April 28, 2024, 09:44:05 PM

Author Topic: Wired868 previews Barca-Madrid Super Cup  (Read 3396 times)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wired868 previews Barca-Madrid Super Cup
« on: August 27, 2012, 08:43:05 PM »
Madrid prepares for Barcelona examination
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

“Are you a football fan?” I asked the taxi-driver, who collected me at the Barajas Madrid Airport.
“Yes,” he said. “Real Madrid.”

His eyes searched mine through the rear view mirror for a few seconds. It resembled the look of a man who had just shown off his girlfriend and now hungered for a sign of approval.

My maiden visit to Madrid comes courtesy of DirecTV’s Madrid Tour 2012 and either good luck or a signal of Wired868’s early inroads into the Trinidad and Tobago’s sporting consciousness. I could live with either explanation for my selection at the moment.

Abraham, who looked to be in his 60s, was my first interviewee and he seemed a tad insecure.
“We lost to Getafe last night,” he said. “Getafe?! I would not mind so much (if it was) Barcelona or Valencia or a big club. But Getafe?!”

If the words seemed bitter, the speaker appeared more tortured than aggressive.

Real Madrid beat Barcelona to the 2011/12 La Liga title, which should make it unofficially the best football club in the world—even without the European Champions’ League crown or the less heralded FIFA World Cup title. They amassed a number of records on the way too including 100 points and an amazing goal difference of +89.

But a stroll through north Madrid suggested that the “Madridistas” have not completely exorcised the inferiority complex that took hold when ex-Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola took the Catalan club to the capital in 1999 and trounced Real 6-2 en route to the first of two successive league triumphs.

Read More

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 04:40:59 AM by Flex »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wired868 previews Barca-Madrid Super Cup
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 09:38:21 PM »
In 1999?  :D

But nice read.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 09:46:05 PM »
Well spotted. Thanks;-)

Madrid prepares for Barcelona examination

“Are you a football fan?” I asked the taxi-driver, who collected me at the Barajas Madrid Airport.
“Yes,” he said. “Real Madrid.”

His eyes searched mine through the rear view mirror for a few seconds. It resembled the look of a man who had just shown off his girlfriend and now hungered for a sign of approval.

My maiden visit to Madrid comes courtesy of DirecTV’s Madrid Tour 2012 and either good luck or a signal of Wired868’s early inroads into the Trinidad and Tobago’s sporting consciousness. I could live with either explanation for my selection at the moment.

Abraham, who looked to be in his 60s, was my first interviewee and he seemed a tad insecure.
“We lost to Getafe last night,” he said. “Getafe?! I would not mind so much (if it was) Barcelona or Valencia or a big club. But Getafe?!”

If the words seemed bitter, the speaker appeared more tortured than aggressive.

Real Madrid beat Barcelona to the 2011/12 La Liga title, which should make it unofficially the best football club in the world—even without the European Champions’ League crown or the less heralded FIFA World Cup title. They amassed a number of records on the way too including 100 points and an amazing goal difference of +89.

But a stroll through north Madrid suggested that the “Madridistas” have not completely exorcised the inferiority complex that took hold when ex-Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola took the Catalan club to the capital in 2009 and trounced Real 6-2 en route to the first of two successive league triumphs.

Read More

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 04:42:00 AM by Flex »

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mischievous Mourinho takes fresh jab at Barcelona
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 04:46:15 PM »
Mourinho stokes fires ahead of El Clásico

It is a new La Liga season but prepare for the same old José Mourinho.
As Real Madrid try to recover from last Thursday’s 3-2 first leg Spanish Supercopa deficit, the highly successful but equally controversial Portuguese coach returned to one of his old classics by accusing rival Barcelona of influencing the outcome of its matches off the field of play.
Incidentally, Mourinho’s most provocative soundbyte was the only statement he made in English during this afternoon’s press conference at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu. His mischievous assertion was not verbal but a rubbing motion between right thumb and forefinger.
In April 2011, Mourinho wondered aloud whether the United Nations Children’s Fund—Barcelona’s shirt sponsors—was somehow involved in supposedly favourable refereeing decisions enjoyed by the famous Catalan club after Barcelona knocked Madrid out of the European Champions League.
Madrid is the defending La Liga champion now but Mourinho has not changed his opinion, which is totally unsupported by fact, that Barcelona enjoys an unseen advantage beyond the magical left boot of Argentine sensation Lionel Messi.
“Between those two clubs, no result in the first leg is a result that you cannot change,” said Mouinho. “We lost last season at home in the (Copa Del Rey), we lost here (and) we went to Barcelona and we didn’t win for something.”
Mourinho rubbed his right thumb and forefinger before continuing.
Read More: http://www.wired868.com/2012/08/28/mourinho-stokes-fires-ahead-of-el-clasico/

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 09:20:08 PM »
Somehow I think after you have jumped your neighbour's fence often enough and played with his dogs before picking his fruits you develop little fear for his threats.... Mourinho cant talk his way to victory vs Barca ....

