April 28, 2024, 05:04:48 PM

Author Topic: Section 34 Thread  (Read 42612 times)

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Section 34 Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2013, 05:47:54 AM »
This black vs Indian party structure needs to go. Sadly it not going anytime soon. The country needs a 3rd viable party.

pure jackassery yuh talkin....Black vs Indian .......when allyuh begin to understand what the united in UNC means you'd understand the root of racism within TnT and those who created it and seek to make TnT a vassal of India.

:rotfl:  :rotfl:
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2013, 06:47:02 AM »
 Although you could imagine that the email conversations could have happened.

If Rowley's final response does not  to some measure authenticate the emails then the whole bekennell (as dutty calls it) is just that.

It would also be a serious indictment against his intellect. I for one would not see him as PM material again.

In fact the man will be considered a damn .......
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2013, 09:53:23 AM »
  It would also be a serious indictment against his intellect.

ENT!!.....as serious as this issue is, I go dead wit laugh if starboy siddong on dem ting for 6 months and eh bodder to check if dem ting authentic......ah refuse to believe ah man dat write big doctorate paper go ketch so

Moreover...that fatfack Volney is such an attention whore:
In the middle of the ppl debate bout email..ah see he drop dis load of obvious fecalith

...I was wrong to free Brad Boyce

By Anna Ramdass

Story Updated: May 22, 2013 at 6:52 AM ECT )

Former High Court judge Herbert Volney yesterday admitted he made an error in the Brad Boyce murder case.

Volney made the admission in his contribution to the Opposition’s motion of no-confidence against the Prime Minister and the Government at the Parliament sitting at the International Waterfront Centre in Port of Spain.

He was speaking to the issue of the early proclamation of Section 34 and its intent to speed up the wheels of the justice system when he said, “And if I am to go as I know very well from the case of Brad Boyce which I embrace, I  made an error. I admit I made an error, there was the Court of Appeal to correct to me, they too made an error and by the time it got to the Privy Council the case was ten years old and the Privy Council said (the case was) too old to be retried, 10 years.”

In 2006, the Privy Council in its ruling found that Volney was wrong when he instructed a jury to return a not guilty verdict in the Boyce trial.

The DPP had appealed Volney’s decision to free Boyce.

Boyce was accused of manslaughter in the death of Jason Johnson who was struck in the head during an altercation outside a nightclub in 1996.

In its ruling, the Privy Council questioned Volney’s rulings and noted that he took the decision to recall pathologist Dr Hughvon Des Vignes to ask him about his qualifications in forensic pathology.

The Privy Council had ruled that Volney was acting on his own accord when he called chief pathologist Prof Chandulal to ask him about the qualifications required for civil service appointment as a forensic pathologist.

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2013, 10:14:49 AM »
So according 2 speak out TNT on fb Dooks talkin bout is hack they get hack and hacking is a crime. So what is he saying the emails are true?

So people who actually listening what is old Dooks saying?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2013, 10:21:39 AM »
So according 2 speak out TNT on fb Dooks talkin bout is hack they get hack and hacking is a crime. So what is he saying the emails are true?

I doh know nah wary, wit all d trippy ting going back and forth...........I tink d final analysis will be dat Rowley is witless and gullable, unless someting concrete comes to vindicate him
I pity the fool....

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2013, 10:24:42 AM »

from potential prime minister to an afterthought. poor fella never in the loop.

------------------------>
manning real laughing these days. he saved us from that police chief and warned us about Rowley. Now rowley looking like ah friggin imps with this. patos had more vision than all these fools combined.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »

manning real laughing these days. he saved us from that police chief and warned us about Rowley. Now rowley looking like ah friggin imps with this. patos had more vision than all these fools combined.

