March 28, 2024, 04:51:58 PM

Author Topic: Sport Ministry fiddles as national football teams shut down  (Read 3157 times)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sport Ministry fiddles as national football teams shut down
« on: September 07, 2012, 12:09:40 AM »
Sport Ministry fiddles as national football teams shut down.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com).

Sport Minister Anil Roberts and, by extension, the Trinidad and Tobago government spared little expense in celebrating the finished article as it recently feted Olympic gold medallist Keshorn Walcott and 50 of the country’s top sportsmen.

But the feeling within local football circles is that the Sport Ministry is not delivering to the athletes who are most in need.

This week, the Trinidad and Tobago national under-17 team, which breezed through its Caribbean qualifying group in July with 28 goals scored and one conceded from three matches, was forced to halt its preparations for the final CONCACAF World Cup qualifying round in February.

The national under-20 team has cancelled a weekend trip to Fort Lauderdale, Miami where it was due to play two practice matches against Canada in the build-up to its Caribbean Football Union (CFU) qualifiers in November.

And the senior team has abandoned a scheduled warm-up fixture away to Puerto Rico, which was meant to prepare the “Soca Warriors” for the upcoming Caribbean Cup.

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) marketing manager Anthony Harford told Wired868 that the local football body has not received payment from the Sport Ministry since April and there was no money to continue.

“The position remains exactly as it was,” said Harford, who is also a director at All Sport Promotion. “They continue grand charging but we still haven’t received one cent. We are all becoming disillusioned by this.
“In my opinion, the government should to be there to facilitate and encourage growth and encourage its citizens. We have 300,000 young people in Trinidad who are struggling without many choices and we are just monkeying around with them.”

National technical director Anton Corneal was distraught.

The TTFF’s coaches had survived with a stipend of $2,000 per month while they report to sessions for three days a week. Corneal has not been paid this year.

“We have been pushing on for as long as we can without the funds but we can’t do it anymore,” said Corneal. “The under-17 and under-20 teams qualified and we have to say ‘thank God.’ We owe coaches, maxi drivers, everybody. I have not been paid for the year and I have a family to look after. I can’t do this anymore...

“I have been to the government and there have been promises but I don’t know how long we can wait again.”

Ashwin Creed, the Sport Ministry’s Permanent Secretary, admitted that Corneal has visited him. However, he dismissed any suggestion that the Sport Ministry was obliged to help.

Read More

« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 05:33:39 AM by Flex »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sport Ministry fiddles as national football teams shut down
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 02:00:35 AM »

Sound like Jack badmind at work here.

I rell surprised by Anil though, remember seeing him in Germany with he big mouth and he should realise how significant helping the national teams would be.

It almost is like if TT football on the verge of total collapse just like the fricking country is .
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 03:18:17 AM »
breds, what yuh expect from monkey n!gger?? that iz why we will never gain leverage over our regional and confederational opponents ever again! we luck run right out! iz licks from here on in until we learn. no gold cup again for we until we learn to prepare properly and until these old men leave the sports to younger capable minds
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 04:59:32 AM »
Anil seems not to realise is he looking bad in this, not jack.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 05:09:48 AM »
yet the afraid to sue him
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 07:07:01 AM »
Sadly, although Anil may look like just another Jack Warner beeyatch, the truth is this an entity that can't account for 80 million TT. We should take it just so?

FOKK DEM!!!. Let dem catch ass. The sad trute is they will just sit there for the next few years unashamed of what their incompetence does to TT football rather than do the honorary thing and resign.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 08:32:36 AM »
Sadly, although Anil may look like just another Jack Warner beeyatch, the truth is this an entity that can't account for 80 million TT. We should take it just so?

FOKK DEM!!!. Let dem catch ass. The sad trute is they will just sit there for the next few years unashamed of what their incompetence does to TT football rather than do the honorary thing and resign.

VB
So if they resign will they start funding the National Program ???

So who should we replace them with, men that will say yes to Jack.....then he go release the funding ???
What would we gain from this ???

Jack and the PP Govt. have a strangle hold on we football because the TTFF stand up to him. He is the one who tief the money when he was the TTFF and now he stopping the TTFF from getting money. \So the man who cause the problem is now the one chastising the TTFF. Not because their books not in order, but because he still want to control them. he say he out of football so why he have prefered candidate for his old position as CFU President ???

