April 23, 2024, 10:11:19 PM

Author Topic: Anybody see this yet?  (Read 2239 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Anybody see this yet?
« on: September 04, 2012, 02:27:07 PM »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody see this yet?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 02:47:53 PM »
I would assume a document like that should have an official letter head.

I don't know if that is his signature or not.

So i will be doubtful for now.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 03:45:58 PM »
I was just listening to i95fm MR Delima said it is a motion to be moved on sunday when they have their meeting.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 03:49:42 PM »
De Lima: Jack shouldn'tbe a Minister at all
By Joel Julien joel.julien@trinidadexpress.com

Story Updated: Jun 29, 2012 at 12:37 PM ECT

THE appointment of Jack Warner as National Security Minister is not right, vice chairman of the Congress of the People (COP) Vernon de Lima, has said.

De Lima made the statement yesterday as he joined members of the Highway Re-route Movement in a day of prayer and fasting outside the Office of the Prime Minister in St Clair.

De Lima called on COP political leader Prakash Ramadhar to take a stand on Warner's appointment.

"The COP has to take a position it is our responsibility to take a position otherwise what is the sense," de Lima said yesterday.

"What I am saying here today in not inconsistent with what I have said for the past two and a half years," he said.

"Two years ago when we heard Mr Warner was being appointed (as a Cabinet Minister) the COP took a position and we made a public statement objecting to that," de Lima said.

"Now he has been appointed in this particular case as the Minister of National Security. How could that be right? I mean this is my position, on the 20th of March the DPP (Director of Public Prosecutions Roger Gaspard) sent a letter to the commissioner of police instructing them to continue investigations into the customs offence. Now how could it be right for him to appointed as the boss of the police who have to investigate him," de Lima said.

"If I am wrong tell me I am wrong, anybody in Trinidad and Tobago tell me I am wrong. I am here to be corrected," he said.

Warner's orders to demolish a camp site belonging to members of the Highway Re-route Movement is evidence of his lack of suitability for the role of National Security Minister, de Lima said.

"The wrong way was employed. We have to see to it the right thing is done," he said.

He said Wednesday's action was reminiscent of a scene in 2009 under the former People's National Movement (PNM) administration when persons protesting an international summit to be held in this country were faced with force from police.

"We have moved the PNM and we have put something in that looks just like the PNM and I do not believe in it and I am not going to stand for it," de Lima said.

He defended the members of the Highway Re-route Movement and said they had done nothing wrong.

"What they (the protesters) are doing is not wrong...it is correct they are a legitimate protest and it could have been settled in a very human way by dialogue," de Lima said.

Former deputy political leader of the COP Robert Mayers, who was also present at yesterday's day of prayer and fasting, said he stood "in condemnation of Warner's Gestapo tactics".

Asked whether he felt Warner should resign, Mayers said: "He just got the job...he should not have gotten it in the first place".

The Express contacted COP political leader Prakash Ramadhar for comment on the issue, however, a woman who answered his cell phone said that a statement was released by the COP on Wednesday and Ramadhar as political leader of the party stands by that statement.

Told that the Express would like to ask Ramadhar questions stemming from statements made at the post-Cabinet press conference at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann's yesterday, the woman assured that Ramadhar will return the call, however, he never did.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 08:39:30 PM »
Wha bout dis? Dis legit? Cause I hope not.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 09:05:20 PM »
what about the 31st August 1962 ?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 09:11:14 PM »
what about the 31st August 1962 ?

This was the caption i got for it...eh sure how true.
This is the CONTROVERSIAL COPYBOOK timeline. From Columbus to KAMLA and no mention of the significant HISTORY associated or Dr. Eric Williams and other significant leaders. Some very CONTENTIOUS HISTORY also included.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 11:17:00 PM »
Yeah, this all over the news. 10's of thousands were distributed to schools and given to children. There have been accusations that the govt is rewriting history from an East Indian perspective as children will learn a false history of T&T.

Note no mention of the 1990 coup, or the Black Power movement in the 70's or Uriah Butler.

Also note how October 12th 1806 comes after 1814, 1834 and 1845 and August 3rd 1945 comes before 8th May 1945.

Nobody from T&T fought in the 1939-45 war, the steel pan wasn't invented, it was introduced, Ellis Clarke wasn't a Sir and Eric Williams wasn't a Dr, oil and gas were never discovered, Hasely Crawford didn't win T&T's first gold medal, the Soca Warriors never became the smallest country to play in the World Cup, there was no Miss world from T&T, but important facts such the end of the sugar business and the PP being elected are included.

The Minister of Planning & Sustainable Development Bhoendradatt Tewarie should be sacked.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:18:49 PM by Football supporter »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 06:48:53 AM »

The Minister of Planning & Sustainable Development Bhoendradatt Tewarie should be sacked.