Who my Man patos nah he was arrogant etac etc. Vision not my man patos
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2013, 10:45:43 AM »

power got to his head. Re: vision: patos and his team had several good things in place, which the current gov't failed to build on. he knew what it would take to take trinidad and tobago forward (well compared to who's there now and potentially who may be next). but yea, swell-head syndrome was his undoing

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2013, 10:50:41 AM »
He went mad.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2013, 10:53:01 AM »
What hypocrites ! Men talking about Rowley intellect when Kamla couldn't answer what colour the $1 bill is without referring to a minister. 

Allyuh does forget or what ! There was a tsunami warning in the Pacific and Kamla say the ODPM taking all neceassary steps. Steups !

I not trying to defend Rowley on this garbage either but lewwe get real Rowley would wide the floor with Kamla in any one on one debate.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2013, 11:03:05 AM »

power got to his head. Re: vision: patos and his team had several good things in place, which the current gov't failed to build on. he knew what it would take to take trinidad and tobago forward (well compared to who's there now and potentially who may be next). but yea, swell-head syndrome was his undoing

U know what if he was living by me I would have been concern bout his arrogance but he was not and as u say he had a vision for the country. Right now d School 4 d Blind have more vision than this Pathethic Posse. We as a people will never learn we said the same ting bout Robbie but his history has been kind 2 Mr. robinson and history will be kind to Mr. Manning.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2013, 11:24:09 AM »
What hypocrites ! Men talking about Rowley intellect when Kamla couldn't answer what colour the $1 bill is without referring to a minister. 

Allyuh does forget or what ! There was a tsunami warning in the Pacific and Kamla say the ODPM taking all neceassary steps. Steups !

I not trying to defend Rowley on this garbage either but lewwe get real Rowley would wide the floor with Kamla in any one on one debate.

nah but jah after d last MoNC when dem fellas hijack d scene Rowley had to be atleast cognisant of the fact that his Ts needed to be crossed and Is dotted............his execution always seems to disappoint, I want good for him because the alternative is a scary ...scary thought, but if he doesn't develop some "street" smarts or atleast find an adviser with some,  they will continue to make a fool of him, Kamla is certainly an idiot, but Rowley does eat "chain up" with ah potspoon..........he seriously needs to take a step back and examine his tactics and smarts or lack thereof  and be more methodical in his pursuits or people may just give d PP another term and d sad ting is d PP real dunce and that in itself is ah stinging indictment of Rowley's distinct lack of guile.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 11:29:40 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2013, 11:25:48 AM »
Lawd......ah tired.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2013, 11:29:28 AM »
Lawd......ah tired.....

Yuh harden ah tell yuh buckle up for the ride.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2013, 11:54:35 AM »

nah but jah after d last MoNC when dem fellas hijack d scene Rowley had to be atleast cognisant of the fact that his Ts needed to be crossed and Is dotted............his execution always seems to disappoint, I want good for him because the alternative is a scary ...scary thought, but if he doesn't develop some "street" smarts or atleast find an adviser with some,  they will continue to make a fool of him, Kamla is certainly an idiot, but Rowley does eat "chain up" with ah potspoon..........he seriously needs to take a step back and examine his tactics and smarts or lack thereof  and be more methodical in his pursuits or people may just give d PP another term and d sad ting is d PP real dunce and that in itself is ah stinging indictment of Rowley's distinct lack of guile.
Agreed, he let down the whole team with this move. He just made himself look silly and impulsive. Part of this is because of a lack of technical knowledge but mostly because a lack of basic analysis of the content of the 'emails'. The info in its present form should never have been exposed by the Opposition Leader in Parliament . What's worse is he made it a central feature of a legitimate motion of no confidence against this hapless lot. The whole thing backfired in that the scrutiny has shifted from the sitting government to the opposition.

Asylumseeker was right. After the THA election he said words to the effect that Rowley could very well squander the victory. So said, so done.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2013, 12:18:31 PM »
Stueps acting like this go kill Rowely. Next week i bet the PP do some shit and Rowely look again. 7 day wonder till the next thing to talk about.
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2013, 12:21:42 PM »
Stueps acting like this go kill Rowely. Next week i bet the PP do some shit and Rowely look again. 7 day wonder till the next thing to talk about.
Yeah they have more in the pipeline.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2013, 12:59:53 PM »
is Colm set up rowley... he looking to take the reigns .... 

