April 16, 2024, 03:00:58 PM

Author Topic: Anybody know if Puncheon who plays for Southampton is a Trini?  (Read 2456 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Anybody know if Puncheon who plays for Southampton is a Trini?
« on: September 02, 2012, 10:46:32 PM »
Wit a name like dat...he would be a fan favourite  :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody know if Puncheon who plays for Southampton is a Trini?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 11:00:59 PM »
Haha

Ah wonder how dey does pronounce it.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 11:03:28 PM »
I've been trying to figure out where his heritage lies for a while, been following him since he was at Barnet.  For some reason I thought Bajan but I don't know why.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 11:18:25 PM »
Haha

Ah wonder how dey does pronounce it.

Same way... 'punchin'.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 07:43:36 AM »
I've been trying to figure out where his heritage lies for a while, been following him since he was at Barnet.  For some reason I thought Bajan but I don't know why.

I wondered also .... he is from croydon london .. ... \
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 10:26:52 AM »
Puncheon have a real rum face also, What a name? I know the people on forum who watch the was laughing like hell. He had a good game.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 11:01:30 AM »
i tort d man was advertisin..ah say hmm forres park reach boy!

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 12:00:42 PM »
KAMLA GO HOLD AH MOTOCADE FOR HE  :beermug:
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 04:49:49 PM »
Jason Puncheon playing for the Reggae Boyz now.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 06:50:25 PM »
Well he is not in their squad for the Caribbean Cup...

18 foreign-based players in Reggae Boyz 23-man squad
Jamaican Observer

EIGHTEEN overseas-based players have been called up by head coach Winfried Schaefer to represent Jamaica at the 2014 Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Men's Caribbean Cup which has been pushed back by a day to begin next Tuesday.

Of the 18, seven players are from the England, seven from the US Major League Soccer, three from Norway and one from the lower leagues of the US.

Five local-based players, including the Red Stripe Premier League's top scorer Craig Foster of Reno FC, along with the Kemar Lawrence of Harbour View and the Waterhouse trio of Hughan Gray, Nicholy Findlayson and Romario Campbell, were also named.

The Reggae Boyz open their campaign against Martinique next Wednesday, November 12 at the Montego Bay Sport Complex.

Jamar Loza was slated to arrive last evening, while Je-Vaughn Watson (FC Dallas) and DuWayne Kerr (Sarpsborg 08) are scheduled to arrive on Monday.

Nyron Northworthy (Bristol City), Wes Morgan (Leicester City), Joel McAnuff (Leyton Orient), Simon Dawkins (Derby County), Joel Grant (Yeovil Town), and Rodolph Austin (Leeds United) are expected in the island tomorrow.

The others, who have already been in camp, are Andre Blake (Philadelphia Union), Ryan Thompson (Tampa Bay Rowdies), Jermaine Taylor (Houston Dynamo), Demar Phillips (Aalesund), Alvas Powell (Portland Timbers), Darren Mattocks (Vancouver), Dane Richards (Bodo/Glimt), Deshorn Brown (Colorado Rapids).

Meanwhile, the CFU said it had made the decision to push back the start by a day of a request from some teams. Consequently the tournament will now end on Tuesday, November 18.

"Following the request of at least three participating member associations and the support of several other participating member associations, the CFU Executive Committee has been considering the delay of the Final Round of the CFU Caribbean Cup by one day," the release said.

"Today, the CFU President and Executive Committee decided to change the dates of the CFU Caribbean Cup."

The release did not indicate the reason behind the teams' request for the date change.

Trinidad and Tobago, the 2012 losing finalists, will open the tournament when they face Curacao in the first game, with title-holders Cuba clashing with French Guiana in the feature game to be played at the Montego Bay Sports Complex next Tuesday.

The organisers also noted that with the push-back of the date of the tournament, persons who already purchased tickets for the opening day, with November 10 printed on them, will still be accepted at the gates.

The JFF has advised the public that due to the push- back in the start of the tournament by one day, matches will be played on the day following that stated on tickets.

Hence, where tickets have games being played on the 10th November (original start date), the games will be played on the 11th. Games on tickets stated to play on the 11th will now be played on the 12th, etc. All the times listed remain the same, and all games listed remain the same.

This has been caused by the fact that tickets were already printed when the decision was taken to delay the start of the competition by one day.

The CFU and the JFF have apologised for any inconvenience this may cause, but advised the public that security personnel at gates were aware of this development.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 07:12:17 PM »
He was called up, but unavailable since called up. Like he still waiting on a UK call up..

:devil:

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 02:59:10 AM »
KAMLA GO HOLD AH MOTOCADE FOR HE  :beermug:

Ouch!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 11:46:01 AM »
Jason Puncheon has Jamaican heritage and qualifies to play for Jamaica.Jamaica could produce 2 good teams with players from England and USA,i saw a list of 132 players with Jamaican heritage who can play for Jamaica.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 01:44:47 PM »
With a name and face like that, if Puncheon was of TT descent, we would have known long time ago.

1]; } ?>