March 28, 2024, 05:43:00 AM

Author Topic: COYS!! The Official Thread Of The Lillywhites of North London  (Read 5042 times)

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
COYS!! The Official Thread Of The Lillywhites of North London
« on: August 31, 2012, 03:16:00 PM »
I'm not sure Tottenham has a thread on here and if they do, feel free to delete this.

If not, allow me to make this one!  Pretty sure I'm the only Spurs fan on this forum but hopefully someone will prove me wrong!

History

Now one of the greatest Football Clubs in England and Europe, with passionate supporters all around the world, it is hard to imagine that the club was built from such humble beginnings. According to legend a small group of boys gathered in Tottenham High Road in 1880 and decided to form a football team. Many were already members of the 'Hotspur Cricket Club', which played its matches at nearby Northumberland Park, and they wanted to keep themselves occupied and together as a team during the winter season. So the new football club was created and named 'Hotspur' the same as the cricket club. The name had been chosen because Tottenham and the surrounding district formed part of the great estates of the Percy Family. Sir Henry Percy was the son of the first Earl of Northumberland who had been nicknamed Harry Hotspur and had a reputation as a bold and courageous warrior.

Their early matches were played on the vast expanses of Tottenham marshes before moving to their first enclosed ground in Northumberland Park in 1890. They had become members of the Football Association in 1888 but it was not until 1896 that the club joined the Southern League. Then in 1899 they moved from Northumberland Park to their present ground at White Hart Lane because they were attracting crowds of over 15,000 spectators for their matches. It was when still in the Southern League that the 'Spurs' first won the FA Cup in 1901 beating Sheffield United 1-0. At this time they were still a non-league and so became the only non-league club to win the FA Cup a feat that is never likely to be achieved again.

Championships
League
Football League First Division (champions)    2    1950–51, 1960–61
Football League First Division (runners-up)    4    1921–22, 1951–52, 1956–57, 1962–63
Football League Second Division (champions)    2    1919–20, 1949–50
Football League Second Division (runners-up)    2    1908–09, 1932–33
Southern League (champions)    1    1899–1900
Western League (champions)    1    1903–04
Domestic cups
FA Cup (winners)    8    1901, 1921, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1982, 1991
FA Cup (runners-up)    1    1987
League Cup (winners)    4    1971, 1973, 1999, 2008
League Cup (runners-up)    3    1982, 2002, 2009
FA Charity Shield (winners)    7 (3 shared)    1921, 1951, 1961, 1962, (1967, 1981, 1991)
FA Charity Shield (runners-up)    2    1920, 1982
European cups
UEFA Cup (winners)    2    1972 (inaugural winners), 1984
UEFA Cup (runners-up)    1    1974
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (winners)    1    1963
Anglo-Italian League Cup (winners)    1    1971

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: COYS!! The Official Thread Of The Lillywhites of North London
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 04:17:59 PM »
 :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:  :D

There's only ONE TEAM in NORTH LONDON and they are RED!  ;D

OK don't mind me...carry on!  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 04:22:00 PM »
Spurs are a nice club. Well organised and have a great community spirit. I'm not a fan, but during my days at the PFA, I looked after the players there, so watched quite a few games. The football in the community manager, Grant Cornwell, received an MBE for his services to the community.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 04:35:58 PM »
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:  :D

There's only ONE TEAM in NORTH LONDON and they are RED!  ;D

OK don't mind me...carry on!  :beermug:

Big Up!

Go back south to where you came from!!!!

Lol, thanks mate!  :beermug:

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 06:41:49 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZkHENGoTGRQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZkHENGoTGRQ</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 08:16:27 AM »
Spurs, to me, was the beautifullest thing outta England in de 80's.....that F.A. Cup run in the '80-'81 season was nothing short of magical......they still was a team to be reckoned with in the 90's.....and it all started falling apart when they change they uniforms from adidas to pony. Dat was the beginning of the end. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 08:20:09 AM »
Ossie and Ricky!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 01:20:02 PM »

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 09:32:55 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZkHENGoTGRQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZkHENGoTGRQ</a>

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 04:58:43 AM »
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 05:03:07 AM by Jumbie »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 07:34:31 AM »

SAY SPURS SAY HUDDLE
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 09:16:57 PM »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 10:10:15 PM »

SAY SPURS SAY HUDDLE

Say Spurs say Tottingham (a la Mr Ardiles)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 10:57:30 AM »
ah wonder how long levy go tolerate AVB.

side eh looking as good as in de 'arry glory days.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 12:26:16 PM »
Allyuh ketch me they.......

I thought Jean Lillywhite open a coaching school in London or something...............

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2012, 08:42:36 AM »
FIRE! d imposter from Portugal IMMEDIATELY!