I wonder what will happen with the supporters if he does?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2013, 02:15:51 PM »

Asylumseeker was right. After the THA election he said words to the effect that Rowley could very well squander the victory. So said, so done.

:beermug:

I don't take any pleasure in what we're seeing on the political stage. We're witnessing a low point in political conduct and governance.

PREDICTION: The PNM will squander "this" ... moment? opportunity? goodwill? I can't quite find the word right now ... and, although it is somewhat a referendum on the PP, it is not a cakewalk to translate this resounding victory into a General Election reversal.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 02:18:37 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2013, 06:55:05 PM »
G: God, FBI could probe me, I’m not moving

Ramlogan said no external investigator has the jurisdiction under Trinidad and Tobago laws to investigate the alleged email leak.
TNT Finder News Editor
Published Thursday, May 23, 2013
Updated Thursday, May 23, 2013

“I don’t care who investigate me. It could be Rowley, it could be the FBI, It could be God”, declared Attorney General Anand Ramlogan to the media this afternoon.
The AG made the comment today as he dismissed the mounting calls for him to resign and for an independent investigator to probe the alleged leaked emails.
Ramlogan once again reiterated the email thread presented by the Opposition Leader in Parliament on Monday, was a document that contained a fabricated email thread, which was completely fabricated to create a divide between the Government, the DPP and the Chief Justice.
He said Dr Rowley trained his guns on Jack Warner who has since resigned from office and now it his turn.

'My back strong'

Ramlogan told the media “My back is strong” and “I am comfortable in what I do and to remain where I am in the knowledge that an investigation is taking place”.

At today’s post-Cabinet media briefing the Attorney General noted that under the laws of Trinidad and Tobago only the Police have the right to investigate criminal offences. He said the call by Dr Rowley to have the alleged leaked emails would require a change of the laws. Ramlogan noted however that the Police Commissioner has the right to consult with his Interpol counterparts and any external expertise required in any investigation.

Ramlogan said Dr Rowley’s by making the call is attempting to hoodwink the population.
He said so far those mentioned have denied all of the allegations Dr Rowley claims are in the email thread. He said the judiciary has denied any request was made to appoint the DPP as a judge and that the Guardian Editor has denied it has ever been asked to pull a story by the Government.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2013, 07:38:19 PM »
I find they acting like they have something to hide. Weird
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 23, 2013, 09:19:56 PM »
SPY BUG IN DPP’S OFFICE
Tip-off brings shocking find
Published:
Friday, May 24, 2013
Anika Gumbs-Sandiford

At the height of the Section 34 controversy, a sophisticated laser spying device was discovered in the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP), Roger Gaspard, SC. T&T Guardian investigations revealed the device was detected in November last year inside the conference room of the DPP’s office at the Winsure Building, Richmond Street, Port-of-Spain. Gaspard offered no comment on the matter when contacted by the T&T Guardian on Wednesday. Investigations revealed the device was detected after a search was carried out by both foreign and local information technology (IT) experts on the fifth floor of the building.

The T&T Guardian learned that an invisible infrared beam that is used to transmit conversations was found in the conference room, which is where the DPP normally holds briefings on various high-level cases involving past and former government officials and other matters such as the Calder Hart probe and the Clico enquiry.The conference room is also used when the advice of the DPP is sought by police officers on homicides and other criminal offences. On Monday, Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley, during debate of a no-confidence motion laid by him against Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and her Government, revealed 31 e-mails, one of which referred to a plan to spy on the DPP during the Section 34 debacle and to offer him a judgeship so as to be able to replace him in the office.

Other e-mails suggested plans to interfere in the judiciary and possibly harm a T&T Guardian reporter in connection with the publication of a report on the controversial early proclamation of Section 34 in September. The controversial section, before it was repealed, cleared the way for businessmen Ish Galbaransingh and Steve Ferguson, along with others, to have charges more than ten years old dropped in relation to the Piarco Airport Development project.

