March 28, 2024, 02:31:36 PM

Author Topic: ‘Warriors’ not invited to 50 Legends dinner  (Read 5794 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Re: ‘Warriors’ not invited to 50 Legends dinner
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2012, 06:00:15 PM »
Just emagim sports legend selection and all is a foxup. lawd father help we please nutting is being done right in we corntree .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2012, 09:49:54 PM »
Should Bennett, Durant, ... For Horse Racing be included?

For overall sports man ..... what about Marcus Minshall (brother of Peter) .... represented T'dad (if I am not mistaken) in Cricket (also WI), football, rugby,... men's hockey etc.   

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2012, 07:00:56 AM »
First and Foremost I don't see how, within the context of the event- 50 legends dinner,-they did anybody anything and don't get why Sancho feel they should be there.  Now I am not naive, I is a Trini too, so I know de list built corrupt and when ah say corrupt ah mean bias corrupt.
So is expected, even down to de locking down of them specific dates, could be (ok more than likely is) to allow them to keep out who they didn't want.
Plenty of the names raised by others (some I know and agree with) would (in my opinion) be valid left outs and should probably warrant an inquiry in a utopian society, But Sancho and Dennis Lawrence don't qualify as no valid left outs and then, if not, why are they crying about being left out of a gala celebrating players that have excelled more than their level.
 Now if Shaka Hislop didn't get ah call, they woulda have grounds to complain but cyd gray next to Alvin Corneal and De Labastide, are you kidding me. 

I'm just saying!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2012, 07:55:32 AM »
Some things I will never understand.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2012, 08:01:31 AM »
Should Bennett, Durant, ... For Horse Racing be included?

For overall sports man ..... what about Marcus Minshall (brother of Peter) .... represented T'dad (if I am not mistaken) in Cricket (also WI), football, rugby,... men's hockey etc.   

Excellent call!  Another QRC Legend! :beermug:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2012, 12:58:51 PM »
The only footballers that should be there is the 2006 Warriors and Dwight Yorke. No other footballers have achieve anything of this magnitude. Once you start bringing this one was "good" and that one was "good", then everyone have an argument to be included.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2012, 01:28:18 PM »
buh every man haffe eat ah food Dinner :devil:

ppl does sweat to much small stuff oui

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2012, 07:14:21 PM »
Them f00ckers hungry for a plate of food.

Boycott they ass, doh sell out.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2012, 10:16:41 PM »
The only footballers that should be there is the 2006 Warriors and Dwight Yorke. No other footballers have achieve anything of this magnitude. Once you start bringing this one was "good" and that one was "good", then everyone have an argument to be included.

maybe no football team has Elan but you said no footballers?  A special honorary mention and an award should have been given to a representative of that 06 Team (probably the captain or coach) But the fact still seems that under de auspice of 50 legends, Theobald and Evans Wise aren't that!
 I'm sure, because de island small and is only so much accomplishments that has been realized by the outside world it should seem like "well just tell everyone nah" but this event was not about accomplishments alone but more about accomplishers and as such, Cyd Gray would have to get by Kerry Jam. Ancil El.  Avery Jhn and Dog; far less for Dennis Law to get ah invite to dat.   (and we don't rate defenders so) -YDK!-

Disclaimer: At de end of de day, these buggers have enough paper to invite everyone and make it nice for everybody and make people feel like family and liked and wanted and....  But prejudices remain in tact, bad blood rules the day and professionalism or a lack thereof dictates de pace. So ultimately de Heads real nasty and doh care bout people and heartless; that being said what is going on with Sancho and dem?   Gally is not the most liked man in football but he get his award based on his merits and the humans choosing; Sancho, cannot sit at the same table with Gally, or Lincoln,  Dwight, or Latas, Jerren Nixon or Arnold Dawrika for that fact so.... stop beggin food and fightin friend!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 10:20:30 PM by davidephraim »
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2012, 09:51:53 AM »
These hungry players just dont give up I tell you.

Sancho should have been invited though, cause he is the only T&T player to have scored a goal in the World Cup.

Jack will rise again and the world will beg for him to come back and I hope he says NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2012, 09:22:13 PM »
you is a tun tun Horner....get rich spoil brat tun tun... jail go like allyuh...go ahead
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFF says don’t blame us for awards slight.
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2012, 05:43:16 AM »
TTFF says don’t blame us for awards slight.
T&T Guardian Reports.

The T&T Football Federation has rejected responsibility for the failure of the members of the Soca Warriors to be present at the recent Top 50 Sporting Legends Awards Ceremony at the Trinidad Hilton.

In a release yesterday, the Federation said it received notification of the decision by the organising and selection committee that the 2006 Trinidad and Tobago World Cup Team would be honoured for its achievements.

The Federation noted that it was told by the organising committee that a decision was taken that the captain of the team, Dwight Yorke, would receive the award on the team’s behalf.

“At no time was there any discussion over which members should or should not be invited to the dinner. At no point was there any further advice or discussion on all 24 members of the team being invited.”

It pointed out that Russell Latapy was invited due to his selection as one of the legends in football (apart from the 2006 World Cup team) and Shaka Hislop was invited on a personal level by a member of the Organising Committee. The TTFF said it regreted all misinterpretations.

The Federation also announced that the Men’s Under 20 team will not be travelling to Fort Lauderdale this weekend for a two-match training camp with Canada’s Under-20 team.

“The T&T team has qualified for the final round of Caribbean Under 20 qualification for the 2013 Fifa Under-20 World Cup, but the TTFF has regrettably been forced to put on hold all preparations of the Men’s Under 20 and Under-17 teams due to a lack of funding.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Harford: Warriors' Legends snub is non-issue; Cyd Gray disagrees
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2012, 10:39:51 AM »
Harford: Warriors’ “Legends” absence is non-issue
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Anthony Harford, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) marketing manager, said that ongoing High Court action might have influenced the non-invitation to the 2006 World Cup players for the Sport Ministry’s 50 Greatest Legends in Sport award ceremony. And he insisted that their absence from the Jubilee function is a non-issue.
Thirteen past and present “Soca Warriors” are engaged in legal action against the TTFF over non-paid bonuses from the country’s historic appearance at the Germany 2006 World Cup.
“We have ongoing litigation with this group of boys and there is no communication apart from in the High Court,” Harford told Wired868.com. “So let the captain (Dwight Yorke) pick up the award. I don’t think the TTFF erred or they are monsters.”
Harford, who was also a convener for the Legends selection committee, said he could not confirm whether the TTFF intentionally snubbed its most famous squad but admitted that he would understand if they did.
“It is a unique situation,” said Harford. “They recently raided the TTFF offices. I’m not saying that (the TTFF) took that into consideration but I could understand if they did.”
The 13 World Cup 2006 players involved in litigation against the TTFF are: Stern John, Kenwyne Jones, Cornell Glen, Collin Samuel, Aurtis Whitley, Evans Wise, Anthony Wolfe, David Atiba Charles, Avery John, Cyd Gray, Brent Sancho, Kelvin Jack and Shaka Hislop.
Read More: http://www.wired868.com/2012/09/08/harford-warriors-legends-absence-is-non-issue/

1]; } ?>