April 19, 2024, 07:56:13 AM

Author Topic: FOOTBALL APPEARS TO BE ALIVE AND WELL!!!  (Read 4283 times)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: FOOTBALL APPEARS TO BE ALIVE AND WELL!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2012, 11:54:10 PM »
Yet the pro league is a ghost town.

Go figure. I guess people have more affiliation with the schools than clubs. During my first visit to T&T, I couldn't understand how people prefer to watch schoolboys than professionals. It's the first time I've seen kids get more support than pros, anywhere in the world.

I was amazed by the college ball in USA, but thats not the same, as NFL gets the same, if not higher, attendance.

FS, I've often wondered if a survey was ever prepared and carried out in the neighborhood to simply ask the people what would make them come out and support a team? Make it a project to carefully craft the questions that will lead to the answers you're seeking. I imagine it will probably be a combination of reasons. But I think it is a worthy project. Central FC can continue to lead in this area as well.

This is a good idea, and I think people in Chaguanas and Couva may be asked a few questions soon!! I'll give feed back on results. But in the meantime, how about some of you guys suggesting questions we should ask?

Remember, we can't be suggesting things like: "if an artist like Kes performed at half time, would that encourage you to come?" We know that if we could supply top entertainment or free drinks people would come, but a) its not cost effective and b) would they still come just for the football?

We don't have much of a budget to work with, so, forumites, what are the questions we need to ask?

Really, what I have in mind is a carefully thought out questionnaire. . .not a rush job.  But some version of these types of questions may be a place to start

1.   What would make you come out to watch your community football team, Central FC, compete in the PFL?

2.   What are some reasons you will not come out to watch your area’s football team, Central FC, compete in the PFL?

1A. What would make you come out to watch your community football team, Central FC, compete in the PFL?
• Scheduled time of games
• Friendly Ticket Prices
• Exciting Football
• If I know the players personally
• Other_________________________________________________________________________

2A. What are some reasons you will not come out to watch your area’s football team, Central FC, compete in the PFL?
• I’m too busy
• Not interested in Football
• Level of football isn’t where I’d like it to be
• The lack of professionalism: such as last minute schedule changes
• Other______________________________________________________________________
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 11:59:18 PM by Cocorite »
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2012, 06:13:49 AM »
Yet the pro league is a ghost town.

Go figure. I guess people have more affiliation with the schools than clubs. During my first visit to T&T, I couldn't understand how people prefer to watch schoolboys than professionals. It's the first time I've seen kids get more support than pros, anywhere in the world.

I was amazed by the college ball in USA, but thats not the same, as NFL gets the same, if not higher, attendance.

FS, I've often wondered if a survey was ever prepared and carried out in the neighborhood to simply ask the people what would make them come out and support a team? Make it a project to carefully craft the questions that will lead to the answers you're seeking. I imagine it will probably be a combination of reasons. But I think it is a worthy project. Central FC can continue to lead in this area as well.

This is a good idea, and I think people in Chaguanas and Couva may be asked a few questions soon!! I'll give feed back on results. But in the meantime, how about some of you guys suggesting questions we should ask?

Remember, we can't be suggesting things like: "if an artist like Kes performed at half time, would that encourage you to come?" We know that if we could supply top entertainment or free drinks people would come, but a) its not cost effective and b) would they still come just for the football?

We don't have much of a budget to work with, so, forumites, what are the questions we need to ask?

Really, what I have in mind is a carefully thought out questionnaire. . .not a rush job.  But some version of these types of questions may be a place to start

1.   What would make you come out to watch your community football team, Central FC, compete in the PFL?

2.   What are some reasons you will not come out to watch your area’s football team, Central FC, compete in the PFL?

1A. What would make you come out to watch your community football team, Central FC, compete in the PFL?
• Scheduled time of games
• Friendly Ticket Prices
• Exciting Football
• If I know the players personally
• Other_________________________________________________________________________

2A. What are some reasons you will not come out to watch your area’s football team, Central FC, compete in the PFL?
• I’m too busy
• Not interested in Football
• Level of football isn’t where I’d like it to be
• The lack of professionalism: such as last minute schedule changes
• Other______________________________________________________________________

:beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2012, 07:29:35 AM »
Go on the road the day of the game, and sell some tickets. Some giveaways and stuff. Marketing is the key and being close to your supporters. Get school children involve also
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>