The e-mails were purported to have been sent from the e-mail addresses kamlapb1@gmail.com, anan@gmail.com, anand@tstt.net.tt, captaingarygriffith@hotmail.com and surujrambachan@hotmail.com. Persad-Bissessar, Attorney General Anand Ramlogan and other government officials have all denied any knowledge of the e-mails.

The bug at the DPP’s office was discovered after Gaspard received a tip-off and arranged for his office to be swept for spying and bugging devices by highly-qualified IT experts. The IT experts detected beams that showed a laser was being used to spy on the DPP’s conversations. One of the IT specialists who was part of the exercise revealed, “They detected certain rays that showed a laser was being used to spy on the DPP. “Someone can stay from the Port-of-Spain International Waterfront Centre and once they have a straight line of sight, and using the laser device, the conversations of the DPP can be heard.” The T&T Guardian understands the find sent shockwaves through the DPP’s office and steps have been taken since then to conduct frequent independent security sweeps of the building to ensure it is clean of such devices.

After Rowley made his claims about the e-mails, the Prime Minister referred the matter to acting Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams, who appointed Deputy Commissioner of Police Mervyn Richardson to head the investigation. However, there have been calls for an independent investigation.

Hi-tech bugging devices
Online checks show various spying devices are operated by an invisible infrared beam.
Among them is the Laser EMAX-3500 Laser Room Monitoring System.
According to the online ad for the device, it transmits an IR beam to the window of the target room.
The device consists of three parts—laser transmitter, laser receiver and an amplifier unit with audio-recorder—and allows conversations to be heard from a distance.
Both the transmitter and the receiver are built into standard single lens reflex cameras, allowing for perfect concealment.

How does a laser surveillance device work?
A laser microphone is a surveillance device that uses a laser beam to detect sound vibrations in a distant object. Wikipedia says this technology can be used to eavesdrop with minimal chance of exposure. The object is typically inside a room where a conversation is taking place, and can be anything that can vibrate (for example, a picture on a wall) in response to the pressure waves created by noises  in the room.

The laser beam is directed into the room through a window, reflects off the object and returns to a receiver that converts the beam to an audio signal. The beam may also be bounced off the window itself. The minute differences in the distance travelled by the light as it reflects from the vibrating object are electronically converted to signals that can be converted back to sound.
Source: Wikipedia

These e-mails, which  were among 31 read out by Rowley during the no-confidence debate, referred to plans to spy on the DPP:
TO: captaingarygriffith@hotmail.com
Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 1:33 AM
We have a problem. Things are getting heated. Need access to taps in DPP office. I want to know what his next move is. How soon can you arrange?
TO: anan@gmail.com; anand@tstt.net.tt
Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 1:40 AM
I will call SSA and get B. Ganpat is out of the country, he would be against this move. You know he leaks
On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 6:51 AM, anan@gmail.com wrote:
I gave instructions to B to sent him Germany for two weeks. I want someone to monitor DPP for this week. He made some statements. The normal protocol applies.
TO: anan@gmail.com;anand@tstt.net.tt
Mon Sep 10, 2012 at …AM
Everything is already in place in DPP office. Nothing out of the ordinary yet, Spoke with PM and she is furious about the article. What about the reporter, tag her as well? My person..Guardian said she has a copy of Lewis advice and is just toying with you. She does have someone in the US Embassy and is asking questions.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 23, 2013, 09:40:30 PM »
I tell alyuh this will get dirty. For innocent people they acting guilty. Now this news comes out. Rowely light the match. The fire now start
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2013, 10:16:04 PM »
I tell alyuh this will get dirty. For innocent people they acting guilty. Now this news comes out. Rowely light the match. The fire now start

Let me say it again buckle up for the ride. It's going to be a hotttttt summer. Since we have summer now.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2013, 10:17:02 PM »
If dey innocent...it easy. Investigate it. In fact...let Rowley chose the investigators. It would put him in the graveyard politically.