Why him? If this falls under his ministry then he doing his job....executing a plan and sustaining a mode of development! ::)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 06:52:27 AM »
Ah yes, I missed that. I guess the full title is The Minister of Planning To Erase The African From T&T History & Sustainable Development Of The East Indian Fairy Tale.  :devil:

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 11:01:19 AM »
But back to the original point of this thread.....laters Vernon. All de best in yuh planting of peas or whaever mode of gardening yuh wish to persue.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Cop_leader__We_re_not_leaving_Govt-168711086.html

Cop leader: We're not leaving Govt
By Anna Ramdass anna.ramdass@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: Sep 5, 2012 at 10:52 PM ECT

Story Updated: Sep 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM ECT

Prakash Ramadhar, political leader of the Congress of the People (COP), has taken in front, indicating yesterday that the party will not be leaving the ruling People's Partnership even as National Security Minister Jack Warner continues to function as a senior Cabinet Minister.

Ramadhar made it clear that since Warner has refused to step down, only the Prime Minister can take action against him, not the COP.

Ramadhar's statement comes on the heels of public disclosure of a motion filed by COP vice-chairman Vernon De Lima which contains an ultimatum calling on Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar to remove Warner from her Cabinet or else the COP will distance itself from the Partnership.

But Warner lashed out at De Lima last night, saying that on Sunday, when the COP is scheduled to debate De LIma's motion, he will have the last laugh.

"I would much prefer to be the first person to comment on Sunday about the level of foolishness that comes from one who professes to be a lawyer of repute," said Warner.

He claimed that De Lima has a personal grouse against him as he (De Lima) was rejected as a candidate for National Security Minister.

"Yes, De Lima wanted to be the Minister of National Security and was rejected outright and since then he has continued to be rejected, he is a failure in his own party and on Sunday I will tell the nation that his only claim to fame was when he got silk and that was when this Government came into office," said Warner.

De Lima cited Warner's involvement in FIFA bribery scandals as a bone of contention, as well as a recent report from the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) which cast Warner in a negative light.

Ramadhar's release stated that De Lima's motion will be debated Sunday at the party's national council meeting at COP Operations Centre, Chaguanas, "in the interest of democracy".

While De Lima's motion speaks specifically to parting ways with the Partnership should the National Security Minister not be fired, Ramadhar stated yesterday that the COP will not be walking.

Ramadhar explained that when Warner first became embroiled in FIFA controversy, the COP national executive met, deliberated the issue and had taken an official position which remains the same to date.

"The COP stated then, and continues to hold, that Mr Warner should have stepped aside from his Ministerial position until the investigations into the matter were concluded and decisions had been made as to his role in the matter and culpability or otherwise," said Ramadhar.

He stated that there was "no new situation" concerning Warner that has arisen since the COP first expressed its position on it.

"The COP's position remains that Mr Warner should step down from Ministerial responsibility until investigations are concluded," stated Ramadhar.

He reiterated that the Prime Minister has the power to fire Warner.

"The COP is also clear that Mr Warner's refusal to remove himself from Ministerial positions puts the question of whether he should be removed as a Minister in the hands of the Political Leader of his party and Prime Minister and not the COP," stated Ramadhar.

"Therefore the issue of leaving the Partnership simply does not arise, especially in light of the fact that the Party pronounced on this just a few months ago at the April meeting of the National Council," he added.

Contacted yesterday, De Lima said that he leaves it for the members of the COP to decide.

"Everybody should discuss the matter and come out on Sunday and share their views."

He said his position against Warner remains the same, adding that this was not any personal grouse but a national issue.

Questioned on Warner's claim that De Lima's discontent against him stemmed from the fact that he (De Lima) was rejected for the post of National Security Minister, De Lima said he did not even know that the COP had put forward his name as a candidate for the job which former National Security minister Brigadier John Sandy bagged.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 09:52:57 PM »
But back to the original point of this thread.....laters Vernon. All de best in yuh planting of peas or whaever mode of gardening yuh wish to persue.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Cop_leader__We_re_not_leaving_Govt-168711086.html

Cop leader: We're not leaving Govt
By Anna Ramdass anna.ramdass@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: Sep 5, 2012 at 10:52 PM ECT

Story Updated: Sep 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM ECT

Prakash Ramadhar, political leader of the Congress of the People (COP), has taken in front, indicating yesterday that the party will not be leaving the ruling People's Partnership even as National Security Minister Jack Warner continues to function as a senior Cabinet Minister.

Ramadhar made it clear that since Warner has refused to step down, only the Prime Minister can take action against him, not the COP.

Ramadhar's statement comes on the heels of public disclosure of a motion filed by COP vice-chairman Vernon De Lima which contains an ultimatum calling on Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar to remove Warner from her Cabinet or else the COP will distance itself from the Partnership.