Well here this...FORK Jack..... He is a wicked Mudda C!@#T.

Right now he F!@ing with my son future so it is personal. My son should by training with the U17s. I have a plan for my son and Jack playing up in he Mudda C!@#T..... If i see him to he face I will tell him as much....and more.

It is F@#$ing personal now............

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 10:01:04 AM »
Hate the fact Jack is still so dam spiteful and Anil Roberts is going along with it, what idiots...

On the otherside, if the TTFF is shut down and no one is getting paid, why are they still there ?

Are they projecting a big oneday in the future or just doing it for the love of the sport.

How come we could never hear from the president, Mr. Watson in all this.

Only Hartford and Corneal seems to be do all the talking.

Roberts should they tell we want a fair election and then they will get help.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 11:16:30 AM »

VB
agree fully. if the election process and the runnin of football was completely fair and open and accessible to everyone in t&t, then they would have the support of everyone and everyone would come out against the ministry for this.  but as it stands - no. I also find it unacceptable that the ttff so absolutely dependent on the gov't for their survival yet supposed to have 'no gov't interference'. mash down this administration. start from scratch. free ride done.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 11:28:26 AM »

VB
agree fully. if the election process and the runnin of football was completely fair and open and accessible to everyone in t&t, then they would have the support of everyone and everyone would come out against the ministry for this.  but as it stands - no. I also find it unacceptable that the ttff so absolutely dependent on the gov't for their survival yet supposed to have 'no gov't interference'. mash down this administration. start from scratch. free ride done.

Bear in mind that many on the Board, including the present Acting Pres. were Warner lap dogs. They have no credibility.
They could do the honourable thing and resign but this is TT.

VB

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 12:33:35 PM »
I said it from the start from di day Jack turn his back on football TNT will not have a team.. anyone want to bet couple of colds stripes dat TNT do not participate in the caribbean cup because dey dont have a team to do so?

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 04:14:13 PM »
To borrow ah line from BM.....IT GOOD FOR WE!!!

To preempt the troll.....Jack will raise again!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 07:00:52 PM »
Look at where we football reach

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 08:28:54 PM »
What is sad is we sit by and watch this happen .... 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 01:48:29 AM »

VB

Nah breds, yuh have to think about the youths.
Is not only footbal that corrupt in this country, is just about everything else but you still have to keep trying.

The youthman that is 14 now and was 8 and inspired when the strike squad had quailified, why must he suffer from not fullfilling a dream of playing football.

How difficult is it to work out how much it would cost to fund national  football on an annual basis ?

But because Jack not involved they ent going to release any money.

Anil boy yuh turn out to be a reall real big sports traitor.

I had a lot of respect for you regardless of what other people were saying but to let football and by extension a large section of the youth of the country down this way just show yuh is a self serving ......
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 11:25:46 AM »
Anton was one of many that wanted Jack out of TTFF. Now that Jack is gone, he (Jack) will try his best to ensure that TTFF crumbles and burns under the Anton regime.

This is really unfortunate. We (TTFF) really was never properly funded, well organized and truly professional organization. Now, with this current situation, Trinidad football is now 300 and dipping.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 01:35:28 AM »

VB

Nah breds, yuh have to think about the youths.
Is not only footbal that corrupt in this country, is just about everything else but you still have to keep trying.

The youthman that is 14 now and was 8 and inspired when the strike squad had quailified, why must he suffer from not fullfilling a dream of playing football.

How difficult is it to work out how much it would cost to fund national  football on an annual basis ?

But because Jack not involved they ent going to release any money.

Anil boy yuh turn out to be a reall real big sports traitor.

I had a lot of respect for you regardless of what other people were saying but to let football and by extension a large section of the youth of the country down this way just show yuh is a self serving ......

Actually, Anil had said about a yr. ago that he would only fund the youth program.
Perhaps JW has instructed him otherwise.

After all dem yrs on Spalk and all dat mouth, Anil end up just being another beeyatch.

However, while we talk, he is a Sprts Min. and getting paid.

VB

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 03:50:33 AM »
T&T football eh. when jack was in football he used to bawl bc of the way the PNM sport ministers would hold back or were slow to fund the program.  jack used to bawl how he using his own money and in the process call down God and the angels, now the foot on the other shoe and he is in the govt now, he holding back funding for the same organization he swore to nurture and protect.

trinidad football iz real bachannal yes.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>