But....dey missing a chance like this? Hm.

Now...I JUST was coming to post that Guardian Article here....saying is real Tom Clancy ting here in true. Buh a next article that wasn't posted was posted on the 23rd...

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2013-05-23/max-i-sent-e-mails-integrity-body-authentication

Max: I sent e-mails to integrity body for authentication
Published:
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Gail Alexander

Text Size:

Former President George Maxwell Richards says he sent Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley’s e-mails to the Integrity Commission for authentication after receiving them from Rowley last year. Speaking from his Maracas, St Joseph, home yesterday, Richards confirmed what Rowley and PNM PRO Faris Al-Rawi had both said about the e-mails being sent to Richards six months ago, after they were slipped to Rowley by a whistle-blower. Richards demitted office in March.

Rowley, speaking about the e-mails in Parliament on Monday,  said he passed  them to the head of state and awaited a reply. He said he also had called on the Director of Public Prosecutions and the Integrity Commission to probe them and for a new Integrity Commission board to be appointed to probe the matter. The last board’s term ended on March 13.

Yesterday, Richards said Rowley indeed given him the e-mails months ago. He said: “I passed them on to the Integrity Commission, as those e-mails, on the face of it, needed authentication, so the most appropriate body to handle that independently would have been the Integrity Commission.” Richards said it was not done with any fuss, bother or publicity but as a matter of course.

He said it was done in complete confidence so that the commission would first check out the authenticity of the e-mails and carry out any appropriate investigation that may have been required. Richards added: “I want to make it abundantly clear that this was done in absolute confidence and secrecy.” He said he was enjoying his retirement, which he described as a “mixed blessing.”

Contacted yesterday, Integrity Commission communications officer Mervyn Crichlow said the commission would issue a statement on the status of the e-mails. On Tuesday, Al-Rawi said the PNM, after forwarding the e-mails, had been awaiting word on the issue. He noted a new Integrity Commission was yet to be sworn in.

On March 12, Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar was reported to have said she had asked Richards to allow the new commission to be appointed by then President-designate Anthony Carmona. The Prime Minister said she requested that because the commission’s term was expiring a few days before Richards’ own term ended and it would have been be more practical for Carmona, who was sworn in on March 18, to make the appointments. She said Richards had obliged.

Since Carmona’s appointment, one of his priority tasks has been trying to finalise the appointment of a new Integrity Commission board. Yesterday, T&T Guardian contacted President’s House to ask when a new board would be appointed. A statement from the presidency said the head of state was addressing the appointment of commission members “with diligence and gravitas, despite the heavy workload of President Carmona.

“A major challenge is the reluctance to serve by persons who have been tentatively approached,” it also said. An official said it was hoped the matter would be finalised some time next month. The official added a short list of names had been compiled but intense scrutiny of the individuals, including one-on-one interviews, were being done,  adding that Carmona, as an attorney and former judge,  was very “hands-on and is going over everything in this matter from top to bottom.”

This matter too serious to be playing de ass over. And its with this in mind...when this file buss...I stopped...and listened carefully to each side...cuz is a real cesspool we in either direction it go. I checked.....only one email....anan@gmail.com doesn't exist. I was supposed to verify one more..but the one attributed to Capt. Griffith real...Ramberchan.....and KPB..and by his own admission..the tstt one.

Rowley's winding up arguments outlined the circumstances as thus:
-Got the info...recognized it as a "whistleblower" trying to release the info while protecting himself.....was shocked...passed it to Max.
-Max get it...say WDMC.....send it to the integrity commission
-IC impotent at the time. Still was. Still is. Term ended with Max....on the back of pressure by certain persons to leave the appointment of the new commissioners up to the incoming president.
-Rowley realising that now options getting trimmed away in terms of investigation. Questions of who to trust. Exposing it in public is lawsuit..and not necessarily uncovering the truth.
-Recognizing that the this was a circumstance where Parliamentary Privilege could be used...he used it

Logical sequence of events....cuz in my mind I wondering what manner of jackass he is to come and drop something like this just so for no reason.