But Warner lashed out at De Lima last night, saying that on Sunday, when the COP is scheduled to debate De LIma's motion, he will have the last laugh.

"I would much prefer to be the first person to comment on Sunday about the level of foolishness that comes from one who professes to be a lawyer of repute," said Warner.

He claimed that De Lima has a personal grouse against him as he (De Lima) was rejected as a candidate for National Security Minister.

"Yes, De Lima wanted to be the Minister of National Security and was rejected outright and since then he has continued to be rejected, he is a failure in his own party and on Sunday I will tell the nation that his only claim to fame was when he got silk and that was when this Government came into office," said Warner.

De Lima cited Warner's involvement in FIFA bribery scandals as a bone of contention, as well as a recent report from the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) which cast Warner in a negative light.

Ramadhar's release stated that De Lima's motion will be debated Sunday at the party's national council meeting at COP Operations Centre, Chaguanas, "in the interest of democracy".

While De Lima's motion speaks specifically to parting ways with the Partnership should the National Security Minister not be fired, Ramadhar stated yesterday that the COP will not be walking.

Ramadhar explained that when Warner first became embroiled in FIFA controversy, the COP national executive met, deliberated the issue and had taken an official position which remains the same to date.

"The COP stated then, and continues to hold, that Mr Warner should have stepped aside from his Ministerial position until the investigations into the matter were concluded and decisions had been made as to his role in the matter and culpability or otherwise," said Ramadhar.

He stated that there was "no new situation" concerning Warner that has arisen since the COP first expressed its position on it.

"The COP's position remains that Mr Warner should step down from Ministerial responsibility until investigations are concluded," stated Ramadhar.

He reiterated that the Prime Minister has the power to fire Warner.

"The COP is also clear that Mr Warner's refusal to remove himself from Ministerial positions puts the question of whether he should be removed as a Minister in the hands of the Political Leader of his party and Prime Minister and not the COP," stated Ramadhar.

"Therefore the issue of leaving the Partnership simply does not arise, especially in light of the fact that the Party pronounced on this just a few months ago at the April meeting of the National Council," he added.

Contacted yesterday, De Lima said that he leaves it for the members of the COP to decide.

"Everybody should discuss the matter and come out on Sunday and share their views."

He said his position against Warner remains the same, adding that this was not any personal grouse but a national issue.

Questioned on Warner's claim that De Lima's discontent against him stemmed from the fact that he (De Lima) was rejected for the post of National Security Minister, De Lima said he did not even know that the COP had put forward his name as a candidate for the job which former National Security minister Brigadier John Sandy bagged.

Maybe not. I heard several COP members saying that Prakash is ignoring their concerns. They think the vote will be close, but even if this motion is passed, Prakash will ignore their wishes. They feel that the rank and file of the party are being ignored because the leaders don't want to lose the perks of their Ministerial positions.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 06:37:22 AM »
Maybe not. I heard several COP members saying that Prakash is ignoring their concerns. They think the vote will be close, but even if this motion is passed, Prakash will ignore their wishes. They feel that the rank and file of the party are being ignored because the leaders don't want to lose the perks of their Ministerial positions.

dat was obvious from d beginin u ent see how fast Mc. leod cut ties with MSJ when they start to aggitate, nobody with a cabinet post will ever give it up or speak up............

I pity the fool....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 08:40:23 AM »
From the onset of this Frankenstein government there has been a divergence of tone and utterance from the COP executive and COP MPs, under Dookeran and now under Ramadhar.  Notwithstanding the compromises made by the PM to include more COP members in the Government on State boards and state employment there is little in the way of opposition to KamJack et al. De Lima might as well have been talking to a wall. When the motion is defeated the PNM should use this as an opportunity to brand the COP and UNC two cheeks of the same backside.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 03:02:33 PM »
From the onset of this Frankenstein government there has been a divergence of tone and utterance from the COP executive and COP MPs, under Dookeran and now under Ramadhar.  Notwithstanding the compromises made by the PM to include more COP members in the Government on State boards and state employment there is little in the way of opposition to KamJack Jamla et al. De Lima might as well have been talking to a wall. When the motion is defeated the PNM should use this as an opportunity to brand the COP and UNC two cheeks of the same backside.

Modified  :rotfl:

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 01:45:37 PM »
From the onset of this Frankenstein government there has been a divergence of tone and utterance from the COP executive and COP MPs, under Dookeran and now under Ramadhar.  Notwithstanding the compromises made by the PM to include more COP members in the Government on State boards and state employment there is little in the way of opposition to KamJack Jamla et al. De Lima might as well have been talking to a wall. When the motion is defeated the PNM should use this as an opportunity to brand the COP and UNC two cheeks of the same backside.

Modified  :rotfl:

Or Jakla?

1]; } ?>