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 04:41:33 AM »
Somehow I think after you have jumped your neighbour's fence often enough and played with his dogs before picking his fruits you develop little fear for his threats.... Mourinho cant talk his way to victory vs Barca ....

Of course! Especially if the neighbour (Barca) is in bed with your wife (the Referee)...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 05:02:36 AM »
Jose Mourinho wants to beat Barca to much, if he relax and play his game, Real will stand a better chance.

Barca is technically better, Real is tactically better.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 05:32:08 AM »
You mean Barca is tiki-tactically better

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 08:06:12 AM »
Jose Mourinho wants to beat Barca to much, if he relax and play his game, Real will stand a better chance.

Good point. 

well, whatever Real is better at, they need to impose that will and win the games......and thuggin' it out on the field won't work, either, I hope they got that message by now.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 09:48:25 AM »

Good point. 

well, whatever Real is better at, they need to impose that will and win the games......and thuggin' it out on the field won't work, either, I hope they got that message by now.

Real / Mourinho seems to have the team too focused on the physical. This is surprising since Real has a team capable of a very technical varied attack. Don't see any better tactics per say. Last game it was very physical play, designed to break rhythm & it seems Real were looking for set plays to get goals. Then again that could be the tactic, since Barca struggle on crosses / corners etc.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 09:58:15 AM »

Good point. 

Real / Mourinho seems to have the team too focused on the physical. This is surprising since Real has a team capable of a very technical varied attack. Don't see any better tactics per say. Last game it was very physical play, designed to break rhythm & it seems Real were looking for set plays to get goals. Then again that could be the tactic, since Barca struggle on crosses / corners etc.

I agree wit yuh...kinda....but ah doh disagree....if dat make sense. lol!  I have seen Real (under Jose) come out to play "football" and do well against Barca......at least, well enough....well enough to think that maybe they can have some legitimate success against them.....I have also seen them (under Jose) come out and just "play football" and get blown out....so, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.....what NEVER works for them is the rough-house nonsense, and I def. agree with you that lately they really seem to have put too much fucus on is and all it does is put them in bad standing with the referee during the game and put them at a (greater?) disadvantage.   

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 10:47:50 AM »

Good point. 

I agree wit yuh...kinda....but ah doh disagree....if dat make sense. lol!  I have seen Real (under Jose) come out to play "football" and do well against Barca......at least, well enough....well enough to think that maybe they can have some legitimate success against them.....I have also seen them (under Jose) come out and just "play football" and get blown out....so, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.....what NEVER works for them is the rough-house nonsense, and I def. agree with you that lately they really seem to have put too much fucus on is and all it does is put them in bad standing with the referee during the game and put them at a (greater?) disadvantage.   

The only time I see Real come out and go toe for toe, they lost bad. Since that I really have not seen Real have a go at Barca. Ok they get burned, but it seemed to make them real shy (no pun intended), which surprise me, because Barca back 4 shakey when people run at them. Real / Mourinho have had a tendency to depend on the counter, which in fairness has worked for them. I just would like to see Real let loose with their big four (Ronaldo, DeMaria, Ozil & Higuain)
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 12:10:19 PM »

Good point. 

The only time I see Real come out and go toe for toe, they lost bad. Since that I really have not seen Real have a go at Barca. Ok they get burned, but it seemed to make them real shy (no pun intended), which surprise me, because Barca back 4 shakey when people run at them. Real / Mourinho have had a tendency to depend on the counter, which in fairness has worked for them. I just would like to see Real let loose with their big four (Ronaldo, DeMaria, Ozil & Higuain)

Excuse, what about the 2-2 draw at the Camp Nou where Barca couldn't wait for the whistle to blow?
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 12:23:31 PM »
Observer:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7hh-pjooSlc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7hh-pjooSlc</a>
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 12:26:20 PM »

Good point. 

I doh really think Barca's back four is as shaky as they can be perceived....but I do agree that RM have the weapons to giddem some heat.....I guess the problem is that RM have to figure out a way to stop Barca when they do go forward themselves.

.....excuse....Toppa.....dey probably had something important to do after de game.   :devil:

modified: *I guess Ray Hudson's final words at the end basically said it all what Observer and I are saying: Real need focus less on being thugs and more on being a team of footballers when they play Barca.  Especially jackass pepe*
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:32:14 PM by Mango Chow! »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 12:30:26 PM »
lol Whatever, Barca were running scared.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 12:36:19 PM »
lol Whatever, Barca were running scared.

Ah know it go help allyuh confidence to believe dat eh....but is LIX in allyuh ass on Friday!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 12:37:23 PM »

modified: *I guess Ray Hudson's final words at the end basically said it all what Observer and I are saying: Real need focus less on being thugs and more on being a team of footballers when they play Barca.  Especially jackass pepe*

Yuh so mauvais langue.

Hudson was talking about Real Madrid whining about the ref, not about them being thugs.

In that match they went toe-to-toe with Barca, outplayed them in the 1st half but were unfortunate to have had two goals scored against them.

They came back in the 2nd half and scored two goals themselves to equalise.  :P
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 12:47:34 PM »

Yuh so mauvais langue.