Today (Thursday) his outline was the same...with additional caveats.

-He explained his lack of confidence in the DCP....dating back to the "assassination plot" where apparently 14 random men were held with no evidence..but held only due to the SOE in place..as suspects....and...because they were Muslim. He questioned the DCP as to what charges had been laid...what progress....etc....and got the reply more than once..."Well..we working on it." End Result: Nothing Coming out of the investigation. He also stated the fact that this individual was past the retirement age...and continually given a short term contract...and as such...is likely to know what side of his bread contains the butter..and would act accordingly.

-The Integrity in Public life act in his interpretation allows for the IC to investigate something like this. He mentioned the possible strategy of the AG (totally as USUAL doing his duty to the LETTER  ::)) of stating that since the police are investigating it..then the IC cant...which is also in the Integrity in Public Life Act. However..his argument is..that this only relates to the non-declaration of assets....not a matter of this magnitude. In addition..there is NO Integrity Commission.

-He also mentioned the fact that when he spoke out against the Piarco Airport scandal...he was sent to the privileges committee...and expelled from Parliament. He made note of the fact that again..this Section 34..and this corelated scandal....revolves around that issue. In addition...it seems like the PM...has already determined what the outcome would be....and thus sent him to the committee...stating that there is no truth in it.....refusing to acknowledge scrutiny to herself and her office and her alleged conduct. He noted the contrasting speed of which the Speaker acted on the typed request to send him before the committee.....when it took almost a week for his motion of no confidence to get a hearing.

So where do I stand? Well.....lets put it like this.

If yuh playing all fours..and a man rest down a jack.......ent it BEGGING to get hang? All de noise and grand charge the other players could make.....if the jack there to hang...then hang it.

BUT

If yuh cyar answer...and trying to under trump when Jack call....den dat mean...yuh eh have nothing to hang it with.....no trump...or worse yet.....a 10.

Lets see how this goes.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 10:26:37 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2013, 10:50:27 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2013-05-23/integrity-body-%E2%80%98informal-probe%E2%80%99

e
Integrity body in ‘informal probe’
Published:
Friday, May 24, 2013

Text Size:

The Integrity Commission (IC) has pursued “informal inquiries” on processes towards authenticating the e-mails which Opposition leader Dr Keith Rowley received last year and which were passed to the commission by the former President George Maxwell Richards in March. A backlog of work is also starting to affect the commission adversely, the commission’s communications division confirmed yesterday.

The commission gave the comments to the T&T Guardian in response to questions in the wake of the release of the e-mails in Parliament on Monday. The e-mails are purported to bear addresses belonging to the Prime Minister and other high government officials and the contents allegedly involve a plot concerning the Section 34 issue. Rowley said he received the 31 e-mails from a whistle-blower last year and had sent them to the President Richards. He said he waited for developments and when none were forthcoming, he decided to raise it in the Parliament. He has called for it to be probed by the IC and for a new commission to be appointed following the expiration of the last commission’s term in March.

Richards told the T&T Guardian he passed the e-mails to the commission as a matter of course, as the material needed authentication and the most appropriate body to handle this independently would have been the IC. He said it was done in complete confidence and secrecy so the commission would carry out any appropriate investigation that might be required.
However, after the e-mails were disclosed this week, Government and Opposition members are now in disagreement on whether the IC can probe the e-mails. The Prime Minister and Attorney General say the IC’s powers do not extend to criminal matters such as those which may arise out of the issues in the e-mails.

The Opposition, however, says the IC is constitutionally empowered to  monitor and probe conduct, practices and procedures, dishonesty or corruption. Asked his opinion on the arguments and IC’s powers in this matter, commission chairman Ken Gordon said yesterday: “In a sense this is breaking new ground. Before the commission can make any statement on this we will have to examine it and get the best advice before commenting on it one way or another. We have asked our legal people to look at it.” Following the T&T Guardian’s queries about the status of the e-mails, the commission’s communication division said documents from Richards were passed to Gordon under cover of a letter which states inter alia: “I am forwarding to you the attached documents which were passed to me in order for your commission to determine whether they disclose matters which should be investigated under the provisions of the Integrity in Public Life Act.”