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2012, 09:52:56 AM »
 :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead:

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 09:08:28 AM »
Hard luck Spurs fans. The side fought hard but Adebayor really kill allyuh. Villas Boas took far too long to make those changes as well. Coulda make adjustments before half time. By then the game was done. I think AVB was just as much to blame for the magnitude of the defeat.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 07:17:46 PM »
Hard luck Spurs fans. The side fought hard but Adebayor really kill allyuh. Villas Boas took far too long to make those changes as well. Coulda make adjustments before half time. By then the game was done. I think AVB was just as much to blame for the magnitude of the defeat.

i agree.... thought he coulda put more men behind the ball...maybe take off lennon or defo earlier, bring on a taller player cause giroud give naughton and gallas a run for they money in the air.

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2012, 11:02:08 AM »
What's the story with Kaboul? Where he gone? I find he is quality.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2012, 04:51:11 PM »
Koboul, Scottie, and Benny should all be back in January.   If we can stay in the top 6-8 going into the break, I'll be happy.  As I say every week over on the Big Soccer forum, I HATE Gallas and really wish we gave the boy Dawson more of a chance.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2012, 09:07:53 AM »
Finishing strong in the closing of our 2012 campaign, I would like to recap and share my thoughts going into 2013.

Dembele is no Modric but he is definitely are creativity in that midfield.  While he only plays about 70 min a game, I am extremely happy with him and love the passes he starts on counters.

Sandro is are underrated player of the year.  Consistent on both sides of the ball and is attacking a lot more this year.  He seems more confident and his steals in the midfield have led us to 7 goals this season.

Naughton and Caulker aren't stars but they have stepped up well..especially Naughton who lacks size but still hangs in there in tough times.

Walker....lawd sweet baby Jesus I dunno what happened with Walker.  Kid goes from playing top 10 DB's last year to giving up the ball every game without any kind of fight.  He was the reason Sunderland scored today and the the reason we dropped points in 2 games this season in the last 10 min alone. 

Lennon/Bale are both playing their roles well.  Wish Lennon would have a little more confidence and go at goal like he did today.  He tries to pass the ball when he's already in the box far too many times.

ADE....I dunno what this man is doing with this life.  He can't finish 3 yards in front of the goal and has missed 5 1vs1 with keepers this year. FIVE!

Defoe is Defoe.

Overall, I think for us to have the chance to end the year in 3rd is wayyy pass what I expected! Dawson healthy means no more Gallas, Parker, BAE, and Kaboul will be back in full health in the early year, and best of all, we are ahead of the Gooners. 

Life is good Spurs fans! Enjoy it! Cuz you know how we are....we'll fall apart at the end of the season and miss out CL by 2 points.  COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!!  :beermug:

giggsy11

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 06:57:10 PM »
Gareth Bale-overrated and one demensional. Nani on form vs Bale on form-Nani all the way!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2012, 07:27:28 AM »
Gareth Bale-overrated and one demensional. Nani on form vs Bale on form-Nani all the way!

Giggsy sorry eh, but I have to weigh in here, IMHO Nani is de one of de biggest disappoints ever at Manu, maybe he has been nursing injuries for the last year or so, but when he gets de ball (just like stupid Ashley Young) I doh expect nothing!

I wouldn't even comment on de fact that you think Bale overrated, we all entitled to our own opinions:)

I wish Manu coulda find ah way (money) to bring his (Bale) overrated ass to Old Trafford in place ah Nani AND Young, just saying...IMHO!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

giggsy11

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2012, 09:50:31 AM »

Giggsy sorry eh, but I have to weigh in here, IMHO Nani is de one of de biggest disappoints ever at Manu, maybe he has been nursing injuries for the last year or so, but when he gets de ball (just like stupid Ashley Young) I doh expect nothing!

I wouldn't even comment on de fact that you think Bale overrated, we all entitled to our own opinions:)

I wish Manu coulda find ah way (money) to bring his (Bale) overrated ass to Old Trafford in place ah Nani AND Young, just saying...IMHO!

Hey Fyzo- Nani when he is on form harder to defend than Bale who relies on speed tuh beats his man. Nani has been more productive than Bale since both have been in the EPL. Only this year Bale has been producing consistently. IMO, Fergie runined Nani by consistently playing him on the left tuh accomodate one legged Valencia. Nani produced when he got a consistent run on the right. We have not had consistent wing play this season. Valencia apparently plying with a bad back and it shows, Young is strictly a mid level side player, Nani has been injured most of the year. Fergie recognises what Nani brings to the side- he said he not for sale because he brings skills to the side no other player\winger does. I would prefer to get a winger outside of Bale, who can beats a man.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 02:19:56 PM »
Yup.....in the world where Bias is true.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2013, 09:20:26 PM »
Just read Yorke was a Spurs supporter! The best support the best

1]; } ?>