying this because we have had a number of overseas players fly over and try out for us. Their standard isn't bad, but we have to measure their ability against their cost. If we have a player who is nearly as good as an overseas player at half the cost, then we will take the local.

However, if a player has far greater ability and potential than an average local player and his attitude is good, we may be able to find a way to bring him on board.

The question always is this: Are you good enough, or do you just think that you're good enough? Because it's you guys who have to spend good money to fly over and try out.

As much as I want to be positive and encourage you, I also don't want you to waste your time and money. However, we would certainly welcome you to train with the team for a couple of weeks if you decide to come over.

Next problem is that the FIFA International Transfer Window has closed, so if you have ever been registered with a club in USA, you won't be able to transfer until December 17th. However, if you have T&T citizenship and were released from your previous club during the last transfer window, this won't be a barrier.

If you would like to contact me and discuss further please email: kh.centralfc@gmail.com

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 09:47:09 PM »

You're wicked, man!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 09:57:44 PM »
Guys, I can't speak for other clubs, but Central F.C. have pretty much filled their roster for now. We'd love more players, but budget constraints mean we can't sign any more players.

Now I'm saying this because we have had a number of overseas players fly over and try out for us. Their standard isn't bad, but we have to measure their ability against their cost. If we have a player who is nearly as good as an overseas player at half the cost, then we will take the local.

However, if a player has far greater ability and potential than an average local player and his attitude is good, we may be able to find a way to bring him on board.

The question always is this: Are you good enough, or do you just think that you're good enough? Because it's you guys who have to spend good money to fly over and try out.

As much as I want to be positive and encourage you, I also don't want you to waste your time and money. However, we would certainly welcome you to train with the team for a couple of weeks if you decide to come over.

Next problem is that the FIFA International Transfer Window has closed, so if you have ever been registered with a club in USA, you won't be able to transfer until December 17th. However, if you have T&T citizenship and were released from your previous club during the last transfer window, this won't be a barrier.

If you would like to contact me and discuss further please email: kh.centralfc@gmail.com

I think they were talking about tryouts for the National team... but I think what you shared is important food for their thought as well.  With regards to the transfer window... if they are free agents, they could still be picked up by any club outside of the transfer window, no?  No club holds their registration (if they're FAs) therefore they're not being "transferred"... see, Michael Owens and Stoke.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 11:36:56 PM »
This is why some ppl does get fed up with Trinis eh.

The man ask a question, wants to contribute to his country and he getting picong (FS aside).

Perfection and Rasta Rocket, we have a forum on this site to hype yourself and your CV:

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?board=15.0

My secondary advice is get the phone numbers of all the clubs, phone them directly and ask them who to send your CV to. If you are citizens of TT/born there, that would be advantageous in terms of paper work etc.

You can get club info from the net or the PFL.

When talking about yourselves might be a good idea to give us an idea of your accomplishments etc.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 01:41:59 AM »
This info is old but might be helpful:

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=37120.0
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 09:11:33 AM »

I think they were talking about tryouts for the National team... but I think what you shared is important food for their thought as well.  With regards to the transfer window... if they are free agents, they could still be picked up by any club outside of the transfer window, no?  No club holds their registration (if they're FAs) therefore they're not being "transferred"... see, Michael Owens and Stoke.

Its complicated, but probably simple once you get your head around it! I made the same assumption with the signing of James McFadden last year. FIFA rules state that if you are released before the opening of the transfer window, you can only sign during that window. However, if you are released during the window you can sign between transfer windows. So, "free agent" relates to player who was released during the window. Most clubs try to do this to assist a player, however, last season, Willis Plaza was not able to sign with North East until the transfer window, so had no choice but to remain at Jabloteh and sign a new contract in order to earn a living.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 11:34:37 AM »

Don't waste your time youth. You might as well go and plant peas in Tobago.

The fact of the matter is, Trinidad football just not in a good state right now for you to even risk spending your mother's hard earn money on a cheap Caribbean Airlines flight to Trinidad to tryout.

As you found out yourself, you can't even find relevant information online. This says a lot by itself.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

1]; } ?>