The commission said Richards’ letter, dated March 4, 2013, was received on March 6. “It should be noted that this letter was received on the above date, March 6, 2013. The term of office of four of the five Integrity Commissioners came to an end on March 14, 2013, the fifth commissioner being the chairman, whose term began on November 1, 2011, (and) will terminate on October 30, 2014,” the commission said. “In the absence of a functioning team of Integrity commissioners, or even a quorum, no formal action can properly be taken. The e-mails are secured at the commission and will be discussed at the first meeting of the commission.” Asked if any effort had been made to ascertain the authenticity of the e-mails, the commission said: “We have indeed pursued informal enquiries by the appropriate arm of the commission to better prepare the relevant documentation, but before these can be pursued we must await the appointment of the commissioners.”
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2013, 05:26:38 AM »
G: God, FBI could probe me, I’m not moving

Ramlogan said no external investigator has the jurisdiction under Trinidad and Tobago laws to investigate the alleged email leak.
TNT Finder News Editor
Published Thursday, May 23, 2013
Updated Thursday, May 23, 2013

“I don’t care who investigate me. It could be Rowley, it could be the FBI, It could be God”, declared Attorney General Anand Ramlogan to the media this afternoon.
The AG made the comment today as he dismissed the mounting calls for him to resign and for an independent investigator to probe the alleged leaked emails.

He said Dr Rowley trained his guns on Jack Warner who has since resigned from office and now it his turn.

Ah this sounds familiar.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2013, 06:33:52 AM »
It does seem strange dat dey appear to be panicking..........they should be lickin dey chops......yet, dais not confidence yuh seein',...........is more like it have ah shadow of truth and they fear that there will be deeper examination of their activities..........Rowley may have made an Ok-ish calculated gamble after all...........still should dot Is and crass Ts so as to be able to rebut on d spot......dais where he get hurt......but I get the feelin' he actually hit upon someting, especially given dat d UNC start "planning rallies" ::) to address dis "bed lies and non-issues"  :P

Interesting indeed very interesting.........Asylum yuh might be wrong dis time boy...all ah we might be wrong and I would not mind being wrong on dis "Rowley's handling" .......we AG is ah pretty damn despicable man and a sexual deviant if all dem rumours yuh does hear is true ....andshould not be in dat office.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 06:41:10 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2013, 07:10:07 AM »
It does seem strange dat dey appear to be panicking..........they should be lickin dey chops......yet, dais not confidence yuh seein',...........is more like it have ah shadow of truth and they fear that there will be deeper examination of their activities..........Rowley may have made an Ok-ish calculated gamble after all...........still should dot Is and crass Ts so as to be able to rebut on d spot......dais where he get hurt......but I get the feelin' he actually hit upon someting, especially given dat d UNC start "planning rallies" ::) to address dis "bed lies and non-issues"  :P

Interesting indeed very interesting.........Asylum yuh might be wrong dis time boy...all ah we might be wrong and I would not mind being wrong on dis "Rowley's handling" .......we AG is ah pretty damn despicable man and a sexual deviant if all dem rumours yuh does hear is true ....andshould not be in dat office.

As I said.....Rowley story was his story. Aspects in his story getting confirmed.....Max...the bug in the DPP office....all kinda ting. And if you listen in the debate...he showed the sequence of events....and why he did it like that....almost like a last resort.

De Jack dey waiting to hang.....buh dey moving like the ONLY trump they have is a 10.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2013, 07:12:09 AM »
In Dookeran's contribution he claimed that even if the emails were authentic they represented a private conversation and since no attempt was made to enact what was discussed then there is no issue.

Volney said that even if one part is found to be true then it should be investigated.

1]; } ?>