Hudson was talking about Real Madrid whining about the ref, not about them being thugs.

In that match they went toe-to-toe with Barca, outplayed them in the 1st half but were unfortunate to have had two goals scored against them.

:D  :laugh:  Eh, I eh mauvais langue ah TALL!  He said "they should look in the mirror" to point out that whatever complaints they was tryin' to have at de referee (see how dey was chargin' at him and had to be restrained at the end) they needed to consider that they brought his wrath or apathty (or both) upon themselves with dey nasty, thuggish play.  Yuh see when pepe did unnecessarily kick dong a man @ 13:57?  Yuh KNOW....he is de last man need to be gettin' in referee face.   :laugh:

And even so...is STILL only one (more) game dat Barca eh embarrass allyuh so many times these past few years.  When last a RM player geet a standing ovation in Camp Nou?  :devil: 

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 12:49:58 PM »

Yuh so mauvais langue.

:D  :laugh:  Eh, I eh mauvais langue ah TALL!  He said "they should look in the mirror" to point out that whatever complaints they was tryin' to have at de referee (see how dey was chargin' at him and had to be restrained at the end) they needed to consider that they brought his wrath or apathty (or both) upon themselves with dey nasty, thuggish play.  Yuh see when pepe did unnecessarily kick dong a man @ 13:57?  Yuh KNOW....he is de last man need to be gettin' in referee face.   :laugh:

And even so...is STILL only one (more) game dat Barca eh embarrass allyuh so many times these past few years.  When last a RM player geet a standing ovation in Camp Nou?  :devil: 

All dat is small ting. Check we team for the next match.

www.westindiantube.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 01:34:31 PM »

Yuh so mauvais langue.

All dat is small ting. Check we team for the next match.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Aye! Yuh too dam mauvais langue!  Leave my boy Valdes alone eh! lmao!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 01:45:38 PM »
 :D  :D
www.westindiantube.com

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 07:53:51 PM »
Madrid ambushes Barcelona to lift Supercopa

On the last occasion that Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova took his eye off Real Madrid boss José Mourinho, he almost lost it.
Vilanova was assistant to Pep Guardiola for the second leg of the 2011 Spanish Supercopa when Mourinho inexplicably yanked at the former man’s face during a fracas.
In the wee hours of this morning in Madrid, Vilanova lost only his pride. And yet it is uncertain which hurt more.
Real Madrid, the defending champions of La Liga, snapped up the first trophy of the 2012/13 season this morning with a 2-1 victory against their arch-nemesis at the Estadoi Santiago Bernabeu. And the murmurings in the capital, after two losses and a defeat, gave way to gusty songs of “Campeones, Campeones.”
For Vilanova, this might have felt like another mugging.
In the first half hour, Barcelona was already two goals behind and a man down while Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo looked in the mood to rip to pieces one of the world’s greatest teams.
Read more: http://www.wired868.com/2012/08/29/madrid-ambushes-barcelona-to-lift-supercopa/

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wired868 captures the Bernabeu experience for Madrid's Super Cup win
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 09:09:35 PM »
Madrid ambushes Barcelona to lift Supercopa

On the last occasion that Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova took his eye off Real Madrid boss José Mourinho, he almost lost it.
Vilanova was assistant to Pep Guardiola for the second leg of the 2011 Spanish Supercopa when Mourinho inexplicably yanked at the former man’s face during a fracas.
In the wee hours of this morning in Madrid, Vilanova lost only his pride. And yet it is uncertain which hurt more.
Real Madrid, the defending champions of La Liga, snapped up the first trophy of the 2012/13 season this morning with a 2-1 victory against their arch-nemesis at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu. And the murmurings in the capital, after two losses and a defeat, gave way to gusty songs of “Campeones, Campeones.”
In the first half hour, Barcelona was already two goals behind and a man down while Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo looked in the mood to rip to pieces one of the world’s greatest teams.
Read more: http://www.wired868.com/2012/08/29/madrid-ambushes-barcelona-to-lift-supercopa/

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wired868 captures the Bernabeu experience for Madrid's Super Cup win
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 09:39:44 PM »
Haha I enjoy your articles. :)
www.westindiantube.com

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 09:42:58 PM »
Real Madrid, the defending champions of La Liga, snapped up the first trophy of the 2012/13 season this morning with a 2-1 victory against their arch-nemesis at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu. And the murmurings in the capital, after two losses and a defeat, gave way to gusty songs of “Campeones, Campeones.”

??????

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 01:42:26 AM »
Madrid lost to Barcelona and Getafe already this season and drew its first league match... Should I make that clearer? And thanks for feedback:-)

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 06:19:19 AM »
Then you should correct that and it should read two losses and a draw, or two defeats and a draw because two losses and a defeat means three losses or three defeats. As far as I know a loss is a defeat and a defeat is a loss. Now that is clear!!!! ;D

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 06:47:47 AM »
Oh my! Sorry. My eyes were playing tricks on me, which can happen when you're writing at about 3 am! Thanks for pointing it out... I should be able to afford a full time editor for a second pair of eyes eventually:-)

1]; } ?>