April 25, 2024, 02:59:06 PM

Author Topic: Top 10 players from CONCACAF  (Read 3398 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Top 10 players from CONCACAF
« on: September 11, 2012, 07:16:03 AM »
1. Clint Dempsey (USA/Tottenham)
2. Landon Donovan (USA/LA Galaxy)
3. Javier Hernandez (Mexico/Manchester United)
4. Andrés Guardado (Mexico/Valencia)
5. Michael Bradley (USA/Roma)
6. Giovani Dos Santos (Mexico/Mallorca)
7. Tim Howard (USA/Everton)
8. Bryan Ruiz (Costa Rica/Fulham)
9. Atiba Hutchinson (Canada/PSV Eindhoven)
10. Kenwyne Jones (Trinidad and Tobago/Stoke City)

http://www.goal.com/en-us/slideshow/284
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Top 10 players from CONCACAF
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 08:02:08 AM »
Wow imagine if Jones was actually playing...  ::)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 08:13:05 AM »
When I have a sec I will try to expand that list to a Top 20 ... names that could feature: Marco Fabian, Joe Campbell ... hold tight.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 08:16:29 AM »
Jones? Stueps
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 08:33:21 AM »
1. Clint Dempsey (USA/Tottenham)
2. Landon Donovan (USA/LA Galaxy)
3. Javier Hernandez (Mexico/Manchester United)
4. Andrés Guardado (Mexico/Valencia)
5. Michael Bradley (USA/Roma)
6. Giovani Dos Santos (Mexico/Mallorca)
7. Tim Howard (USA/Everton)
8. Bryan Ruiz (Costa Rica/Fulham)
9. Atiba Hutchinson (Canada/PSV Eindhoven)
10. Kenwyne Jones (Trinidad and Tobago/Stoke City)

http://www.goal.com/en-us/slideshow/284
I like you Tallman, but why on earth are you reading/posting that Goal.com shit?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 10:16:10 AM »
LOL
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 10:46:13 AM »
Once you see Donovan as #2 yuh know that ranking eh no good.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 05:22:06 PM »
Stueepppsssss!!! here we go again wid your xenophobic bullsh!t, who on we national team right now could hold ah fackin candle to donovan??

since the man on the USMNteam he scored and assist in every major tournament, his assist rate is tip top and he scored against some of the best teams in the world, yeh he wild and rough, but apart from that the fella is pure class!

as ah matter of fact we only have one player in our history who i could say with a straight face was better than donovan, and that is latapy, other than that donovan is one of, if not the best player in concacaf, then chicharito, then dempsey. we could only sit and wish we had ah player with donovan's skill, speed and work rate.

give the fella his props man! the boy is class.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 05:26:03 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 06:58:14 PM »
Stueepppsssss!!! here we go again wid your xenophobic bullsh!t, who on we national team right now could hold ah fackin candle to donovan??

since the man on the USMNteam he scored and assist in every major tournament, his assist rate is tip top and he scored against some of the best teams in the world, yeh he wild and rough, but apart from that the fella is pure class!

as ah matter of fact we only have one player in our history who i could say with a straight face was better than donovan, and that is latapy, other than that donovan is one of, if not the best player in concacaf, then chicharito, then dempsey. we could only sit and wish we had ah player with donovan's skill, speed and work rate.

Elan eh say nutten about "we national team"... how that talk reach in dey?  Personally, I agree with him, Donovan is NOT better than Chicharito.  Madness to even put him ahead of Dempsey.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 07:24:56 PM »

Elan eh say nutten about "we national team"... how that talk reach in dey?  Personally, I agree with him, Donovan is NOT better than Chicharito.  Madness to even put him ahead of Dempsey.
OK then, who in concacaf during the time of donovan (his contemoprary) have more goals and more assist, especially assist?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 07:54:26 PM »
OK then, who in concacaf during the time of donovan (his contemoprary) have more goals and more assist, especially assist?

Dred me eh going and research no setta stats... Donovan played 99% of his career in friggin MLS and barely make a note in the Bundesliga, and had a one nice loan spell for Everton.  Chicharito has been better on a bigger stage... good enough fuh me.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 08:18:23 PM »

Dred me eh going and research no setta stats... Donovan played 99% of his career in friggin MLS and barely make a note in the Bundesliga, and had a one nice loan spell for Everton.  Chicharito has been better on a bigger stage... good enough fuh me.
Dais ah fackin cop out son.  the stats is where it's @, no matter where you played. just look @ latapy, he played most his yrs in scotland, whereas stern john who played most his career in MLS and the championship, compare those guys to KJ and KJ can't come close, even though he played most his career in the prem.

aurtis whitley forinstance, beenhakker played this guy who only featured in the pro league, moreso than samuel, jason scotland and latapy and he was a pro league player, as ah matter of fact wim rijsbergen said that if whitley was born in brazil he would be just as good as ronaldinho, so where you play has nothing to do with ah man's ability.

and as for donovan, though he didn't make any impact in germany, he continued to improve with age and time, and IMO, still is one of the best players in concacaf, not saying that hernandez would never get there, give him time, he's just out the box, he never did what landon did in the span of his career.

PS: doh sleep on MLS eh bro, in ah few yrs that would be ah top league, trust.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 08:20:39 PM by just cool »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 08:29:33 PM »
Yuh right... stats is where it is.  Man like Dwarika should be on that list then, I sure he own all kinda Pro League scoring and assist records.  And note me eh say nothing about ability eh... we talking achievements here.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 09:16:39 PM »
Yuh right... stats is where it is.  Man like Dwarika should be on that list then, I sure he own all kinda Pro League scoring and assist records.  And note me eh say nothing about ability eh... we talking achievements here.
Breds, i was mainly talking bout both international and club competition, but since yuh wan to go there, where is bravo in all this? after all he was one of MLS all time top scorers?

as for clubs, demspey is the big boss, hernadez like i said is ah great player no doubt, but he's ah just come, no doubt in time if he stays fit, will take the reins as top concacaf player maybe of all time, but for now, regrettably it's kakahole clint and big forehead landon.  and well deserved! the two work horses.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 09:18:53 PM by just cool »

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 06:48:17 PM »
I aint post in a while, and I for one am a Trinbagonian 100% . Jones shouldn't be on that list! Also even though Donavon only play in MLS and play toots in Germany, he deserve it, prob not 2 but definately in top 5!  All Friedel should be in that, Friedel is the best spurs player this season and was huge for them last season

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 05:49:44 AM »

Dais ah fackin cop out son.  the stats is where it's @, no matter where you played. just look @ latapy, he played most his yrs in scotland, whereas stern john who played most his career in MLS and the championship, compare those guys to KJ and KJ can't come close, even though he played most his career in the prem.

aurtis whitley forinstance, beenhakker played this guy who only featured in the pro league, moreso than samuel, jason scotland and latapy and he was a pro league player, as ah matter of fact wim rijsbergen said that if whitley was born in brazil he would be just as good as ronaldinho, so where you play has nothing to do with ah man's ability.

and as for donovan, though he didn't make any impact in germany, he continued to improve with age and time, and IMO, still is one of the best players in concacaf, not saying that hernandez would never get there, give him time, he's just out the box, he never did what landon did in the span of his career.

PS: doh sleep on MLS eh bro, in ah few yrs that would be ah top league, trust.

Really?????

U had a fair case previously, but just lost because of that statement

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 05:59:05 AM »
Kenwyne Jones cant even make a championship league side.

He built like de ultimate footballer and he does shoot de ball like he playing volleyball.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 06:00:52 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>